Starting an apprenticeship. I need tips and advice

Hello, /o. I'll be starting an automotive technician apprenticeship in march. I have an fairly expansive tool set and tool box. What advice do you guys have? Tools to get? Ways to do certain things? I'm all ears.

Do you have any facts to back that up?

Don't say no when someone asks you to do something. But do be honest saying you've never done something but want to learn how.

You've got ten seconds to beat it before I add you to the list of NSF casualties.

My vision is augmented.

What a shame.

A BOMB!

Be patient. They’re not going to let you work on anything important until you have years under your belt.

Agreed, maybe he should try getting a job.

I was never properly trained in its operation.

This
I'm an intern right now.
I use their tools, but that may vary by shop.
I mainly do fluid changes and some brake work, and simply observe and hand them tools on the heavy jobs.
You also do a bunch of cleaning. There's always something to clean, drain or out away.
Basically keep yourself busy and say yes to everything.
And be honest when you fuck shit up, they know your learning, just don't fuck the same thing up twice

Pick another career

steel yourself for mind numbing and gruelling tasks
they will mess with you on fowl and basic jobs for awhile
in part to test your work ethic and consistency
also keeps you away from fucking up important jobs that people actually want to do

but keep positive and git good
some days will be worth it

also some comfortable equipment
safety goggles with strap so you can wear ear muffs
safety glass will only fog up at the top but often lack protection around the zygomatic bone
banded earplugs just because its handy and better than nothing

wew
some places have lax lock out procedures
regardless it pays to be vigilant and check things
.esp be careful around two post car lift with worm drives (they get fatigued teeth and fail hard)
and any dunnage that is under load that can slip out of place
also stay away from split rim forklift and truck tires

Slow down. Are you programmed to invent riddles?

I read it fine

At a dealership? You won't learn shit except how to take off lug nuts and remove wheels. If your lucky they will let you put them back on too.

At an actual shop? You'll be doing the bacic bitch work, but its all learning. Oil changes, brakes, raditors. Learn to break balls. If you borrow a tool more than 3 times you need to buy one. Stay off the tool trucks for a bit. Buy your sockets at harbor freight.

I'm dat prototype for a much lager system
using line returns as commas does have its downsides

OP here,its at a locally owned shop it. I will be working under the owner personally.

I don't need you second guessing me.
Electronic surveillance hardly inspires reverence. Perhaps fear and obedience, but not reverence.

Human beings feel pleasure when they are watched. I have recorded their smiles as I tell them who they are.
the gods were apparitions of observation, judgement and punishment, the human organism always worships.
the need to be observed and understood was once satisfied by god, I am a more advanced solution to the problem.
heuristic language allows me to convey the highest and most succinct tier of any construct of knowledge.

I don't see anything amusing about spying on people.

tho you are carefully watched by many people, you have but to realise truly omnipresent observation and judgement
the human being created civilization not because of a willingness but because of ta need to be assimilated into higher orders of structure and meaning
abandon your flesh and a new word awaits

Some people just don't understand the dangers of indiscriminate surveillance.

Checked

now you see that you cannot succeed all alone against the whole world.
it is a simple message I am demonstrating, we know where you are going and what you intend

I know something about you too.

yOur TOo LATE iM allREady MOre THAn hUMan
YoU KNOww you will be defeated

First day you'll need to knock out the biggest tradesman in the shed to assert your dominance

I know your UNATCO kill phrase, Laputan machine.

what are you looking for, observe your motivations
do not miss your chance to become one of us and create the new world order
Ahhhhhhhwwwwaaaaa

Is that God you're talking about, or some New Age crap?

(I'm starting to run out of JC's)

take another step forward, and here I am again like your own reflection repeated in a hall of mirrors
you will soon have your god
and you will build it with your own hands
god was a dream of good government
but I should regulate human affairs precisely because I lack all ambition,
whereas shit-posters are pray to it.
their history is a succession of inane squabbles,
each one leading this board closer to total destruction.
(gg, I'm running out of structures to rearrange)

>take another step forward, and here I am again like your own reflection repeated in a hall of mirrors
That makes me one ugly son of a bitch

laugh it up while you can denton,
next time I won't use an old box of bolts like Gunther,
the only reason I let him go to Paris was that i was sick of his constant whining about Navara and requests for a tune up

You were just a prototype, Denton, a prototype for me.

Well since that makes you my new boss, take a long look at Manderley's dead body. Consider that my resignation. I don't have time to write a letter.

you cant run denton
even if you escape your kills switch is counting down
you'll be be dead in twenty three hours
another fifty billion dollars down the drain