/domg/ - Dominions General

Ulm Edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/qaccWnMt

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
web.archive.org/web/20150430021604/http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/core-mp-concepts-that-i-wish-somebody-had-told-me-about/

>Play by email guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Pretender designer
bsielski.github.io/pretenders/

>Debug Mod
For testing battle formations and spells
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0
forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Previous Pantokrator

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=EarlyVanilla
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=EarlyChocolate
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/1/1471967615889746218/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Aboleths being btfo.

second for you a fag

Third for remove bats

>Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky. But Crom is your god, Crom and he lives in the earth. Once, giants lived in the Earth, Conan. And in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Crom, and they took from him the enigma of Blacksteel. Crom was angered. And the Earth shook. Fire and wind struck down these giants, and they threw their bodies into the waters, but in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of Blacksteel and left it on the battlefield. We who found it are just Ulmites. Not gods. Not giants. Not elfs. Not bats. Not tentacle rape monsters. Just Ulmites. The secret of Blacksteel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Conan. You must learn its discipline. For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts.
*Points to the superior fiery Blacksteel sword +5 forged by the finest of the Ulmish Master smiths
>This you can trust

Fourth for starting the game as it's fucking full already.

dude i love bats
they teleport and keep cavalry and archers away from my good troops

Shilling games

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=EarlyVanilla

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=EarlyChocolate

Use the latest summod version plz.

They arent my games, I'm just shilling them.

Carto Revision really likes putting sea provinces on maps. Most maps had 20+ (!) of them, even though no UW nations are in game.

Anyway, I think I managed to generate something usable. Almost everyone has 4-5 land provinces in their capring. Fomoria's cap borders just 3 land provinces, but they also have ~9 uncontestable sea provinces around them, so I guess it's okay.

Starting the game now.

Please friend, no hostile

I'm willing to be your friend. Just please tell me your starting province #.

Reminder that blood nations falloff really fast. As can be seen on that last section of the province number graph.

999 provinces to 0 in one turn is pretty fast.

Ikr? Just shows that /domg/ expert players are never wrong and you should always rely on their accurate predictions.

>achievement unlocked: 'THE BIGGER THEY ARE...'

>game starts
>Realize the nation I emailed in isn't actually my nation but someone elses right after me
>I'm not in the game
I guess the explains why I never got a confirmation email.
I'm mad.

You should get a confirmation after your pretender is recieved. Read it carefully, it might've said "someone else already sent a pretender for your nation, faggot".

Never got nothin my dude, I even sent it to [email protected], havent play a multiplayer in a year and the steam guide never mentioned a confirmation email for sending in pretenders.
I will just join the next game.

Check your spam settings? I recieve one in 100 cases out of 100.

As you may know, Ur and Agartha have been quarreling over who gets to take and keep AI Sauro's Capital.
Well, it seems their fight has been premature, because Sauro clearly has other plans.

After Ur was driven off by Agartha, Sauro used its EXTREME TACTICAL SUPERIORITY to defeat Agartha's forces.

The result is in the picrelated.

Sauro used a hydra to bait the Pale Ones, which then proceeded to chase the fleeing androphags.
In the meantime, Sauro's longdeads advanced against defenseless Great Olms and initiated a shameless slaughter of the poor worms.

fairly sure most slugs ran away during the Ur battle

They are using the latest version of their respective mods

In that case you should join those games.

So did anyone get a sub for smerv or are we just going to let them stale for the rest of the game?

there's any mod where i can use diplomacy in this game
deceiving is god

Called Steam chat.

It was a fairly even exchange, but my army routed first.
However, it seems that on the same turn Sauro decided to break the siege and ended up fighting and beating Agartha. Dont have the log for that one though, maybe Agartha will oblige.

Agartha then had 1 turn to regroup its shit before getting hit by Sauro ( )

but this is with...humans

What are you, shy?

humans are disgusting

>Steam Chat
No, its called ingame messages nigga.

thanks abmin for giving me a 40% chance to start with a cave/forest.

Banes are not inanimate so they can be affected by leaching darkness of shadow brand? Or undeads are inanimate but not all are lifeless?

Official list of nations bordering Xibalba on IchtyidsOP map:
Machaka
Sauromatia
Yomi
Fomoria
Vanheim

Just food for thought. No pressure.

Undeads are all over the place.

Any of those nations is capable of rushing xib, but Vanheim would probably have the easiest time

Still looking for a temporary sub for MA Atlantis. It's turn 9, nothing interesting is happening anyway, we just need someone to submit like 4-5 turns.

I don't think I can get Atlantis embroiled in a war to the death in that time frame, since it's UW.

how do i make for my mage dont cast shit spells

steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/1/1471967615889746218/

Bring out yer scrubs

So?

So what?

Only research good ones.

Why can't we be friends?

honestly, I'm a little disappointed, tip

Pretty sure it would've died to 100 flags or something like that. Even 35 shitters was able to tire it out and damage it.

ARE they affected? Or NOT?

looks okay to me. I'd have maybe gone for the awe shield over the eyeloss one, but overall it's a solid build.

Note that it has 0 encumbrance, so its fatigue should come only from spellcasting.

Depends.

>losing to Jomon

according to mod inspector, they should be, but I'd test it

Actually, you're right. He just decided to summon a skeleton for some reason.

(you)

I'm not in this game.

Whoops, sorry about that then.

Post email.

say one good nation for blood

[email protected]

erfsnek at gmail

one good nation for blood

I don't need blood magic, I need 20 good nations.

I found a sub for Smerv, admin are you here?

should i go abysia fire-blood?

Hit me up with that email.

Go Abysia human blood. It's the apex of their experiments.

can you discord/steamchat its not me and I dont want to post the guys e-mail here

Sure, I'm in steam chat.

>that abysia bulge
what happenned?

Bad player being assaulted by Sy's tribless-and-a-half Mictlan

Malakal and Sy should be banned

This.

Why? Sy lost that game.

git gud

They warp games too much

Just strive to be like them, or even better.

improve your skills and also this

>tribless-and-a-half Mictlan
AUUUUUUGHHHHHHH

Let me guess, nobody even tried to remove him early?

SIX HUNDRED TRIPLE BLESSED OZELOTLS

Agartha and Yomi did, but I rushed Blood 1 and then used all of my mages.

Unironically perfect positioning by the AI to get its mindless/lifeless units to fight the olms

give me some tips to win a game
i am completely new
also as i am newbie should i set the ai to normal or to easy

Playing against the AI will never make you capable in MP. If you want to win games you should sign up for mentoring. It just so happens that a mentoring game is starting:

>steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/1/1471967615889746218/

>also as i am newbie should i set the ai to normal or to easy

Play against the AI a few times, just to learn the game interface and the basics of the gameplay.
Then start joining PBEM games and losing them.

If you learn from your mistakes, you will eventually win. Reading guides will speed up the process, but many things have to be learned from experience.
Playing against the AI is worthless at teaching you how to fight against human opponents. It is helpful for learning the game, and perhaps practicing earlygame expansion with your pretender build.

buy me a cd key

but ppl will be mean to me if they lose cause of me

Its not a teamgame (most of the time), the only one you will fail will be yourself.
No one will blame a scrub for being beaten too easily by some aggressive experienced player. Or maybe you will be ignored for most of the early game and actually get to chip in in some war, then watch whatever army you have built get obliterated by some bullshit tactic, of which there are lots in this game, but most have counters.

Also important to note that with most PBEM games playing at ~1 turn per day, you should be ready to keep making your turns for the next few months after the game start.

The team (disciples) games are usually set up through the Steam group ( /v/anheim ) so you will have a chance to introduce yourself and make sure your teammates are ok with you in their team.

Should I do Elves mini-AAR?

just say you were meme'ing

Who won? I don't know which red corresponds to whom. I assume vanheim?

what

Nice comeback. Even though I disapprove of elfing I would like to read a mini-aar.

Top bright red - Moat's Abysia.
Dim dark red - Coolstory's Vanheim.
Teal - Sy's Mictlan.
Brown - Carlix's Niefelheim.
Other colors - misc and irrelevant.

Against all odds, when at his lowest point, our hero Vanheim won in a climactic battle against 4 nations at once. But fans of the series still consider the second movie the strongest due to its darker tone and solid character development.

>Vanheim
>not the villain

the depressing ending makes it kino though

I'm thinking abou trying this game, how it is compared to other strategy games?

In the end, Vanheim realizes that only winners make history. Having seen the true face of his old friend and current rival Mictlan, he quickly decides to fight for the world he loves, even though his chances of success are dangerously slim. He uses every dirty trick in the book, but he's still out of time, as Mictlan is always two steps ahead of him. Finally, after everything was said and done, he sits on the throne he just conquered, only 7 elves and a dorf remain alive after the slaughter, and he looks in the mirror. He won. But at what cost? He became the thing he feared and hated the most.

Autistic.

No because they are inherently evil