Maserati good first car?

So I just got my liscence and my parents want to buy me a car for college and I was looking on Craigslist and found this it looks super cool and everyone will think I am rich if I get it cause it's a Maserati do you guys reccomend it? My dad says he will get it for me but I will have to be responsible for maintenance are these things reliable?

Other urls found in this thread:

lansing.craigslist.org/cto/d/90-nissan-se-pick-up-truck/6485854804.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>are these things reliable?
>1986 Maserati
Dear god no

Maseratis are only for the very rich for a reason. They're cheap to buy, cheaper than most sports cars but
MAINTAINENCE WILL LEAVE YOUR ASS MORE RAW THAN GAS STATION SUSHI.
Do not get one unless you have a buddy who happens to be a specialized mechanic and will accept payment in handys.

The owner says it runs fine and it just needs a new battery

These things are about the least possible reliable cars on the planet. They were trash new and they're certainly not going to be any better at 30+ years old. Unless you're a trained mechanic with years of experience and lots of expensive tools I'd run as fast as I could in the opposite direction.

tl;dr just shut up and buy a $3k civic

For now. I seriously cannot put into words how unreliable that thing is. Italians put form before function, so it will look beautiful while it spontaneously combusts.

If you want reliability and ease of maintenance, get a honda or a toyota. You're not going to work on a 1980's Maserati in your parents driveway with some harbor frieght tools.

nigga its an italian car from the 80's.
it's gonna shit the bed in every way, shape, and form as soon as he gives you the keys.
if you want something that actually runs, that's probably the worst car you can choose.

>Is Masarati a good first car
>Reliable
>BiTurbo
>Is it reliable
Oh christ thanks user I needed that.

This might sound bad but the only reason I even know 80's Maseratis are moneypits is from that one TG episode where the trio each buys a "classic" sports car and I dont know if it was Hammond or Clarkson but one of them got an old Maserati and it was an absolute shitbox

>are these things reliable

Well yeah

He's trying to sell it to you

To be fair every car in that episode was an Absolute shit box.

Yeah but the Maserati was literally the worst one

Hey OP get a motorbike instead because you're more likely to die and it'll just be better for everyone

Wanna fix an old "exotic" shitbox?
Get a 944.

True.

You take a jump pack with you and jump it and drive it on the alternator. If he wont let you or the alternators fucked, RUN.

No, they're not.

Know a guy that Dailies an 80's Alfa with a N/A V6. He has enough problems as it is and Maserati had more issues. Also Italian cars have the most retarded quirks. Like his 1st gear isn't synchronized and the turn signal light is just one, it doesn't tell you which direction you have on.

NO.

get a good reliable vehicle...with 4x4 capability and a hitch. It's Michigan man, it will come in handy. you don't need a car in college to get the poon anyways.

lansing.craigslist.org/cto/d/90-nissan-se-pick-up-truck/6485854804.html

here you go OP. try this on for size. way cheaper and probably STILL less likely to break given the price

you wont look rich, no one will think your rich driving a 30 year old Maserati, you'll look like a poorfag trying to be rich.
it doesn't look "super cool", it looks like the most luxurious taxi cab in Afghanistan.
its fucking craigslist, you cant trust someone on craigslist if they say it runs, probably because the last time it ran was when they pulled it in the driveway to store their shit.
this has not aged well, so your dreams of looking like the pussy snatcher on campus would've been possible 30 years ago, so you'll end up looking like every wimpy main character who tries to look cool but gets his ass beat.
you don't want to be responsible for the maintenance of a 30 year old Italian "sports car" you found on craigslist.
if your dad will buy you anything, get a used car from a certified and trusted used car dealer, and get something NOT Italian.

Get a 3000GT VR4, OP.

poor quality bait
everyone knows 80's maserati's are the biggest heaps of garbage
not even good looking or recognized enough to be identified as "rich" car

just buy a fucking benz and keep it clean ass hat pleb