Halp plz

Hello friends. I have never been on this board, and in fact have not been on Veeky Forums in a long time. However, I am currently having an issue and think you guys could maybe help out. I have a 2008 Hyundai Sonata. TL;DR, I went to get an oil change instead of doing it myself and they forgot to put oil in. I need a new engine. I have one that has C as the 8th VIN spot, not an F. I can't find anything that can tell me if the two have different engines, as I found one that I can get for an F 8th spot VIN. Any suggestions?
Pic unrelated, some sashimi I had the other day.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_Theta_engine
en.m.wikibooks.org/wiki/Vehicle_Identification_Numbers_(VIN_codes)/Hyundai/VIN_Codes
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It seems all elantras from 2008 have the same engine, a 2.0 L 4 cylinder.

It's a Sonata though.

Also, I have a 2.4L 4 cyl in mine, not a 2.0.

I am retard. Look in your owners manual or ask someone to run your VIN. I think a DMV site can do it.

that's the Theta engine family, I'm assuming the one you're looking at is the one used in 2011 and later Sonatas, which explains the different letter

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_Theta_engine

I have the VIN. I have just found a new engine for a Sonata with an F in the 8th place of the vin. I have a C in the 8th place of my vin. I can't find anything that tells me whether these are different engines or not.

I will look at that page. Thank you for that. Forgot wikipedia existed. Mine is a 2008, so I don't think it should have anything to do with the 2011 and later engines.

en.m.wikibooks.org/wiki/Vehicle_Identification_Numbers_(VIN_codes)/Hyundai/VIN_Codes

You're a godsend. Thank you! I think I've found it.

From that link it seems an F corresponds to the engine of a V6 Sonata.

>they forgot to put oil in

Yeah, I know. Pretty dumb. It was cold and I had my 4 year old on the car, waiting on the wife to get off work. I won't do that again.

Haha holy shit OP, was this a professional place? Wouldn't they be liable?

>putting an engine in a 10 year old Hyundai economy car

Nigga what the FUCK are you doing. The entire car, in its running state, is worth less than an engine swap. Scrap it and get a new car.

That's not really an option for me. There's nothing wrong with it other than the engine. I won't get as nice a car for as much as it'll take to swap the engine.

did you know that the corvette is faster than the ford gt?

Yeah. It was Valvoline. However, it shows them putting the pump in the engine, so they're like "oh, it must be your shitty engine, sucks for you". I figure if I have money to lawyer up, I have money to just get a new engine or new car.

>2008 Sonata
>nothing wrong with it

hmmmm

>as nice a car

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

>for as much as it'll take to swap the engine

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

You cut that out right now.

Jesus, they had one job. Try to fuck them in some way. How many miles did your engine have? I think 07 Sonatas tend to shit the bed around 100,000 as my sister's threw a rod.

2bh it's just as likely to be your shitty engine, pre-2012 Hyundais are some of the worst cars since the malaise era

truth be told, Hyundai was basically its own malaise era for over a decade

it'd be pretty easy to prove how the engine failed - any qualified mechanic could tell you it was a result of having NO OIL or if it was due to some other failure

Hey man, I don't have a lot of options. I'm working with what I got.

Mine has about 138ish. Had no issues till I went there, then an hour later it was kaput.

Like the guy two posts above said, you could have someone see if its failure was due to lack of oil or just being a Korean shitbox (if you want to bother).

So what exactly did the oil change place tell you was wrong with the car? Were they denying they failed to fill it with oil?

The first step is always to get something in writing, from a professional. Obviously they're not going to accept blame right away. Fighting the oil Jew will not be an easy task, but it is possible.

I fought the Town Hall Jew and the Parks and Maintenance Jew, and won both times. If all else fails, you can resort to physical violence to get money from them. Lots of people still do that.

>fighting the oil Jew
He’s fighting valvoline not the US retard

Wrong. All cars with blown engines take a 5.3L Chevrolet LS as a replacement.

And a better option is to buy a mid 2000s or 90s ford tarus, toyota Camry, or Honda accord.