I`ve started to drive more and more recklessly, how do I go back to not driving like a cunt again?

I`ve started to drive more and more recklessly, how do I go back to not driving like a cunt again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs
youtu.be/lSU1eFxgr68?t=1m
youtube.com/watch?v=QnUHBX7CuBU
youtube.com/watch?v=WbFXxWedPik
youtube.com/watch?v=gy1B3agGNxw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You don’t
You didn’t choose this life, it chose you

I believe this is true. I just can't help it anymore.

Can't help you out with that one but i can help you out with a new driving song.
youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs

listen to more relaxed and smooth music
this is pretty good

Listen to classical music Everytime you're in car and get a loud vehicle with average power (around 200hp/200 lbs/ft torque). It won't stop you but it'll help you go easy

The main problem is that most classical music stations are NPR and as soon as the NPR part comes on it'll make you slam the brakes so you can engage in property destruction and aggravated assault.

Really? It seems to be working for me regardless of their shows

You might be in the initial stages of it. I originally took to it because it was so pleasantly mind-numbing, but eventually this resulted in SSRI-style psychotic breaks.

It might be the case that your particular local station has exceptional programming. Some of them are really quite good and others intensely maddening.

Different user but here's my serious response - Listen to chill anime beats. Or chill instrumental hip-hop beats or whatever you wanna call it. It works every time for me to calm down and have a fun chill time driving. Here are some of my personal recommendations:

youtu.be/lSU1eFxgr68?t=1m

youtube.com/watch?v=QnUHBX7CuBU

youtube.com/watch?v=WbFXxWedPik

Put some more things like that on your phone and you're good to go

Get a vehicle that is horrific-tier slow, something like a 70s-80s Mercedes n/a diesel. Sub-70hp will make sure you can't speed ahead of anyone or even catch up to people.

OP here, I do listen to classical music sometimes, I find that music has little effect on me in this sense. I also drive a sub 100hp diesel shitbox. I blame Veeky Forums for turning me into this. I was a better, or at least more sensible driver when I was an anxious beginner.

Get a sub and blast shit like this
youtube.com/watch?v=gy1B3agGNxw

I have the same problem. My shitbox is slow as fuck. My dad taught me to be a very careful, safe, and smooth driver but over the years I've been pushing those boundaries. I still feel very in control of my car, I'm a very aware driver, and feel like I'd never get in an accident but I'm so much more reckless.
I only realized it when I recently drove some friends around and the girls were complaining about my driving. I try to tone it down when I have passengers now so they don't freak out.

>smooth
You have to get it to where they compliment you on how smooth it is. Otherwise, you're not smooth yet.

Hmmm okay, I think I realize that now. I have something new to work on then

double-checked and even normies can feel when it's smooth because most drivers who drive shit cars with shit suspension and shit pedals just crank and stom it all over the road.

There was a chap whose early-era dashcam videos of his nurembergmeme driving and salient discussions thereafter gave me good insight into what "smooth" was supposed to mean. Upsetting the chassis is for when you need to get it to move in a way it hadn't wanted to.

having more relaxed music usually helps.

I usually listen to older country music and even sing along to it sometimes. Makes me more calm on the commutes home and less aggressive with the niggerfaggots that cut me off or are too stupid to cross a yellow light.

I mean my shitbox's suspension isnt too kind. Are you saying even with crappy suspension and roads you should still be able to be smooth

It's a horror show. All the modern shitboxes do is encourage people to have no sense of how to drive at all.

Of course you should be able to be smooth on crappy roads eiwht a clapbox. But you can't learn how to do that without either driving something better or at least taking it out to the snowy parking lot and learning how to make things work.

classical music? are you sure?
Remember this part? they are driving 120mph+ to classical music here

Do whatever I did. I've seriously slowed down my driving compared to a year or so ago. I think it's probably a number of factors.
First, I got my RX-8 running. In comparison to my previous commutermobile, it's a vastly superior car, with more luxuries and a lot more speed. Because of this, I started off driving it with the same inputs I gave my commutermobile. That resulted in me crapping my pants every time I checked the speedometer. Eventually, I got used to just driving that way. However, that tends to catch up to you in the form of cops. I started noticing more and more cops around me/following me than I used to have. I had one or two that I'm 99% sure would have pulled me over if traffic hadn't saved my butt. That's what really did it, is realizing that cops are absolutely out there and will slam you with tickets at any opportunity.
Another factor that helped was just driving a car that is a good driver's car. I don't have to drive flat out through a canyon to have any amount of fun, I can cruise nice and casual and focus on smoothness and driving skillfully rather than quickly. There's a lot more personal satisfaction in hitting an absolutely flawless line at half pace compared to barely surviving a full speed run. I'm certain that I'll end up getting stupid again as I relearn the roads better and I can run a perfect line at higher and higher speeds, but at least for now that change in focus has me temporarily slowed down.
Another thing that could help if you're really determined is to attempt some bodywork on a panel from the junkyard. After trying to pull a dent out you'll quickly realize that you really, really don't want to put a large dent in your car.

i find i drive more sensibly i'm listening to a podcast

What crash videos. If that doesn't work, just wait until you crash. That will slow you down for a bit.

Grow up.

fuck you grampa

This OP.
Getting in a close call or a crash will get you driving safely again. The severity of the crash will determine for how long.