I want a long distance enduro or an adventure bike that doesnt suck...

i want a long distance enduro or an adventure bike that doesnt suck. convince me of why i shouldnt spend $14k on an africa twin.

also ill have a bitch on the back so its gotta be decently comfy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j3GqtAwVlV8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Get a honda c90 and make your bitch get her own honda c90

heh, she'll eventually have her own. c90s are dope though

>long distance
>pillion
>comfy
pick two or get a goldwing

decently comfy for the lady, i could go for a xr650l for instance but i dont think it would be too enjoyable on the back, knocking helmets, weird peg location, etc.

africa twin situation looks a bit nicer in that regard ye know

Africa twins are great

no sane man will convince you not to buy one

Wrong, they're very off road biased and handling is relatively poor on street. It depends on what kind of riding you do most

its so expensive though fuck

Need to git you a Tiger 800.

Literally a dream bike, but if it's not for you, there are other options. Versys 650/1000, FJ09 and FJR1300, Tenere, Gold Wing/Venture for big ass touring bikes, lots of options in the adventure market. BMW has some great options as well.

Or if you really want to drop the adventure bike meme, you can get a big ass cruiser.

>t. nobike
You've never ridden one. They handle better on the street than most large bikes I have ridden, and the soft suspension only makes long distance riding that much more enjoyable.
>tfw can't take bike out until I redo front fork seals
>tfw I'm stuck in my corolla cage while I see groups of sports bikes and dual sports constantly passing me and enjoying freedom
I'm dying on the inside here CC.

I've been working or taking care of kiddo and had like no time to ride.

Even worse the weather is beautiful here.

rip

>anyone who has a different opinion is a nobike
Fuck off shill. I've tested the V-strom 1000, R1200GS, S1000XR, 1190 adv and all are heaps better on street. Soft suspension on street does not inspire confidence when cornering especially when dealing with a large front

Weather here is phenomenal, but my bike is leaking oil like a harley, except it only holds a liter so after riding for a couple hours I'd need to top off. None of which could be offroad since it would only make matters infinitely worse if I were vibrating like a paint shaker.

5 days for parts, if I'm lucky.
Adventure bikes are supposed to have softer suspension user, they aren't meant to be a 100% street bike. You don't want a stiff suspension when hitting bumpy gravel roads or hilly mountain ranges. You want a nice, easy, smooth suspension that's going to absorb that impact. I feel the same goes on long freeway riding. It's not going to be carving twisties, but that's not what it's for.

I will agree that the Africa Twin is probably the most dirt-oriented adventure bike out there right now. I've seen them in action, and I've seen riders keep up with KTMs on steep gravel hills and twisting dirt roads with relative ease. The Africa Twin is still a dream bike though, and if you want an adventure bike that will take you way the fuck off the road and into hard trails, and perhaps even off the trail, it's the best bike out there.

The KTM Adventure and Super Adventure series looks really promising too.

>africa Twin
yes
or The V-Strom
or one of those Triumph tigers

>Tiger 800
yes this

kys
youtube.com/watch?v=j3GqtAwVlV8

QUESTION ABOUT MY MC TIRES:

Okat so i've got a set of old Dual Sport tires that still have about 97% tread. but they're 13 years old. always been stored in garage, protected from sunlight/weather. other than hot and cold seasonal temps.
no sign of rubber cracking or "weather-checking"

are they okay to use or should i just throw them away?

i read somehwere MC tires should be replaced every 5 yrs or so due to rubber aging effects

Presumably you’re never leaving the first world or going off road, so just get a Gold Wing and be max comfy.

Think of the reason you don't put a condom in your wallet. Heating up and cooling down over and over taxes rubber. Imagine that shit happening for 13 years. I wouldn't risk it.

okay. yeah i was thinking at least the rubber could have gotten hard and dry, even if it doesn't show cracks.
for the modest price of a new set i would rather throw them out and get new ones.
thanks for the input

You’ll have a much MUCH better time touring if you just teach your girl to ride, and buy two reasonable-sized bikes instead of one absurd huge one. I.e. two DR650s are going to be a lot more enjoyable (particularly off-road) than a half-ton two-up bagged Africa Twin.

>trusting the average woman with a mechanical thing like a operating motorcycle
are you mad?

Do these still have the oil consumption problems that the Triumph 800cc triple engines have?
It's probably the best looking adventure bike, but the AT has it beat in offroad performance

That's a good bike, go for it. There aren't really any good alternatives to it (except the KTM 1090R), other big ADV bikes aren't anywhere near as capable off-road, usually cost more and are even heavier.

The only answer is KTM 1290sar and it's not that much more than the AT either.

Where I live, an AT costs 13k, while the 1290 is 17k, that's quite a difference. The 1090 is closer, it's 15k

Anyone else really wish the Africa Twin was a 650?

The only reason to go more than that is two-up touring, and I doubt many are buying the AT over a KTM/BMW for that.

If they're older than 4 years I would replace them. I've never had a tire that last that long, but it's a good rule of thumb for using older tires, take-offs, or tires that come on a used bike.

2012 red/black/white S1000RR with like 10k mi for $7500. Seems like a good deal. Should I do it?

BMW GS1200s are nice

If youre just touring on the street buy a bmw gs1200, the AT is a dirt oriented bike.

Do you plan on rinding them in the rain? If so, replace. If not and they are only for sunny weather and some light gravel riding, they are fine. They will have hardenend a little bit, but not more than if they had sat in the sun for 2-3 years.
Source: Myself driving a 16 year old Metzeler Karoo 1 on the rear of my 250 honda for offroad fiddling.

Wait for the Tenere 700 senpai

>Tenere 700
Would be better from Honda with their massive word-wide dealer network.

And if your extent of off-road is a campsite a S1000XR would fit the bill