Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/itDyHa8p
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.
Suggested Changes: piratepad.net/YwogqyaUro

>Useful Links (More in pastebin)
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Recently Released
Beat Valkyrie Ixseal - sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2332124

DARKNESSHERO Rance Mod - Beta FFA mod released (check pastebin)

Rance 5D and Rance VI (English and Decensored) - Released
Orders open at $34.95 for bundle
mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=1004
Check pastebin for download links or for hints
Hardcopies Available

>Upcoming Games

Evenicle (English) - Announced at Anime Expo. Likely a winter release.
Sengoku Rance (English) - Likely 2018
Rance Quest Magnum (English) - Likely 2018
mangagamer.org/rance/

Rance X - Announced. Delayed to 2017
- imgur.com/a/OaNFL for released information
RPG 3- by the Evenicle team (New IP)
Donna Donna - by the Rance 03 Team (New IP)
Loli MILF Nukige - by the MILF nukige team
'Heartwarming' VN - by the Atlach Nacha writer

Haniwa Development Studio: blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4771534.html
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4796071.html
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4819896.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6RzhmkzunuU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just realized, the menu is Sill's crotch. Guess Rance is making up for lost time.

Hornet is Rance's mother.

>white knight
>black

He looks pretty white to me. Need a little polish, but not anything that would fall into the black category.

The initial writer for the series is a woman. Even came up with Sill to be Rance's slave instead of just a companion.

You are confused.

Yukimi came up with Sill being the slave not Tori and TADA had most of the input into the games.

I think Tori only helped in the beginning. TADA did most of the writing until KR. 5D, VI and SR iirc were Tori's lead writing roles for Rance.

This seems like the current timeline, more or less.

late 2017: Evenicle
mid 2018: Sengoku Rance
late 2018: Rance Quest Magnum

After that depends on the priorities of Mangagamer. Here's a hopeful guess though.

2019: non-Rance game (probably Beat) and Rance 01/02 bundle
2020-2021: Another Beat or some currently in dev Alicesoft game and both Rance IX and Rance 03.
2022: Rance 10

This assumes that MG has no interest in most of Alicesoft's non-Beat and nom-Rance library. Galzoo might come since Maria and Pastel Chum like it, but it's pretty old. Maybe if MG really wants another first person dungeon crawler since that genre seems popular in the MG store. MG hasn't shown any interest in Alicesoft's milf nukige yet, but since they don't have any milf focused games, they might want to test the waters using one of AS's titles.

Yeah, got it confused. The artist for Rance came up with the slave idea. Not Tori.

Galzoo will never come over.

If VI is the cut-off date, the only options are Tsuma Shibori, Tsuma3, Oyako Rankan and Heartful Maman.

Maman is a shorter title that should be perfect for testing the waters though. But since it's the newest, it would literally be going backwards from there.

Why would MG only be interested in Beat games for nukige? No Tsuma games? No Oyako Rankan?

I think it stands a chance. At least we know Aru suggested it going off his pastebin link for the game suggestions he made to MG.

>2019: Rance 01
>2022: Rance 10

Jesus christ you poor souls.

I can see GalZoo getting announced next year if dungeon-crawling continues to be a success for MG. They did license some other dungeon-crawling game, so it must be a pretty hot genre.

Why would they license it instead of a cheap dungeon crawler from elsewhere?

GalZoo is ancient and unlike VI they don't have a translation and isn't part of a high profile series.

Because they have translators that can suggest for it and are willing to do it.

Ive played through Sengoku, Kichikou, Rance 4, Toushiro 2, Rance 6 and Haruka blades. What will you recommend?

Rance II and III

5D is the best game ever.

Speaking about translations, I'm the one who was translating Sengoku into Spanish, but I think I'll wait until MG's release so I can use a clearer base.
Meanwhile I was thinking about translating 02, 5D and VI, but I get lots of errors with the damn Spanish alphabet. In SR the problem was with ¿ and ¡, but in 5D it's with áéíóú as well.
I suppose VI will have the same issue as SR because both of them are System40, and to be honest I'm just a translator and I don't know shit about changing files so they work fine. Any advice?

I had no idea Spain even used a different alphabet.

If mangagamer didn't add spanish support when the did VI I don't expect them to add it in SR.

Well, I didn't mean that. It's just that we have additional symbols, like using ¿ or ¡ at the beggining of a sentence, or accents in vocals. Plus Ñ.

All the tests were made using the SR fan translation. I'll check if MG's VI works.

Complete the script and try to sell it to Mangagamer or hope SLC sees your posts and decides to help? Beyond that you're probably on your own.

Excerpt from Aru's pastebin:
>Galzoo Island-

>Pros:

>Fun RPG
>All about cute monster girls, people love that shit right

>Cons:

>Story is trivial
>From 2005? (shouldn't really matter because it's the same resolution as Haruka)

I'm betting this will be localized within 2 years

>try to sell it to mangagamer
How much would they pay for it?

I bet they'd try to lowball you on it since you have nobody else to go to and Buy Haruka

does MG even offer multi-language games?

Is the general Rance torrent kill? I wanna play all of the old ones and BBA.

Well, technically, Remembering How we Met has a Chinese translation. I have no idea how it got one though. It certainly wasn't done in-house.

all the old rance games are like 100 mb downlads max.

Just use the direct links. Every link in the pastebin works. I checked them all after nyaa died.

don't die in my sleep

It has monster girls... sort of. Well, kemonomimi are also popular enough, so it could do well just because of that.

To be honest, the Spanish eroge market doesn't even exist. We only have fan translations so it wouldn't be profitable.

I've tested the symbols I need in Rance VI and I just get dots for all of them, so I guess some file should be edited in some way that makes them show. I hope they taught us about this in the AV translation master.

monster girls are a really small but super autistic market.

game TL work doesn't pay much so I wouldn't expect a lot.

Don't think so.

Any tips/comments about BBA?

break out a guide when going for character clear stars. You won't find them all on your own.

Last thread said it plays out like SR. How's the OST?

TADA was the director of the series from the beginning. It means he is the one that decides what will happen and how, while the writers write the dialogue as prescribed by the director.

Of course others involved also are able to influence the ideas, be the writers, artists or others. So Yukimi, Tori, Purin, Orion and others had some level of influence on the series too.

OST is amazing (same guy), but the game really doesn't play out like SR.

They're both conquest games in that you are trying to take territory, but BBA is quite different. Just try it out and see for yourself.

ETA is 3 minutes until download finishes. I'm hype. I want to say it's been at least... seven years since SR came out in English? I was still in highschool then. Back then I don't think much of anything was translate. Granted still gotta wait for RQ to come out.

BBA is shit. I just finished it a couple of days ago.

Why do you think that?

How much does a localizer like Mangagamer actually take as their cut of the product price?

If I Buy Haruka for $100, how much of that $100 goes to alicesoft?

I didn't care about the story. I didn't care about the characters (most of all, I didn't care about the MC) and it was too hard for me.

Shit how? SR was hard to manage when I first played it but it's natural now, so if it's controls then that's fine.

probably because he doesn't have shit taste

Game is fine I guess if you like the high school setting.

Not as good as SR's but still great. Also it only plays like SR in so much it's a conquest game. Kinda plays like a mix between VI and SR's dungeon fights.

BBA gamplay is a lot like daiakuji

Captcha: today remind

If it was too hard for you, how did you finish it?

>how did you finish it
not that user, but judging by his reaction... probably joylessly and with self hate

How do you think? I got to conquest at least.

That would suck.

>Not caring about Gou
Something went wrong in your life user.

Depends on the contract signed. Usually either lump sum for licensing costs (ie game license plus voice actors fees if not included) or lump sum + percentage of each sale. Percentage is usually small like 10 percent or less. Localization companies usually always opt for former than latter so my assumption for MG is former since they're a fairly accomplished company. Basically alicesoft already made it's money and you buying western releases will only get AS more money when MG comes buying licenses again.

That said I believe companies make additional payments for physical releases so if a game managed to get a physical release (like both AS games currently have) MG pays an additional licensing fee to AS.

I never finished it either. But Gou was good and this (almost) makes me want to revisit.

I wish I had gotten past the national stage now

Might go read some spoiler on the wiki and find out.

that's probably how only you felt playing it.
by conquest do you mean, National Chapter? If so, that's not finishing the game.

I used CE for the rest, genius.
Since that user's gonna play it now I'm going to use spoiler tags, but his "twist" was totally retarded. A super strong guy does not suddenly become the weakest with only one person knowing it.

If you hate high school setting you're going to hate a significant portion of Japanese media.

Just added the translation patch. As the bald demon from Canada says, let's go(ooo).

Curry Wolf is the strongest. Build a ton of them, do Curry events and live like a king.

I'm almost certain that it's the latter on MG's end unless their deal with Minori is unusual. The minori fundraiser is based off of Minori's cut of their games' sales. While I'm pretty certain that localization for anime, manga, and LN's are lump sum, I don't think that's how it works for visual novels or video games.

BBA "high school setting" is barely there at all. It's almost immediately forgotten about after the first stage.

BBA can be a great game if you happen to like a lot of those character sterotypes. It's usually the game people play right after Sengoku.

It's worth playing for the sole fact of being able to clear every character, while it dosen't have infinite replayability like Sengoku, there's usually always something to look forward to after you feel like you've played it for awhile.

Not to mention it has a great soundtrack, and most likely the greatest OP for an Alicesoft game.

Maybe he was white before dying.

Let's say AS gets a cut from the sales. Do we know how much MG offers? Is 15% reasonable? 20?

>Using Cheat Engine while you could have just used SpoilerAL

Gou announcing that he was the weakest man in the world was only the first thing that he's done to make him great.

Not really, since in practically every turn you see Gou and Rouga in the highschool office, also, a lot of the character events take place at the school.

You seem to be really overleveled, but once you're over 100 floors the initial floor's drop rate will lower from whatever they are to Very Low, so might as well get that out of the way already.

>Not really, since in practically every turn you see Gou and Rouga in the highschool office
Now that's just nitpicking. Those scenes have nothing to do with highschool at all, it's pretty much just the background CG.

You could be right. I work in books so I was speaking from there. Manga, LN's and books and such are always lump sum. I imagine every company prefer lump sum to lump + percentage though so I would be surprised to see MG give cuts, but then again there's 6 games already confirmed coming over so maybe there is percentage.

20 percent is pretty outrageous to me. You'd have to have a company by the balls for that.10 percent is most I've ever heard for a parent company getting from localized product.

Well true, I guess it just shows that Wolf Fang's main base is a literal school. Still though, a lot of the people you can recruit happen to be unique students who's character events revolve around the school.

Haven't entered my first fight yet, but I was hoping that random mook would serve for a tutorial fight since SR almost immediately starts with one.

Is there any plot in Dungeon doll? Manumoto? Rance 5D?

BBA doesn't play like SR at all. Sure they're both strategy conquest games but that's about it. They're aren't that similar. I mean it's not a bad game but don't expect it to be a SR clone.

>Manumoto
What

5D and Mamatoto are full games. Not comparable to Dungeons & Dolls, which is just a small budget infinite grinding mini game.

Mamato a fair bit. 5D has some plot and introduces Rizna.

That type of stuff is under NDA, so I can't really guess.

I get the feeling that the percentage is unusually high because of an abnormally low lump sum though.

Rance 5D has a plot, but it's mostly wacky high jinks. Dungeons and Dolls only has 2 plot scenes in all and is almost entirely gameplay. There are unlockable sex scenes though when you get the right equipment.

Mamatoto has a fully fledged plot. It's not fantastic, but I like it enough.

the main plot element is that high schoolers were granted B powers

even if they were spacemen on the moon it would be a high school setting if you just word filter class rep to mission commander and keep all the interactions.

Had the first fight and... it's definitely less flashy than SR.

Daibanchou or BBA is a really fun game, it's got a great soundtrack and a lot to come back to, not to mention a fighting game spinoff.

As one of the few people that actually like Rouga here (I think) I'd say he's an exceptional protagonist.

He's not a generic, basic beta-anime cuck boy you see with a lot of other vn's/eroge, and is quite unique, which I think helps him out a lot. It separates Rouga from the likes of other Alicesoft mains like Takamaru in Haruka, or the Tsuma mains.

If you're expecting him to be another Rance, don't because he's fairly different, with the exception of his fairly active sex drive, considering that he's willing to bang any girl.

I think a genera/main reason why he's disliked on here the anons have stated that the game portrayed Rouga as a forced "badass" character, resulting people to think that he's a try-hard, while his older brother was the real badass the whole time.

If you like your fighting game/shonen anime main character archetypes with a tough, banchou mix you'd fully appreciate him.

He's up there with my favorite Alicesoft mains alongside Seed, Akuji, and of course, Rance.

But then it doesn't make any difference anyway

>That type of stuff is under NDA, so I can't really guess.
but maybe someone else has made available other numbers in a similar situation?

I don't even know what to put into google search. There should be a quora thread or something like that.

would you play a game with kay-chan as the protagonist?

what sort of game would it be?

It would be School Rumble in the Rance Universe.

>would you play a game with kay-chan as the protagonist?

Yes.

>what sort of game would it be?

A VN romcom in which he goes through various hijinx in order to secure the love to K-K-Kamilla.

If I'm getting this right, are the hit/eva stats like Fire Emblem?

hardcore NTR ero

hit percent is (hit - eva)%

I really liked his theme in Big Bang Beat

youtube.com/watch?v=6RzhmkzunuU

Tokimeki memorial but there's only 1 girl you can (try to) date. Medusa is your wing-man bro, but doesn't really help you. The only ending where you get a girl is where some random guy becomes the new Demon King and gives some blue haired girl as a handout.

Ok thank guys can someone give me a link to Mamatoto please?

Out of curiosity, what do you like about Seed?

no

Gee thanks!

It's on the pastebin, isn't it?