PROBLEM

PROBLEM

So I told my dad about ETH and that I was thinking about buying it.....

And he was basically didn't understand it and thought it was some kind of scheme...

And he was like "you're not buying it until you have a job"

The problem is, he can see all of my transactions on my card, so he would know if I bought it. So essentially he barred me from buying it. Is there a way around this? Or some way to mask it on the statement so that he can't see I purchased it?

Is it your dads money or yours? Time to have a talk with daddy about why paternalism doesn't work in states or in families

He's right.

Stop thinking you can get rich off of shitcoins

Maybe you should apply for a job?

Here's what you tell him:

Dad, I went online and asked some "knowledgeable" people what they thought. They told me I was a dipshit and should listen to my dad, since he has more experience than me. But, just to satisfy my curiosity, they said you should lend me $100 to try my hand at cryptocurrency trading. If I manage to break even, they say I should be able to keep trading. But if not, then I'll owe you the $100 and will have to do all the chores around the house for 3 months.

I'm in college, I do have a job but it's minimum wage and they still pay my shit.

Stop lecturing and tell me if there's actually a way to do it

This nigger is retarded you should be buying right now

Show your cuck dad your gains and he'll be proud of his uncucked son.

This. Get a job.

Awwwww you're a little babby. Don't worry, daddy will take care of you.

Get a fucking job newfag.

I'm a student fuck off

he's right. he has been around longer than you and seen scams like this come and go.

btc is to facebook as eth is to snap.

>Have job while student in college
>Have your own money
>Your dad tells you that you can't spend that money on ethereum
>You'll probably spend it on dating or drinking if you don't

Your bigger problem is your lack of boundaries. Either it's your money or not. Either he's paying for college stuff while you're in college and letting you spend your own money on other things or not. This is probably the wrong time to go into full on "fuck you I won't do what you tell me" mode since he has you by the finances, but you're going to need to address this at some point.

>t some fucker who has had that issue before

Take out cash, buy btc using local btc, and then get mist wallet. Use mist to buy etherium by transferring btc. Money laundering 101 senpai

just go ahead and do it anyway. it's always easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission.

remember to hold you eth and not sell like the little bitch you are if the price goes down. good luck bro

lmao wittle baby hurt? so cute :')

Same here op. My parents think im contributing to my 401k but im just buying cryptocurrency. If i told them, they would freak out. Personally id freak out if i only had 15% gains per year like them. Its sad to see them be so stupid with their money.

>mfw my dad acknowledges that crypto-currency are a game changer
>my dad supports me on my investment
>can't wait until I strike it big so I can buy him a Porsche

I'm just sitting here reading this thread and wondering in what parallel universe does OP live in where an 18 year old can't walk into literally any bank and open a checking account in his own name thus shutting daddy out of his finances altogether?

Social anxiety and required money in the account, it's not too easy for op to have 200 cash, he probably has alot of it the account

>check the minimum amount you need to open up an account in your own name
>save paychecks until that point
>open said account
>money is now yours

he probably won't be too happy with this but you're growing up and need to handle your own finances in some way.
i am slightly below trust fund babby status but my parents told me to open an account for myself on my 18th birthday and not fuck that up.

tell him the fed rate hike is making cryptocurrency go bananas.

also hit him in the face if he tells you crypto is a scam.

Get your own bank account, dumbass.

You're first fuckup was maintaining linked accounts, you should have done away with that with your part time job. Next time you level up (better job or whatever) tell him you think it makes sense to separate account, because xyz reasons.

>So I told my dad ... thinking about .....
Your second mistake. Now if you do it you are insubordinate and it will piss him off.
>Hurr the stock market as a whole only ever goes up, see this chart that only goes back 150 years proves it.
>But dad what if I live to be 100? That's more than half the chart

Anyway it probably won't kill you to sit out of ETH for awhile. Or just withdraw the cash and go through one of those money gram type places like virwox (if these even exist anymore) and tell him you bought drugs.

i convinced my dad to buy 50 memecoins for around 30-35k bought between 600-700$ few different purchases
set him up with a hardware wallet and everything
we're both hodlers and have nearly 200btc combined

dude this is beyond true.

ive actually had this conversation so many times.

thank you

Find a credit union that doesn't have minimums or fees.

Open account. Deposit cash. Say you spent the cash on beer and condoms. Move the money from the credit union to coinbase.

Just google "NAME-OF-YOUR-TOWN credit union".

Maybe a world where Op doesn't pay for his own college. Imagine being a codependent child and then posting anonymously about how you hate 'boomers' and saying your own father is a cuck. It'll be funny when your parents die, Op.

get a job

Underage GTFO, pointless thread

Yes, don't be a spoiled brat and have a credit card that belongs to your father.