$1000 dollars per contract

currently at 2385 thats 1000 dollars for every 500 dollar contract you bought.

1 contract is $500 on margin.. who here made 100 percent since my post?

don't worry i'm only pumping the s&p 500, clearly i'm a shady penny stock scam artist.

by all means, keep trading penny stocks.. futures are the ultimate penny stocks

Other urls found in this thread:

futures.io/thinkorswim/
thinkscripter.com/community/index.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I can't believe how little futures discussion there is on here, just goons pumping coins.

This. Derivatives are extremely interesting, and something I'd love to get more insights on from with people with experience on here.

Newfag here. What are futures?

Futures = Bitcoin/Ethereum

You dump all of your life savings into those futures

sexplain in the finest possible detail exactly how you begin to do this?

how much money do you need?
what software do you use?
what are the risks?
what is futures?

Every idiot here who held Eth is up 300% this month so your s&p 500 gambling isnt really impressive.

how do i get such a pretty chart?

Overall, I think I'd love to be futures trader

well you need to know what you are doing (you can lose/gain a lot of money very quickly) S&P contract pays 12.50 for each quarter of a dollar it moves in each direction. So if you would have bought at midnight 1 contract and sold right now you would be up roughly $820.75 plus whatever your broker charges per contract, per side + exchange and NFA fees

learn to accurately read markets

you can trade with like literally 5k depending on your broker(best to have like 10k that you can lose all of plus collateral)

tos, ninjatrader, tradestation, cqg, or Bloomberg Professional are some of the common options for software

leveraged buying/selling often in the six figure+ range

futures are a contract to buy or sell typically a commodity or index at a set price on a certain date

I enjoy it
>pays pretty well too if you're any good

Bump

I trade CL, ES, ZB, YM and a few others daily.

AMA. I've been doing this for 3 years

>all these fees/tax

nah, looks like I'll stick with crypto this futures trading thing seems like a bag of shit.

why are you still poor?

This and I trade futures.

Can you give a basic rundown in how it is you make money from what you do with futures. What are your input costs for each position, how long due you usually have to hold positions, and how much profit do you usually make in your given trades.

This and how you research, what do you exactly go look into

Im not
I have a daily target of 1000USD. If I hit that with my first trade or surpass it, I am done for the day. I usually take 1 morning trade on the CL (Crude oil). If that fails, I fade the opening gap on the indexes or look for some other easy trade. I rarely have a losing day and quit my job since this makes substantially more than any other job ive had

I started by reading a few books on trading as I had trouble trading stocks at first. I then read a few books on trading. I quickly fell in love with futures. I started with sotck index futures like the ES (S&P500), YM (DOW) and NQ (NASDAQ). I've since moved on to commodity futures like CL (Crude oil) and NG (Natural Gas)

Thats a pretty big target, what's your account size? How quickly do you close unsuccessful trades?

you buy and sell leveraged contracts. These contracts have a tick size(minimum price movement of the contract), Tick value(is how much you gain or lose based on tick size), and initial margin(how much margin is required to open the position). The ES for example has a tick value of $12.50 meaning for each quarter of a dollar the ES moves in you gain or lose $12.50.

Costs depend on your broker. After exchange/regulatory fees its usually like $6 round trip

Most traders hold futures contracts for a very short amount of time. Most traders are out within a couple hours

Target profit of $1200ish per day

What percentage do you shoot to gain? And at what percentage would you pull out and take a loss?

futures are for plebs

crypto is for patricians

how many times have you guys blown out an account? many moons ago a few months after I turned 18, I opened an account with mirus futures. bought an oil mini at like $140 something and sold it a minute later at 140.2 - quick $100 profit. did it again the opposite direction a few minutes later. $3200 was the peak of my account value and it slowly dwindled to $800 or so and I closed it soon after I graduated college. my job is quite boring these days and I'm thinking about getting back into it. I actually worked for Ninjatrader for a bit too, started when NT7 was still in beta.

so, uh, zero chance of getting an export of this?

Coming from forex, a centralized exchange and no spreads is so nice. I still do forex since I am more familiar with it, but plan on doing futures full time when I have enough capital saved up. Ninja trader is a pain in the ass though.

I trade short call spreads against UVXY so I can take advantage of its huge decay due to contango.
Does that count?

What books?

What the heck you told me to do that 2 RH threads ago

That wasn't me tbqh.
But it's a great trade.
Its risk defined so if the VIX blows you the fuck out you just write that week off and go at it again next week.

Sorry been busy, its simply thinkorswim. go to tdameritrade, make an account, you can download the platform for free.

theres lots of places to get layouts and settups. gotta find what works for your trading style.

futures.io/thinkorswim/
thinkscripter.com/community/index.php
everything you see is just moving averages and linear regression channel.

i use sierrachart for my trading and to get a bookmap file running which is fantastic for reading order flow. sorry user, i don't typically trade on Thursday and Friday so i haven't checked in. this thread actually took off tho.

Sorry been busy as well
Never blown out an account. I didn't do to well my first couple months but came back strong. I still have my drawdowns but they aren't significant due to proper risk management. Remember that trading isn't for everyone and is a full time commitment.

long 2376.5
stop 2370
target 80's

filename

bump

samee

thanks kind user