/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss about new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #876 - Rat On A Leash Edition

>Sonic News>

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WosV9Y4l79Y
seganerds.com/2017/08/16/sonic-forces-receives-e10-rating/
youtube.com/watch?v=Kl2OeBBcLBQ
youtu.be/79k-gvZMkvs?list=LL4_8vc5_0224MSksuiuPmFQ
youtu.be/RaBDE_8DLag
e-hentai.org/s/2c749ba35e/1100559-1
youtube.com/watch?v=xLwQox75qXQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Last Thread: *

Sonic is not a rat.

together we can over come the odd
it's never as hard as it be
everyone can do some special
the secret is sharing the dream

>Knuckles' last playable appearance in a main series game was Sonic 06
>Last time playable in a 2D game was Sonic Advance 3 (2004)
>Last time he was relevant to the plot was Sonic Adventure 2 (2001)
>Last time he ever truly went Super was his debut in Sonic 3 & Knuckles (1994)

>In Sonic Mania (2017), Knuckles not only is playable but comes with his own, genuine story mode separate from Sonic and Tails' along with actually being able to go Super. This on top with Hunnid P celebrating Mania with a new rap about him

Can someone link the rap please.

Worked on this a bit more. Big thanks to the anons that helped with feedback for the design. It was kinda fun making an OC, even if he'll only be relegated to doodles, and even then, only when I'm not drawing a canon character.
I think the name I like the most so far is Frosty or snowfall, but I'm still unsure

youtu.be/WosV9Y4l79Y

I want Heavy Magician to vore me

Nice OC! Kinda wish I had some ice cream right now, tbqh

He's a shut-in with an Ice cream addiction. No powers, no adventuring well, not until forces anyways

>SA1DX listed for Switch
>not SA2B
>not Heroes
>not Riders
At least Billy Hatcher and F-Zero were listed from Sega as well

SEXUALIZE THE BLUE HEDGEHOG

Source? Don't bullshit with me user.

Nintendo UK fucked up awhile back when updating their site.

Mods are asleep, post gay

General question if anyone knows the answer. Trying to buy Sonic Mania for the Switch but all my money is in paypal. Learned the hard way eShop doesn't take Paypal. I COULD spend 20$ on a 20$ eShop card, but won't it still charge me tax and I'll be like, a dollar and some change short?

thanks for any answers

>Doshin the Giant
>decide to google it
Must've been some good drugs the developers had.

If I'm remembering correctly to my days of buying Steam money cards and Wii point cards, it is just the $20.

>Omega's asleep
FTFY

According to Google, it will charge tax depending on your location. Doing some more googling, the way around it is to change your location on console to a city/state that does not tax digital goods.

>Really really want to play Mania
>PC
>Dont own any of the consoles
Suffering.

I know it used to be fine, but when I bought the last eshop cards in store it didn't charge sales tax and charged me in the shop. And I just assume that's universal now. I could buy a 35$ one but there's literally nothing else I want.

not sure how to change location. wouldn't it just track my IP?

Why does Mania lack some level transitions but feature others? For instance, it lacks a transition from Flying Battery to Press Garden, but features one from Press Garden to Stardust Speedway?

It's been a while since I've used the eShop. It may apply tax when checking out so I'd be careful of that. I guess I could recommend a Mario&Luigi game for the leftover money if they have them on the Switch eShop too.

zzzz

At this rate I'll probably do about two playthroughs and that's about it. I just want to get it over with already and I'm not even going to fucking bother with blue sphere,
I'm so sick of that shit.

Apparently there's location setting for the eshop and you put a zipcode of a place that doesn't charge it. Since more and more places have started to include those taxes, I'm not sure if the locations from forum posts I've seen are still accurate or not.

I'm not sure how the eshop works, but try attempting to purchase the game and see if it applies the tax or not before payment.

>all these people having trouble with a standard difficulty 2D Sonic game
So these are the people who shitpost about Sonic all the time... Very very interesting...

no tax for me, and I used my normal Socal zipcode

>people on forums like Neogaf asking questions like "What is the goal of Sonic? Do I collect every box? Do I go fast? Do I explore?"
What the fuck its a platformer just get to the end that is your one goal.

>Eggman's boss themes in Mania are "Ruby Delusions" and "Ruby Illusions"
>Infinite's theme has "this is an illusion, open up your eyes and" in the lyrics
Guys, I figured it out, I cracked the code, Infinite is Dr. Eggman

It was $19.99 flat

Idk why this picture sucks dick but yeah I'm getting tax here and it hasn't even asked for credit card yet.

Am I fucked? Am I just buying a 35$ eShop card?
I'm not worried about the card charging me for tax. I'm worried about buying a 20$ card for a game that'll charge me tax after and being short like a dollar.

Sonic Mania is how you do a long-awaited sequel right. Tons of original ideas and builds upon S3K/CD with new mechanics and gimmicks and features
Yooka-Laylee was a dipshit rehash with no new ideas and nothing added with no magic

Weird. Just click on "required amount only" and try an Oregon zipcode.
Also that WAS my Mania purchase so it should be fine.

Well, that's where my problem here lies. I'm waiting on my new card in the mail because alcohol causes mistakes. So, all my money is in paypal and the eShop doesn't take paypal.

I hate the "Mania is the first good Sonic in 20 years" bull people started.

It's gonna get a lot worse for 3D fans. The narrative is gonna change from "Sonic was never good" to "3D Sonic was never good"

$35 is probably your only option short of getting a friend to cover on their credit card and paying them back through paypal.

>Egoraptor pushing the shit claiming Mania is the only Sonic game made with any passion while everything else is just people making a game because they are paid
Honestly I think that is probably the worst thing he's said about a franchise, no idea why Sega doesn't shit can Aaron for siding with Ego.

3D sonic has always been deeply flawed. I adore some 3d sonic games, but it can't be denied that they all suffer major issues.

The context was based around Sonic Unleashed and particularly the SD version. You know those fuckers were just getting paychecks.

Still waiting for the outcome though. Will Sonic Team sabotage Mania 2? Will they get their shit together and make a 9/10 3D game? Will nothing change at all?

They were specifically talking about the intros of both games actually.
Still I bet Arin is the type of person who only thinks indies give a shit about what they make when in reality the devs of Mania probably give as much of a shit as any other dev out there.

seganerds.com/2017/08/16/sonic-forces-receives-e10-rating/
Did we ever talk about this yet? Seems important since everyone keeps saying that young kids are Sonic's target demographic

Mario has an E10 rating
It means fucking nothing.

Marzia, or whatever the fuck they're called, may be owned by Sega but I doubt there are really that many people working for them that are passionate about Sonic in particular. Mania is very clearly made with the overflowing love of diehard fans.

oh. nevermind then I guess

Lost World was E10+. That game had hardly anything in it to justify it.

Im surprised I havent heard any smartass quips about how the bonus stages are the best 3D sonic games ever

Favorite Special Stage?
How about Bonus Stage?

ESRB is extremely fucking strict nowadays.

E10 exists because the ERSB saw DKC Jungle Beat and though it was too violent for kids really young kids, it has no reason to exist.
Mario got it just because you can throw your hat at real looking people .

>Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies is rated M
>Senran Kagura Burst is rated T

ShTH would be rated M nowadays. The ESRB is a fucking joke.

ShTH literally had a mission about killing the president, nowadays it would be rated E since that is considered an acceptable thing.

Now this is a animation I haven't seen in a long time.
youtube.com/watch?v=Kl2OeBBcLBQ

Speaking of Sonic Mania on Switch, it seemed like pre-release people were worried because of the joycon's d-pad. When playing in handheld mode it definetly fucked with me for like a minute, but after I got used to I was playing/moving totally naturally, its not the perfect d-pad for 2D platformers but I also think that it doesnt gimp the experience at all. Wont cause any weird misinputs or anything like that.

For TV mode I primarily played with my Pokken Controller. Bomb-ass d-pad, really a fan of the controller and was what I was planning to use on PC anyway.

I'd been trying to figure out what bugs me so damn much about Bean's design in the comics but I think I figured it out

His fucking beak is treated like a muzzle, like Sonic and Knuckles, rather than an actual beak, like Jet and Wave. The beak isn't the mouth, it's just a place for the artists to slap the mouth.

They're rereleasing this controler making a black Switch model

HEY IT'S TIME TO COLLECT THE CHAOS EMERALDS

youtu.be/79k-gvZMkvs?list=LL4_8vc5_0224MSksuiuPmFQ

Neat, had no idea this was coming. I thought I was the only person who bothered to buy one. Might double dip if theres anything different aside from the aesthetic

>Amy rose boots

It was the best Sonic flash ever.

The sequel to this one sucked though.

why can't i find the source

user could you give sauce please

No idea but apparently there is a way to activate the home screen or capture on this one.
A shit ton of people actually use Pokken controllers for Tekken now.
I think the best thing about the Pokken controller update on Switch is how it opened up the door for other controllers. The Pokken controller is pretty much a generic USB controller in terms of how its read by systems, because of the update now a shit ton of controllers work on Switch since it reads a good chunk of generic USB controllers.

ESRB has been a colossal fucking joke for many years now. For instance, FFXIV has a T rating. A fucking TEEN rating. If you already play the game you should know what I mean, but if you don't?

>References to genocide, racism, bigotry and radical religious bullshit (Dragonsong War and pretty much all of Heavensward's plot)
>References to prostitution (A major female NPC admitted they had to resort to selling their body to get by)
>A fair amount of cursing in major cutscenes (Words like "whore" and "shit" get used oftenly)
>Alcohol AND lots of blood (Drinks are drugged in cutscenes often)
>Game becomes a fucking intense emotional rollercoaster that'll show you this isn't your average, lighthearted Final Fantasy game, all kinds of corrupt and crazy shit happens in the story, people actually go through extreme amounts of suffering and even die

I'd list more but I don't wanna derail the thread. This IS Sonic, after all.

>Pic related

nooo please don't do this to me, it's 4 in the morning and i just want my faps

don't do this to an user

I don't know about the difficulty but Mania certainly is frustrating. Trying to get Tails to fly me around is always a pain in my tush.

and it was nam all over again

>tfw already done with mania
Back to DQH I guess.

The only trouble I have is preventing myself from getting squished by moving platforms.

Do you think Shadow regularly experiences vietnam flashbacks of the shit that happened on Space Colony ARK? Or has he learned to cope with his demons?

There's a lot of unsolved mysteries in the Adventure games. Maybe Shadow has overcome his flashbacks i don't see him talk about it anymore in the newer games

Shadowanon here. I'm gonna do something for you guys tomorrow.

Here's a hint:
youtu.be/RaBDE_8DLag

Nostalgia too strong!

dude, you can just google "e621 amy and sally" and it's like the first fucking result

e-hentai.org/s/2c749ba35e/1100559-1

What are your non-lewd opinions on Sally Acorn?

Her voice is pretty annoying.

She slapped the shit out of Sonic and did nothing wrong

The Sonic fanbase is utter fucking cancer that always thinks the 4% of the franchise they tried and enjoyed is the only good part of Sonic.

A good portion of the people saying Sonic is the best game in 20 years not only never played the classics, but likely haven't played Advance, Rush, Colours, and everything in-between either. They're just praising the game they liked, and shitting on everything else to fit in and display their "gamer credentials"

I assumed there was a time skip before Press Garden.

Sonic just heads over there to fuck with Eggman's factory, only to get pulled back into the plot when Eggman warps him to Little Planet.

Character who went from "ok" to "bad" to "good" and then to "ok" again. I like her overall, and she and Sonic had a pretty healthy relationship in the end. Reboot Sally is just okay, nothing about her stands out to me but she and the other FFs didn't get much time to shine within the Unleashed arc. She's pretty damn inoffensive now so she's not so bad.

So... about the ending of Mania...

Is it really a precursor to Forces?

I'm not even mad, I am actually enjoying all the butthurt I have seen and I actually think connecting the two games is a really good idea (hell I wish it was more blatant. Infinite showing up would probably have blown some minds and sold some more copies), but I don't quite get it.

Is Infinite the Ruby? Or did he pull Sonic from the dimension to get the Ruby?

Oi faggots, here's an idea, a OVA with Adventure art style and music with Nazo as the villain.

Nazo is Super Sonic.

I never understood why Sally & Sonic were paired together to be honest. Sonic just didn't "feel" right with her

When was Sally ever "good"? I felt her character sucked in all aspects of the word. She seemed boy crazy for a lot of her history publications until penders left

AY YO HOL UP

*runs headfirst into motobug*

SO UH

*falls out of loop halfway through*

SO YOU SAYIN'

*falls onto the same set of spikes twice*

YOU SAYIN' THAT

*jumps toward boss while it's sawblade is spinning*

SO YOU TRYIN' TO SAY THAT

*never presses down*

SONIC WAS NEVER GOOD?

Fucking Iizuka, he was good back then but nowadays he's just a fucking idiot. I will never take anything he says nowadays as true because I swear he's just out to shit all over the older games. Him saying Nazo is Super Sonic and the retarded two worlds theory is an example of this.

Now I can't unsee it. Why did they do that?

youtube.com/watch?v=xLwQox75qXQ

Studiopolis Zone New Jack Swing version