Shitty Transmission on my Honda Fit

I've basically been having trouble with my auto transmission on my 2006 Honda Fit. It judders and vibrates when going into first gear then it's all good after that. Mechanic thinks it'll be $1300 to fix. What do? Get another car? This one has had quite a few problems now

Learn your from your mistake and get a 2nd hand car warranty

What year is your Fit?

shit that's what I get for skimming
If the auto gearbox is actually broken (and not the mechanic trying to pull a fast one over you) it's probably time to start searching for another car

I have a 2015 Fit but its a manual, I wish I could help bro. They're nice cars but damn that's early for a transmission problem like that. How many miles are on it?

101,000 kms so that's about 62,000 miles

holy fuck that's bad. I'm sorry bro. I just got a Fit at 40k miles, hopefully I don't have any issues like that.

That is extremely strange. An auto gearbox shouldn't go bad that quickly. Was it ever in an accident? Did the previous owner do anyhting to it?

Don't think so. This juddering has just appeared recently. Before then it just lurched through the gears sometimes. It doesn't judder if I'm easy on the throttle when I drive off though

This. The previous owners were probably not fully stopping before going from R to D, not using the parking brake (tremendous stress on the transmission if you don't), or some other retarded shit.

Sorry op. Hondas auto transmissions aren't anything special in terms of the amount of power they can take, but they are reliable post 2000. The previous owner fucked with it too much.

try a transmission fluid change. Only 50% of it tho. It might help. Don't do 100% of it tho

Do you reckon it'll be alright for the next few days. I'm supposed to be driving up to another city (about 90 miles away). The juddering has only appeared in the last day or so

>buying an automatic econobox
Kys faggot.

Transmission mounts? Motor mounts?

Your car might be Fit for a replacement

It should be fine for that if it just started. Besides, if it's mostly Highway driving, you'll be in 4th or 5th gear 80% of the time. Since it's only 1st gear, you should be good.

Definitely go around to different mechanics or even the best rated Honda dealership and see what they say. I'd just go to the dealership, they'll know what's up without wasting too much time.

Thanks user. I'll get it checked out at my garage once I'm back. I've been with them for like 10 years and they don't mess me around

Does it shake at an idle in first and then have trouble shifting or is it actually having trouble? I only ask because my fiancé’s 06 civic had the engine mounts go bad and I’ve heard it’s common. They’re easy to replace with a jack, bottle jack, and you’re basic impact and sockets.

it does shake a bit but it only has trouble getting into first gear. It's alright after that

Hers would do a similar thing, shake on cold starts in park, drop hard into first and the shake a bit in first at a stop. If you’re mechanics is sure it’s the transmission then he’s probably right. I’d say pop the hood and look though. Her passenger side engine mount was separated entirely and you could see it shake but it didn’t come apart until I took the weight off it and pulled it to replace.

Forgot to add it did fine other than what I described and would stop vibrating after it warmed up. At least until it got beat down a little more.

is that dangerous?

As a generality I don’t know. She ran hers to Colorado from Virginia and back fine. That particular mount was like a cone sunk into a funnel when it separated so the weigh kept it together vertically and it couldn’t move laterally. The car has 240,000 miles now and is fine. Really couldn’t tell you if it did any actual damage.

>stop vibrating after it warmed up
this is a common symptom for motor mounts

Sorry this was me amending my post, not OP

Honda automatics have long been troublesome, trade it in and get a manual transmission Fit.

>honda fit
>automatic
that's your main mistake
why would you ever get an automatic honda when their manuals are so fucking good

Change the fluid and add this

The only use for Lucas oil products is for the people dumb enough to buy them to die from drinking too much of them.

lol tell that to the AXOD I had in highschool.
Clunk clunk 1st, slip slip slip 2nd
Lucas made it feel new for the next 30k

Cheap & poor quality gas + cold as balls weather, is my theory.