/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

New 3DS game is called "Deep Strange Journey/Strange Journey Redux" further info and trailers:

atlus.com/strangejourney/home.html
shin-megamitensei.jp/dsj/
youtube.com/watch?v=6kXOfSFb2EU
youtube.com/watch?v=IvLc8kXrz1g
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA

SMT HD Project teased at Nintendo Switch Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=ut9ekAp2drs

>Alignment themed concerts
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-law-side-concert/
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-chaos-side-concert/

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/J6ER3Eve

>Artbook, soundtrack, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/tJQgQYj1

>OST links
pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc. translations
pastebin.com/pgEWmYfH

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NUmtsZ1J4a2JuWU0/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NNW1MZVRzWXJRdk0/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NeU1HNEhLVDFEZVU/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NNTd5ZFh6SUU4TFE/view?usp=sharing
mega.nz/#!rcsWDTRI!Hfq8VYWcweSF-oN_T3H-14Vyu09l3nRXZhkv7b85PzY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is Saturday the day bros?

Why would it be? What is going on?

Does DeSu have fusion?

Why the fuck does /smtg/ have to active threads and both are ded?

Some dumb neutralfag made this one too early.

Law thread and Chaos thread, boyo

Shin Megami Tensei: Akuma to no intabyu - fan-made visual novel. You play as a russian journalist who came to Tokyo to carry out a series of interviews with SMT demons.

Map exploration and simplified SMT combat included.

Download links:
Win (x86):
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NUmtsZ1J4a2JuWU0/view?usp=sharing

Android (APK):
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NNW1MZVRzWXJRdk0/view?usp=sharing

Linux:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NeU1HNEhLVDFEZVU/view?usp=sharing

Mac:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NNTd5ZFh6SUU4TFE/view?usp=sharing

Yes, and very user-friendly fusion at that.

You mean as in dumbed down? Or P4G style, letting you pick which skills to carry over?

P4G style, plus there is a "fission" calculator.

You mean fusion search like in IV?

I haven't played IV yet but yeah, most likely.

I think P4G had something like this too, but nowhere nearly as complex. And it was limited to the personas currently in your possession.

Whats coming on the Saturday?

The best way to emulate Strange Journey is emulating android and emulating DraStic on it right?

Just wait for Yukiko's new game.

DeSu 1 and 2 are the games that made me start drawing fusion trees on a sheet of paper. I love it.

Emulating SJ with Desmume on PC works just fine. There is a workaround for the crackling sound which works for me at least.

Atlus' NicoNico livestream I think

But I'm on toaster user, granted I haven't touched Desmume in years but it was very cpu demanding.

Yup. Even if we don't get any new info, I'm actually interested in seeing who wins the poll.
Better be SMT I or Strange Journey.

Drastic is great, Desmume is also good, but can run bad on shitty computers.
You can try using no$zoomer and changing the renderer to opengl:
mega.nz/#!rcsWDTRI!Hfq8VYWcweSF-oN_T3H-14Vyu09l3nRXZhkv7b85PzY

You did remember to pre order her game, right anons?

Who?

Pretty sure that's the Melty Blood girl. They're all pretty shit.

No, sorry, I'm gonna pirate it. Buying games for two consoles would bankrupt me. I might pre-order the EOV though, if it gets the first print edition in Yurop.

I was fooling around. I know that's Rin Tohsaka of the Fate series.

Not really into Fate, anyways. Not a big fan of magic.

Yukiko

Oh, I legit thought she was one of the Melty Blood characters.
Aren't the series related or something, at least?

But magic is dope as shit, STR builds are barbaric

>world of STR
>bad
What are you, some kind of lawfag?

Thanks user. I will try this and Drastic and go along whichever my toaster has a better response to.

I think they are. Called the Nasuverse or some shit like that.

>not relying on your own strength and will
>taking power from the supernatural and cravenly calling it your own

Failure of a human. Give me STR or DEX and some human technology or get out.

Have fun battling phys repel demons in a game that lacks almighty physicals, sons of man.

The contents of this post and the attached image are so ironic that it's beyond belief.

Believe me, i'm well aware.

im playing through DDS, holy fucking shit the encounter rate is insane. I literally walk half a step and I run into a demon. I played through nocturne and it wasn't nearly this bad. Does this game have the highest encounter rate in a SMT game?

>Does this game have the highest encounter rate in a SMT game?
Persona 2 probably takes the crown.

On the bright side it didn't take long to out level the demons in any given area. Thereby letting you skip them for the rest of the dungeon with Estoma. Otherwise completing all of Salam's maps would have truly been insufferable.

You would not enjoy the police station in SMT1, then. I did not find the encounter rate in DDS too bad. Besides, grinding mantras is fun.

Can I just grind "free battles" in DeSu indefinitely? Is there a reason not to?

World of STR and world of MAG are both stupid. We need balance!

Almost everything in there was deathly weak to the Heroines lighting though. Except the eyeball guys. They were jerks.

You'll win an achivement if you complete a playthrough without any free battles. Other than that, do it as much as you want.

>neutralfags

Well, I fucked up that one already. So I guess I have nothing to lose.

Fucking Burroughs trying to mislead me from the true ending.
Got it on the first try though. Feels good.

>true ending

Well, maybe not the ending itself, but the Neutral route is the one Apocalypse is based on. So it's safe to assume it's the true one.

But Apocalypse is fan fiction.

Haha.

Isn't Law just Chaos?
God is the strongest so he decides the way of the world using his power and influence.
Sure Chaos lets everyone have freedom but eventually someone who is incredibly strong and influential will be able to have their way with most of the world.

>spend an hour rerolling
>finally get what I want
>fusion error
Noctards will unironically defend this shit

Would /smtg/ agree that despite the poor balance and worse gameplay, SMT4 is better since it at the very least stays somewhat true to the themes of the series?

At the very least I think /smtg/ can agree that the cast of IV is ten times more tolerable than the cast of Apocalypse.

>samurais who travel underground and kill demons
>get to dress one of them up in futuristic clothing
>that fantastic soundtrack
>get to kill a monkey by joining up with god
Yes.

out of chaos, order. chaos always turns into order in the end. someone strong comes to subjugate weaker and forms a nation cartel which becomes another country in the future.

without outside energy input everything slows down, cools down until it eventually stops and dies. order is the state of ultimate death of everything, when all energy is spent and whatever liveliness, movement used to be, everything becomes static, unchanging, frozen. it applies to societies as well as nature, down to subatomic levels.

the fimbulwinter of all existence.

How can any MegaTen even compete?

livestream

fucking this

not with that pic of a shitty character tho

>Walter
>bad
You have opened up a can of peanut brittle now good sir.

oh man this salty chaosfag

Yes, one of the themes of the series is that Law and Chaos aren't as different as they seem. Soejima talks about this in the SMTIV artbook a little bit. He intentionally designed Purgatorium as a chaotic, unorderly realm and designed Lucifer's Palace as an organized and regal-looking palace to make players think about the juxtaposition and how interchangeable they really are.

Don't you mean Doi

Oops yes that's what I meant. Mixed their names up

Is Devil May Cry canonically part of the SMT universe?

I like to think this is where Dante ended up after he went into hell in DMC2.

Would've been pretty cool if it were the case.

Get a bigger picture, newfaggot

Fuck no.

You are siding with one of his lesser and most uptight underlings.

IV doesn't let you side with the most handsome and trustworthy law rep.

stfu Apocalypsefag

Who might this handsome fellow you're talking about be?

I don't even like Final that much but it's FAR better than the piece of trash that is IV. The only thing I liked about that game was the OST and Final has most of it too plus some new great themes.

Fuck off law scum.

come to the light, loser

In the most barebones way possible sure.

if... when?

tomorrow

If you are lying user then I'm contacting the White

>No neutral concert

YooHoo? More like Cocksleeve!

Neutralfags/Whiteys BTFO

>no shijima concert

Just dual-mix the law and chaos concerts. Once you realize how crappy it sounds, you will understand the glory of law.

smt v will be highly stylized like persona 5 and streamlined further to capitalize on all the good press. the game will be very well received by critics and scratch the itch for more megaten for all the people who's first title was P5 but it will be detested by core mainline fans. there will be a dichotomy created between casual megaten fans: those who played persona 4/5 as their entry point that decided to try SMT V and now think they're harcore, and those who played 4/5 as their entry point, tried V, thought it was ok but enjoyed persona more. meanwhile the legacy megaten fans will fall further into obscurity as they watch one of their favorite franchises become bastardized in the mainstream.

f-fuck... I may be alone in this, but I feel like the HD trailer is more abstract and minimal than SMT IV's promotional stuff ever was. This gives me hope that they're going for something more traditionally SMT.

it feels more like showoff, unreal engine models and shit

>that "legwear"
>gravity tits
>le Pocky and candy xxddd
how can someone genuinely think this is good design is beyond me

Nocturne newfag here.
I just finished Yosuga.
Holy crap. It's probably the best game of my life.

> MC, Nyx, Lachesis, Clotho
> full STR build. Focus & Divine Shot
> finished game on level 72. Tried not to grind.
> haven't done kalpas besides from first. Ran around with Estoma active most of the time.

They literally had nothing of the game to show at the Switch presentation since they've barely started the development of the game, the teaser was just some exported P5 assets into a generic UE4 environment.

>it's probably the best game of my life
Another demon is born. The hunger never stops btw

You should replay it sometime for the true demon end user. Is this your first megaten?

I'll probably end up buying 2DS XL for Deep Journey, SMT IV & Apo.

Played bits of Strange Journey and Personas. I'd love to get into True Ending but I don't have that much time in my life. I'm a corporat. Will most probably watch it on YT & buy 2DS to play it at work.

>haven't done kalpas besides from first
Nibba you missed the best part of the game.