Why do people look over Toyota's trucks when they're in the market for a pickup...

Why do people look over Toyota's trucks when they're in the market for a pickup? It's more reliable than the big 3's heap of shit trucks, i'm of course talking about Ford, Chevy and Ram, and to add has better resale value than the big 3.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=y2QSogJj3ec
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Why do people look over Toyota's trucks when they're in the market for a pickup?
Except Toyota is the best selling pickup in the world.

They dominate the midsize pickups in sales in America with the Tacoma. Good thing too, because it's competitor the Colorado is a big steaming pile of horse shit.

There's a video of a Colorado's airbag deploying while it was going only 10 miles per hour up a shallow hill.

Toyota's built for the USA are just as bad as anything else in the US.

The reason why the Tacoma and Tundra aren't sold anywhere else is because no one except Americans will buy them.

The (newer) hilux fails the moose test in a spectacular way. People would rather not buy such a deathbox. Other truccs seem to get a way better result.

Don't bother me user I'm just going to put this in here
m.youtube.com/watch?v=y2QSogJj3ec

>Toyota's built for the USA are just as bad as anything else in the US.

[citation needed]

rekt

Because an f150 with the 5.0 is better.

YUST

>taking literally more than a decade to fix this piece of shit
Top fucking kek that only proves toyota's laziness

Have older Hilux and it says right in the owners manual, drive it through the corners like regular car and you'll tip over and die.

For not tipping in corners you need low ground clearance, thick sway bars, low profile tires which then cripples offroad capabilities not that anyone in US need that anymore tho.

It's built by beaners in Texas

>cost 40k
>used with 50k mi
Yeah no

my 18 yr old beaner made Toyota truck is still going strong with only routine maintenance. rekt yourself Bubba

You'll be the one rekking when your frame snaps in half down the freeway, juan

What are those frames made of, superior american coal forged steel or imported weak japanese tin?

Because they are not real trucks.
You don't work with a toyota truck, you just buy it for look.

Turns out long travel offroad oriented suspension isn't suited to road going race car antics.
If swerving through chicanes at speed is your idea of what makes a good pickemup truck, you'd probably be more at home in an SS Commodore ute.

>my perception is fact

In Hungary the utility providers use Rangers, while the miltary police has Hiluxes.

Most work trucks are F150s or any Cummins Ram. GMC is for spics and Tundras are for old dudes with pensions and young dudes with credit card debt.

well i know the frame on my 29 year-old ranger is made out of american steel so i dont really worry about that
>military police
>doing actual work
kek

This kind of shitty tests is what killed offroad capabilities of american trucks.

It's a truck, it sits high of the ground so it can go over shit. It has no swaybars so suspension can flex over uneven terrain.

> at full load

It was also fully loaded, just drive slower.

Because the Tundra and Tacoma are not as heavily discounted as the American 3. Also the Jap crap mentality of red necks.

/thread

toyota tundras are way too expensive. i dont care about resale, i drive them till the wheels fall off and get another.

The cutest girl I know has a Tacoma that belongs to her father which she sometimes drives. This makes it the objectively best truck.

>my perception is fact

Agreed. Don't see what's wrong with "driving to the conditions".
100% this.

>Jap crap mentality of red necks.
The funny thing is that nip trucks built in America are more American than burger trucks built in Mexico...

The top trim tundras are less expensive than the top trim f150s

"The Toyota Tundra also was the only full-size pickup to make Consumer Reports most reliable new car and most reliable used cars lists" "Best Cars, Top Values".

- Consumer Reports (June 2014)

They just don't get it. The Tundra was always built in the United States.

Or buy a Tundra and drive it till your teeth fall off

When it came out in 2007 it had a higher tow rating than anyone else for a "1/2 ton".
Some car magazine took all four pickups and loaded them to their max towing capacity. Again, the Tundra's was the highest. They then did a 0-60-0 test. The Tundra did 0-60-0, with more weight, before any of the other 3 even made it to 60.
The Tundra's 5.7 still makes more power 10 years into its cycle than the new Silverado 2500hd with the 6.0

They look smallish and feel small. I also don't care for their looks.

Back up your claims by providing evidence.

>no one except Americans will buy them.
So I guess we'll just leave out Canadians and Mexicans and many others across the globe where the Tundra or Tacoma is available.

Better in what regards? Better at high mataince cost? Better at being a problematic junk heap once it leaves the dealers lot? What makes it better other than the fact that it gives you okay MPG?

>What is "good resale value"

If they were sold in Australia we'd buy heaps of them. Most people I know here wish we could get full size American pickups

Ferds, GMs and Rams are now minivans with a bed in the back. You have to buy commercial grade to get any actual utility out of an American pickup

Yes, but I also never grew up with a picture of a piece of shit (domestic trucks) on my wall neither.

I'd thought you 'straylians did have them. Saw one over there while I was on vacation.

Guess it was an import idk...

Big 2*

Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep are so fucking shite it's unbelievable

Stay away from my sister
>cutest girl I know
nvm can't be her

Right, and so is GM and Ford.

Agreed

All grey imports. Ram is in the process of (if they haven't already) of setting up a dealer network though. Thing is fullsize pickups are mostly irrelevant here, and aren't much more than a luxury item. In terms of workhorses there's the plethora of midsize pickups and then cab-over style traytop trucks for anything bigger.
Alot of retired or semi retired folk buy them for pulling large caravans around Aus though, which they're excellent for.

Syria isn't the world

Correct, nor is it the only place Toyota pickups are sold in large quantities.

Toyota trucks are the Middle East's favorite car brand, too.

Toyota doesn't even know how their trucks ended up there as well.

Toyota has more car parts sourced in America than any other car brand.

Also, Toyota cars have much better resell value than other brands.

>
>Better in what regards? Better at high mataince cost? Better at being a problematic junk heap once it leaves the dealers lot?
Uh, the 5.0 is bulletproof. And I have an Ecoboost
>What is "good resale value"
Irrelevant if the sale cost is 2x for a Toyota.

>the 5.0 is bulletproof
The 5.7 3UR even more so.
>Irrelevant if the sale cost is 2x for a Toyota
Ignoring your heavily exaggerated figure, it is exactly relevant.

>sold

you sure?

>to add has better resale value than the big 3.
Not the Tundra. The Tundra doesn't beat the Silverado on resale, and both the Silverado and the F series and the Silverado have lower ownership costs than the Tundra.

>Uh, the 5.0 is bulletproof. And I have an Ecoboost

And so is the 5.7L V8 in the Tundra, what's your point? That doesn't explain how the Ferd is better than Yota.

>Irrelevant if the sale cost is 2x for a Toyota.
That actually a good price if you wanted to resell a Toyota vehicle. So in a way, it's very relevant. Try making up those numbers in a high end Ford F-150 that isn't a Raptor.

Er, yeah?

You claimed the 5.0 was bad because it was high maintenance. It's just as bulletproof if not more than the 5.guzzle
I have no plans to sell my TT so yeah, resale is irrelevant

I bought my well maintained 3 year old F150 fully loaded in 4x4 for 22k. 3 year old Tundras in 4x2 cost 15k more

Fuck that

Right.. but you never explained how it's was remotely better than the Tundra.

>I have no plans to sell my TT so yeah, resale is irrelevant
Just because resale is irrelevant to you doesn't mean irrelevant for everyone else who want to get more money out of reselling their truck.

The 5.7 feel gutless like a GM 4.8 and drinks fuel like a vortec 8.1. Base Tacoma money gets you a mid range 350hp fullsize truck. Yet fucking idiots gobble Tacoma's up. My insurance broker is always adding people's brand new $50k Tacomas. ehhh.

I drive a nissan frontier (New D22) a Kia k2700 and a Dodge ram for work.

The ram is undoubtedly the best in terms of ergonomics for passenger comfort but it is shite for anything other than carting equipment or acting as a traction vehicle. Even with the baby engine (4.7) it is faster than even the current twin turbo D23 frontier. We have already bent the leaf springs on it even though we have been conservative with load. Since it is so heavy it sinks into the fucking ground whenever you go off road if you aren't careful

The frontier is undoubtedly the better offroader and has a higher payload than the half ton ram but the bed in the 4 door is so babby and all behind the rear wheel it isn't good for any actual hauling even though I have dropped 1.5 tons in the back several times and she is still in better shape than the ram. It can go further than the ram offroad even though it has shorter tires due to the weight savings.

The K2700 is a fucking work truck. It's comfort comes from being able to see everything and drop the sides. It is smaller than the ram a hair bigger than the frontier, but it's lenght is 80% bedspace and 20% cab. It can't handle mountain roads without load because there is no fucking weight over the back when empty. We always keep a 200lbs slab of concrete behind the rear wheels just to give it traction for all the goat roads we encounter

If you want to work you want a cab over.

If you want to get places but carry 2,200 lbs of horse shit you want a Jap pickup.

If you want a comfy trailer puller you go for an American full-size.

>The 5.7 feel gutless like a GM 4.8

I mean. It's faster than the Chrysler 5.7 even when the tundra is heavier.

>Thirstier than an 8.1 vortec

You mean it drinks an average of 11mpg unloaded?

> It's faster than the Chrysler 5.7
Lol that's not saying much.

>You mean it drinks an average of 11mpg unloaded?
On a fucking good day. It does that just cruising down the highway with almost no throttle. Just breathe on the gas pedal and it gets way worse. Just going up a logging road with a few guys in it and it was averaging 5mpg. That thing better be reliable as fuck.

this is a meme born out of the fact that Toyota was giving 15 year warranties on their frames.

murican trucks rust just as bad, you don't associated it with rust because Ferd and Doge don't give a fuck about quality. They know Bubba will just lease another truck in 2 years

Here is my average in a 4.7 ram going on trail being used as a site wheel barrow and with some road mileage.

I filled up the 24 gallon tank every 6 days during this job. Now she is mostly on the road (twisty mountain road) and I fill her up every two weeks as she averages now 13 mpg.

Amazing the difference the conditions make.

Well. We have a ton of SFA hiluxes here that get worked in sea blast environments that have never had a single frame weld.

Fucking hell. Is that engine overstressed or something?

Sea salt is nowhere near as bad as the road salts they use and the temperature swings the rust belt gets. This is what a 20 year old Toyota looks like here.

ive seen tacoms on countless construction sites as well as landscaping. also used by alot of outdoorsmen

>Fucking hell. Is that engine overstressed or something?

>Site wheelbarrow

It does a lot of slow offroad type movements requiring 4wd to stop 10 feet later to load something to drive thirty seconds to drop it off and throw something else on to crawl through the brush for 2 mins and then get stuck and 10 mins to get it out and so on and so forth.

I used to get a couple more mpg when I used to kill the engine frequently but after a couple batteries (a months wages here) it made more sense to just idle her for a 15 mins at least on every startup

My 18 yr old Tundra only has light surface rust. And that is living in Ontario.

>wash the undercarriage when temp go near/above 0
>undercoat every other year

its not rocket appliances

>The 5.7 feel gutless like a GM 4.8
The 5.7 makes 100 lb-ft of torque and 100 hp more and has way more low end power. The 4.8, you stand on the gas and it doesn't do anything until you get to 4000 rpm. The Toyota 5.7 has more torque at every rpm than GM's 6.0 even, so what the fuck are you talking about?
>drinks more fuel
My 4x4 Tundra crew cab gets 14.3 mpg.
My 4x4 GMC Sierra with the 6.0 gets 13.5 mpg.

You get what you pay for. Do you think people just pay 15k more because they hate money?

>tfw friend is ONLY looking at Toyotas
>Telling the faggot if he doesn't get a V8 and a 4x4 he's an idiot
I swear, he's going to end up getting a V6 RWD.

Even just idling it shouldn't be that bad. Though with all that idling those cylinders are probably glazed like a donut.

You guys have it easy in Ontario. It's way worse in Alberta in the cities.

ymmv but the Tundra's I've driven and been in are just not powerful enough to justify the piss poor mpg's imo. I don't care if it's better on paper.

You pay way the shit more up front so you can sell it for slightly more than a domestic truck? Take care of a GM truck and it will be just as reliable. Where's that money going?

lol who the fuck put a poster of a chevy shitbox on their wall

The 5.7L Tundra is a goddamn beast. It's shit on gas, but it's faster than an Ecotoot Mustang lol.

post a better looking modern truck, I'll wait

tough luck, pal

No such thing as a good looking truck. They're inherently ugly boxes.

The nicest thing about the NSX is the designer's perfectly sculpted ass.

>truck

Nice accord faggot.

Comfiest "truck" I've ever driven.

More like Odyssey. Get it right dumbfuck.

nice ute

nu-make soyboy cuckold detected

More like pilot. Get it right dumbfuck.

Keep talkin shit son. Just remember I've got a trunk big enough to fit your body.

Insecure brainlet detected.

The Odyssey is built on a modified Accord platform dumbfuck.

I wouldn't fit in that because I'm not a manlet like you.

>being a manlet twink

you can't hide a REAL man in there

>Odyssey and Pilot share same platform as Ridgeline

I am extremely confident about myself and I consider myself slightly above average intelligence

nice faggy hon-, er I mean """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""performance""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" car.

You'd be surprised what I can fit into tight spaces.

Depends, V6 is more than adequate for a Midsize.
>my perception holds more weight than reality
cryingfangirls.jpg

It's not "more than adequate", it's really adequate and nothing more.

And it ought to be a proper V6, like the 4.0L the Tacomas used to have. That new gutless piece of shit they use is pathetic and plagued with problems.

>oh but goyim look at the MPG's!

If you even begin to possibly think about potentially considering GAS MILEAGE when buying a truck, you should be culled.

You can fit my dick in your ass you fucking faggot

Quit frontin before i tear up that boipucci

>my opinion is fact
Fuck, you inbreds are insufferable.