General retardation

newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/d/bmw-m3/6488673865.html

newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/d/bmw-m3-coupe/6486098960.html

newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/d/bmw-m3/6483007368.html

what the fuck is this shit? i just don't understand. are people that fucking stupid to ask such a ridiculous price for a 20+ year old bimmer??

Other urls found in this thread:

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/BMW/M3/Middletown OH-45042?zip=45042&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&sortBy=derivedpriceDESC&firstRecord=0&endYear=2005&modelCodeList=M3&makeCodeList=BMW&searchRadius=75
miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/d/1999-bmw-e36-m3-manual-coupe/6490867594.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>odometer
>81
>RECENTLY REPLACED

No

Literally every E36 M3 owner thinks their car is gold after being featured on BringATrailer every other week. Never mind that E46 M3s aren't much more money, BMWs age like spoiled milk so even the "nice" E36s will still leave you replacing aged out rubber/plastic bits, and their performance isn't THAT good in 2018. Most of those cars won't sell or will be on the market for a long time until the owners accept a offer between $5-9000 (not counting cars with 5-digit odo figures and rare options/packages). Blame the Bring a Trailer crowd (speculators) and BMWs aging like fucking spoiled milk (rust, headgaskets/timing chains/diffs at high miles, suspension pickup points tearing out, electrical issues from harnesses flexing from opening/closing doors and trunks and fraying insulation, rubber/plastic needing to be replaced every 50-100k miles or it'll drive like ass or you won't shut your sunroof/put your window up).

For what you pay and get there's far better FR Sports Cars. Fuck, if you caught me spending $15k on a E36 M3 just fucking shoot me and I owned one. I listed mine for $9000 and ended up taking $6000 after replacing most rubber/plastic bits in the suspension that wore out with age and had brand new Kosei K1s and Federal 595RSRRs.

You know what $15k buys you? A used 40-70k mile BRZ/FRS that'll give you at least 5+ years of fun with only oil changes that'll need to be done in that time. A decent AP2 S2000 (while still overpriced and I'd personally get a $10k AP1, they're fun and FAR FAR FAR more reliable and better performing). 3 NC Miatas/RX8s. Two 350Zs. A used Evo/STi that'd roll any of those cars up like a blunt and smoke it. You know what I wish I bought? A $10k AP1 or a $7k NC/350Z. You know what I'm buying next? A $15k Evo.

$15k also gets you a E46 M3 which is better than any of the cars you listed

Yeah but then you're dealing with the same issues a used E36 will have, just change out rust and electrical issues for rod bearing wear, valve adjustments (probably never done lmao)/VANOS, and SMG pumps (if you got a automatic).

Oh, and the interiors are way nicer at least, they don't fall the fuck apart like a used E36 will.

I mean you could also go for a 370Z for $15k. Which is A LOT like a E46 M3 in performance. It won't have that cute ///M badge on the back but it's 5-10 years newer, won't have any major issues, and will perform all day long if not better once you change the pads and do cooling mods (brake ducts, oil cooler, high temp brake fluid). They're 200lbs lighter than the BMW with the same power and a way more reliable engine.

I'm just soured by owning a old German car. My current daily is a WRX Wagon and it held up way better than my M3. Turbo Subarus aren't known for their reliability either and I still put 3 track days on it where it didn't skip a beat.

at those prices and considering the e36 is now over 25 years old
why do burgers still show interest in their (((M)))3 and don't just import a real eurospec one?

>Kosei K1s and Federal 595RSRRs
lmao, no wonder you got jack shit for your car and thus are mad as fuck
congratulations on scaring away all the boomers that pay OP's prices
with your boiracer wheels

>boiracer wheels

lol okay

maybe if you spend $1000 on oem ltws instead you'll get $20,000 for a 20 year old bmw

its a shit car more because it spent most of its time on jackstands being worked on than it did actually being driven because bmws age like fucking milk compared to anything japanese

Oh wait so you mean you have to actually do your own maintenance on a high strung 3.2 engine? Damn that sucks guess i'll have to stick to 1.6 liter corollas because i'm a mechanically inclined retard.

it''s not about price
you could have gotten double the money selling the car on winter steelies and your wheels separately
when a boomer sees an ad with japanese wheels on a euro car plus performance tires he immediately
assumes, and probably rightfully so, it was owned by a teenager thrashing it in the shopping mall's parking lot

I'm not saying anything about the quality and required maintenance of the car

just pointing out how retarded you were by scarring away the "collectors" crowd
and being forced to sell far under value

another factor as to why they are priced high is because its here in Connecticut.

a lot of E36s and 90s cars here are plagued with rust. Also there's no point to buy an E36 M3. Just buy a 325is

It was on both wheelsets, had high-end parts (UUC Shifter Kit and TCKline SA Coilovers), and literally a huge list of parts with work freshly done and documentation, all OEM parts or OEM equivalent.

I wasn't the only E36 that sat on CL for a long time btw.

>having to do valve adjustments every 30,000 miles like a sportbike including calculating what size shim you need to insert
>honda engines just have you adjust the valves every 100k using a screwdriver on the rocker and won't die if you never do it
>honda engines don't have bearing wear issues with the same "high strung motors" (f20c)

>You know what $15k buys you? A used 40-70k mile cuckmobile/vapemobile that'll give you at least 5+ years of sadness

>lower powered engine requires less maintenance than a high output engine
w e w
>spending 1 hour in adjusting valves once per every 2 years is something so hard because i'm a mechanically inclined retard!

>had high-end parts
you still don't get it user
the value of the parts doesn't matter to a "collector"
the simple fact that it has been modified with aftermarket parts
makes him think that it has been mistreated and thus losing all interest in your car
they'd rather spend $25k on a clean stock car than $5k on a boiracers project car with $20k in "performance" parts

You think that’s bad? Look up e30 M3 prices.

>lower powered engine
>f20c
>120 hp/liter

>USDM
>E36 M3
>"High strung"

Pick two.

he's talking about the e46 though

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/BMW/M3/Middletown OH-45042?zip=45042&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&sortBy=derivedpriceDESC&firstRecord=0&endYear=2005&modelCodeList=M3&makeCodeList=BMW&searchRadius=75

You should see how much EAG tries to sell shit for. The fuckers buy up all of them in the area and jack prices up.

>buying an E36 M332i
>not importing a real M3

Your "real M3" is also 3.2L retarded kraut

Someone posted this one the otherday. Probably the most overpiced car I've seen on craigslist. Worse than the 25k 20 year old stanced JDM or the 10k rusted out muscle car shell:

miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/d/1999-bmw-e36-m3-manual-coupe/6490867594.html

I used to own an E36 M3. It sucked because I just knew in Europe the real E36 M3 was out there, and we got the cucked version....

It was still fun fuck the haters

you're a retard

That was me

and it makes 80 more hp
because it's a real sports engine and not just a stroked m52

Yep