>wanna update it, treat her right
>NO aftermarket anything
>if you google 2012 mazda 5 sport, it shows mazda 3 parts

Why? How do i find parts for the FIVE?
No bully, this thing is great.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/EL5JI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dude it's just a minivan, enjoy it for what it is and maintain it properly instead of wasting money on it

Honestly i want to ravage her . I know shes but a minivan, but i fuckin love it and am fully ready to make it rain on her.

Its one of the top rated minivans, theres not gonna be much in the way of pimping out your already reliable VAN.

Im pretty sure it's literally a mazda 3 underneath. Look up mazdaspeed 5 on youtube, some guys put the ms3 engine/tranny in the 5.

See ,i was wondering this and couldnt find even a hint of it being true. Some websites redirected me to mazda 3 parts but i figured they just didnt have anything for the 5...I also didnt dig TOO deep in youtube honestly.
That'd be sweet. Thank you.

There's tons of room in the engine bay for a turbo. Swap in a MS3 engine. Mazda 3 suspension bits are fine. It's shit car dynamically because the seating position is weird.

It looks pretty much like a 3 in van form. I’m pretty sure _most_ parts would be interchangeable. Use your brain to figure out which ones aren’t

This was my first time posting in Veeky Forums and now im looking around at mazda 3 vs 5 stuff and they seem very smililar indeed.
Now i have a place to start, thanks!

I was considering a 5. Got something else instead.

How exactly do you feel the car is lacking? What do you want to change? I remember there was a guy who turbo'd a 5. He got ~270hp out of his.

MS3 stuff of the same generation fits, the front brakes, and major suspension pieces. I've seen plenty of 3 owners use the bigger rear disc brakes from 5 as well.

The takeoff is pretty lacking, as in, you really feel it tugging that weight. Id like to lighten it up or give it some power. When you get going, its a fucking dream. Great to cruise in, unassuming but everyone who meets it, loves it. You hear that "lol why do you have a minivan" every time but they change their tune when they ride.
Also, ive heard it said they dont do well gaining passing speed over 55. Thats a lie, mine gets it. Also, extremely fucking quite.

Also, stock sound system is so shitty if i had even thought to really listen before buying, i might've "hmmm"d more. Its almost NECESSARY to replace it if you like music at all. Gonna for sure sink money into it, just to get it audible and not piercing my ears with treble that cannot be currently tamed.

A nice sound system is worthless when there's a lot of road noise. Invest in some dynamat instead

No road noise in my mini. Quite as fuck until you hit 65, then it starts to growl a little.

But, i will say another con, i snagged the side of the road today and it felt like i was gonna completely loose control of the fat bitch.
Potholes should probably be avoided.

You're making me wish I pulled the trigger on the 5.

Here's the link. Some guy on reddit turbo'd his. There is a decent about of fab-ing involved.

imgur.com/a/EL5JI

Are you autistic?

Mazda is notorious for underpowered, great handling vehicles. I had the 5's predecessor, on 04 MPV. It handled great for such a tall thing, but even with a 3.0L v6, it had a lot of trouble when there's 7 people in the thing.

I wanted a 5, was shopping for a minivan last year, but was just a little too small for what I needed in a minivan (too narrow/tight in the back to carry adults regularly). Ended up going to a BIGger regular-minivan instead

Awesome link, thankyouthankyou
my mommyvan is gonna be fuckin sweet. But its spot on about the POWER just not wowing. I think taking out the second row seats would help, they just bolt down. Easy .
I dont know why when car shopping, i saw the 5 and immediately got in.
I actually left the lot for about 20 minutes before going back and signing the papers.
I sound like a shill but..im just pleased.

>no road noise in a mini
Yeah no, either you're lying of have never taken a roadtrip in an S Class

Sorry, that was pretty autistic...

Pretty sure it's just a Mazda 3 with a raised roof. Most stuff should bolt right on, stuff like exhausts might need a little extension.

I didnt hear anything..?
You ever rode in one?
Im also very used to a 2012 eclispe, and it seems WAY louder than the 5.

>I sound like a shill but..im just pleased.

Not really. You just sound insane.

the only way to really compare is ride in a comparable vehicle, like another minivan. Unfortunately, the 5 doesn't have a much isolation as a rolling livingroom on wheels.

65mph road noise in a 5 is like rolling 85mph in a Sedona or Sienna or Pacifica

Im that too.
-gleefully ignores conquest tsi sitting in backyard-

Oh yeah, its a shame Mazda only offered the manual in the base trim. I bet that would def make the whole car feel more responsive. But you'll miss out on things like heated seats and factory HID's.

Give it a service and save some money for a weekend car so you don't have to flög your minivan like a racecar