freesound.org/browse
freemusicarchive.org
incompetech.com/music
fantasymusica.org

> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

i made a selection system

the player will be able to set the tower's targets himself for focus fire, like in wc3 tower defenses

>REEEEE

was looking for that pic op, thanks

@186402271
Its getting a little stale man, find a new image to spam.

Go away please danny, you don't belong here anymore. Leave us alone.

>tfw I want to make a 3D racing game sort of like the 3D sections in Sonic Mania
i-it will just be a quick side project and then I'll be back to my main game

>anymore
lol nigger you were never on my level, kill yourself. Nobody will miss you.

Is your main game a 2d platformer with emphasis on speed

Should I make 4K textures for my game despite not having a 4K monitor to test it out on?

hahahahahaha

What programming language does Godot use?

WHY DO YOU DO THIS user
IT'S BEEN YEARS
I NEVER UNDERSTOOD YOU
PLEASE REVEAL YOURSELF THIS IS KILLING ME INSIDE

python and godotscript(which is basically python)

GDscript, which is Python-like. C# and python coming soon (Tm), you can technically use whatever you want with GDNative, but implementing might be a hassle.

Just leave, please.
You don't dev anymore, so, go.

gdscript which is similar to python, 3.0 will support C#, C++, Python plus whatever people write bindings for.

this is what happens when shitposting takes over your body

>you don't dev anymore
Is this the fairytale you tell yourself to feel like you "won"? hahahahaha

Where's your game then?
You haven't posted progress on your youtube in 2 years, so It's safe to assume you gave up, right?

pffffhahahahaha

That's what I thought. Scram.

Snaggle TOOOOOOTH

is 2hu a good game or it was only carried for having waifus?

DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW OR AGDG2

hahahahaha

>My life when

ray hit detection
will be useful for shooting and bulletholes

looks good, I could never beat wc3 tower defense. I always ended up just building an op champion in the editor. Of course this was when I was a lot younger

It's a fun bullet hell with good looking, yet challenging patterns.
It's also very accessible.

make his sprite go squishy squish
please

pretty good

>firm took me off of my dev team
>relegated to rmf and firmware assessments
>havnt written code (unless you count hex editing) in almost a year
What would be a good existing engine for a 2.5d, recettear style rpg? If one isnt readily available for free what are some resources for writing a simple, one game engine? Initial googling is just people saying not to write an engine when I search either question

thats really super neat!

but seriously why is it snappy?

Also for a second since you came near the point for some reason I thought you where building a grappling hook system.

>make his sprite go squishy squish
I will - but first, the egg and its mechanics.

any engine in the OP that isn't GM

thanks lads

>snappy
do you mean the playback framerate? that's the fault of the recording software, no idea why it dips when the game runs at 60 fps

>grappling hook system
maybe, but it probably doesnt belong in a doom clone

whats a cmulko

>that portrait

1. not sure
2. hes still here
3. you're still here

You are, friend!

The same thing that happened to post 186404514 :^)

Is that inspired by the Deathball UT2004 mod? I loved that shit.

The point snaps to locations while the camera seems to move smoothly.

you can have large pits and use the hook like in old zelda games and can be used as a weapon.

if you don't dev while listening to depeche mode, I will not be playing your game.

oh that snapping
it moves when i click my mouse

pppfffhahahahahah

Well that was fun, best come back during primetime.

AAAAAAAAAAAAH

Programmer art. Everything is work in progress.
tfw first "fanart"

How did you manage to fuck it up like that?

Do you guys work with a gdd or do you go straight ahead into development?

1-4 : minimalistic bullet hell
5-9 : top down adventure
0 : fap

>not wanting to play a game about a space-filling cat

When you're enginedevving, flicking one True to False can do many magical things.

gdd?

this glitch happened when you were trying to change to cat squishing behavior, it should happen unless your engine is a cluster fuck

I was tinkering with the rendering, my dude.

Game design document

he's not clearing the screen every frame, or he's using dirty rectangles, basic knowledge

i only work with GOD

>gdd

You mean Godot?

Dirty rectangles are a must in any pygame game where you have more than 22.47% of a sprite on a screen at a time.
Funny thing, rendering is what killed one of my earlier projects!

Speaking of dirty things, has any of you ever killed a newborn?

For a bullet hell, should new enemies keep coming or they would wait for the player to finish the existing ones? also should they leave the screen after a certain amount of time or stay there until they're killed?

How do I survive the SJW landscape and not have my game bombarded and boycotted with criticism? Announce everything in the blandest, most neutral way possible; never say anything that can harm somebody?

How about releasing game and not giving a fuck?

>that fuzzy feel when something works as expected

Ignore them.

Give no shits and youll be fine. If someone wants to be upset over something small, ignore them. As long as you arent going full 14/88 most people wont give a shit that your use of woman instead of "birth-capable-bodied persons"

Release a good game and when you face the SFW shitstorm just enjoy the free publicity and keep triggering them for even more publicity

>that fuzzy feel when a thing that took a day to implement before refactoring now takes about 20 minutes

Maybe you should stop lurking /pol/ and being obsessed with identity politics, no one fucking cares about it outside fringe groups.

Google "The Last Night"

>implying he even has a game
It should be taken for granted that poltards have too much literal shit in their brain to be capable of gamedev.

Not that user but I personally don't know about or care about that game and haven't heard about it beyond your post. What does that mean?

All I saw was one article about some old tweets, I never heard of any drama until you mentioned it.

GamerGate faggotry and drama over a Notch tweet.

Anons like are trying to turn indie gaming into a gaggle of clucking hens getting all SJW about SJWs and just never focusing on games anymore. Shit is pathetic.

>implying
I follow /pol/ and I dev. I don't bring it out however since this is a gamedev thread and has nothing to do with it.

That's pretty shitty through.

Just cut the bullshit you poser ass no game phonies.

I'm genuinely curious, I don't all my hard work go down the drain because of a single mistake.

Do you use git or something equivalent for you games?
I use gitlab for my current game to keep track of my progress and have an online backup.
Github doesn't offer private repos so fuck them

>I follow /pol/ and I dev
Woah cool you're so patrician I bet you're the only gamedev who browses /pol/. Let's defend /pol/tards who drag identity politics and crying about SJW into gamedev because we browse /pol/ too fuck nuance right? It's great being always offended and sensitive and crying about SJWs unironically, right? It's great identifying so much with /pol/ a board that is swimming with bots and literal shills that you have to make that post, you really get it in a way I don't. Thank you for that.

Damn, I almost responded to some of these people.

I use bitbucket, git is really fucking useful and I recommend everyone to use it here even if it's a solo project.

What could your idea for a game possibly do to offend SJWs? Nobody cares and wouldn't care even if you could actually make a game.

Why is it useful?

>being this assblasted
I browse /pol/ too btw :^)

Me too, you real life retard. That was the point Do you identify as a /pol/tard? Then kill yourself and stop pretending to be a gamedev. Nobody believes your lie that you have a game.

This was my first and only reply to you. I didn't even read you previous post I just saw you were fucking triggered
Eat shit nigger

>watch out world you just can't handle me i'm gonna be a real hot topic when i'm done with my game xD
okay gogem junior
these kids in here i swear

its fun to make games user
what do you do to have fun?

>This was my first and only reply to you
That was fully understood, you actual real life retard, and my reply still makes sense in either context, you for real in real life actual mentally retarded human bean. Stop being so triggered. :^)

backing up
clear timeline of everything you did so you can break shit without worrying about commenting out old code to save it for later
if an elusive bug shows up you can bisect commits until you find what caused it

wtf dude your posts don't make any sense
>real life retard
wut?

-_- HOW CAN I REACH DESE KEEEEEDZ

m8

So it keeps different versions? How often does it save new versions? I'm confused as to how you use this

MOOOOM!!!

Does anyone have a good beginners guide for Godot?

hahahahahaha

Whats a good engine to make a 3d game like Doom? Preferably something where I can use a real language (not GML).

heh
[farts aggressively while leaving the room]
later nerds