/simg/ - Simulation Games General

*tips* edition

Previous attempt at a thread: >DCS: Do not buy mirage and newer modules from steam, because you can't use them in stand-alone.TeamSpeak
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/SimulationGamesGeneral

>BMS U3 Setup and stuff
mega.nz/#F!vxd2ia5Z!Dis_Nz7NlgzXqscADeUDew

>Repository of various aviation related material
mega.nz/#F!vxd2ia5Z!Dis_Nz7NlgzXqscADeUDew

>Planes pastebin
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tanks pastebin
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat/Submarine pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Link to this OP text
pastebin.com/dCNrq5CU

>Example of welcome games
>Flight Sims
Falcon BMS, DCS: World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum
>Driving Games
Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, Euro Truck Sim, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, DiRT Rally, OMSI 2
>Ground Sims
SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Graviteam Tactics, Squad
>Submarine Sims
Silent Hunter, Ship Simulator, Cold Waters, Dangerous Waters
>Misc Sims
Command: X, Swat 4

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/ /cwg/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ACYB1XNs04w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

someone want to play BMS?

first for fuck migs

FIRST FOR CLIPS

Fourth for russian bias

aryans

you fucking nigger

bms is shit

canards make everything sexier

RAF WHEN?

unf

someone post sukhoiwave

Stop baiting craig

user from last thread, need that aesthetic'd Su-25 with the text that says "WARCRIMES"

Never crash me or my son's plane ever again

tfw my original sukhoiwave pic with the su27 got lost when i formatted my hard drive. it wasnt as good as my su24 tho i guess

here

kys

Where can I fly the Crusader and crash all the time while trying to land on carriers?

More aesthetic pics please

IL-2 OPS

OPS & TENDIES

mad ?

New screenie. Lookin real good.

oh bby yes pls

Hol' up

I got you senpai

I think

Looks good, too bad I'm no longer buying it until they fix TGP's.

Or this

doesnt it have a ground ray-da?

No, it doesn't.

It has a camera on the nose tip.

No. Only the AV-8B II Plus has the A/G radar. We're getting Night Attack variant which has built in FLIR instead.

We're getting the radar equipped version later though. RAZBAM is waiting for ED to finish ground radar.

that is one fat mig21

What games can I play Korean War era jets in?

DCS
MiG Alley 1999
IL2 with mods

>no ICBM/surface-surface missile launching simulator

>DCS
>Korean War Jets

Xplane vs p3d?

You've got two m8. Nobody uses them but they're still there.

No we don't

We have post-Korea versions of jets that fought in the Korean War.

The MiG 15bis and F-86F-35 did not see action in Korea

Oh, well the shoe fits so I don't care.

Quick rundown how do korea and these variants differ?

CTRL + ALT + backspace

hmmm

MiG 15 bis has a more powerful engine over the regular version and could carry bombs while the regular one could not.

The F-86A differed quite a bit from the F-35
The A had slightly shorter wings, but also had leading edge slats that gave it decent low speed and low alt manovuerability. The F-35 version also has bells and whistles the A did not such as LABS and the capacity to carry the GAR-8

Thanks!
Was thinking if they aren't different much people could just limit armament in multiplayer and call it a korean jet, but it's nono in that case

Especially in the case of the Sabre, the airframe is different enough and the flight charactaristics aren't the same. The F has a higher stall speed than the A for example, but also a higher top speed

I have a question about the Mig-29.

I'm having problems landing it. Every other plane I can land just fine that I own. I can land the F-5. I can land the Mig-21, I can land the F-15, I can land the flanker.
Something about the Mig-29 is causing me to roll off the runway and crash every time. Even if I cut all the engines and take my hand off the stick, when I touch down I'm always at a really high velocity and the rolling doesn't slow it down.

Why?

That sounds very weird
Wind is active on mission maybe?
Use your rudder to correct it
I can't think of anything else

Adding to this, I can land the M2000C. It's just the Mig-29 that seems to have problems slowing down after touching down on the runway.

This is true, but I'm landing on Kutatsi's 07 runway. Wind is 5 at 90.

Weird
You need some miggers, I can't fly anymore, so wait for miggers to wake up, because I can't remember if landing is okay or not
Did you try using parachute?

>Use your rudder to correct it
I misread your comment
I thought you were rolling off to the side
Press Right Control+Enter and make sure brakes are working

>literally not a single bmp was posted last thread
Is this, dare I say it, the end of the BMPposting?

Okay, I actually managed to land it at

I tried drag chute, but every time I went around it wouldn't deploy. I don't know why. Maybe there's a speed it has to be used under?
It finally deployed on the last attempt with less than 1000KG fuel remaining. Which marks my only successful landing with the 29.

BMP-chan is stuck!
Would you help her?

try it under ~250

For Su-25T
>Limit for drogue chute deployment is 300km/h.

Wew

What's your approach speed?

Wait were there OPS?

missed it lad
soz

Ah. So the trick is just go slower.
I'll try, the correct AoA for landing in the Mig-29 is the yellow notch on the AoA indicator, right?

No, you speed is fine. That's the speed you should be approaching the runway at, but not the speed you land at. Throttle should be idle when the wheels touch, and you should keep the nose up for aerodynamic braking.
It may help for you to extend the speed brake after touching down.
The yellow notch in the AOA indicator is a caution range, not your approach target.

It could also be that you're trying to land at a short airport, and the MiG just can't stop in time.... what airport is this?

Kutatsi and Kobuleti
I was able to land at Kutatsi after my fourth time, but only after I was at

Those should both be adequate airports.
>assuming you're not landing downtown Kutaisi
Next question. How far down the runway are you touching down?

We might need a video or webm.

Past the touchdown marker.
All I have are track files at this point, sadly. Replays don't seem to work real well for me.

I will say, a couple of times I did go too far down the runway. But I should be able to do a half-runway landing at either of those, right?

I literally do not understand how its possible for you to not be able to land the MiG-29. It's literally on rails and snaps to the runway.

Literally just land slower, 350 is way to fucking fast. Land and slam the breaks and parachute. Its too easy for there to be 20 posts about this.

Is there a trick to detecting ground units via passive sensors? like DTV or FLIR?

Because I don't have this problem with any other plane that I own, so I didn't know if this was just a MiG thing or a pilot thing.

just slow the fuck down nigga

Space is fun
Kerbal is fun
Squad is fun

Said no one ever...

SABOW is fun

/simg/'s theme song: youtu.be/ACYB1XNs04w

Chorus:
Because we are pilots, the sky is our home.
First things first, airplanes.
And Girls? Girls later.

The F-86F with a 6-3 wing saw service in Korea. Not necessarily the F-35, but the variants with that wing type saw service.

>girls later
Yeah boi pussy first

Homosexuality is a sin, user. Repent or you will go to hell.

Ok I will be a good boy and become a priest and practice homosexuality in the good way that doesn't land me in hell

>The MiG 15bis did not see action in Korea

>An improved variant, the MiG-15bis ("second"), entered service in early 1950
>In the following days, both sides traded punches, with Captain Nikolay Yefremovich Vorobyov shooting down the F-86A of Captain Lawrence V. Bach in his MiG-15bis on 22 December 1950.
>4 July 1952: A few seconds after shooting down 1st Lieutenant M. I. Kosynkin, future ace Captain Clifford D. Jolley was forced to eject out of his crippled F-86E after being caught by surprise by MiG-15bis pilot 1st Lieutenant Vasily Romanovich Krutkikh
>Between 21:50 and 22:30 on 10 June 1952, four MiG-15bis attacked B-29s over Sonchon and Kwaksan.
etc. etc.

there we goo. i lost both psd and pngs for both my sukhoiwave pics and wanted to see if someone saved. thanks bro.

Absolutely heretical.

Hopefully the depression or AIDS killed them by now.

we left the message

Co-pilot plugin in XP11 is pretty fun

absolute maximum fucking degeneracy.

how many dudes did you ralf today?