[Daily Bike Thread - /dbt/]

Is the GS, dare I say it, /ourbike/? edition.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Tips & Tricks
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Motorcycle Chicken Strip Support Group

No friends? Here's a list of similarly lonely weirdos:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

No Bike? Start here:
TFW no Grom Simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

Cucked bikes:
a2bikes.co.uk/

No helmet? Start here:
crash.org.au/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Xg_zFwlqWvQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hello new thread. Please no rampant shitposting this time around

F800 is /ourbike/

Nc750, mt07 tracer, 701 husky, versys650 and vstrom 650 >> f700

No

KTM > BMW

I don't like riding needlessly tall streetbikes aka pigfat dirtbikes. It feels like the bike equivalent of driving a crossover. Top heavy, high up, numb everything.

I don't even know what advantages they have over lighter, faster, better handling standards besides an extra two inches of ground clearance that never gets used.

>not even a hint of irony

>I don't even know what advantages they have over lighter, faster, better handling standards
Luggage capacity, can carry a passenger effortlessly, can cruise at high speed on the pavement for long distances. Although personally I don't give a shit about any of these things, I prefer lighter bikes too.

source?

Shib >>> all

>tfw want to get first bike
>everyone says get a 650 because they're cheap
>look up bikes in my area
>cheapest SV650 I could find was like 3k
>other 650s were either more expensive or salvage titles
Found a Ninja 500 for like 2700 though.

How different is the 800 anyway? Other than the extra 100cc, obviously.

>not buying a dualsport
uhhh sweetie

>wanting a suzuki
Get the 500. Its probably a better bike anyway

I think i have a fork misalignment. I watched a few youtube videos on how to fix it and it tells me that i have to unscrew this part(pic related).

However the screw looks like its covered.

Is this some sort of jewtrick to prevent home repairs?

Its a chink 125 bike.

Wew
The bolt to the left should loosen the fork

Tuohno > Shib

I don't do much off highway riding on my G650 GS but it can cruise comfortably on the freeway with full bags, and it's slow but steady when I do hit gravel or dirt. It might be a bit better off-road with proper knobby tires but it will always be a far cry from a proper dirt bike because that's not what it's intended to be.

why is that screw covered? a not_touch_screw?

RSV4 > Tuono

B-but muh slightly more urban usability

ybr grill. She left because people were creeps.

Its not a screw at all. Its a blank spot from casting

anyone finance a $5k+ bike?

i'm looking to buy a supersport soon and i'll be staring down the barrel of $8k-9k dollars.

How'd you pay it off? What was the interest? Give me the quick rundown if u please. Would you do it again? Any hiccups?

don't get finance you dosey cunt

>sat in car in traffic going to pick up mum from work
>literally crawl 5 metres, wait 2 mins, crawl 5 metres, wait 2 mins
>this goes on for a 2 mile stretch
>a 10 minute drive is becomes 40 mins

jesus christ im glad i got a bike, traffic in the UK is a fucking joke.

You shouldnt buy a bike you cant afford. Only finance on expensive stuff, like a house or high end cars. They are the only things where it makes economic sense.

Financing is _ok_ if you plan on paying it off in 6 months or less. Otherwise save up and buy something cheaper

She's still here and that's not her

i have about $10k in the bank. I can afford the monthly payments for a couple years, but I can't afford to nix my entire account in an instant.

Does that make economic sense?

okay 6 months. what would be an example set of terms for such an arrangement? I'm completely new to this and I'm not sure what's normal.

The arrangement wouldn't be a thing. Get a standard vehicle or personal loan from , and this is important, a credit union. Don't go with the financing they offer at the dealership, as they will have rediculous interest rates and will try to Jew you. Just make sure your loan has no fee for early payoff and you should be good

8k.
Put $1000 down
135/mo at 3.99%
I pay $300 just because though
Insurance is $75/mo for required full coverage

wrong, only get loans for things you _need_ but can't afford all at once or things that will enable you to accelerate your earnings to the point that you will have more money at the point where you could have bought it by saving.

t. ybr

no I am ybr

and so is my wife

post ur craigslist

Where the hell do you live and what is your method of finding sales?

>and so is my wife

>no ybrgf

Disclaimer

Everything I have ever commented on the internet has all been in the name of jokingly shit posting and should never be taken seriously under any sircumstances.

there is no way that knob tightens your fork clamp.

disclamer I have never lied with the exception of this post

I found a video with side mounted to helmet camera that looks good. I guess you just have to go fast enough to look good?

youtu.be/Xg_zFwlqWvQ

pls kys wr

the sad thing is I'm not even wr, at least that guy has a personality.

>Luggage capacity
You can fit the same big ass tusk boxes to just about anything, fashion concerns about putting adventure brands on non-meme bikes. There's a guy around my town that has them on a fucking firebladed. If there is a subframe, there are racks and brackets. Some modification may be required for sportbikes due to a lack of aftermarket, but standards fare well.
>Passengers
Standards are lower to the ground and easier to mount/dismount for passengers. Otherwise, the seating position is the same.
>Cruising
Adventure bikes hold no advantage over standards here. Hell, if you're young enough, you can say this about a sportbike.

That's where the metal was pumped in
You need to undo the ones on the side

>tripfag on an anonymous basked weaver forum
>a decent human being
choose one

>go around presenting 20lb of pussy and ass while wearing almost nothing like a baboon
>complain about people being creeps

Hold on while I walk into a gay bar wearing nothing but a speedo and whine about all the fags trying to grab my nuts t. ybr guy

Slutty people are a mystery.

I didn't say it was a good personality. but being remembered as an autistic faggot on a soviet sand sculpting zine is better than not being remembered at all.

>slutty people are a mystery
It’s ignorance
Better education could solve this problem

don't think being recognized on the chang is something to be proud of or that would help you in any ways. doesn't look good on the CV it would rather give you trouble.

>Tripfag
Wr is iconic because of sheer autism
No names or trips required

Which is why nobody posts their bikes

I honestly don't think ADV bikes make sense.

Pavement: Heavy, cumbersome, not much fun, kinda comfy I guess

Dirt: Heavy Cumbersome, not much fun, not comfy anymore because if you lose focus for a second and lay the thing over you will jetison your own anus trying to pick it back up. Also have fun breaking bones when the big bitch lands on you. Also super high off the ground which is the last thing I want when trying to get stability on an insane heavy bike on a loose surface.

WR250 or even DRZ400 makes way more sense to me. WR450 or even DR650 if you need to ride highways all the time.

I truly regret posting my bike
Nobody should do it

yes but nobody remembers me irl either

Same

The only picture I have of my bike would readily identify me since it contains the nose of my car, and I'm one of the few people who have that bike/car combo.

>Mfw I've slept with some of the people from here

Crop the image? Photoshop?

And the pope doesnt have a funny hat.

I fucked two girls from /b/
Gotta say it was fun

I don't
who cares

my swingarm > your swingarm btw

The way it's taken makes it kind of hard

I could take another picture but my bike looks like total shit under dim garage lights and even worse in sunlight

Me too but they were boys and it wasn't in a gay way

sounds gay and probably is
>implying

that really only makes it worse ... lol

>Being this new
Nobikes

Im not saying people from here dont sleep with each other. Just that you dont.

*crashes behind you*
600s are good starter bikes, kid

yeah they are sadly not the Hondas tho because no Honda is a good bike

Stop posting anytime

Mine is alright. But it makes weird scratchy sounds while idling until it warms up and shits out so much steam after sitting overnight that it's almost like it has an extremely small headgasket leak that seals up when it gets to temp.

make me, eurocuck
so what you're saying is that it's shit

What is that orange and white naked middle center ish?

it's red
Aprilia Shiver 750

You mean the shivvy?
A low production bike from a low production company

It's shit.

Oh, it looked like something much more interesting from that angle

>low production

>Eurocuck
Do not disrespect me.

this is the proper response.

shit son your exhaust is even rustier than mine

It's considerably rare
I've only seen one in person and afaik they're basically unicorns outside Italy
That's why I got a new one

I've seen a fair amount of Shivers and Dorsoduros in Germany.

well u r retard then
I'll show you some when you're here

I see them all the time on my criagslist, they aren't rare

I would too but I've got an undeniable shit bike so their is no real point, I'll just scrub it and paint at the start of summer

>Kaboom

*leaks your oil*

For when you dont like riding bikes and prefer taking the car.
Or when you have a mechanic who fixes your shit for free.

Love your shitbike, you'll miss it

Wrong Nazis, user.

doubt it, it's a death trap and I paid way more than I should have because I didn't know what I was doing

>I paid way more than I should have because I didn't know what I was doing
Do tell.