/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer, hardmod or magnethax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Aug 13] magnethax was released.
-In order to run it at the moment, a piece of software needs to be flashed to a DS flashcard. There are multiple ways to do this, such us an already hacked 3DS, Powersaves or the method described here github.com/d3m3vilurr/ak2i_ntrcardhax_flasher
[Aug 11] Hint at a RPG Maker Fes Player 11.5 entrypoint. You can get it for free from the eShop. twitter.com/MrNbaYoh/status/896158813610360833
-A 11.5 entrypoint for Flipnote Studio 3D has also been hinted at. You can get it for free from the My Nintendo service.

>Wii U
[Jul 24] Hint at a Crunchyroll entrypoint. twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/889303560655175684
[Jul 18] System version 5.5.2 has been released. It patches the browser entrypoint.

>Switch
[Jul 19] The BBB team released the first few ExeFS and RomFS dumps. gbatemp.net/threads/477954

>DSi
[Aug 2] ugopwn leaked. [Jul 22] CFW and SD redirection announced. twitter.com/Tankerbot/status/888977743777583104/
[Jul 15] RocketLauncher will support most retail game cards. youtube.com/watch?v=muuRpyYgGyI [Open]

>Vita
[Jul 29] Vita online activation no longer works on 3.60, if you haven't activated it Adrenaline will NOT work. gist.github.com/yifanlu/c4cc12d3f1ccaebbf1846b84a69a4bfb
[Jul 29] HENkaku Enso got released. enso.henkaku.xyz/

>PS4
[Aug 3] 4.73 released, blocks MTX Key, ban reports on shared piracy accounts. wololo.net/2017/08/03/ps4-firmware-4-73-released-blocks-mtx-key-ban-reports-shared-piracy-accounts/

Other urls found in this thread:

r4i-sdhc.com/aboute.asp
gist.github.com/yifanlu/c4cc12d3f1ccaebbf1846b84a69a4bfb
github.com/ncw/stressdisk
wololo.net/2017/08/14/mltactivator-activate-ps-vita-offline/
gbatemp.net/threads/new-browser-hack-method-for-wiiu-on-firmware-v5-5-2.480966/
pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder that DS ROM loading from SD was not worth waiting for.

This so much!

i wish this thread was more than this and 3DS Homebrew Supportâ„¢

Ever develop any homebrew?

OP should include the offline Vita activation guide.

Tell me again why Emulation runs so poorly on the Vita STILL?
Sure it's gotten better but damn, most things are still using PSP emulator cores damn it. This thing should be able to run SNES and GBA with zero issues and yet I still have a lot of problems with games that should not be there with a system this powerful.
What the fuck is up?

Nobody cares about optimizing. PSP's emulators were extraordinarily aggressively (read: hackily) optimized.

dead

>if you dont shitpost you must be a developer
you know, like, actually discuss about possibilities and what cfws are around, and stuff

Freeshop is garbage.

go for it.

Anyone got a vita dump of undertale??

Let's say I didn't care about the safety of my flashcard nor my 3DS. Is there any way to trick ntrboot to work on an unsupported flashcard?

they didn't implemented gpu acceleration yet

So the third method OP describes, do I just, run the nds files or what? And how will I dump the firmware from the flashcard so it can be restored? Because the site provides nts files but I'm unsure if those can be used.

wii u 5.5.2 is now safe OP isn't up to date

what flashcart do you have you can probably just copy everything off the sd card

The R4i-SDHC RTS 3DS from here: r4i-sdhc.com/aboute.asp

any news on 3.61+ Vita games?

Not really.
You could add the chip's ID and the card's HW ID to the source code and compile but that wouldn't do much and might error out. Shouldn't do much to your flashcard. And nothing at all to your 3DS.

>3DS has sega virtual console
>Wii u doesn't
why is this allowed?

Nope, nothing so far.

No, user. It's a hardware limitation for most carts (they lack an updatable flash). Gateway's blue cart is a good example of an unusable one (though if they'd respond to my emails offering to work with them their red cart totally could be used).

Also, as stupid as I think it is to talk about this crap here, in response to the anons asking in the last thread: I'm straight, though I don't really think that should matter at all.

I thought it was an issue with the protocol for most cards being unknown, not the flash itself being read only. I was under the assumption that most if not all DSi flashcards had rewritable flash.

mine has an update system, so i assume it does

Most (but not all) DSi carts have an updatable flash. Those ones are supportable in theory, yes, if their custom protocols are reversed.

There are a ton of carts, though, gateway blue among them, which feature no rewritable flash.

Sounds like your card could be supported eventually, then. What card is it?

This. It's the fucking 3rd general thread in a row without it.

what if my vita is below the 3.60 update

use the dns to go to 3.60

You can update directly to 3.60. Look it up.

>spoiler
the point isn't being gay as in liking dicks but being a faggot in the way you interact with the community, it's just a (((coincidence))) that in this scene usually the two things are both manifested.

>[Jul 29] Vita online activation no longer works on 3.60, if you haven't activated it Adrenaline will NOT work. gist.github.com/yifanlu/c4cc12d3f1ccaebbf1846b84a69a4bfb

sorry for my newness but is what op posted something to worry about that might brick the console

See:

no

To everyone who has ordered from NDS card and has not gotten an email back confirming it's shipped out, don't fret. I did not get one, but still got this on my shipping service

add the henkaku dns (212.47.229.76) server to your wifi network then goto update is should say update to 3.60 and have some chinese characters if it doesn't do not update

pls respond ;_;

Got an SD2Vita a few days ago and I still haven't been able to get it to work right.
Every game I tried on it froze, some after 10 min, some after a few hours of playing. When it does happen, on reboot the Vita sometimes rebuilds the database and doesn't show any homebrew apps. The orange light for the gamecard stops flashing as well. Today, the damn thing refused to boot Enso while the sd card was inside the system.
I tried a fresh reinstall using a newly formatted memory card, but it didn't help either.
I am suspecting the sd card, but I'd like a few opponions before going to the shop and tell them the card they sold me is faulty. It's a 64 GB Integral Class 10, in case it matters. And the adapter is made by srident.

>3ds has monhun support for more than 5 games
>wii u has one
because nintendo did not give two shits about the wii u, which makes me wonder why they even released it in the first place.

Nobody has any idea how the banwave exactly worked, but I'm sure it surfaced that the activity log/ home menu was randomly sent to nintendo whenever it was online, so just about all cfw users are in one way or another, fucked.

Check the SD Card on other devices first (stress test on PC for example)

If they put some thought into the marketing and probably delayed it up to 12 months to fix the software it would have been at least been on the same track as the Switch.

Will this do? (also thanks on the suggestion)
github.com/ncw/stressdisk

ffs, thought so. I might just buy a secondhand 2DS then.

wait how the fuck did that one-off joke name get back there
ugh

and games

Yeah but you still haven't answered if you're team Misty or team Lilly. You're a Pokefag so I know you have an opinion on this shit.

I recently pushed out a new update. Please let me know what you think.

>Vita
[Aug 14] MLTActivator: activate your PS Vita offline wololo.net/2017/08/14/mltactivator-activate-ps-vita-offline/

>Wii U
[Aug 15] New browser hack method for WiiU on Firmware v5.5.2 gbatemp.net/threads/new-browser-hack-method-for-wiiu-on-firmware-v5-5-2.480966/

>3DS
[Aug 16] smea is a literal faggot

So I've installed GX Loader and Nintendont on my Wii and it works wonderfully, except for one thing. When I don't use an emulated memory card the games work just as intended, but when I DO use emulated memory card, the Wii crashes/turns off as it loads the game. Anyone have any idea what might cause this? Just ask if you need more info about settings etc.

ok so i got vitashell vpk and i transfered it to the vita via ftp and when i selected it to install it warned me that it might brick my console
any advice

I homebrewed my 2ds back in like january or february or something to inject pokemans and haven't touched it since. If I turn it on and it connects to the wifi will it die?

Hmm. What's your vWii's CYI # and what version/software is your cIOS?

Good job my dude, i think the tags would be much more useful in the near future people submit more and more things.
I was gonna ask if you are uploading a new theme soon but then i read the note.Good luck with that and some anime tiddies would be appreciatted.

Please fuck off. Please. Please.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS

it would be extremely painful.

This for sure needs to be added to the next OP.

>So I've installed GX Loader
you dun fucked up mate

for you

No vWii, I'm hacking my OG Wii. IOS58 v24.32

It's annoying because I got it to work before, the only difference is putting more games on there.

I'm sure. What's the superior option?

What'd our moralpal do now

nevermind I thought you meant loadiine. I personally prefer CFG, but USB Loader GX works just as well I guess.

He is a literal faggot.

>tfw after 3 hours you finally have a 64 GB microsd as ux0
>on enso
>plus adrenaline 5.1 fully working
>and all your vita games

god damn this was harder than expected,
starting with an old henkaku version and adrenaline 4.1

How the fuck did you manage to make "Press X to install" take 3 hours?

Thanks, user. And lucky for you the picture I was inspired by has some delicious 2D tiddies.

so im confused at how to get the actual vita GAMES
is it in the op

what vita games?

uppers, bullet girls danganronpa
i know your memeing me but still

so what i am reading on the sticky i should not update my 3ds at anytime in the near future just incase

>tfw my sister updated the sysNAND
At least she is cute

Well it seems that my R4i3D 2015 is a blatant copy of an Acekard R.P.G. without a way to reflash its firmware. what the fuk

Would you kindly elaborate your statement, sir?

not him, but theres a new browser exploit that works on 5.5.2. no more waiting on the crunchyroll exploit

so i dont jave to get anime bullshit?

It's a terrible solution.

Got any source to go with that?

oh sweet summer child

Is he single?

requires time, money and initiative on sega's part, things they don't want to provide for a dead console. enjoy GBA sonic and megaten ad infinitum because it's cheaper.

Is there a way to change the name of something after it's been installed as a .cia?

Specifically, the name of NES/GBA games that have been installed as a .cia from the pastebin

what are you posting this from? if its a PC it can play undertale

install it anyways. anything that requires above-normal permissions will warn you about bricking your console.

google the game name and maidump

are you retarded

got myself a flashcart, recommend me DS games

will the RPG Maker PLayer hacker become /ourguy/? he's really close to finishing the hack by the looks of it.

pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
it's in the guide, don't make us spoonfeed you

Thanks, didn't know that was in the guide

Yet SNES emulators frameskip like nobodie business

sonic rush

I just bought a R4i gold rts to try magnethax (I'am running 11.4) Should I update to 11.5 first? I never CFW before is the probabilty of a ban still present and what exactly can you get banned from? Will you still be able to use the freestore etc when banned?

ban advice:
turn off spotpass and automatic downloads, don't use wireless more than necessary, don't play unreleased games online like a dipshit
don't know answers for your other questions, but i assume you don't need to update.

OK SO I FUCKED UP AND NOW I CANT LOAD VITASHELL OR MOLECULAR SHELL WHAT DO HOW DO I RELOAD OR REINSTALL

redpill me on the new wii u browser exploit