V6 confirmed a shit

V6 confirmed a shit

youtube.com/watch?v=qGrtbd9cdEU

checked, i've been waiting for someone to post it here desu

REV

the V6 is a packaging compromise. about the length of an I4 but wider. the V configuration also leaves room for forced induction on top or on the lower half of engine bay.

I'd still rather have a NA V6 over a turbo 4

He also confirmed V8 is shit too. We are in the I4 era now

a lot of his arguments assume transverse mounted engines. Longitudinally, V configs are fine.

No he shitposted the 2.3l mustang

he left out mentioning turbo much to push his point, in reality most people would rather work on the longitudinal V6 model over the Turbo 4, especially after both engines rack up some miles.

why is this muppet yelling at me

because you havent revved up your engine

scotty i loved you
now you betray me

Well the old fart does have a point. It's ridiculous how so many people seem to need "muh V6/V8" only to use it virtually as a mobility scooter to go and buy groceries, only to complain about mpgs and repair costs. At the end of the day it's simply another form of pointless badge whoring.

it's not like he's convincing those people, they already the cheapest econobox that moves.

>Trashes V6's
>Praises inline 6's in the comments
Scotty is truly /our guy/

UP

YOUR

>motor

ENGINES

Pushrod v8 is objectively the easiest engine to work on

AE86 is the best car since it ran on 4 cylinders.

IT'S

Single cylinder 2 stroke is objectively the easiest engine to work on

But why would you?

Soon there will be no choice but turbo i4s. NA is already like a special feature in modern cars.

T I M E
I
M
E

The V6 is the ultimate normie peasant engine configuration.

It's neither nicely balanced, easy to work on, super economical or provides low end torque. It is an abomination and should be replaced with an inline 4, inline 6 or V8 in almost any case.

>like this toyota

FOR

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAAAAA
Look up any fuggin 2smoke.
>muh 4 stroke
The ktm 690 / husqvarna 701 engine has been built in a amazing way. You don't even have to remove the cam to replace shims.
>muh car engine
N57 with a couple of simple mods is easy to work on and reliable as fug

Wouldn't a pushrod inline 4 be objectively easier still though?
And objectivelyer stiller is a pushrod single cylinder?
And even more objectivelyered stillerer is a sidevalve single cylinder?

>"it has half the pistons on one side, and half the pistons on the other side, so it's smoother and produces more torque"
I'm sure he can turn a wrench, but t ha T's where he should stop.

A

Why not an air-cooled single for max simplicity and cheapness?

Has Scotty ever criticized Toyota /a Toyota?

same here

No because there's no reason to.

If you live in a cuck city, then a 4 popper is just fine, but live in the country, going from a i4 to a v6, its impossible to go back. Just having power at all rpms is difficult to give up, you no longer need to build up momentum to go up a large hill. The way a v6 produces power is MUCH better than in 4 banger, even if it is turbo charged.

The main fail of Toyota is their design, which makes many people hesitant to buy Toyotas, but Scotty is a mechanic so he simply doesn't mention it

No. Pushrods are less complex in v formation engines

the exact reason I bought my 1990 ford probe LX over the GT turbo

>split pin crankshafts
is there any production v6 without this abomination of a crankshaft design?

*please do not ring bell*

OHV single cylinder air cooled> OHC single air cooled