Cars will never be this good ever again

cars will never be this good ever again
how does this make you feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2139837-Build-Quality-of-the-F10-vs-E39
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pretty good actually, I don't have the money for newer cars, so knowing I'm not missing out on much and having awesome cars fall right into my price bracket is good.

>this good
Slow, unreliable, and expensive to maintain?

literally the best 4 door car of all time
naturally aspirated V8
timeless design
manual only
no electrical assistance
great handling and balance
great ergonomics and interior quality

This, german cars are overrated shit

decently quick with good handling, four doors, and a manual transmission is a combination you will NEVER EVER see again EVER

it's not in the interest of customer image and cost efficiency...very few people who buy fast cars don't want to look like they're driving them, and poor people who can only afford one car and need four doors can get fucked and compromise - nice cars are for people rich enough to own two

The M5 is fast, while the 5 series is pretty reliable and not expensive to maintain, it's not all 3 at the same time.

C U T T T E

>decently quick with good handling, four doors, and a manual transmission is a combination you will NEVER EVER see again EVER
Other cars that fit this description
>Civic Type R
>WRX STi
>ATS-Vsport
Looks like we saw it again.

Only the Subaru is worth anything of those

Never be a new car in the US manufactured without an infotainment system again, so there's that.

>no electrical assistance
>Servotronic, Anti-lock brakes, EML (fly-by-wire) throttle control and Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) were standard

Wrong.

you forgot sublime,amazing design and good build quality

>ugly
>ugly/bad interior
>sub par interior/CUE

BMW's build quality is shit especially compared to lexus and the interior is just plastic with fake wood same as any shit from that era. good to know we will see exactly that combination but just not to a nostalgia fags liking though.

the wood is 100% real and M5's come with extended leather aka leather wrapped everything.
get educated pleb

you're not serious are you
if you don't have hands-on experiance with an e39 you can use google or ask around
here i'll do it for you
bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2139837-Build-Quality-of-the-F10-vs-E39

So it just gets worse from there, huh?

REEEEEEE.

Dear God, big governments and normies/women ruin everything

It does indeed but we should give the E60 a honorable mention for it's naturally aspirated V10 and optional manual tranny. It even came as a wagon, how about that?

I draw the line at the E60/E90 series when it comes to BMW. Things were a bit off, with really heavy, needlessly tech-filled barges that somehow handled OK and had really good engines. Those cars still had the potential to turn back to the light but nope.

All the technology and know-how in the world and they can't make it as good as the much simpler models from 'round 'bout a decade ago.

yeah, that V10 was something else. I just doesnt like the rest of it. Gearbox was a little too agressive, nowhere near as clean looking as the E39

is that a conversion or an illegal import?
the ram has a californian plate and the us didn't get the wagon e60s (i think)

I wouldn't know, my man.

The E90 M3 and E60 M5 were pretty funny cars, they had fucking amazing engines that sounded godly, but pretty much everything else about them was worse than the previous generations.

I fully agree. Even the styling was one step forward, two steps back. Too vulgar, specially on the E90.

can we at least agree that this is the godmachine?

oh my god i love that lineup so much
purest masterpieces, all of them

it is
only porsche 911 can match it in terms of pure driving machine-ness

Did the CSL ever have a manual transmission?

Still, I remember fantasizing about buying an used E46 and eventually getting CSL bits and pieces for it.

it was a cool car.

I just wish it was more reliable.

nope, SMG II only

This is the 4th or 5th e39 thread I've seen on the board the past couple days. Now, don't get me wrong, I love the e39 and I own one, and I think it is one of the best cars ever, but why is this suddenly happening?

this isn't "suddenly" happening
e39 and chevy SS are generally considered as the best 4 doors ever

e30 now too expensive, e46 never got cheap enough.

20k buys you one of those. I think they'll start rising in value pretty soon.

Feels fine desu I just mod this v body into the ground it's basically GM equivalent of a 90s BMW but nobody outside of diehard fans or Aussies give a shit