Cheap useful things

What are things you can buy for your car that are inexpensive but make driving a better experience?

I bought some water repellent (rainx) and holy shit it works well. It wears off after a few weeks if you've been using your wipers a lot but it takes 5 minutes to reapply. I was driving in a storm yesterday and I could see out like it wasn't even raining. I bought a cheap squeegee thing to wipe off my side mirrors, and once I get moving nothing sticks. All in all, it was a well spent $10 total and is way safer than before.

Is there anything else you've found is useful and inexpensive? A decent tire pressure gauge falls into this category. Oil changes and tire rotation count too I guess.

All the best mods done to my car were the cheapest ones.
>shifter/transmission bushings did more to improve feel than a short throw
>gas pedal extension made heel-toe downshifting much easier
>stiffer exhaust hangars stopped the exhaust from banging against the chassis over bumps

>gas pedal extension

Did you buy a booster seat too so you can see over the steering wheel?

> Dedicated USB stick for the stereo.
> Swiped a tray from work for my work gear
It works way better than the shitty plastic 'crates' they sell. Harder-wearing, tough plastic, rough surface on the underside to grip the carpet.
> Pressure gauge and foot pump
Saves driving the car to places just to put money into a machine to check and adjust tire pressures.
> Microfibre cloth
Way easier to deal with than the chamois leather, and can be washed when it gets oily.

What kind of foot pump do you have? I was considering getting a 12v powered pump but they look flimsy

I have no idea. I just bought a decent one off Amazon that had good reviews. That was three years ago, and it hasn't died from occasional use yet.

A 12v pump is absolute laziness and is no excuse for draining your car's battery.

>Saves driving the car to places just to put money into a machine to check and adjust tire pressures.
The fucking jews. Where I live every gas station has an air pump and a water hose that you can use for free.

I had to foot pump a flat 245/75R16 tire in 95°f, 90% humidity, midday sun with a dual action Dunlop foot pump.

I got it up to 20PSI before I limped it to a gas station because I had 45 more PSI to go before it was to spec.

Make sure your work truck still has its spare tire boys

Or you know, you could leave the car running while running the compressor.

A manual pump to fill car tires is pants on head retarded

>A manual pump to fill car tires
I don't use it to fill from empty, just occasional top-ups due to leakage over time.
My first car had a dented wheel rim, so it lost pressure on one wheel, and had to have it re-inflated every week or two.

yeet savage bruhs

>foot pump

Or just get a decent 12V compressor to air up your tires.

What is this foot pump peasantry, and what kind of babby tires do you have that a foot pump would suffice?

>KO2s running 60PSI
>trying to pump these with a foot pump

Again, occasional top-ups. I don't want to drain my battery or start the engine only to idle it, because I value my car's long-term survival.

Literally 2-3 minutes idling AT THE MOST to top up your tires. I can squeeze about 10PSI into my already rock hard A/T tires with my compressor.

To each his own I guess. But I find your reasoning quite retarded.

And FYI, you don't ever run systems for more than 5 minutes without your car running. No stereo, inverter, pump, etc. without your alternator charging it up. That's just common sense.

2-3 minutes isn't enough to recharge your battery after starting.

Why are you so afraid of a little manual labour?
Why do you insist on buying expensive items for an occasional task?
Are your roads scattered with nails and screws that you have to reinflate tires that often?

What kind of shit tier battery do you have in your shitbox lol?

Why do you insist on being a poor and stupid Luddite?

Are your finances spread so thin you can't afford to spend $30 on an invaluable tool that will last you a lifetime?

Have fun standing on the side of the road squishing a pump with your foot while I blow by at 100mph getting road-head from your mom on my perfectly inflated tires.

You have to be 18 to post here.

Good thing I'm 28 and fuck your mom on the reg.

>stiffer exhaust hangars
Just cable tie the rubbers. Does the same job.

why not just seal it?

Because it was a 15 year old car and hasn't been mine for three years, since I sold it after buying a newer car that was much more reliable.

>Or just get a decent 12V compressor to air up your tires.

Any recommendations?

Clutch stop about a half inch past the engagement point. I no longer have to deal with all the dead space between the floor and where the clutch begins to bite
>$3 in parts from the hardware store

???
Since when does idling a car destroy it? What does sitting in traffic do?

Also piles wear on the engine without doing miles like it should. Especially when it's not been warmed up properly.

>Also piles wear on the engine without doing miles like it should.
>Car destroys itself doing what 100% of cars in large cities do when they're on the road

Bravo "engineers"!

I've had a 15amp Slime Pro compressor for the last 6 years and used it a ton. Aluminum body, built in analog pressure gauge, presta and schrader adapters, coiled extension and a really long cord so you can run it around the vehicle. Fills really quickly too, some of the weaker ones that are like 10amps take forever to add a few PSI.

I got this at Costco and wasn't expecting it to be anything amazing, but I was really surprised at how well it's made. Paid $65.00 Canadian dollarydoos.

Sticky mat thing for putting things on the dashboard.
USB cigarette lighter plug for charging shit.
Microfibre cleaning cloth.

I didn't realize that was a cord and I was wondering what the fuck the big green tube was

I know it aint what you're after, but I use a Ryobi 18v air compressor. Don't have to bother with plugging it into the cigarette lighter, the machine itself weighs less, and you can just set the desired pressure and let it do all the work

The cons are ofcourse that you have to keep the batteries charged, and that it might be a bit more expensive than a cheap 12v compressor

Is there a separate charger for the batteries?

It has a short black hose about 16" long, but after that you can screw on that green coil hose and get another 36" of reach. The power cord is probably 4-5 feet long too.

Yes, it's part of the Ryobi family of tools. The battery Jew requires you to have at least one charger, but you'll probably have to buy another one. If you get a drill with a battery and charger, it probably only has one charging slot. But if you accumulate a lot of tools (I use Milwaukee), you'll buy another charger with 2-4 slots so you can actually have multiple batteries ready at once. Otherwise you're charging 1 at a time, which is just gay.

Same battery for a big line of tools. Thats why I have it, as I've got quite a few tools that run on it, and I plan to have a work lamp also in the car on the same battery

>car sitting for 6 hours in the winter while you're out doing winter stuff
>come back
>tire has lost air
>need to fill up
>grab battery pump
>battery is dead from sitting in cold all day

>forced to fumble around with all of this in the dark because you've got one battery for the pump and lamp
>battery doesn't work in either
>while you're busy fucking around with dead battery and tools 10 refugees take the opportunity to sneak up on you
>you're completely outnumbered because it's europe
>you're completely unarmed because it's europe
>your boipucci is completely ravaged because it's dark and you're european

batteries. not even once.

Thats why I charge the two batteries (1.3ah and 4ah) each month

Other than that its a highly likely scenario of which I do not fear, as I am loyal to my government and I will appreciate any opportunity to be culturally enriched

fuckin lol'd

this is why you're one of the only good tripfags on this board

have some tiddies

>15amp Slime Pro compressor
How loud is it? As loud as all those other 12 volt super loud compressors powered from the accessory slot? At 15 amperes draw, that would be quite a bit for some cars' outlets which are rated at 12A max or 10A max.

The standardization of 12V pumps at 7A and 10A is probably due to the need to stay at 10A or lower in order for that model to work with all car accessory outlets.

Political banter is my life juice

Even if this stuff is a growing issue also in Norway... I mean, it aint likely to happen here out in the country where I'm at, but we are starting to have the no-go zones and immigrant ghettoes in Oslo

Atleast its being discussed and all the relevant poltical parties dont want any of that shit, with more measures being put in place (except for the Left, but fuck those idealistic marxist cunts)

>it aint likely to happen here out in the country where I'm at
Your description has similarities to the USA. Out in the country is fairly okay in that the places with cheap or free mass transit for the homeless and slum dwellers are the places that get traveled to by criminals. Then the crimes occur and the criminals go back to where they get social services. It's such a common pattern that it might as well be added to the list of stereotypical situations of American life.

Elec pumps out of newer wrecked cars in the junkyard are usually solid.

Why battery powered tools? It seems like a pain

Should I have got a brake pedal reducer instead? Wait, that doesn't exist. I'm 185cm, stay seething.

>What are things you can buy for your car that are inexpensive but make driving a better experience?

Car floor mats are cheap. They have slightly raised sides to hold in the dirt, water, and slush. There are lots of ridges to keep the shoe soles above the dirt, thus the sides of shoes don't have the grunge creep up higher and higher from pressing down on the grunge.

They are cheap. Nice ones are sold at Sam's Club for $19.97 and I use those. No need for expensive weathertec which doesn't have much on ridges, so the water rolls around on the surface. That's why weathertec needs higher sides. By not having ridges, their generic adjustable molds are vastly simplified to churn out these somewhat smooth mats. I don't like that kind of mat.

There isn't a lot of dirt in my car footwells. Most of the problem is little tiny bits of tarmac that get picked up by my workboots and deposited in the car.
I have to vacuum them up every couple of months, to keep the weight down.

Hahaha get a load of this weakling. I've carried a schwin bicycle pump and used it to fill all kinds of tires for years. Imagine being so pathetic you need electricity to fill up a rubber sack with air for you. Sad!

>political banter is just agreeing with some cuck who endlessly post the same faggot and joking about enjoying rape
wow incredible

Compared to what, air?

I don't have a powerful enough compressor to power a strong impact, or atleast keep it running for longer periods of time. The 400nm Ryobi is also more than powerful enough for me and my use

The drill is a drill, and you can't go wrong with battery powered for those

Angle grinder is more of a tool I use for field work, like working on a rooftop or in the bicycle tracks in the mountain (a lot of rebar from old electric power line fasteners, ski lift masts and such needs cutting)

The circular saw is quite handy for the odd job, especially if I'm doing repairs on a cabin up in the mountains. Then I can just bring the saw, two batteries and planks, cutting them to size on the spot. I could bring the whole electric mitter saw which does ofcourse cut better, but its just simpler with the battery powered circular saw

I can't really justify investing all too heavily in air tools. Corded tools for sure, but even then I tend to go somewhat chaep due to not working with them professionaly. Therefore battery is a very nice middle ground

Raped is a bit strong, as the definition of what rape, sexual assault and so on are is just becoming more and more liberal... but yeah, its an increasing problem, and nearly none of the swedish politicians seem to recognize it as a problem

Shit I got 33*10.5 16s on my 250, both rears used to leak and it I would regularly have to take the leaky rears from 17-45psi. It was a t-handle bike pump, took about 7 minutes per with brakes every 100 pumps. I lived with it for a year before coughing up the $450 for new ones. But then again, I'm not a weak bitch and keep in shape so it wasn't really a huge issue for me.

You pull 15 amps through your ciggie lighter?? Jesus, those wires are like 14-16 gauge. I feel like alligator clips are a better solution...

>Cheap useful things
Microfiber towels to wipe the interior tinted windows. They pull off the oil film that deposits on the insides from the air fresheners.

>while you're busy fucking around with dead battery and tools 10 refugees take the opportunity to sneak up on you
My battery doesn't die. I don't run car accessories and the radio for hours with the engine turned off. I also check the battery periodically with a digital tester.

>I will appreciate any opportunity to be culturally enriched
Sweden crime rates and social welfare usage is gradually changing due to all the migrants it has taken into its cities. The future will show if Sweden can maintain continued costs and changes to social welfare infrastructure. From statistics of other countries, Sweden's low crime rates should gradually increase as the africans breed much faster than swedes. That's the real issue the politicians have to face because once the problem is there, the problem cannot be deported. Just exported to neighbor countries.

I want to buy that spray that doesn't let the windows to fog up.

Smear dish soap on them. A really thin layer of it. Old biker trick courtesy of my dad.

use shaving foam.

>You pull 15 amps through your ciggie lighter??
A lot of people confuse cigarette lighter ports with accessory power ports. They are different. Cig ports are made wiith material that can withstand high heat. There is also some venting construction. Not just the center portion but the sides are also able to take heat because the heater core might not be pulled out by the user for a bit of time. Thus all that heat can build up.

A lot of acc power ports are made with regular plastic and don't have heat venting or high temp materials. They are also wired with smaller wires suitable for either continuous 7A or 10A loads. Your vehicle may allow higher amperages, but you should verify with your manufacturer or at least check the fuse size used for the acc port.

Get a USB adapter for the accessory power port if you don't have one. Also, get an aux audio cable if your car has port.

I am also a big fan of wide angle rear view mirrors.

Come to burgerland where some air machines charge nearly $3 for maybe 2 minutes worth of air

>Why battery powered tools? It seems like a pain
Not him, but you simply must know the benefits of cordless versus corded by now. Your cordless phone lets you go out into the countryside or a parking lot or inside a store and still be able to use your phone. The same with tools. There's a choice of corded (electric, air) versus cordless (battery, gasoline engine).

So battery seems to be a good choice for handheld tools as they can be used at home as well. Your implication that corded tools should be used results in buying duplicate tools. Tthe corded tools are used at home and the cordless tools are used on the road.

Regardless, the need for tools out in the wilds is necessary for some people. So that means battery. It's quiet compared to a gas engine. And it doesn't make exhaust fumes.

I've seen Toyota Hilux that had mods installed for use out in the true wilderness which included an air compressor run by the engine. Thus air tools could be used. But that is too much infrastructure expense for Veeky Forums. Besides, that expensive truck even had winter tires that cost 2500 each.

>nearly none of the swedish politicians seem to recognize it as a problem
That's the problem Sweden's welcoming nature is abused. Those very liberal policies of your country were made for times of normalcy in building a country and having people assimilate into it.

If you live where it snows and the roads are salted, so the Rainx gets fucked in a single day, buy Rainx windshield washer fluid, not completely as good as a fresh coat of rainx, but still really really good, and if you need to use the washers frequently it really helps, i've basically had rainx on my windshield for the whole winter just by using the washers every now and then

>245/75/16
>wanting it at 75PSI

what the fuck are you doing m8

>buy Rainx windshield washer fluid
The RainX washer fluid wasn't recommended for a number of cars that had windshield fluid sensors. The RainX also coated the sensors with water repellant coating. That changed the sensor readings. In some cases, that caused a dashboard light to turn on.

That guy probably has a frenemy that gave him bad advice. If he only looked closely at the tires, it would say max PSI somewhere on it.

Well shit, still, i have a 2010 BMW with a sensor, used 2 tanks of it now and the light only comes on when the fluid level is actually low, but i guess time will tell if i'm truly fucking up my sensor.

tfw you idle the car for 20 minutes in the winter

>Believing your battery will die if you run anything more than 5 minutes
Burger education everybody

All of you idoits are missing out on a very important driving improvement

Ausfag, these are mandatory I'm every VN

IN not I'm fucking phone post

Where did he say he's american, shitskin?

the entire car

Fuck this is a really good idea, my clutch has like ~1/2” of travel when engaging and like 3” extra play. What’d you do?

And another namefag gets filtered.

That's a case of cars having electronics that are surplus to requirements.

The idiocy shows it every single post. Much like yours!

>we have the technology
>lazy if you use it.

And for the killing your battery thing; youre supposed to have your car on... dumbass.

>i have a 2010 BMW with a sensor, used 2 tanks of it now and the light only comes on when the fluid level is actually low

Just google the search term:
rain x washer fluid problems

My new GM car owners manual doesn't mention the brand name, but it says not to use washer fluid that provides a water repellant coating on windshields. Such coatings can also coat the sensor resulting in erroneous readings.

Another namefag to filter. Bye bye.

>you idle the car for 20 minutes in the winter
In my area, that gets your car broken into and carjacked. Some cars have been stolen because thieves wait around in the early morning for people doing just that. As soon as the car owner goes back into the house, they jack the car if it's on their order list for parts chopping.

Lmao Savage bro I didn't know redditors could be so dank, surf them webs safely

What is locking your doors with spare key and putting on steering wheel lock

what cars came with a 12v pump?