Annoying Nocars

What are some of the most annoying things that women, nocars, or just non gearheads think/say about cars?

My wife has never driven she constantly makes me rage.
>small cars are slow, big cars are fast
>any "sports car" look is really expensive and fast (i.e. celicas, Hyundai Tiburon, scion coupes, other FWD failures)
>all mercs, bmw are really expensive, owner must be rich

That kind of thing...

>people who know NOTHING about cars trying to tell me i'm fixing shit wrong or wasting my money

>hurr this $100k car is shit because it's 0.005 seconds slower than a million dollar supercar

>Why is it so loud?
>Why do you drive so fast
>Your car stinks like petrol (no cats)

>Chevrolet is a fancy brand because it sounds Foreign

>Your car stinks like petrol (no cats)
this one

I am don't like being judge for my interior mods either.

i ripped the center console out nromies hate it

>your check engine light is on
>are you having engine problems
>explain it's because of the gutted cat
>you're going to blow your engine like that I thought you were good with cars

>why are you revving your engine so high
>attempt to explain rotary engines
>uhh idk man that doesn't sound right

>muh grille scares me

if someone is second guessing what you're saying about cars like that then either they don't respect you or you don't actually know shit about cars and they can tell you're talking our of your ass

(you)

Essentially as follows:
>why do you rev so nigh between gears?
Because my power band is above 7000rpm
>my dad says you should rev above 2500 ever
Do you drive a diesel?
>no, a legacy wagon
That's really bad for the engine, boxers rev quite freely and going above 2500 won't damage the engine.
>ok, I'll tell my dad

Essentially his dad told him I was an idiot hoon who didn't understand effiency. Don't care though, within a year that legacy could hold idle due to the amount of carbon that built up. I told his dad this, mechanic confirmed it, he sold the car as scrap ranting about how the engine was poorly designed and faulty.

Some people

Couldn't hold idle.
Fuck phone posting.

>Roommates dumb broad of a sister called my Roadmaster Wagon a "piece of shit"
>She has a busted to fuck 05 Equinox because shes hit everything but the snack bar
Also
>Coworker benchracer gloats to me that his 04 DTS is faster than my Roadmaster
>3 weeks later same Cadillac needs transmission repairs and is never seen again

Combination of things I’ve heard from my mom, friends and coworkers:
>imports are so much better than American cars, user!
>what’s a 5.7L V8?
>but American cars get bad gas mileage! My Honda Pilot gets 18mpg, that’s so much better than American cars!
>ugh, Fords are so unreliable! You should get a BMW instead! Or a nice Hyundai!
>have you heard about the new Kia Stinger? It’s got 400hp and it looks just like a BMW!
>I’m gonna work 4 hours overtime so that I can save up for a GTR Blacked(tm) Edition!
>Hondas are suuuper sporty! I’ve won races against Camaros in my mom’s Accord!
>dude, I found an ad for a 4cyl turbodiesel BMW, it’s only 15k, I’m totally gonna get it!
>why would you want to drive a grocery getter (‘87 Merc wagon)? Get a truck!

>NEVER never NEVER use your left foot to brake!!!
>why do you keep swinging your foot around while changing gears
>the engine is going to explode if you keep hitting the "red zone"
>[car 9-10+ years of age] that car is too old, old cars are unreliable after all (like every fucking car 2007-2008 instantly crumpled the moment it turned that age
>that car's less than [sticker price when it was originally at a dealer] so there's no way it doesn't have a million things wrong with it...

i like your choice of cars

just trying to help you out m8

Thx meng

They’re not wrong about the left foot brake...

I had to all the time in my Corvair van cause lolnopowerbrakes

How does that help?

>rev-matching to downshift
why are you making the car rev like that you're going to destroy the gears

IDK man, it was a fuckhuge pedal and hard to press so I felt like if my left foot was on it i would have a slightly better reaction time even though in any collision i would likely die.

the two biggest reasons not to do this:

1) resting your foot on the brake pedal causes your brake lights to be on when you're not braking, leading people behind you to have less reaction time to you braking, because they won't know when you're actually braking

2) in a bad situation where you have to make a split second decision to get yourself out of an accident, your instincts and natural reactions take over and can often cause you to press the wrong pedal, making things worse

>that's why you drive automatic, sweetheart.

>women, no cars, or just non gearheads

Have you looked through the catalog?

Two foot braking is acceptable

chevrolet actually makes the most ugly cars

The most annoying thing I've ever heard is from my friend's dad who drives a v6 yellow mustang and he just washes it all the time.
>Don't buy old cars, they're unreliable and difficult to work on
no explanation or anything, just bullshit
I'm told by other no-cars to believe him because "he drives a muscle car, he knows what he's talking about"

heres something cagers say :^)

>lets destroy the entire economic and social fabric of our country and cause the largest mismanagement of resources in human history

this
the infrastructure has been around a lot longer than any of us I think. it goes back to the 1910s really.
at the same time everyone riding motorcycles or scooters would have the same problem.

>talking to my wife while comparing the new supra with a 370z
>she tells me, "what's wrong with paddle shifters?"
>triggered.jpg

Im thinking that the pedal was so tough that the lights would in fact not turn on at all until at least 20% braking. Cant contest the other part except that i'm more skilled than the average driver.

>old picture

Wow, you sure showed them.

But American cars are shit. Just not for the reaaons listed.

>BMW is for idiots, audi is for people with CLASS

Old cars are difficult to work on and unreliable. Have fun fucking with your carbs and drum brakes cuck

>user why don't you have a car, don't you want to go fast and be free???

fuck you nigger I can walk the work in the time it takes you to find parking. not everywhere has to or should be driven to, and it's easier to just work and live in the same general area than it is to be a commuter

american city planning is and always has been garbage. I have an interesting book of essays from various authors throughout history from the 1700s to 1914 and the common thread is "wow american cities are fucking awful, my feet hurt, these plazas are too hot, the air is bad, these people are all too loud and someone almost just hit me with a horse carriage while I was buying opium, i wish i were back in my cozy farming community/european borough"

how americans dont end up shitting themselves in slow moving traffic on these ridic 33 hour daily commutes?

>My wife has never driven she constantly makes me rage.
Why the fuck did you get hitched to her ?

SHART IN MART
WHIZ IN CART

Care to elaborate on what makes weeb cars or yuropoor cars any better?

not that guy but american cars are usually quite ugly when they deviate from normal boxy muscle styling (see: literally any chevy people-carrier) and are generally quite expensive compared to their japanese competition for the same capabalities on the tier of normal consumer cars (MUH VETTE VS GTR notwithstanding because no one owns either)

they're also known for poor reliability and poor power to weight and poor comfort. big honkin' engines that generate all of 108 horsepower fitted to cars that somehow manage to be completely huge and yet have no trunk or interior space

it's less of a thing now but only a madman would actually unironically want a classic american landbarge or modern american people-carrier for any reason other than "it's a pimpmobile"

>He cant tune a carb let alone change the shoes in a drum
Casual filter

>bro supras are soo fast, they've got an inline v6 with a huuuuge turbo

Someone said this to me the other day

>user why is your car two different colors is that on purpose?
>user why are there fuses in your center console those are meant to be by the engine right?
>user why are your headlights so dim when you honk the horn
>user where are the airbags
>user, what do you mean theres no ABS brakes
>user where do i put all these straps why dony ou have regular seatbelts
>user whys it so loud in hear
>user why can I smell gas?
>user does this thing have launch control?
>user whats that metal box in the back with the tubing?
>user why does your horn sound like a bicycle horn
>user how come your brake lights and indicators dont work?
Don't buy a 240z kiddos

yeah dude, 6 V6 engines in a line/ think of it like a 6 rotor engine. 12L 36 cylinder supra

He's right bro
I'd go for the lack respect option, from the sounds of it someone needs a slap.

havent you seen the real people ads. Shows chevy has "european design"

>"european design"
can we go back and choose a new world to live in. This ones broken.

These look almost the same on paper. Personally I haven’t been in any of these so I can’t comment on how comfy they are, and this is only a small slice out of the market, but in all other factors these seem to be about equal at their most basic.

the focus doesn't count, it's an exception that proves the rule

A patrician, I see.

>FWD is useless, RWD is de best
I mainly hear it from skyline/silvia owners

>>Your car stinks like petrol (no cats)
Might be something going on in the rear seats that you can't detect while driving. I'm thinking this is why I had people complaining about this all time with my old Volvo. I always used to drive with front windows down

>work and live in the same area
>be accountant
>have to live in an accountant's house and pay an accountant's mortgage
>shop at an accountant's organic free trade grocery store
>or
>live far away from the gentrified hellhole and save more money than I spend on gas

My shekels do not like your way of thinking.

So the PT Cruiser isn’t a special case, but the Focus is? I’ll remind you that everything Dodge, Jeep, Plymouth and Chrysler has been heavily European-influenced for decades, first German, then Italian.

you mean spilt fuel?

Had that in my old car, had to physically rip the seats out and sit them in the sun with vinegar for weeks

You're so wrong it hurts. You sound like all the idiots in my country who have never even driven anything made in the U.S but they all seem to know everything about american cars. When I was in the army(mandatory service, europoor here) one of my subordinates started to really get on my nerves about this. This guys was a great guy and all and really into cars. He had a boosted lada 2107 and was working on boosting a Bmw. Cool shit and everything. But this guy, he was so fucking assblasted about american cars like I a first gen Dodge Neon came and killed his parents and fucked his lil sister in the poop shoot. Whenever whe talked about cars, he would go on about how they're all ugly and shitty and slow etc. Like what you're doing right now my dude. One evening we were shooting the shit and once again it ended up with him ranting how everything american is shit. I just about had it with him. I said
>okay, that's what you think and you haven't even driven one. Let's go ask people who have had american cars
So that's what we did. This guy was real sure about the answers we were going to get. We went around our company and asked everybody there have they owned american cars and what they think. Fucking-every-single-one who haven't owned one said they were shit and everyone who had owned some said they were great.

>user stop reving so much, you’ll break the car!
>Not even halfway to the red area

I always have to try my best when normies say the cayman or 911 has a v6
>v6
>yeah bruh
Jfc

noncars & women
>It pollutes the environment, user.
>I can get Uber, at least they get me what I want to go in one piece
>LOOK OUT! and being a know-it-all alarmist
>Stop going 170 user when it is just a straight-line with no cars ahead
>Messing with the radio/vol control
>Eating/messing up the car, kicking or pushing the driver seat

As for non gear heads
>Eurokars are reliable, more reliable than Toyobores
>I betcha Land rovers beat land cruisers any day of the week hurr durr
>Kimchi cars are garbage
>Ford make reliable cars and their customer service should be better than the Korean/Japanese makes because it is American
>Why don't you buy a Chrysler/Mini/Cadiliac?
>Shit parking user, I can park it better

>thinks I can't do either
>even though EFI and disc brakes are far superior, from ease of maintenance and reliability

Have fun tuning your carb every time the seasons change.

>>all mercs, bmw are really expensive, owner must be rich
This annoys me. I am still fairly entry level at my firm but on an ok salary, and I bought an E63 6 series recently because they are amazingly cheap in the UK because no one wants them. It cost £7k, but pretty much everyone at work is saying I get paid too much or making comments about it in the car park. It was funny at first when I told them how much it cost, but they just see "big BMW coupe" and assume it cost a fortune and it is getting annoying now.

Bear in mind the cheapest brand new poverty spec Ford Fiesta starts at £13k, and they all drive leased Audi A3s / BMW 1 series / Ford Focus etc.

>why does your car only have 2 seats
>why did you spend so much money on a 20yo car
>for that price you could've gotten a BMW or audi

why do normies act like you went to their house, pawned all their belongings and stole their saving to buy your car

>implying that a roadmaster wagon isn't a piece of shit just because a few other people also drive pieces of shit

Anything to do with Tesla or EV.

That '94 yellow stang is nice though
And sometimes old dudes are right, they can be a bitch to fix and maintain

>Dude, your car is broken all the time
>Dude, your car is so thirsty
>Dude, just sell the piece of shit and buy a new, cheap to maintain car
It's like they don't even want to understand what a hobby is. When I try to explain them that I have this piece of shit because I enjoy it and it's a hobby >Dude, why not pick a cheaper hobby like reading or jogging

>carb
Change jets and adjust with screwdriver
>fuel injection
Buy a dyno and proprietary tuning software, then spend weeks learning how to use it. Repeat every time you change an engine component

>jogging
>a hobby

While I ain't in the position to judge anyone, exercising is not a hobby in my opinion.
They probably think "wasting money on an old BMW is not a hobby" though.

Working on cars is a hobby. Jogging is just fucking walking slightly faster.

sounds like your roomates sister know a lot more about cars than you t b h.

>180° V6

Hp wise he is right though. Especially if hers is the awd auto version. Compare that to a rwd, it's a no brainer who would win in a race.

didnt read lol stay mad

t. Arseblasted non tuna

>implying boxer = flat
Shared vs individual crankpin bruh

you're a humongous retard
t. urban planning hobby man

>carb
>run engine lean/rich because you have no way of telling what your AFRs are without expensive tools
>smell like raw gas for 2 days afterwards
>have to do this anytime there's a major change in weather
>high risk of flooding the engine/vapor lock
>difficult to start in cold weather
>can't touch EFI in terms of performance or gas mileage
>most carbs don't work with turbos

>EFI
>computer automatically adjusts, no user input needed
>worst that could happen is an injector gets clogged
>will warn the user if the engine is running lean/rich, among a myriad of other possible problems
>most stock EFI systems will take well to mild boost with a simple tune
>keeps boomers out of the modern engine building scene because they're too retarded to use tuning software

Next you'll tell me leaf springs are reasonable outside of trucks and that drum brakes aren't that bad.

>All these people who let others insult their intelligence/experience
If you have the problem of friends/acquaintances telling you that the way you’re doing things is wrong, you’re being too nice. You need to command respect, you don’t just get it. Don’t be afraid to tell somebody that their dad or cousin or whoever doesn’t know anything about cars. Hell, it’s your car anyway, so you should just say
>It’s my car, I’ll do what I like with it.
If they protest
>If you don’t like what I do with my car, you can walk.
Come on, my dudes. This normalfag shit shouldn’t be a problem. Autism puts you above the normalfags, that should reflect how you aught to be treated.

This is why I don't have friends

Why not?

>just buy a $3k civic

>I never buy new cars.
>Why wont automakers make cars that I like?

>Autism puts you above the normalfags

Autism

The worst thing about nocars is they trash talk your car ownership but then have to go somewhere the next town over and beg to borrow your car or for you to give them a ride.

Jettas are the poor mans passat. That said I would go for the focus.

>driving with mom
>downshift and rev car to get over step hill (fuck slowing down)
>4.5k rpm tops
>"user STOP IT YOU'RE GOING TO BLOW UP THE CAR"

>roll into parking spot, kill the engine and pull the handbrake
>"Stop yanking that without pressing the button you're going to break it!"

>a car with a bunch of miles is going to be unreliable

That's generally correct, yes.

a little reminder that Ford Focus is an Euro car.

The chevy malibu feels like a BMW

t. No tuna

>LOOK OUT! and being a know-it-all alarmist

It took me a while to get used to my wife slamming her hand on the door card gasping "oh my god" when we come upon an obstacle I have seen from a mile away.

I used to think I had missed something and drop the anchors for no fucking reason