pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ
>Useful PvP data
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSfgmZuvPRH-V4tNCBopaHAuRjuR3AxytjlBiaoICHC6cWGYzkg1POxHyUxBoJAWAUtFHOPUVte0kWI/pubhtml?gid=0

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord (READ THE README BEFORE JOINING): discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Player list: pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

t. Lucicuck

>Trying to run a non-sorcery hexer build in DS3

just fuck my shit up

Man, Int builds are so fucking wack!
I have, like, no health or stamina and still not enough attunement. Am i just underleveled?

Literally no, it would be generous to say that there are even ten active posters who play on X-Bone. Should've bought it for either PS4 or PC.

Spreading everything out over three schools of casting, and then requiring you to wear the damage-boosting rings to be good, was a terrible idea. Trying to add things to address that in the DLC just makes things worse since your build still won't be complete until near end-game.

dark pyros are good tho

>Trying to run a non-sorcery hexer build in DS3

You mean using Lifehunt Scythe for the whole game? Souls miserable.

You're sort of underleveled and you also put more points in STR/DEX earlier than you should. Go 40 INT right away at least and then start on the road to 60 if you actually want to cast offensively.

Caster builds don't become viable until you hit SL100, at the earliest. You're still 26 points of investment into Int away from even approaching viability.

Are the quests still as complicated or has it been changed since release?

Don't forget gnaw it's good for cheesing some of the bosses

For real though resonant soul needs to be a thing again, they even put fucking caitha's chime into the game for no reason at all

first for

How do you make casting, a fundamentally different playstyle, work in a game where you've built the entire game around focusing on just one playstyle?

You make it so weak that anyone using it is forced to basically be playing the game on hard mode until they go back to just straight sword and shield.

Oh yeah I forgot Gnaw, I barely count that as a hex though because the only thing it's good for is bleed which does make going through bosses with Faith far easier over spears.

reminder that B-team doesn't exist

That's because (1) you already have the stats to use Dark spells by going a Pyro build, and (2) you already have the proper damage-boosting ring(s) equipped to increase the damage of your Black Flame and Black Serpent.

Imagine wanting to be able to cast Black Fire Orb, Great Soul Dregs and (for some retarded reason) Dead Again on a single build. You'd need not only Sage's +2 assuming that you have zero investment in Dex, but also Witch's, Bellowing Dragoncrest and First Born rings all at once, which completely locks down all of your ring slots. Not to mention equip three different catalysts at once.

b-team is fromsoft without coprofag miyazaki

Xth for best boss invasion

How badly would Artorias kick your shit in with his good arm?

Bear in mind he was still a scrub who got corrupted whilst you waltzed in the abyss just fine and defeated Manus.

Some MicroShaft Taint """""Art""""" for you guys.
W-what should I draw next...?

Consider Gael pre-abyssal and post-abyssal.

It's more than likely that the abyss just made Artorias stronger. Him having his greatshield would probably be the biggest difference, anyway.

>You will never be tricked by a Witch who wants to see fail

You will if you marry an asian woman lol

Can we stop posting this shitty tweet every fucking thread already? Nobody cares about this manchild.

The problem with Dark Miracles is that they're utter shit even with the proper equipment and build.

Atonement is non-scaling, same with Deep Protection and Vow of Silence. No sense investing just to cast those.

Dark Blade, for some retarded reason, counts as a regular Miracle and doesn't benefit from being cast with a Dark catalyst, so you literally get the most out of it by going a pure Faith build with Yorshka's.

Dead Again does shit for damage, only activates on three corpses max and doesn't work if you're an invader. It also actually consumes the corpses so your traps are only one-time use.

Gnaw and Dorhys' Gnawing are only useful for the bleed build-up, the actual damage they deal is purely incidental.

Lifehunt Scythe is only moderately useful against multiple mobs in PvE, the damage is shit and the heal is shit.

I miss Hexes man...

>put on drang set and grave warden hood
>cry

The B in B team stands for BANDAI

Miyazaki is the only greedy fuck who knows how to deal with Bandai's development shit, but otherwise he's no better than any other director in the company

Hey, though, don't be too harsh. I mean, it's not like they had any well-designed dark spells to draw from in previous games!

Plus, since there were no Dark-related bosses in either DLC whose souls could possibly have been transposed into any variety of dark spells, they didn't have any opportunity to introduce new ones.

I mean, they did their best, right?

I always thought that Mr. Miyagi just hated clerics but now I know he just hates every caster but pyromancers who he slightly tolerates

Is there something specific I'm supposed to do to Garl Vinland? I'm just baiting his attacks so I can throw a fireball at him.

...right?

If it got range, it should do next to no damage, since it can deal it from afar. How else could it possibly be balanced? - Memezaki.

>hey you
>hey you, bearer of the curse
>you're only past your first few bosses, right?
>oh what's that, you have 20 intelligence and 20 faith?
>boy, you really like magic. I have something for you...
>WHY DON'T YOU HAVE ALL THE HEXES?
>Yes
>all of them
>take them
>THEY'RE YOURS
why is Felkin such a fucking bro

>Dark Orb literally obliterating giants in two or three shots
>infusing Papa Nito's Popsicle of Chunking with Darknight Stone and then buffing it with Dark Weapon
>simultaneously having access to powerful utility spells from other schools of casting
>the only things that actually stood in your way were Darklurker, Elana and Raime, and you could still use Pyromancies against the first two

Doing a Hex build on my first DaS2 character just completely spoiled me.

What's a good weapon for someone with 12 STR and 10 DEX which has good (A or S) scaling with Chaos or Dark?

Is the Raw Infused Murky Hand Scythe still good with Dark Blade?

ENB is my god Tbh

I really liked how in DaS2 enemies eventually stopped respawning. It meant that even if you died without beating a boss or reaching a bonfire, you still made some kind of progress which compensated for the increased difficulty.

Just felt like sharing that.

put a chaos dagger in slot 2 so you can swap to hornet ring and 1HKO riposte the host when he's being a faggot

atheism has never appealed more

I think part of it is that Miyazaki never considered "dark" magic to be "real" in universe. It was always just some tacked on abyss manipulation of actual sorceries so it should not get its own class of spells or damage for casting. Just like how pyro doesn't scale with your stats in DS1, despite that being a completely fucking broken way to balance the game.

longsword

just got the ds3 season pass

havent played the main game in months how do i get to the dlc areas, which one should i go first to? im level 83 at ng+ i think

The only areas where it's tolerable to do that are Iron Keep and Iron Passage.

Please tell me why it's a terrible idea to use pic related with Farron Flashsword on a Faith build both in PvE and PvP.

>>ds3 has ______
Muscle girls and the best hairstyles.

Do what you want minmaxing in dark souls is retarded

It's not

>NG+
Better off making a new character and going in at NG. You'll thank us later.

Entry to the first DLC is at Cathedral, you can't miss it. Don't actually start exploring it until you're at least SL50 though, and don't go into the second DLC (which is also impossible to miss) until after you beat Homoprinces.

i think im still at NG because i started at the cathedral where if you go outside i had a lot of pvp fights

I'm by no means a good player but I still never despawned anything, besides grinding before I knew about CoC.

No offence but you have to be pretty shit for it to impact your game.

it might be a good way to pressure your opponent to come closer for a sunlight spear.
I wouldn't use sorcery boost rings on it

>Roll a spellcaster for the first time in DaS3

>Get invaded
>It's twinkers
>Try to invade
>Gank squads involving at least 2 twinkers

>They can do these builds do the spammable rollfest this game is
>Host heals constantly and insanely fast, lmao nice estus mechanic

>This is without judging how godawful it is to roll spellcaster, due to only getting online way too late in the game and the terrible weapons you have access to

Okay, I'm done. DaS3 is officially the worst in the series, it's impossible to enjoy this dumped down game if you're not rolling shitty Straightsword or some meta garbage shit.

I don't mind it because of how many areas were completely optional and that you can always respawn them with an ascetic. If they made the game as linear as DS3 it would be extremely frustrating.

I know a lot of people hated it because it felt like lazy design. In DS1 levels were designed around a fixed amount of estus and enemies (in DeS it was a fixed number of enemies and health/MP drops), and it forced players to learn

But despawning mechanic makes a lot of sense if you think about more than the individual level, but to the overall game design. It allowed them to make levels more based on mechanics or classes than just estus amounts, let them crank out more content since they weren't limited by restricted bonfire placement, and it punished you for farming for souls and item drops, requiring that you explore the game more. It made hard areas -possible- through bruteforcing, opening up more of the game to first time players, it provided incentive for using CoC and Ascetics even if you didn't enjoy the higher challenge/rewards. All of that made DS2 the most exporable, large, player-choice-first game and it's way less linear and funnelled than DS1 and DS3 were.

ok, bye

t. Miyazaki

make a new character, first DLC is accessible at cathedral of the deep but you shouldn't go there until you beat lothric castle

second DLC is accessible after beating either the first DLC or at the end of the game.

Has ENB beaten Friede yet?

I swear this reads like an /acg/ post from 2006

it was right then it was right now, all miyazaki knows how to do is to make things prettier, faster and more unbalanced

The worst part, invade with 50-60 int and hit a guy with a spell? Not the best damage.

Some faggot using dual-class swords? Can stagger-lock you a lot and deal a fuckton damage with 30 dex.

I dunno, I'd never blame anyone for de-spawning Iron Keep just to have a straight shot to Smelter. Same with the upper path in Iron Passage just because of how fucking cancer it is.

That, and people like his way of telling "lore" for some reason.

It works for single games like Demon's and Bloodborne, but once you force him to make sequels it all goes to shit. And just like the Butcher he re-uses plot points like a motherfucker.

this is exactly why DaS3 is shit compared to the other games in the series. any build except melee is worthless until you are 90% of the way through NG, which is basically the same as having no builds. only reason i'm playing through DaS3 again is because i havent tried the DLCs.

That's because you're meant to strap on the damage-boosting rings, Sc**lar's Candlestick and Crown of Dusk, and try to kill the other guy in a single shot with CSS. It's a shitty way to balance.

Why doesn't anything else come close to the pleasure of a STR+DEX build?

agreed, i always thought this was a good mechanic, since it mostly didn't matter anyway, and if you were stuck on the same boss for an embarrassing amount of tries it made the run to said boss potentially a lot less annoying.

But pyro is more fun than boring quality r1 builds

>That, and people like his way of telling "lore" for some reason.

That's not miyazaki, that predates him with Armored Core. Go play Armored Core 3 and the lore is told pretty much the same way. Telling story through NPC exposition and item descriptions was done because From didn't have the resources to do lots of cutscenes, and they wanted players to not be forced into a moral choice/idealogy, so that they could come up with their own character motivation.

Stuck on the DS3 character creation screen with no ideas.

Who should I model my knight after? Leaning towards Lorian at the moment.

Why is SOTFS still $40?

i know i've missed some sales but really? how about to make your shit game cheaper so i can play it as an absolute last resort out of boredom, like every other game

i wish ds3 had life gems
I like life gems

I'm not talking about getting lore through item descriptions, I meant more along the lines of Miyazaki leaving half of everything blank on purpose and then getting the players to fanwank something.

>even more infinite healing
no, go play DeS or something

give every umbral ashes to the old hag?

Are you mad?
the estus already insta heals you

you've chosen the worst game to be a pure caster.
don't invade with more than 2 ashen estus and pick up a side weapon or a hybrid catalyst

Steam sales are literally a thing.

If implemented in a limited-storage way like Blood Vials in BB, I could see them working alongside Estus Flasks. But not when you could stack 99 of every single type at once, and just power through the game while ignoring resource management.

They were central to the way DaS2 worked.
They are not necessary in 3.

I think that was largely unintentional, but yeah. That's not something that existed before Miyazaki, before him it was more explicit about implications.

AC3 is a good example where its implied through a lot of in-game mail and item descriptions that something bigger is going on but you only hear about it through 2 different, biased, sources. So instead of the player having to fankwank an explanation that isn't given at all, the player has to choose between two or three different explanations that all make sense, but might not be the real one.

Anyone mind lending a hand with Lost Sinner+1? Can't deal with both her and the pyros because this build is a dumpster fire.

>resource management

you end up with like 10 estus in no time, by the time you are in the catacombs there is no resource management unless you suck ass at the game.

the thing is, i dont want inta healing
I want really long and slow healing (but better than regen rings and miracles)

True. Life Gems only really worked due to DaS2's individual pace

missed the namebrah stearm today, worth watching the vod?

Sure. Lemme fire up my Vibrating Fleshlight.

they keep it at $40 so that people buy it whenever there is a sale. Fewer people would buy it if it sat at $25 and only went on sale to $20, because each "50% off" sale gives it more visibility and makes people jump on the "good deal"

That's why steam has a lot of 10 year old games that are still $15+ but go on sale for $2 during the steam sales. They're games where everyone who knows about them has already decided whether or not it's worth buying them, so the only reason to keep selling them is to put them on sale and get press coverage so that people who hadn't heard of the game or weren't in a position buy it before, are aware of it now.

Only plebians play these games on consoles.

where exactly is the first dlc

the games were quite literally designed for consoles, you gain absolutely nothing because your keyboard and mouse are useless. you some kinda fag?

it's literally an NPC that shouts big loud dialogue every time you walk into the first bonfire in cathedral of the deep, the same bonfire you have to walk past 4 more times to unlock the whole cathedral. You can't miss it, they made it VERY obvious.

>keyboard and mouse
>implying
Enjoy loading screens.

Hmm, that turned out better than expected.
Overall not too shabby spells, need to test Flashswordbait into Lightning Storm, but Homing in combination with Lightning Arrow looks extremely cancerous.

Any third weapon I could potentially use with this setup? I still have 9 points to spare for str/dex, else they're going into vit.

got it, actually am on my first game so here goes nothing

>mfw all that equipment i have no recollection of getting or any sort of idea how to play the game anymore

PC for souls only makes sense if you play other PC games, so you've already dumped $500-1000 into a rig that will run DS3 at an acceptable framerate. It is stupid to buy / build a PC just to play souls on PC.

PS4 is for people who don't play enough games (or are interested in playin only a few games released on that console anyway) to warrant dumping all that money on a PC gaming rig, and would rather spend $250-300 on a PS4.

XB1 is for people who would worry about their dick size if they bought something other than an Xbox, because they loved halo 10 years ago

Why even bother with Murky Handscythe if you're not using DMB?

Can you get banned for save editing DaS1 on PS3 or was it never fixed?

I cant decide on a PvP build. Anyone got any ideas? Want something unique but viable.

Is frayed blade fun?

It counts as a shotel so it fucks up turtles.

It has quickstep so it memes on compensating Ultra-users You actually need this on PS4 because of the shit net-code

Frayed Blade is the funnest katana in the series. It has the basic Katana moveset but it's as long as the Chaos Blade and the unique Hold stance is great. WAR1 is a terrific punish for people running into you or rolling backwards, and WAR2 is great for bleed chip through shields. You can also combo an R1 from the Frayed Blade directly into WAR2 or WAR1 into WAR2 at close range.

Yeah, just for the fact that DS3 broke completely for him toward the end of the stream.

How was ENB's stream? Did he go back to TRC?

>funnest katana in the series
that's not powerstanced manslayers

Gonna try it, should I put points into luck or not bother? I've never leveled luck before, it just increases bleed build up right?

>use summon sign next to Sinner's Rise bonfire
>insists on fighting every fucking enemy on the way to the boss
>they die
>summon them again now that most of the enemies are dead
>they pick a fight with the Flexile Sentry AGAIN
I suppose they probably wouldn't have helped much with Sinner anyways, but what is wrong with these people?