Same basic engine design for the last 2 decades

>same basic engine design for the last 2 decades
>every small increase in power met with an equal gain in weight
Has any car made less progression than the WRX? I swear if you put modern tires on a GC8F, it could keep up with a brand new STI.

They are too scared to change just like nissan with no r35 replacement.

this thread will be ignored cause all the 16 year olds that use this board don't want their baby they cant even buy have possible productive talk about a it and discuss its flaws and pros

lol Veeky Forums is anti-subaru as fuck idk what you're talking about

found OP

this. i'd never infect myself with an sti.

That’s why it is no longer on sale in the U.K.
The competition moved on and the WRX STI didn’t.

if they offered any other engine options or god forbid a competitive interior then they may have actually retained some relevance

i think they're very scared of changing the formula of the sti.
last thing they'd wanna do is change it in anyway that might make the subiboys freak out and not buy them anymore

Nope-the EJ257 could no longer meet emission standards in that region. It's still clearly competitve elsewhere; otherwise, why would they offer forged pistons for the same engine in the US-spec Type RA?

They don't need to improve it because WRXs sell like hotcakes anywhere it snows. Muh AWD performance in the snow etc

It's possible the RS and the Type R might have given Subaru the motivation to truly advance the platform. At the very least it should be getting the FA24 turbo.

Sales in the U.K. had dropped off the cliff edge. The STI when compared to the competition just doesn’t make sense. Poorer fuel economy, same power for 10 years, questionable reliability and higher tax bracket.

Yes emissions are a factor but it was complacency that killed it.

>godhatch
>fwd

any awd performance hatch is better than that pos.

no

Nice meme best AWD on the market.

Can someone explain to me how the 2018 wrx has a 0-60 time of 5.5 seconds and a 1/4 mile of 14.2 while the 2015 wrx has a 0-60 of 4.8 seconds and a 1/4 mile of 13.6? They weigh the same and they are both manual and both tested by car and driver... If this is true then the 2015 should be more expensive then the 2018 they just released

0-60 and 1/4 varies heavily based on tester and how perfectly they can launch it. Also, one might be geared differently, and require another shift at say, 59mph instead of 61mph.

Well technically the WRX has the new 2.0l Turbo which is a nice progression over the ej257 in the STi which is in fact a knuckle dragging Neanderthal

5 speed vs 6 speed? I know this was why the old gen wrx could keep up/ match the acceleration of that gen STI

>"it's snowing so i must need awd"
the sti is the literal stacy of performance cars

The only reason for AWD in snow is so you don't need to have snow tires

It's also pleasantly articulate when you have it set up right.

Sugoi bait-desu.

Aren't they planning a drastic redesign?

That's clearly a possible BRZ, not an Impreza.

>4 door brz
nah

Oh shit with no door handles (wtf?) I didn't notice that extra crease from the back door. But seriously that's a terrible way to differentiate a big part of the Impreza selling point.

I got this 5 year old cousin whos.kind of intelligent and speaks well but ya know, he's still five years old so if you tell him it's time to go to bed at 9pm on a Saturday night he throws a tantrum just like any 5 year old does. Except that occasionally he raises a valid point or gives an objective truth. I like to think he's the one making these daily WRX / STI bait threads. Like you ain't lying EJ engines been around a while. But what do you hope to really learn by throwing this daily tantrum?

it's definitely going to look less interesting when they put it into production
for comparison here is the 2013 WRX concept

Still seems like they're set on killing off the BRZ. A bit part of the Impreza line was the wagon/sedan option and space inside rather than generic coupe-looking thing #12345.

BRZ was a one time collaboration thing with Toyota
Unless both companies come together on it again, it's probably not going to continue

Having read the article I really just think that whoever they got to do the 2018 drive just can't drive stick very well.

It was a neat project either way. But just in my personal humble opinion a proper little wagon Impreza option was one of the the big selling points of the lineup. If the STi model only comes in fastboi shapes or whatever that's fine, but not everybody wants to trundle around in a full-sized Outback wagon.

awd doesn't help you brake

a fwd car with snow tires will outpreform a awd car in snow every time

>braking is the only thing you ever need to do in the snow
Do you want to know how I know you're a cat lady menopause lesbian with no children?

That's why I don't really respect new STI owners.

Its like they didnt even bother researching the car before dropping 35 grand on the thing because muh huge wing.

Now the vanilla WRX is another story, that engine is sweet and nothing can touch it for the price.

its the most important thing

what the fuck are you gonna do when stacy in her subaru with all seasons tries to stop and ends up in the middle of an intersection while you fly through at 60 mph because muh subie

There is nothing wrong with either of those cars.

Same with the corvette the basic design has been the same since the 50s

Engage rallymode. Believe it or not, Suzy in her SUV has tried to merge directly in to me at a 90deg angle multiple times, whether it's dry, wet, or snowy.

and they keep getting uglier as they go on

holy shit engage rally mode

ive met a living meme

Hold my beer

It's true. Back when I was driving a Scooby Doo, I adjusted the suspension geometry for the simple fact that trying to dodge women would throw me into a tail spin. Once sorted, it was quite capable.

I really want them to do another one with a more powerful engine. The BRZ/FRS/86 felt like it was so close to greatness, but was let down by the underpowered engine

How do the Mazda 3/6 engines compare? I'm looking for a fun, but practical 4 door and I was looking at those Mazdas and the WRX

They don't. I'd take the gasket munching, coolant chugging, ringland destroying piece shit over that 160hp Skycucktive bullshit. Also irrelevant because they're fwd.

I fucking hope in 2020 they give the wrx 300 hp and the sti 400 and dont put any hybrid bullshit in it

"Wew it needs to be bigger boys"
t. subaru

>"Wew it needs to be bigger boys"
>t. everyone
At this rate we'll all be driving monster trucks by 2030

>implying they won't be crossovers by then

man what the fuck that actually looks kinda cool

thats only the sti's anymore the main weak spot on the new wrx's is the connecting rods and they only seem to blow when dickheads lug the engine

Subaru is fine, the current STI is crap

I'd say the lancer evo is right up there with the STI. They have pretty much the same record, except they decided to go like ten years without changing anything, and cost more than the STI.

did you see the concept for the current wrx? it looked amazing. unlike the downy turd looking carola they actually released.

How does Porsche make the same strategy work?

Wrx is fine where it is, STI doesn't need much improvement. They have a good price point

>I adjusted the suspension geometry for the simple fact that trying to dodge women would throw me into a tail spin
>Women are this much of a hazard that people have been tuning their suspensions to not be a part of the fuck up

This is the world we live in.

>Lancer evo
>Still costs 40k with over 70k miles

It died for a reason imo

Heh