Buying used from a dealer

So I'm buying a used car from a dealer, and I don't want to get fucked. I already told them i was coming on Saturday to look at the vehicle, and they emailed me one day later saying the price went up due to the "aggressive market". How do i cut through this bullshit and avoid getting fucked?

Also, is it a good idea to bring a briefcase full of money to buy the car in cash? I want to make an offer they can't refuse.

Just don’t act too interested, mention that you’re gonna a look at another car later that day and give them a fair offer, be ready to walk away

What car?

>I'm buying a used car from a dealer, and I don't want to get fucked
wut

2013 Volkswagen jetta with 50k miles. They now want $8000 for it.

Should i wait for them to make the offer, or try to just pick apart flaws with the car? I used to do sales work but automobiles seem like a whole different ball game

Tell them that you're not interested anymore and that you're gonna go look at the same car somewhere else. More than likely they will email you again or call you letting you know the price went back down.

I don't want to get raped*

Go in for a test drive and crash it. Then sue them for negligence.

Used vw, used car lot that INCREASED the price on you, 8k dollars? Walk the fuck away op. Spend a few grand more and finance a used toyota from somewhere else or pony up 3k for a fucking craigslist civic. Youre about to fuck your shit up

> I already told them i was coming on Saturday to look at the vehicle, and they emailed me one day later saying the price went up due to the "aggressive market".

Don't even bother, wouldn't set foot in a dealership that employed a scummy tactic like that before you'd even made eye contact with a salesman

after they raised the price like that you should offer 5 or 6k and then leave

This x2

>and I don't want to get fucked

What are you talking about goy..uh I mean guy. The dealership is only looking out for your best interests.

Now why don't you take a look at our 0% APR offers on select new vehicles.

Is there a catch to a 0% 60 month apr new car loan? I feel like the dumbest goy here right now.
But my first loan ever was a 4.74% apr 12 month loan on my 81k 99 cobra that cost me 7154 after tax.
So now lm done paying off the cobra and its a dedicated racecar with 4.88 gear and 28 inch bias slick.

So l wanted a new beater and there is this really nice new loaded 3cyl 2017 fiesta near me. They only want 11k for it. And l was wondering. How jewed would l be if that was a 60mo 0%apr.

>They now want $8000 for it.

financing charge still happens on a 0% loan so they still get the 1500-2000 piece of their pie.

Solid cars, the 2.5 is a very solid motor. Rest of the car can be a little iffy with interior shit but ride quality and acceleration are far better than say a Corolla

But wheres the jewing? Is the car now 12500 instead of 11000?
Ive never bought anything more expensive than that cobra.

Even with their 0% APR they are still making money on you. So negotiate a price based off the assumption you are using their financing, then tell them once you have the total that you will be paying cash using the loan you have already gone through your bank or credit union for. Now you can take advantage of any instant rebates they are advertising on the car as well, instead of the financing.

don't buy a used jetta. just get a civic for 3k or fix your current car.

What civic can you get for 3k? I can only get gen 6 hatches.

Never show your cards early. Show up unnanounced. Look over several cars like you are unsure even if you know exactly which car you want. Try to spin it like you are settling for the car you want. I fucking hate the dealer car buying experience.

01-05 try to find a manual ex

Are you buying from Autonation?

Those fuckers refuse to budge as they sell their cars at the lowest value.

What's ex? Also the 7th gen are ugly. Is getting a 6th gen a bad idea? They're not that old, right?