Looking for a car for months

>looking for a car for months
>only want to spend like 3k max
>everything is shit because this is the salt belt
>people wanting $2000 for civics with 200k+ and rust
>really annoyed, just want to buy something
>find something decent like twice a month
>get excited
>end up convincing myself not to look at it because do I really want a car when I could just wait and get a truck, plus something could be wrong with it and I won't notice
>car gets sold
>repeat process, still have no car
Anyone else know this feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/d/2005-honda-civic/6463312273.html
chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/d/2004-honda-civic-ex/6486512478.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ask your parents to help you lease a used japanese DD, like a 2014 subaru impreza with awd, otherwise everything is too dangerous

You aren't going to be able to lease a 4 year old car

If he wants a newer car but only has 3k his only bet is to get a used auto loan from a credit union.

The opposite is true, ideally I'd get a old truck but salt killed them all.

I get anxious to buy something, but once it actually comes to shelling out the cash, I become schlomo shekelstein. I'm fine with getting a old shitbox, just get nervous when it comes to actually pulling the trigger.

>I get anxious to buy something, but once it actually comes to shelling out the cash, I become schlomo shekelstein. I'm fine with getting a old shitbox, just get nervous when it comes to actually pulling the trigger.
You should find a car that has a good vehicle history which can only get better the higher your realistic budget is. You should also find out specifically what kind of car you'd like. Sure you say "old shitbox" or "truck" but what kind of shitbox or truck? A civic? An old tundra? a corolla? a frontier?

Pick the car, then go research what they're typically worth and what common problems they might have around its age and what problems they'll likely have in the future. You only become nervous because you lack confidence because you lack knowledge on the car you want.

True, for this time I've been looking at literally anything that is somewhat decent, without any real focus on what I really want. What happens is I see something, then I email about it and try to get some informatio. Then I panic because it's a car I didn't really expect to buy, so then I have to try and learn everything about it in a day.

For my uses, a ford ranger would be ideal, not horrible on gas but is still useable for moving stuff around. I have more money and don't desperately need anything as soon as possible, so it would be wise to focus on what I actually want instead of trying buying anything that looks okay.

>only want to spend 3K max
>Anyone else know this feel?
Only you know if it is possible in your area for 3K cars to be good enough. I never bought under 8K for used cars because there was always something wrong after I had it inspected and thus wasted my inspection money too many times. As a result, I only started considering and paying for inspections of 8K and up cars.

I don't like weird smells that never go away from used car seats sold by Satou Motors in your rustbelt area. It probably means pochi sexu juices have soaked in. And weird sounds are unhappy too.

I bought my first new car without ever test driving any of that model. With the 2nd new car I bought from a different dealer and different model, I did the same thing and simply bought without ever test driving that particular model. And with the 3rd new car, I went to yet a different dealer and bought yet another different model without ever test driving that model. I can't say that my approach which is the opposite of yours works for you, but it works for me here at the opposite end of the yardstick from you. And no, it's not a made up story or copypasta. I did buy all those cars without ever trying that model before but I had been a passenger in them before. And I have been pleased with all the cars.

>Not capable of finding 500$ shitbox
>Not capable of maintaining a 500$ shitbox
Ask your Dad how cars work before you go smashing your fucking face into a brick wall
Get a job too

post local craigslist homie

>$500 shitbox in a state that requires inspections
good luck with that

>ideally I'd get a old truck but salt killed them all.
At what point do you regard a car as killed by salt? Some of my friends are so picky that even a small amount of rust on the exterior bodywork makes that car undrive-able for them.

>only want to spend like 3k max
But doesn't that usually mean the reason they are selling it for under 3K is because it just barely passed mandatory testing last time? So the next time it is tested, it will probably fail?

When every ad says
>frame needs welding
it's as good as dead, which is near all of them pre '90.

This frame doesn't need welding. So OP would buy it for 3K????

3k civic

Pretty much in the same boat but with 1500 budget, Camry would be a dream car but too taxed out the ass usually

no you fuckin puss i just dropped all my savings on a project car i barely even looked at it lifes too short

>everything is shit because this is the salt belt
Then rinse off the salt.

There've been plenty of past Veeky Forums threads describing easy methods how people get rid of salt during the "salt season".

>So OP would buy it for 3K????
Not OP, but seeing that makes me run away like a scaredy cat.

does washing it reverse the 20+ years of metal lost due to rust from the previous owner?

user your on Veeky Forums so I know you hate yourself, 3k will get you a nice streetbike, it will be fast as fuck you'll love it and probably die but you won't see it coming and your family won't feel bad cause you didnt have to kys

Look for Saabs, specifically 9-5's. You'll get a lot for your money's worth.

stop being a faggot and make up your mind on whether you want a car or a truck, when you've decided, find what model you want, then research said model online for various known issues/things to check before buying. then get it inspected if you absolutely need additional piece of mind

not with that attitude

>not with that attitude
yep, someone with that attitude against washing a car covered with salt is going to have a rusted car. other people i know wash their cars as do i. there are greedy people who skimp on maintenance and then rollback their odometer before selling the car. they are about money because to them, ethics is to be enforced on other people and not upon kingz and playaz.

How is it a problem with my attitude when everything on the market is already rotted to the frame before I even get my hands on it?

It's not like I can go back in time and tell somebody to actually wash their 1983 chevy square body so I can buy it without rust 30 years later.

No, cause I've never bought a car for more than 2k with almost no rust (northern minnesota guy)

Travel south to buy a car. There are so many good 3k civic meemobiles down here in TN. If you can swing it, 4k can get you a lot of Honda for your money IMO.

Here are a couple decent examples that popped up right away. The only sketch part is the potential of a wasted trip.

chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/d/2005-honda-civic/6463312273.html
chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/d/2004-honda-civic-ex/6486512478.html

>automatic civics
>pavement apes in the background of first picture
user, If I am gonna get stabbed to death, I at least don't want it to be over a early 2000's automatic civic

Yeah I noticed the groids after I posted it, but it's the nature of our little multicultural social experiment we call a country. Either way, it's a cheap A to B machine.

It's not so bad that I need to go south for just a basic car. Just that the market is very bad right now due to winter beaters, very few and far between.
I was planing on just getting a motorcycle in the spring and finding a truck or something in the summer. But due to statefarm trying to jew my mother for an $100 a month due to me not having a car so I have to be insured on hers, despite never driving it and not needing to be insured in this state.
Ironically enough it would actually be cheaper to still have the taurus I had to scrap last month, because even if it was just sitting in the driveway, I could have got the general or something for $20 a month and at least statefarm wouldn't be trying to jew us for more money.