byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs + Discord circlejerk
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs
discord.gg/HQA4Mhm

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation
discord.gg/nfmjc56

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>Round Stats
stats.ss13.moe/

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/z7czw5WQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O4irXQhgMqg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

>He claims to be a good engineer
>He can't produce more energy than a Type-II civilization on the Kardashev scale
Really makes you think.

>tfw chef has only one job slot

No you idjit, it's chloraling literally anyone who comes near you and searching them while being on combat stimulants so not even deathstings can stunlock you.

The sps is a band-aid on the sucking chest wound of shitcurity and you can go fuck yourself if you think it's more important that a guy doesn't have to use a disposal bin than sec getting stunned, silenced, killed, looted, and spaced again and again without a peep with no extra effort. Really, fucking kill yourself. The SPS isn't what's holding sec cooperation back and it in no way is stopping shouting x at y doing z with abc and if you didn't have literal autism you'd be able to recognize that. holy shit this makes me so goddamn pissed.

>Tfw botanist has 2 job slots too many

Whats your mommi setup time?
Whats your human setup time?
Have you tried seeing the effects of releasing the gas in the middle of the station?

I'd love to see a RUST antag, but its damn near impossible as a non mommi I think.

I actually agree with that. I mean, you might need two botanists max. Assuming one wants to do plant harvest autism, and one wants to do gene autism. But thats pretty rare considering most botanists are brain dead retards who barely know how to use plant bags, or autismo's who think leaving 50000 no fruits cycling on the floor is a good meme.

>Look ma, I have a matter fabricator, protolathe, and a T3 charger!

Most of the setup time is in making it actually generate power. If you just want to murder shit with your supergiant sun
It's pretty reasonably done if you get help and delegate

Basically, at any given time there's a huge amount of open doors connected to the primary's so everything jumps to a couple thousand C before the first firelock slams down but by then it's too late

Just play research botanist, cargo tech, or hollow out ghetto botany and drop that soil

I'm afraid to eat your food now you poisoning fuck

>Kill majority of the station with special sauce one round
>Don't roll antag for a few rounds
>No one eats my food
>It just piles up on the counters and gets blown away by ZAS at some point

Welp time ditch this static.

The fastest I've hit a yottawatt is ~30 minutes as a human, I think the challenge makes it more interesting as a carbon than a silicon.
The effect on people is actually really disappointing, I would expect at levels like that for people to just sort of vanish or at least get gibbed, but it's nothing special. Maybe playing with ZAS settings could make it a little more dangerous.

It doesn't help. Basically every major poison round puts people off food for about 4-6 months

post pictures

I like Eustace just.. lay off chef

Damn, having your newsfeed screenshot and saved on another persons PC is like the highest praise for a journalist

Cheers, random anonymous user

ok I need a good weapon for dealing with the troubles id run into whille I'm flying around in the pod. that can also fit inside my backpack.

2-3 advanced energy guns, stack of metal. alternatively, you can take 2-3 ballistics and 2 boxes of mags. Craft a buckler out of 5 wood and don't forget to load a medkit with pill bottles of crash meds. With a hand tele and some gps you can just ping pong back and forth as needed

I plan on being a new retard botanist. How do?

at round start I don't know where i'd get any of that. I suppose I could request a gun. making a buckler seems fun. I think what I'm gonna start doing is find vox station and break into and make a sword or something.

Go to Primary Tool Storage for additional access.

Boring job of fighting for everyone's rights, AI

what research has pod weaponry if there is any? I'd like to see more than the taser

I wanted to kill myself, Kupo!

combat

If you need anyone's permission or compliance, you aren't ready. You have to roll up and youtube.com/watch?v=O4irXQhgMqg

There's wood all over the station for a buckler. A sword is as simple as 15 metal and an autolathe. Don't bully the vox who are the thinnest excuse from anywhere from 5-9+ people from the station going out of their way to hunt them down and gut them in complete disregard of the fact that they were simply defending themselves and their shit
You can also just jetpack around to drop flipped tables and fire a cannon, 18 flamethrowers, and whatever else your job can easily scrounge. A polysmoke stasis venom sword and a buckler is the strongest vault clearing tool as long as you stay fed to avoid slowdown so you can get out of it in time. For the mobs that care about it, a couple boxes full of molotovs will roast them while you sit behind cover as they die will let you work through nearly all vaults

>stay fed
Hyperzine

Does anyone have that one deathsquad video with the text to speech? I remember one of the lines being
>Spiders are just legend.

There's only one segment with text to speech AND that's the only good joke.
Its mostly just clearing out medbay.

On a scale of do it faggot to deadmin now, how would you feel about security lockers getting a 6-shot flare revolver that had to be cocked with each shot. It's also small enough to fit in the security belt. Not having the lawgiver for flaring bungles my gum

>The SPS isn't what's holding sec cooperation back

Yes it is, a big part of it anyway. I don't know why you're sperging out like this. Do you have mental problems? You genuinely seem like you aspergers. Are you seeing a therapist?

No, it physically doesn't prevent it. Shitters will be shit regardless you dumbass. Not having an sps wont suddenly fix them just like it didn't before they were added in. It was pulling goddamn teeth trying to get a battle buddy then and it still is now.

you weren't even the detective

I wish I was
Instead I was both Evan and Pardo

I was just going to let everyone come into the holding cell at escape and let everyone beat the shit out of the red suit but then I got gunned down

But who was the REAL Miami Mutilator

I got Miami Mutilated, so I couldn't tell you

thank god I got emagged its a lot easier to just murder people than actually uphold law. I figured at least 1 other person would be sec so I could just buddy cop it up. Nope a goddamn serial killer for my first sec shift.

Does not make me want the video any less

>sec at 4am
it's glorified tdm this early

>Nope a goddamn serial killer for my first sec shift.
>thank god I got emagged
I hope you were on robocop at least to be making those claims.

>the LAW

>Decide I will make falls walls everywhere so I can become a clown ghost.
>This goes no where and I never had a plan for it.
>See red guy drag a body and drop a note next to me.
>I alert the reporter!
>people getting spaced.
>try to telesci some people but can't get coords with no CMC and guy isn't giving me the right location or something
>Go around and try and find the killer, but hear he has a harm baton so probably has shades so flash is out.
>Breaking into engineering to get away from beepsky and get oxygen to go explore for bodies, except shuttle gets called.
>As I run out I find the killer in maintenance and chase him out!
>Round a corner, beepsky'd!
>Beats the shit out of me and handcuffs me.
>Miami Mutilator appears and starts batonning the shit out of me with beepsky
>Beepsky turns on MM and batons the shit out of him and handcuffs him while I alert detective.
>Go to the escape where detective has set up the Beat the Mutiliator booth.
>It was the reporter all along.
>Gunned down by random slav.

You know, in the future if your battery is that low you can get the traitor to swap it with one from an apc. Saves a bunch of time.

i c. forgive me I am new. The worst part was being blind and having to walk to charge station from the holodeck, I wound up in the showers for a second.

You were a good Clown, I'm glad you helped me kick-start the articles by calling me to the first body
I didn't even see Beepsky when I started beating you at the end

also
>random slav

Of course it doesn't physically prevent anyone from communicating more, in no way could it even be physical. But there genuinely was more communication and it was easier to work together before the SPS. And I'm not talking about shitters, even experienced/veteran/decent sec players don't do it now, because they literally don't have to. Don't tell me people didn't communicate more or that it wasn't a lot easier to get a battle buddy before, because it was. It's just that now even not-terrible players realize they don't have to communicate in order to get saved or not die. Unless you're going to tell me that literally every security player is a shitter and security has always been shit, which I know to be wrong.

That's not the only problem with the SPS though. It was more work to discover who the antagonist was, where he was, what he was doing etc before the SPS was added in. Now finding antagonists is a trivial task. It doesn't take any real effort to catch antags that aren't people like Yred. You can say that only shit antags get screwed over by SPS, but I'm going to straight up tell you that isn't true. You can end every single antag that makes the mistake of setting off an SPS, without any prior preparation or investigation, just by showing up to where the SPS goes off if you're good enough.

There aren't really any ways to completely get around it without a significant amount of work, which is dumb because officers get the SPS for nothing. If it was locked behind RnD it would be completely fine, but it's a straight buff to security that requires no effort or thought when a buff was completely unneeded. Unless you want to tell me how security got its shit pushed in every round by every antag for years? More likely I think you'll whine again about uncommunicative officers getting picked off by stealth antags in maint though. Which is another thing the SPS ruined, being a stealth antag is significantly harder to pull off perfectly.

Alrighty so robocop was only used once today like 8 hours ago so you weren't THE LAW. So you know, secborg is waaaay further from 'being sec' than a lot of people think, so maybe don't do that for the proppa sec experience.

>this sperg still going on about the sps
make a PR then faggot you won't though

Maybe the real problem is that there would be both IC and administrative shit slung if you just stunned and stripped of goodies "officers" that would only be liabilities.

It's just that the engineer already said you might be emagged over the radio and in that situation it's usually a race to stop anyone who has the access to detonate you from the robotics console.

I was the only sec the ship had until the detective showed up. and I did a shit job I know that.

>all this
>just a round about way to say you want to antag easier

He's just saying that you are security in no way at all. You are a cyborg with stuns and handcuffs for the ability to enforce law 1

the other dude is a bigger sperg, I'm just trying to have a productive conversation about the SPS and outline its faults and why it's been an unhealthy addition to the game.

I can't imagine it would be that bad, to be honest. I don't recall it being too big of a deal back then either. People complained about shitter officers dying sure but that's not actually a big deal and officers getting their shit stolen and used by criminals is realistic to be completely honest

I want sec to be harder. It's literally too easy now. You know it's true

thats what I was doin mostly.

here's your (you)

>I can't imagine it would be that bad, to be honest
It invariably depends on how much they whinge to admins and which admins are online. That's been my experience in very similar matters.

thanks

I would be okay with shitflinging and shitter officers getting told off for letting themselves be looted if it meant being rid of the SPS.

I'll put it this way. It'd be the sort of shitflinging that leads to your final, permanent permaban for recidivistic niggery (even though it's somewhat less so in this case but you get the idea).

Do you have any idea how strong stuns are in this game?
A single stun can basically be a death sentence. You can only get so much information out over sec comms before being cuffed/stripped. You just want to antag easier you fag.

Who is the chest chef that space has ever had?
We already know kayahi is the best bartender and rowen for botany.

Stop telling me what I want. You're way off the mark.

You know it wouldn't :^)

>letting themselves be looted
It's like you have no idea how long slips or stuns last and how much you can get away with on Veeky Forums. The SPS is the the sole item that stops a lot of greytiders and antags from just nabbing an officer 5 minutes into the round.

It's not like you can cut 4 door wires, either chloral or use your antags built-in stun+silence, strip em outside an airlock and lob the body into deep space. You can cut the head off too and just blow it up once the chase dies down too.

>>Stop telling me what I want. You're way off the mark.
>literally just wants to antag easier
Thank christ you'll never get what you want.

I know it can, because I received a lot of annoying bitching from admins and angry notes when I did just that, in ways that were PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE I assure you.

I agree but it's one of those things so ingrained into the server that even suggesting their removal will cause an autism cascade.

>Haha nobody fucking uses right them so you're wrong anyway lol
>Great, now I can suggest a PR to set them as research only/remove them on the grounds of nobody using them/using them correctly in addition to them being a terrible introduction to the security role. Securityt has survived without them and can do so still.
>NO FUCK YOU DON'T SUGGEST THAT YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT [autistic screeching]

I've gotten people tempbans and notes for being greytiding little shitstains

Greytiders get tracked down and then they get thrown into jail, that's not a big deal. And antags nabbing an officer 5 minutes into the round is a much bigger risk than you're giving it credit for. It's not like all of security would suddenly be murdered every round if you removed the SPS. They're still armed and dangerous and plenty of sec players are really experienced and won't be caught offguard by bullshit like chloral most of the time.

Wait are you talking about officers getting robusted and looted in general by greytiders? Why is this relevant, greytiders do it anyway for "legitimate" reasons and a greytider LITERALLY slipping and stealing an officer's shit 5 minutes into the round is the sort of banbait that draws shitters out into the open. What's the problem?

Yeah it's a little depressing. I'm just hoping enough people will agree so that maybe it can be changed in the future. I honestly don't understand how some players can want such a blatant crutch. It doesn't even make security more fun or anything it just ruins rounds more often than not.

What is SPS?

tells every officer where everyone else is at all times and alerts the entire security team when it's stripped or the officer dies, as well as giving the exact location where it happened.

stands for Secure Positioning System

Red GPS that beeps the other GPSs when it gets stripped or the wearer dies.

Other SPSes, I should say. They have a separate "secure" list that doesn't overlap with the GPS list that the Science, Mining, and Engineering GPSes have.

So why all the sperging? They are useful and make sense in terms of the game. hell I play sec all the time and didn't even release they were a major talking point. They are just nice because they make security not the instant first target for every antag.

I miss the days of no SPS. It was a better time.

there should be a non-trackable SPS that tells the traitor when an SPS goes off so they can move to a new spot

Pretty sure the triggered SPS itself already makes an audible announcement.

>Old sec player complaining about SPS
>Doesn't seem to realize that sec is 95% braindead mute idiots nowadays
>People that couldn't buddy up if you glued them to one another
>People that couldn't perform regular check-ins if you surgically implanted an alarm clock in their heads
>Antag standard MO is to chloralmaint lockerstrip
>"But why do we need SPSes?"

They didn't exist once upon a time. It meant that officers had to have awareness of their battle pals at all times. Back then it was entirely possible to disguise yourself as a security officer after consuming their identity and causing hysteria amongst them.

Now every officer has a alarm that tells them some retard died and can quickly respond. Most of the time I've heard the SPS alarm in the hall from another sec officer and arrive on scene faster than them as another job. It's a bandaid solution to zero awareness mall cops that's incredibly strong to an aware sec officer. Outside of dragging out officers into space, bodies are relatively easy to find on every map save for deff if you have something to tell you there's someone down.

Ultimately it just made it harder for antags to get the ball rolling and since I'm too lazy to go through the hassles of robusting people I just bomb because it's fun

It's simply better to have the SPS because of them getting meme'd than it is to not

1: Just don't kill sec as antag, you're probably a chloral shitter anyway so just dump them somewhere in maint without a headset
2: EMPs disrupt SPS units
3: The only people that get SPS units are HVTs that get reward you with massive loot if you take them out, so it evens out

>it's a space friend acts like you're a pariah and ditches you when their other friend asks them to episode
I know it's just a game but it reminds me of when I used to be in highschool, a time I've tried to forget about.

Of course antag standard is to chloral maint locker strip. It's not like they have anything to stop SPSs or "HELP BLANK ANTAG"
Ever since paralysis and mute can't be taken together from a past PR and the general difficulty of kidnapping/silencing someone it has become a game of chloral auto injectors.

>95% of sec are braindead mutes
Because they longer need strong communication to play the role. The SPS helps them stay nearly idiot proof.

How long until I see a pr removing SPS' from the game By sarah johnson

even when officers get dragged into space you can still find the cunt that did it. I remember I tracked down a ling that jumped into space with an officer a couple months ago. He threw something in space and I tracked him down and filled his face with slugs. Around the same time I found the head of an officer somebody stashed by going to where I would have hid something in maint from the spot the officer got beheaded at. Both on deff.

People really don't understand how strong the SPS is

why

I think it would honestly be more interesting to have people steal sec's shit and do antag things than to sit around and completely avoid sec or anything that could alert sec because security is such a chore for them to deal with. I actually miss having shootouts in sec with people that kill officers and steal their shit or try and disguise themselves as that officer. It hardly happens anymore.

>just don't kill sec

Ignoring this, it's a lot easier for antags to get shit elsewhere. A sec officer's shit really isn't worth it.

not long I hope

>Just don't kill sec as antag
I wish this was an option.

I love building comfy rooms, but it feels like such a waste of time.

if someone is afraid of the water you push them in

It's like that here

Instant knockouts being standard issue is why SPSes have come into play. Not the other way around.

You can be communicatively strong and still be destroyed because nobody cares enough to check in regularly. There's no audio queues, no visual queues, just some text that appears or doesn't appear. It's just who cares enough to remember to occasionally ask if you're still alive. Not a lot of players like that play anymore.

The SPS is just a logical evolutionary tool based on the current server culture. Removing it'd just bring sec back to 0pop at all times.

They literally didn't because they were fucking retards.

It really didn't. Simply be aware of them. Once you are, you just space them, the only difference is if you were a chloral shitter or one of the other meme antags, someone knows something happened instead of 20 kills, 0 clues.

>if someone is afraid of the water you push them in
>It's like that here
No, this is a village of folks saying "I was never taught how to swim and this water is almost zero degrees" with a handful of viking icedivers telling everyone that they're casual shitters

>Not a lot of players like that play anymore.

I wonder why this could be

also you are severely overestimating the effect that the SPS would have on sec pop. If a PR goes through and nobody plays sec anymore and sec gets murdered/chloral stripped 5 minutes in the round 24/7 I'll admit I was wrong, but I get the feeling that won't actually happen.