What does Veeky Forums think of the ranger raptor?

What does Veeky Forums think of the ranger raptor?

>2.0L twin turbo inline-4 diesel
>10 speed automatic transmission
>11in ground clearance
>Fancy shocks and suspension

Sounds expensive. Ill want one in 10 years

>raptor
>twin turbo diesel

Wut

>2.0L t
lmaokys

Looks fuckhuge.

Is it?

IDK if it'll be sold in Burgerstan yet so, I suppose by virtue of accessibility I prefer that Colorado ZR2

>not a 5 cylinder
They fugged up

>Ranger is the size of an F150 from a couple years back
Why even bother?

>210hp

369ft/lbs tho

Ya, it's gonna be wider than both the taco and Colorado Zr2

The current Ford/Mazda 3.2L i5 diesel makes only 192HP

twin turbo 2L only makes 210?

Subaru's 2.0L twin turbo makes 270 and BMW's twin turbo 2.0 makes like 320

thats pretty low DESU

Power is literally work done.

You can have a million pounds foot of torque but if there is no movement there isn't any work being done.

it has an ecboost v6 not a diesel

>Diesel

It's hard to make big power when you top out at 4k

then there is no advantage to a 4 cylinder diesel engine that makes such little power and garbage torque

actually, 369ftlb torque at 4k would produce 280hp, if this thing ONLY gets 210hp then it produces the max torque and power at only 3000rpm

Weren't you fucking people making fun of the little Colorado babymax zr2 only having 200hp? Yet now it's okay for a 6000lb truck to be powered by the same shit?

The big boy duramax and cummins don't have any issues making 400+hp and 900+ ft/lbs. You shouldn't be using engines that small in anything let alone a 7000lb truck.

By a whole foot compared to a ZR2 Colorado.
The shocks aren't even 50 mm, it's gonna suck.

The EcoBoost in the stock Usdm Ranger makes about 300ftlbs

>buying a truck that isn't either a inline 6 or V8

>buying a ferd
Ftfy

I’m just hoping they make a F250 Raptor, with a tuned Powerstroke. That would be the last word ever said in Automotive history

Dream on my friend. It is free after all

Nigger that is a v8 and a straight six, not even close to a 4 cylinder diesel. Depending on metallurgy you may be able to double that with injectors, turbo and a tune.

>tuned powerstroke

Say hi to the side of the road

This just gives me more reason to buy a fucking TRD Pro Tacoma over that junkheap. Maybe one day Toyota would be wise enough to drop a baby iForce V8 engine in one like how they did with the old 4Runner and slap a TRD supercharger on it and that would, without a doubt, dominate the Chevy Zr2 and Ranger Raptor.

Hell a stock TRD Pro has more horses under the hood than that POS

The front design is still ugly as hell
Kind if useless cars, sure you can lift shit with it but other trucks could do that at a cheaper price. It's mostly bought to wave your dick around, like 2 of my neighbors. See them all the time 'cuz Texas.

Perfectly decent truck - that is the sort of thing we get in the UK. I have used them at work a few times (although our fleet is mainly VW Amaroks) and they do the job just fine. The latest generation is a massive step forward from the previous generation in terms of drivability and refinement, they don't feel like farm vehicles any more. However I have no idea why they have dressed it up like that and called it a Raptor with that engine in it? Must be a marketing thing to capitalise on the faster models like the Germans do with AMG Line / S Line / M Sport packages on the non performance cars.

Why is the engine so small when it has so much room up front?

wrong
raise boost pressure and compression
ez

no reason to get one over an f150 raptor

also

>colorado zr2
lmao, its a fucking shitbox

No one is gonna mention that the Colorado ZR2 diesel also makes 369 lb/ft with a single turbo ?

>alomost 100 ft/lbs less than an f-150 aptor

is GM even trying?

Dear Ford US divison,
Please fuck off.
t. euro

Price?

pants on head retarded

It's a 2.8 lifter diesel that costs $10,000 less and focuses on being able to take jumps without bending the frame and being able to climb across rock piles instead of pretending you're a desert racer while sticking to paths you could take faster in a Subaru. Are you retarded or just pretending to be?

bc you want a regular sized pickup? not the barges floating around today

theres a comparison pic to an old ranger somewhere idk if you look for it online but its only a couple inches longer than the old one, alot wider though