drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: boards.Veeky Forums.org/vg/#s=bbg

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord (READ THE README BEFORE JOINING): discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Player list: pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

illusorywall.tumblr.com/post/108900316179/dark-souls-1-how-the-darkmoon-invasion-ring-works),
dscmstat.us/)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for ENB.

xth for best summon

Pickle Pum~!
Peepee Ree~!

Well, excuse me

Absorption was a mistake. Fromsofts DS2 defense mechanics were perfect

>DaS3
>Magic does fuckall in terms of damage
>Any generic melee build can shit out tons of damage
I sure am glad that this is the last in the series, holy fuck they screwed up.

pyromancy is not bad but yeah in general it's pretty bad

Bradley a Best!

>that pic
Who in the fuck would take the time to write that shit? I really hope he doesn't actually browse /dsg/ .

I hope that he will play TRC today. He just killed homoprinces so not much base game left.

Naw, 2 had the worst defense mechanics of the series.
For a significant part of the game's life, defenses were blatantly too good and ruined entire weapon classes that simply didn't deal enough damage per hit to contend with havel.
Then they changed the defense formula and added flynn's ring, and from then on out armour was meaningless and seldom used except in the rare case of a poisebuild, in which case defense was still largely ignored in favour of poise minmaxing.

The fact that elemental defense could be stacked to the point of utterly negating spell damage was also kind of silly considering spells are generally harder to land than melee attacks.

I just started playing DaS2. I beat DaS1 twice, so I kind of knew what to expect, but this shit seems fucking unfair. I'm still in the first area (forest of the giants) and I keep being forced to fight multiple enemies at the same time, enemies appear behind me out of fucking nowhere, and now I have been fucking cursed. Cursed in the first area? That shit didn't happen to me in DaS1. The breaking weapons are annoying too.

I don't know man, I'm not really feeling it. I think it's a lot uglier too, and the atmosphere is weird. I know this is supposed to be the worst one, but I still expected more. Is it worth fighting through the beginning?

Posted in the old general, sorry.

Getting 1k resist takes severe investment to reach.
The havel problem wouldnt be an issue if soul memory didnt exist

>I'm encountering difficulty in a dark souls game should I give up
Gee.
Also curse functions different mechanically in 2. It just advances your hollowing 1 stage, which can be reversed at any time by consuming an effigy.

It doesn't actually take much investment to reach thanks to the stackable rings and burr effects.
Defense-stacking wasn't solely a soul memory issue, though Helixidons could only exist because of soul memory. Being a minmaxed defensive brick with a strong weapon was perfectly doable at 150 without any notable tradeoffs. The exact build just depended on which fotm meta weapon at the time was strong enough to actually hurt someone through that defense.

Expecting an experience similar to DaS1 from DaS2 is a huge mistake.
I felt pretty much the same way when I first started playing DaS2, ended up abandoning it for awhile.
Skip to DaS3 if you want something similar to DaS1, it might also get you used to playing Souls games differently, which I found important for appriciating DaS2.

>consuming an effigy doesn't heal you
i guess we have life stones but..

strategy bla bla bla
ds2 is better than ds3 bla bla bla
treat it like another game, with gank squads in pve

>I keep being forced to fight multiple enemies at the same time, enemies appear behind me out of fucking nowhere
Be more careful, those enemies where already there.
>and now I have been fucking cursed. Cursed in the first area?
It's not as bad as DS1 curse, it just made you hollow without killing you.
>The breaking weapons are annoying too.
Use more than one weapon. Having a blunt side weapon will help you immensely against armored enemies and will help you keep your main weapon durability.

>I don't know man, I'm not really feeling it. I think it's a lot uglier too, and the atmosphere is weird. I know this is supposed to be the worst one, but I still expected more. Is it worth fighting through the beginning?
You're just going into the game expecting it to be bad. Either leave your prejudices behind and give it a chance or just drop it and play a game you think you'll enjoy more.

It doesn't get better, you'll either get used to it or not.

He's making some decent points about DS3's linearity and how Ariandel decreases the feeling on linearity from the game while TRC kinda doesn't because it's stuck to the endgame or after Ariandel.

Then again, Old Hunters is a singular DLC....

Ariandel was the best thing to happen to DaS3 and the fact that it's both positioned in the earlygame as a branch point, and is designed around accommodating a low-level player's exploration is a huge deal. The first bit especially, everything between the first and second bonfire, is really well designed so that a high-level player can approach it head on, while a lower level one can choose to stealth past and still pick up worthwhile upgrade material and even weapons.

are the demon souls servers always finicky?

i get lonely when i cant see peoples messages

Get used to it or drop it. Many things in DaS2 are broken AF. Some for enemies, like cyclops grabs or magic in dlc's, some for player.

Part with doggos is crap, but at millwood knights and further ashes become ok.

You want to play offline anyways, there's a bug that fucks with your sound and possibly corrupts your saves when online.

Neat thing about the wolves, they don't attack until you get close. You can literally walk slowly around them, skirt the pack while they rear up and growl at you, and move onto the next area without fighting. The big one will of course fight you, and the others will come to help if you attack him, but you can slip into the next area to lure him off.

>Eastern Armour is heavier than Elite Knight Armour
In what universe does that even make sense.

>possibly corrupts your saves
the sound shit happened yesterday, not the saves i didn't know that...

Is it better to leave my weapons raw so I can buff them with whatever element I want instead of infusing them with an element? I like to stay versatile.
I'm 40/40 pyro and want to infuse my saints bident with magic/lightning/fire sometimes.

Less effective material means you need more of it.

wew karla's dialogue is fuckin lewd

It's wet from all the pussy juice.

One of you guys on PS4 doing a Bradley of the Old Guard cosplay? Fought one and got wrecked but top fucking cosplay 10/10

I think my kneecaps just exploded

Fresh OC, took 7 generations of my family to finish.
I hope no one's done this before.

a special shitpost for you all in the flavor of the month meme format

>carries you through the level and soloes a boss for you
i don't know what to think

thank you man, i kek'd

Unless you have 60 Int or Fai, your magic/lightning buffs are going to be pure shit. And Carthus Flame Arc still gives less raw AR at 40/40 than CMW or Lightning Blade at 60 Int/60 Fai.

Pyros are a case where elemental infusions are better, since the scaling for infusions soft-caps at the 30 or 40 range. Although you can just use both with Force-casting.

We don't get much OC.
Any bit is appreciated. Memes, or art. Or """Art."""

>Gestures me that he won't bite
>Heals me
>"What a bro"
>Starts buffing mid-combat
>"What a fucking hero"
>Suddenly leaves me, says his duty is complete
;_;

Also, SL 70 Dried Finger in Irithyll Dungeon on PC, for those who want some Dorkmoon summons.

dark souls 3 should have been that jew-nose nu-vader bitchboy

Just started a sorcery only run in ds2, done melee a bunch of times, I've always stayed away from magic, just beat the scorpioness with soul and great soul arrows, when do I find some really good spells?

I ran out of memorable jedis, so I just put Jar Jar, but I realised Rey or Kylo Ren are more fitting. I'll make an edit.

That's insanely fitting.
Both had a title of high demand, but ended up being a huge letdown.

The teachers, Boss Souls, finding them.
Check a wiki.

>Check a wiki.
I thought that's what I'm not supposed to do, also, is straid the only one who trades boss souls? I'm pretty sure he isn't but I don't know who else would

Oh. First time?
But yeah there is Ornifex. She is rescued in Shaded Woods. She then relocates to Brightstone Cove.
You have Carhillion right?

i couldn't help but laugh when he took off his mask for the first time

just fuck my main villain up

I fixed it.

It's.. Perfect.

very good

I seriously hope it's none of you fuckers invading me in Irithyll Dungeon, and if it is: You fucking suck at Hide 'n Seek.

>Asks questions on /dsg/ but won't check the wiki

I'm sorry but I dont really see the difference, either play it blind or don't. Personally I did 1-2 blind playthroughs for each game and then went wiki-crazy to see what i had missed, etc

soul spear is in huntsman's copse(near a syan knight and a chest with a bone shard), crystal soul spear is from burning ascetics on duke's dear freja, soul greatsword is in drangelic castle

soul vortex and homing soulmass are good in pve too, i can't remember where you get all of the copies but agdane sells soul vortex in the undead crypt and another copy is in the room where you find the first dlc key in sotfs. the homing soulmass can be bought from ornifex and the crystal version is at shrine of amana

the spears have low casts but are really great for pve mobs if you have good positioning, you can line enemies up to hit many of them at once, this is really fun to do in fights like the skeleton lords

soul vortex is somewhat hard to get used to but it can be really good against mobs, big enemies and bosses, it's great for crowd control. if you get the ball part to go through an enemy then you can stunlock them (or stagger them in the case of bosses)

unleash magic is also pretty good for a pure caster but it comes really late (aldia's keep but actually later since you need to show navlaan the feather you get from dragon aerie)

also the dlc can be a grind since the enemies have a lot of magic resistance, it's not as bad if you're a pure sorcerer since you'll probably be maxing out your magic damage but you want to get all of the amber herb/wilted dusk herb items from merchants before you go to the dlcs

>fallen knight set

like pottery

oh and soul geyser is in aldia's keep, in the room with the dogs and the orange shit on the floor which breaks your equipment

T-thanks!
Fixed some small details. I think I'm done with it for good this time.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Dark"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" Souls 2

11/10 man.

>brags about doing Ancient Dragon flawlessly
>dies on the jump

just realised the plunging attack animation you do on herald legion knights is the same one you do to ancient wyvern

I'm trying to level up in the dark moon blade covenant in ds1. What is the best location to do this? I figured anor londo might be good because of the ring invasions but it isn't very helpful.

Is doing a spellsword build fun in DS1? It was a blast in DS2 and kinda alright in DS3

just CE or farm a gorillion ears from the crows in Ariamis

CE?
And I forgot you can do that with the crows. I guess I could try that way even if it is more fun to just kill people.

So once in done leveling up in it, is there any covenant in particular that is good for a very high int build?

CE = Colectors Edition =Cheat Engine
i dont think you could get enough online interactions besides the garden

CE=Cheat Engine
And no, there is no covenant for INT stuff

Spells will never be as fun as they were in DaS2. It was in a prototyping stage in DaS1 anyways, you couldn't get Sunlight Blade and DMB on the same character unless it was in NG+, and fire weapon buffs also didn't exist yet. If you wanted to buff with magic, MLGS was better in every way.

All elemental fusions cap at 40?

Alright boys I have a 120 pure str, a 120 quality, and a 120 pure faith build

What should I do next

Magic.
Or Dark Sorcery.

i've spent two fucking hours farming for blacksteel katanas and i haven't even gotten one. is it worth it, lads?

>dark sorcery
Oh boy sure will be fun only using one generic ranged spell for the whole game.

Dex/Int Hybrid.

I think Chaos and Dark cap at 30/30. But yes, at the very least Crystal, Simple, Blessed and Lightning softcap at 40 Int and 40 Faith, respectively. Same applies to unique weapons with Int/Fai scaling like Wolnir's, Sunlight Straight Sword, MLGS, etc.

Pyro

Yes.
And I have Alonne Knight and Blacksteel Katanas to fucking throw everywhere.

SL60-70, 80dex, 60Int, 40/40 pyro/hex

Welcome to Dark Souls 3!

All those spells are useless until you get real shitload of attunement and gear for more casts. DaS2 casters are all about spamming cheap spells.

The Darkmoon ring doesn't work that well (illusorywall.tumblr.com/post/108900316179/dark-souls-1-how-the-darkmoon-invasion-ring-works), it's better to invade instead. Just check which post-AL areas are active (dscmstat.us/) and invade there. Darkmoons downwards invasion range is huge, so you can level up to SL100 and still invade NG sinners.

F L A W L E S S
I still like ENB
and his sister is cute

Sage Crystal Staff any good in 3?

if you're going for a pure caster you have lots of points left over for attunement, it's not unreasonable to go for 50 or even 75 attunement if you're only using spells

also the ring you get from ng+ najka helps a lot with having more attunement slots

>Dark Sorcery
-Slow dark homing orb
-Upgrade to slow homing orb
-Five small highly homing slow orbs
-Really big and slow homing orb
-Overhead slash with good tracking

If you constantly use the WA it outperforms CSS. But if you care about your FP, you'll just use CSS instead.

It's pretty good. Really good damage, and it really throws off opponents, especially the ones that run because all the dark spells speed up the further they travel.

Ds2 and ds1 were the same. All you had to spam was dark orb and you could brake the game.

Why the fuck is this thing in DS3?
There's only 4 dark miracles (offensive) which are the Gnaws that barely scale, Dead Again which is useless and Lifehunt Scythe which, guess what, sucks.
It doesn't even boost the Dark Blade buff.

W H Y

Can anyone help me with Oceiros? At SL52.

I can gnaw him but at only 10 ATT I have to split my estus pretty heavily, and his dumb charge attacks aren't helping. I'd use a bandit knife but I don't have access to the bleed infusions or rouge.

PC, pass is dsg.

It's also just barely better than Sunless Talisman in terms of spell buff, and the latter has poisecasting.

It's the only thing which can cast scaling dark miracles properly. Just like the izalith staff is the only thing to cast dark sorceries.
Otherwise the crystal chime would outclass them both.

>don't have access to the bleed infusions
Literally how, you get it in Irithyll Dungeon.

And I guess I'll come, it'll give me an excuse to boot up DaS3.

>but I don't have access to the bleed infusions or rouge
Go through the catacombs you loser

What NG cycle?

>It's the only thing which can cast scaling dark miracles properly
Yeah but there are no dark miracles worth using, that's the problem with DS3, dark had potential but we have pretty much no options for miracles and hardly any for sorceries

>scaling dark miracles
That's the whole point. He just pointed out how the only 4 miracles that scale with it either don't effectively scale (Gnaws), or are useless (the other 2).

but I haven't even done farron keep yet. I felt like seeing if I could punch dancer to death so I did, and now I kinda just want to get PC early.

regular NG

Wew, let's hope we make it