This retarded trend is trying to get me killed

This retarded trend is trying to get me killed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1a-QpyF7rNc?t=55m26s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

lol what nigga just close your eyes

Using headlights at night?

Absolute madmen.

Who needs eyes to drive at night i mean its not like you could see anyways

when they come up behind you on the highway

pic related

>when chinks finally have the upper hand while driving

rayciss Astros fag

> LED bulbs in non-LED housing

I sincerely hope your vehicle burns down while you're trapped inside.

>blinds the fuck out of you with no cutoff and horrible factory alignment

I guess projector headlights are allowed to be as bright as possible as long as they are aimed below a certain point. That certain point being the top of my windshield

> I'll aim them up, that way people will see me!

*aims leds and projectors into your mirrors*

>I sure can see great with these 1,000,000-sun brightness LEDs
>nothing gonna get in my way at night
>*blinds oncoming traffic causing them to swerve into his lane killing him in head-on crash*

wew

they're called rage bait lights

going up a touge in the evening with commuter traffic going down

never again

Your honor, I could not see where the sides of my lane were, I slowed down as much as I could but I just couldn't see. Here is the footage from my dashcam

>18635717
>move to city
>retards with their brights on all day and night, no idea what the blue light on dash means
should be punishable by death

>driving towards idiot with hideous HIDs
>this is unacceptable, he cannot be brighter than me
>turn on highbeams
>he flashes
>I keep them on
>he turns on his highbeams
>no
>I turn on roof-mounted floods, auxiliary PIAA fogs, and hood mounted spots
>7 lights completely blinding him now
>he backs off and shuts off highbeams
>I keep all 7 lights burning into his skull
>see him fishtailing in my rearview mirror as he struggles to regain consciousness

I'm going to get a bank of those water cooled COB LEDs that draw like 400 watts and hide them under my grille for shit like this.

i hit them with highbeams and they scrit away because hey know

>flashing highs when you could be flashing this

SUVs and vans are the worst, those fuckers all have their headlights so high up

>driving down a 4 lane divided highway at night, in the right lane
>see a set of binary stars approaching me rapidly in my rear view mirror
>flip mirror to night mode
>begin to get blinded by my side view mirrors as the stars reach the apparent magnitude of the midday sun
>binary stars parked 5ft from my rear bumper as I continue to do 10 over in the right lane
>start to get a little rustled by this
>let off and slow down to the speed limit hoping the stars will get bored and pass
>they just sit there behind me
>let off again and slow to 10 below the limit
>stars stay behind me
>finally having had enough of this, I move to the left lane and the Mercedes SUV which housed these stars in its headlight housings accelerates away as I scratch my head in bewilderment
>accelerate back to 10 over the limit after the SUV passes
>watch it blow through a solid red light about an eighth of a mile ahead of me
What is wrong with people?

t. carcuck

People are fucking retards and it's why we're going to have the right to drive taken away from us.

he's not the hero we need
but the hero we deserve

Why flash high-beams when you can flash hi-points

yeet nigguh

Don't be stupid, factory LED headlights have an incredibly sharp cutoff

Not those fucking new Acura's or a lot of the city buses. Even if they do have a cut off they're aimed way the fuck too high from the factory. Lots of newer cars with LED's have this problem.

No you're just sitting too low

>pull up to a red light in the left turn lane, at night
>sitting in the left turn lane on the other side of the street is a brand new Ram pickup with its brights on
>there's nowhere to run, nowhere to hide from the massive rings of LEDs
>the heat from its headlights is melting the paint off my hood
>quickly flash my high beams before I go completely blind
>this angers the truckfag
>instead of turning off his brights like a normal human being, the driver switches on his fucking fog lights
>the light changes, but by then it's too late
>everyone looking in the direction of his truck was immediately blinded

Why do automakers do this? It's just a way to validate people who drive with their brights on: after all, it's not the brightest possible setting anymore, which means that idiot drivers can just go brighter whenever someone flashes them. I get that new pickups are built for exactly the kind of person that only feels comfortable driving with 40,000W at their disposal, but surely automakers had to have realized that it was a safety hazard.

They aren't actually that much brighter, they're just aimed higher. Hence the term HIGH BEAMS

Even in the freightshaker work truck it's bad. Being in a low car does suck though.

>Photophobia: The Thread

Ummm...?

We're talking about new Acura SUVs, sweetie, not riced out shitboxes.

Still the same headlights

You're blaming the objectively better technology because it hasn't been looked into enough

i hope theres a few good wrongful death suits that come out of these things. also rollover regulations. fat pillars make for awful visibility and the tiny windows only compound the problem. this safety shit is passing the point where its more harm than good. i like to buy old cars just for the visibility.

Even in the right housing they're no different than brights. I guess in areas that are perfectly flat they're fine, but here In Oregon they spend as much time pointed straight into your cab as they do the road.

DoT needs to start regulating these pos based on lumens.

>Flashes lights brighter than your zeons on full blast every pothole
The urge to take a crowbar to every set of these is strong. Can't wait for someone famous to be maimed or die because of these lights so we can get them banned.

No those are Acura HIDs not the new LED

My old TSX had god tier headlights.

>not slamming the brakes
That is unironically the appropriate response. If you continue driving blind you're risking your life for that inconsiderate jackasses sake.

I am considering to mount a reflector in my trunk and behind my grille to blind these idiots back.
And maybe some ninja rocks as well...
There is no reason you low beams have to be as high as your hig beams.

It is worse on a uphill intersection, since all cars are pointed upwards.

Not a option at 250 km/h+, I need like one Kilometer to stop.

My sides

>not pulling a 200W laser bazooka and aiming it at your opponent's retina

Who thought these were a good idea? It's like high beams but all the time.

I am edging closer to mag dumping 40 rounds of AP 7.62 into every fucking piece of shit cockjockey that feels the need to TURN ON ALL OF THE LIGHTS FOR SAFETY.

I'm considering installing a second 90A alternator to power LEDs mounted to the roof of my STI. I want enough light output that even blind people would fucking squint and people in front of me feel the warmth six miles down the road.

Not gonna lie. That nissan looks fucking sweet.

It's quite the show when one turns up at the bike park (sand) and you hear it spooling up. Nothing, nothing, crawling, nothing
>Ears in a 30m radius start to pop
Suddenly half the fucking carpark is awash in diesel plumes and sand.

These are even worse when you have blue eyes. I want to swerve directly into these dumb fucking chinks.

Holy shit you all are pussies.

I never knew blue eyes made it worse until I just looked it up. I have blue eyes and just assumed it was normal to be practically blinded by white headlights. That helps to explain why I have to squint so much on bright summer days too.

Fucking shitskins

Apologies for being blinded enough to give you a 2/10.

Thats why your rear fog light is for user

>drive hatchback, so rear fog light is high enough to be on eye level even for SUVs
>if I get blinded by side mirror or my cabin is lit like a stadium, switch on rear fog light

Its just bright enough to deter them

The worst part is that 99% of the time these blinding cunts are around is in fully lit urban roads, I can only remember one instance of a dickhead out in the middle of bumfuck that didn't dip their HID highbeams. Everyone outside of the city dips almost the moment they see your headlight through the corner.

It's ONLY city drivers that have lights 10x brighter than necessary.

What a bunch of soyboys. Maybe if you guys went out and had a life you would get adjusted to seeing lights and not worrying about such trivial shit, and fapping to anime/traps in your room. Fuck my generation is autistic, not even my 70 year old grandma cries about cars blinding her.

>mfw I turn off my lights completely at night in my neighbourhood so I can see the stars
I don’t have life insurance

Well the truth hurts, and its obvious it did here.

I love these shifty little manlets

youtu.be/1a-QpyF7rNc?t=55m26s

It's forbidden by law here, assholes still get away with it sometimes.

What are you a fucking plane

i just wear sunglasses desu

Primarily drive my Dad's 4x4 during the dark winter months in Scotland because I don't want to destroy my car with all the fucking salt, switch back to my low from factory car when it's dry and immediately regret it since no cunt seems to know what the dip beam adjuster is for when they've got a full compliment of passengers in the back and their fucking lights are pointed into the eyes of every fucking oncoming car.

No really, what do they teach you Americans in Driving school?
We got occasional retards with brights as well, but they are mostly lazy fucks who just don't turn them off when passing you or trailing you.

It's not really where they have the lights aimed you retards. These cheap led lights everyone buys has a horrible pattern no matter where you aim them. Factory halogen bulbs are designed to shine in a horizontal line across the road surface. These chink lights are designed to put lumens out, and disregard the pattern produced. Look at a video of them, and it's at an angle to the road, with 30-40% of the light shining up. So it wouldn't matter a fucking bit if the headlights were aimed down at all, it's still shining up off the road. There are a few led mfgrs that make a nice pattern, but you need to look for the expensive 3 led bulbs.

Fuck off with your perfect country and your perfect drivers you cocksucking commie.

I need about 7 to 9 seconds to stop from 250kmh, something’s wrong with your brakes

No, german

No, it is the weather, you need longer to stop when it is raining.
Under good conditions you need about 250-300m to stop from 252 km/h or 70m/s.
If you go faster and don´t decellerate as fast due to wet roads, you need 640 m at 80 m/s when yo decellerate at 5m/s^2.
If you are in a corner, you may not even get 5m/s2 of decelleration, since you spend some of your grip on cornering, so less is available for braking.
Now factor in that you may be in a corner and not even able to get 5m/s^2, and suddendy you need about 1 km to stop

What's driving school?
You can literally just have someone sign your paper saying they rode along with you for however many hours when you were 16 so you can take the simple road test with the DMV.

This is why no one here can drive worth shit.

Is realized when you notice there is an expensive LED foglight on one side and a cheap eBay special on the other. They're both on.
> YouTube comments all say the bright one looks better and 200 dollars is too much for the good ones

At 90 m/s and 1G decelleration you are already at 413m, not even including reaction time.

Assuming the car weights 1,5 metric tons, that would be 4800000 joule you have to get rid of.
So, it would be enough energy to heat 1 kg of steel by 2170 K

Hello fellow oreganon

Americans don't have that

quality post

> i dont like things
> daddy government fix it!
pathetic

how would a lolbertarian solve this problem?

by not allowing ultra high beam cars on to their private roads and enforcing their policy with their private police force that they hired to police their private roads

well there is a certain reason exits are marked 1km before the exit itself and the braking lane is 500m long, as, miraculously, i need exactly 1km to decelerate from 250kmph to 60 without usuing brakes

checked and wrecked
or better yet, lets NOT involve a government entity that we cannot shrink once it grows

i would rather smash a fuckers headlights or brake check them first

it's not the government that disallows the cars, it's the owners of the roads. a libertarian wouldn't let the government own his/her road.

>americans dont have rear fog light

I refuse to believe this

They violated the NAP by intentionally installing blinding, poorly aimed aftermarket lights on their vehicle.

A lit flare thrown into the cabin should take care of it.

It's true though.

Usually only found on euro important, in which case they're on all the time.

Because fuck you, you're behind me.

When someone doesnt take their bright off I just put mine on and then the other driver switches it off, but most of the time when we pass each other we take it off

Not only that but most of our turn signals are just the brake lights flashing on and off
No ambers

It's almost always NIMBY whites who use these lights in my area, soyboi

>rearview and side mirrors auto dim
>always wear sunglasses when driving, even at night

I literally don't see the problem

It's not so much the LED vs incandescent as shitty or incorrect bulbs. Headlamps and driving lights are designed to work with certain types of bulbs. Specifically, some require masked bulbs (that little grey cap inside the bulb). This prevents un-aimed light from escaping from the fixture, straight out the front, blinding people. Other than this cap, halogen and other bulp types emit light over a uniform sphere. So its the responsibility of the fixture (and its aiming) to keep the light going in the correct direction.

Aftermarket LEDS _and_other_bulbs_ not manufactured to proper specifications will result in excessive amounts of 'unaimed light'. Specifically, cheap bulbs. So when you see one of these cars coming at you, it's just a poorfag that couldn't afford the correct bulb for the application.

I have two cars with them
but they're based volvos
t. burgerstani

Literally second world
They are mandatory here, frontal fog lights are optional but all cars come at least with basic rear(one on the right side)

Whiter than you abdul

>Literally second world
We can't all live in a nannystate government-mandated kaliphate

OI BRUV U GOTTA LICENSE FOR THAT BANTAH