Why is there no love for the Prius?

Probably because it was the first soy mobile.

What's to love about it? It's a utility box for people who like electric cars or who have decided the fuel savings are worth it.

Because you can have a Lexus with a frugal Prius drivetrain instead.

Except the Prius is not an electric car

Because it's ugly, and other small non-hybrid cars with great MPG are better

Yeah it is. It has a big battery in it. I don't care what fancy fast-talking words you want to use because it's not a Tesla. The reason why people want it is that it's electric.

Ugly PoS that Toyota puts a soy tax on to make money.

It’s basically you pay a premium for sports cars and soys pay a premium for electric bs.

That car performs and costs the same as a Yaris. Sad!

It’s a shame that the F Sport package for the ct200h didn’t bump up the power. It’s a really nice looking hatch, but that 134 hp and 105 ft/lbs makes it feel really gutless. Something like 200 hp / 170 ft/lbs would’ve helped. But alas, it wasn’t in the car’s design.

>tfw you like all of lexuses lineup
fuck how do i stop enjoying a brand so much

People claim its all about efficiency and eco-friendlyness. Weighs 8 trillion pounds, has an enormous battery pack, leather seats and gets poor mileage.

no kidding.. i love the ct200h

>t. samefagging lexus employees

My GF has a Prius C. I kinda like it desu.

I get such a pulsing hard-on for girls that drive sensible cars

A car made for people that hate cars.

It gets the same mpg's as a normal small shitbox if you drive it like a normal person.

The faggot invasion of Veeky Forums has begun, R.I.P. Veeky Forums by the end of the year.

It looks like it’s angry it was born a Prius....

How would I be a Lexus employee if I said that the ct200h was gutless? I don’t think you thought that all the way through.

Put sticky tires on it and it'll handle corners pretty well. Since it's lightweight and low on power, it doesn't take much to go 10/10 on a car like that. Really good training vehicle.

because even dealers have to admit that it's slow

pretty much

There's no love for the Prius among enthusiasts because for the most part it's completely irredeemable from a performance standpoint. There's nothing to really get excited about unless you're a regular on the Insight Forums. I do think the Prime looks the best out of Toyota's current lineup with every single car they make getting super frown/angry face and aggressive. The interior is interesting but too gimmicky for most car guys. See Savage Geese's video for more info.

The vast majority of consumers don't give a fuck that it has a Lithium Ion battery, and I doubt they'd be able to describe what one is anyway. There are 2 primary factors that drive sales of this car brand, and that's dipshit slacktavist SJW types that use it as a rolling political billboard and people who are determined to buy new (and are financially able to do so) but really want to keep the cost of ownership down. The former category might know what a Hybrid is in concept but only so they can virtue signal. The Prius has become it's own brand at this point, the fact that it's made by Toyota (which most people would associate with reliability) is secondary. You also a 3rd category of younger people that can't afford to outright buy a car, but can lease one and still afford to eat at least once a day, and at that point it's a simple mathematics equation.

If there was a pure-gas competitor to the Prius and Ioniq that had a better EPA MPG rating and didn't have major problems in terms of reliability, cost, styling, etc. consumers would gravitate towards that instead.

Also in places like Commieforniastan (please get me the fuck out of here) and other parts of the US gas is a lot more expensive and the same applies to Canada which just makes the MPG rating even more enticing to broke precariat class proles and people who generally have to drive a lot.

sorry for liking a brand, next time i'll make sure not to like a brand.

>people who are determined to buy new (and are financially able to do so) but really want to keep the cost of ownership down

This, plus it's pretty easy to find ones with all the wacky safety shit borrowed from Lexus without pricing going into Lexus territory. Interior is comfy. Good car to buy for the wife. Electric motor makes it feel quicker than it is from a dead stop.

t. Bought my wife a prius

The current Prius also has a more advanced Powertrain than the ct200h, which is based on the prior gen Prius....

$3k civic hf is a direct competitor that is fully gas powered

When you realise that lexus exists only to add another few grand on the same Toyota.

but i like the styling :^(

It's still about 10-15 mpg under the baseline Prius and on top of that people who need a reliable vehicle aren't gonna buy something out of warranty because if the car breaks down and there's no support it might cost you your job.

Same logic applies to people who maybe don't depend on their cars as much but don't want to deal with all the potential bullshit that comes with a used car.

When will Toyota update the Prius C drivetrain to the latest version? What is taking them so long?

i would buy one and do fun things with it if they had a regular manual option, i dont hate cvts but im english so manual is mandatory for me

they made hybrid civics that are even more of a competitor