Miata General — Mercury Chrome Edition

Miata General — Mercury Chrome Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

carbonmiata.com/shop/mazda-mx-5/hardtop/
losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/mazda-miata-runs-good-clean/6470419675.html
inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/1996-mazda-miata-convertible/6461143831.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Buying an NA with 184k on the clock tomorrow for 1.6k. How fucked am I?

if it runs, pretty good. if it doesn't leak, really good.

Where do I get a good hardtop for under $1200? My local craigslist gives me nothing.

lowest ive seen is 1350, but I'm buying it heck off.

Which wheel+tire combo would provide the most comfortable ride on a stock NA miata? I always hear about the RPF1's, but are they really the best all around?

Fantastic! Checked

Carbon miata does them for $850
carbonmiata.com/shop/mazda-mx-5/hardtop/

I'm looking at a NB series 4 turbo model lads. I know the turbo barely does anything but I'm hoping that it'll make it easier to put on a bigger one or someshit. What do you guys reckon?

I wanna get a Miata but I’ve never driven manual. What do?

Softop > Rooftop

What is the series 4 turbo?
I have a MazdaSpeed Miata and the whole turbo system is garbage- I changed every part of it including the EMS. So you'd think "Well, better to just start with a regular Miata and turbo it" but the MSM has other advantages. For one it has special paint colors that are really nice, 6 speed transmission with stronger gears, upgraded clutch, stiffer bushings and motor mounts, upgraded brakes and struts and on and on. It was built to handle a lot more power than they gave it from the factory.
So if you want a turbo Miata get an MSM and give it the Big Enchilada from Flyin Miata. If you want more than 230hp change the turbo too.

Prcatice on a friend's car.

The only friend I know who has stick shift is my buddy who has a 2016 Mustang GT and he doesn’t want me to fuck up his clutch. He’s a jerk.

Rent one. Spend the entire day practicing.

Not a bad idea. Thanks friendo

indeed, brother

Would a Miata be a good car to drive from one end of the U.S. to the other?

get off Veeky Forums

if you don't need much baggage then absolutely yes

>$900 shipping

Wife and I did a 3000 mile roadtrip in an NA. Brought a bunch of camping gear, had to have some shit on the back shelf that would sit on top of the convertible top when it was down. Wasn't a big problem.
Pro-tip: The car is quieter on the highway with the popups up.
Only problem really was my foot and leg getting tired trying to keep the gas pedal in the same position for hours on end.

learn while test driving the car

She's my baby now, runs great: leaks only a little

what is cruise control

mazda nb series 4 Se. australian version of the turbo miata.

it didn't get as much power as the american though 122 kw.

>leaks only a little
yummy

Just picked up yesterday. I've been wanting an NA for so long and finally had the opportunity to get one. Loving every minute with it :)

First on your agenda, new tyres and new pads.

losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/mazda-miata-runs-good-clean/6470419675.html

inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/1996-mazda-miata-convertible/6461143831.html

Could I just do a conversion to manual once the auto trans dies or am I better off grabbing one manual?

And to lift those popup covers a quarteeeer of an inch. Just grabbem with your hand and give a gentle lift.

Pads/rotors, tires and a fuse for the cigar/radio for sure. A few other traditional Miata mods will come later on in the year.

Good on ya. A battery isolation switch, though practically ridiculous, might save your ass one day.

>murrica
why are they so overpriced? they go for like 400 here in europe

also, removing front shocks with stuck bolts is fun

>have to drive for 7 hours to get a 500€ hardtop

>drive 7 hours
>not even in europe anymore
???

How small do you think europe is?

Softtop or RF on ND?

als obs im süden keine hardtops gibt

RF

talking about RFs

that's completely up to you
>softop
lighter ergo faster (not so much you can notice tho)
better view angles
cheaper
faster roof operation
>RF
better protection in case of a roll
looks better (imho)
nobody's gonna cut your roof

fix headlight gap
clay bar the thing
polish it
hug it

nick?

is buying a base NA6 a mistake if I want to track/autocross it? I have been trying to find an NA8 with torsen diff without much luck

>why overpriced
Spec Miata

Finally getting back to work on March 5th. Do I be an adult and start saving again, or do I have all my parts that are sitting around painted?

>is buying a base NA6 a mistake if I want to track/autocross it?

yes/no

because you can always buy a torsen diff for a few hundred bucks and put it in an NA6.

save homie. paint can wait

I thought the NA8 had different size connections for the diff? and the gearing would make the NA6 a bit slower

watch youtube videos on how to drive manual and just fuckin do it

honestly i don't know. I bought my NA6 with a torsen diff in it. its not uncommon that people put torsen diff's in NA6's tho

makes sense, thanks

fair enough. my research says that you need a new rear axle for the swap which seems like a huge pain.

to swap a torsen in a NA6, you need the CV shafts and the prop shaft since they're different, with those it's plug and play.
with the 6 speed and the 4.1, the gearing is even shorter than the stock NA6 gearing iirc

If you want comfort, stick with the OEM rims and tires in the OEM size. Nice thick sidewalls, really comfy.

She also left me a present, 50g of crack. That pays off the car!

>she
user, I don't think it has an open diff

>completely ignored the crack comment
>went straight for the gay joke

Stay classy Veeky Forums

i had a dream, /mg/
i've seen a white mx-5 na with a 2000gt front parked somewhere in the background

unfortunately when i got closer it turned out the car was rekt, looked as if someone drove it straight into a pole

inb4 ded thread

what an ugly car

When should I start turboing?

I am really considering to buy me a miata as my first car since they are so cheap. is buying a miata a good idea ?

after you spent the money on racing classes to make yourself a faster driver instead of making a faster car.

use the internet.

Pretty rude desu.
Also, I don't track my Miata, I'm looking for more power for daily driving, just concerned that some neglected parts or system will fail under a higher load.

Don't be afraid to rev higher
If gas mileage was a concern you wouldn't use FI

Where from? If it leaks from valve cover man you got deal, cause that's like a 30 min fix just a quick regasketing

check my quads senpai

how do i get a woman to have sex with me

Starting a new job soon and thinking about getting an ND (I’ll save and pay for it outright).

Anyone here have an ND? What are your likes/dislikes?

Hey cunts, just got her plates, is there any way around having to put one on the front?
It looks hideous, and i hate it so much, i want to take the mount off and fix the paint but I'm worried ill get a ticket for not having a front licence plate
Any tips?
Also
>63k miles
>6.7k
Good deal on this 01 se?
Also, should i be meticulous about the paint, i feel like i should, but i might just be a raging autist

Here's another pic for the boys
What should i name her?

You generally can't rent manual in North America. You could find an instructor or buy something barely roadworthy to learn on.

Im in in Colorado and don't run a front plate, haven't been pulled over and been doing so since October. It's a law but not really enforced from what I've experienced

how should I proceed to fix the panel gap? kinda started to bother me

a turbo would do much more harm to said components than astronomically more

Is an AW11 on par (in terms of handling and fun) with an NA? Is it as easy to drive?

is this your car? if yes, you have fine choice in mirrors.

also went out and took some pix yesterday

In terms of handling and fun they're about even, I'd say. Miatas are newer though and have a larger aftermarket. NA is easier to drive, but it depends on what you're used to. Ive always driven FR so it seems natural. I think the aw11 is more stiff as well

Try a nut and a bolt

After you get the chassis dialed

suspension, wheels, tires, brakes, stiffening mods, reliability mods, etc come first.

but the easy sister is cuter and has a good personality. the girl you like is a fast and sleazy bitch

best color NA8?

Is 195/45 good on an 8 inch rim for a Miat?
Is it safe for DD in a pothole ridden area?

>Razorblade 195's on an 8 inch rim
Do you want to look like a stancefaggot rubber stretcher?

No. But I am concerned that itll rub with a 205. Since the rim I am getting has an offset of 20.

You'll need a bit of a fender roll up front on a 205 with +20 offset on an NA. No experience with a NB though. He's right though, get a 205 minimum for an 8 inch rim, any less and you start stretching sidewall badly

I guess I'll roll the fronts. Ive got an NA and apparently the front fenders are so thin they roll easy.

Yeah it's pretty easy. Make sure to heat up the paint before you do it though, that shit cracks easily

>tfw autotragic miata

I love my car but I truly regret my decision of getting an auto miata as my first beep beep when the manual exists.

Just swap it m8

Oh I meant the top leaks, engine is mint

Cheryl, I was gonna name mine that but she already had a name.

>Didn't blur the number plate
Brave man