Utes

Why do people buy pigfat trucks with 2.5 liter diesels when you can get pic related with a 6.2L V8. Yes you can tow 2.5 ton with these.

Where's the ground clearance?

This is the third Commodore thread on the front page, and we've become exceedingly efficient at making them.

Also only towing 2.5 tons with a 6.2L engine is a fucking waste. Petrols are curbstomped by diesels in utility vehicles.

You can tow a lot more with stiffer springs. Thats just the legal towing capacity

Diesels in Australia are shit, we only get the measly low displacement ones unless you wanna spend 70k on a landcruiser that hasn't been updated in decades. At least Americans can get those big 6 litre diesels in their trucks.

daily reminder amerimutts have fun-sized tow limits on their cars so they must buy MUH TRUKK if they want to tow anything. just check us and eu tow rating for some car which is sold in both markets.
picrelated, this image confuses the amerimutt

fug

I've had to tow a heavy trailer with my aunts Honda CR-V and that was a miserable experience

I want a fucking ute so bad. They're stupid money in the UK though.

Why can't we have nice things? Oh right, we implemented CAFE to please hippies.

You mean you could theoretically tow more but on public roads you can't.

Eurotowing master race.

>Implement CAFE to please hippies by making cars smaller and unable to tow shit
>Everyone starts buying work trucks instead of cars using even more fuel
It's almost as if when the government interfere with a problem they make it worse.

>Yes you can tow 2.5 ton with these
Do you just believe everything you make up?
So, not only does it have less than half the towing capacity of the typical midsize pickups, it also has half the payload, half the drive wheels and twice as worse fuel economy.

>implying CAFE wasn't purposely implemented to boost Detroit truckbarge sales because it's the only segment they still reliably dominate
Just look at the silly fucking difference in CAFE demands towards passenger cars and truck type vehicles, it's a complete scheme.

>you can tow more than it's registered and insured for
>you're just not covered and liable for any damages if you crash or get pulled over in your work vehicle
Makes sense.
Diesels in Aus are excellent, you've just gotta pick the right one. Stuff like the 4JJ1, 4M41 and 1GD-FTV are all commercially derived work horses adapted for LV use. American gull size diesels are nice, but excessive. Having the peak power output of a semi tractor in an HD pickup is a luxury, not a necessity.

You can exceed legal tow weights in Straya as long as you're not completely wrecking the thing? What kinda fucking logic is that?

> no sickass utes in the US.

why won't ferd and chebby sell their cool cars here? Why won't americans buy them?

>You can exceed legal tow weights in Straya as long as you're not completely wrecking the thing?
In the same way you can traffic commercial quantities of cocaine in the US if you don't get caught.

We don't deserve them

Why would you buy a car with the roof cut off for utility if you can get a basic pickup truck for the same price? I can understand a station wagon with a utility trailer for occasional use, but utes do seem like lifestyle vehicles foremost.

So it's not permitted. We were talking about legal tow limits, you clown. You can tow illegal weights anywhere as long as you don't get caught.

No traction. It couldn't pull my boat out of the water.

I've pulled a boat out of water with my ute, the weight of the boat pushes down on your rear end and increases your traction by quite a lot

Good fucking luck emergency stopping that shit. I towed a U-Haul trailer with a C-Class and it was the worst fucking experience of my life.

>trailer brakes mandated above 750 kg trailer weight

Maybe some little aluminum fishing boat. My boat weights about 2.5 tons on the trailer. There is no way that a sub 2 ton 2wd car with 275mm back tires and a 50 mph first gear is pulling that thing up a wet boat ramp. I love Utes, and I love Australian cars (just bought an SS 6 months ago), but when it comes to doing truck stuff, I'm going to use the big ass American truck that's built specifically to do truck stuff.

>you can traffic commercial quantities of cocaine anywhere as long as you don't get caught
Yep, everyone else is the clown for not using inadequate vehicles.

>muh big ass boat
>look at me

Sorry, I have friends. If you fish with too many people on a little boat your lines get tangled up. I have a couple small boats too if that's cooler for some reason.

>muh many boats
>muh friends
>look at me

you can get them for less than half the cost of the ute, they are good for work but miserable for regular driving compared to a normal car. I think people like them because you get a lot of metal for the amount of money.

T. Brainlet

Lefthandutes.com

Holy fuck I've typed that out so many times