/rsg/ - RuneScape General

Next double xp weekend is on September 15th

Previous ded: Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. Requirements: 1500 total, Membership, at least one week active play)

>I've been inactive, what did I miss over the past x years
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Game_updates
>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?15,16,668,65940994
>Latest Update
services.runescape.com/m=news/skilling-outfits-in-minigames--new-chatbox-options

Other urls found in this thread:

runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Revolution/Bars
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calculator:Revolution
youtu.be/bFTP_H3J5no?t=275
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for this few minutes sharing /osg/ felt scary

What is your level in Illusion?

nth for remember that time Linza became a cursed undead monster for eternity to be able to make t60 melee tank armor

remember that we'll be able to make dragon armour after the smithing update wait never mind that'll never happen

dubs confirm

IDK WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do monsters drop cooked food more often now and why is taverly an F2P area? Also why does the tutorial keep changing?

Reroll obviously

>why does the tutorial keep changing
Busywork for new hires who can't handle the spaghetti code.

reroll obviously

reroll obviously

>new hires
Does Jagex even have those?

I got hit by the logout timer making that image.
I can't even get past the level 93 requirement. I am fugged. Dye NEVER

burthorpe and taverley are the new lumbridge so they made it f2p

>Why do monsters drop cooked food more often now
general drop table adjustments
>taverly is f2p
try before you buy philosophy
or something like that
>tut keeps changing
game has changed, original tut island as good as it was was not fully respective of what runegame offered, then the all of the ones that came after that were shit

request assist

get assistance on the skill

gender equality amirite?

They must, considering how high their turnover is.

I see, thanks. Also, combat is so different now that I assume it's okay to level up whatever?

Yes, you'll need all you're combats.
Combat academy in lumby explains how to into new combat,
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Revolution/Bars
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calculator:Revolution
use these to set up bars

you need to level all combat equally, you can't just melee everything anymore

you need balance to kill monsters because weaknesses actually matter now
also prioritize attack over strength

Were graphics recently updated or is High detail much better than Ultra? I switched a few days ago and I'm just now noticing how much better things are looking now.

Oh that's what those element things are. Was confused why it wasn't melee-range-magic. By the way, do we just carry an invisible equip of each skill now? Cutting trees and picking ores without even anything makes me wonder if bronze equipment of them even exists anymore.

you have a toolbelt filled with stuff like hatchets and pickaxes now
you can check it in the equipment tab

Tools are carried on your toolbelt, it's the belt icon in the equipment thing, though once you unlock invention you no longer want your hatchet/pick on there.

couldn't agree more

I have regular crystal tools in my toolbelt and augmented ones outside desu

Nice, was such a small icon that I missed it. Definitely makes things cleaner I guess. Although why don't you want them on there later?

optimally, you should have 3 sets, one perk'd for training, one perk'd for resources, and one for toolbelt

Invention lets you augment tools and add perks to them, tool perks can do stuff like making you mine faster, +x% xp, chance to consume the resource for double xp, chance to autobank at the cost of prayer points, chance to upgrade the resource to a higher tier, etc.
Augmented tools cannot be put on your toolbelt.

At least for the hatchet, the perks for training are the same as the ones for resources. Furnace doesn't work with crystallize, so you'll want Honed 5/Wise 3/Enlightened 3 for both circumstances. I think it's the same case or similar for the pick.

so what is the point in filling the thermometer a bunch of times

slutwear

unlock slutwear

speaking of wise 3/enlightened 3 what are the odds of getting them in a single gizmo?
also is it just 5 seren components?

Not sure what the odds are, but it is 5 seren components. It might be 100%, since the wiki just lists 3 rather than 1-3 like it does for other component combinations.

>another fagget with 5.4b

BRAIN FREEZE

>doing luminous wisps on my alt
>haven't unlocked menaphos
>every minute get a message that i'm not getting menaphos rep because i haven't chosen a faction
reeeeee

if you've unlocked luminous wisps you can unlock menaphos
just go do it

it turns out you can get into sophanem without the quest req using a pharaoh's sceptre

it's a literal 5 minute "quest"

that's a nice spaghetticode fuckup

they used to not require access to sophanem anyway
I'm not sure why they put it inside the city

easyscape doesn't like desert heat

a little ironic considering one of the new quest rewards was immunity to desert heat but the same update made it pointless for divination

>immunity to desert heat
This was a stupid reward that doesn't make any sense. Immersion in this game is beyond fucked, but that's no reason to indiscriminately make it worse.

It's a reward from one of the gods of the desert, it does actually make a sense a little bit faggot.

God magic does not affect us. I guess it could be used to intercept the radiation before it reaches us, but if that sort of interaction was on the table, the other gods would have killed us by now.

It can only affect the WG if they allow it or something, that's why zaros can go into your head.
Also the desert gods aren't technically gods but fragments of them, so they don't meet the threshold.
I'm well aware jagex probably put no thought into it and just added it as a reward because it's beneficial, but it still makes some sense even accidentally

they should've made the reward something like a magical everlasting waterskin that goes on your belt like the ouroboros pouch

>It can only affect the WG if they allow it
This conflicts with Osbourne's statement that the WG cannot become a god. However, T7 god magic might be able to interact with us because they weren't affected by the edicts; it's not really clear. Who is supposed to be granting it, Crondis? I don't recall how it was phrased at the end of the quest and can't find an explanation on the wiki. If so, it might work like the enchanted water tiara and legitimately affect the WG.

ayy

just 50 more user

i'm ready!

I think it was crondis, though it would make more sense if it was a blessing from those three cunts in the waterfall/eledinis
>This conflicts with Osbourne's statement that the WG cannot become a god
God magic effecting the player =/= absorbing elder god jizz which turned you into a god
Blessings and shit should be able to effect the player if they want else prayer as a skill wouldn't work

*turns

so this... is the power of overrides... not bad...

cute

ded

According to Osborne, we can't become gods because god magic can't affect us. From the Death of Chivalry live Q&A transcript:
>Mod Osborne: The player is the World Guardian, given powers by Guthix to nullify the magic of gods. That means the player is the only one on the world who could NOT be a god.
This implies that we cannot become a god even if we wanted to because we would passively nullify our own magic.

However, this can't be true because Saradomin was able to teleport us:
>The power that Guthix gave you protects you from godly power. As you recall from our last encounter, I cannot teleport you against your will. Now, are you ready to proceed?
The thing with Zaros was different, but still confirms the matter of consent:
>Have no fear, World Guardian. I would not enter your mind without consent, nor could I. I have only brought you here. I am outside, looking in.
If Saradomin was able to teleport us and Zaros could enter our minds if we consented, then it follow that we can become gods if the only restriction is the godly magic protection. Unless he's made further clarifications, Osborne's statement directly conflicts with existing game content.

On the subject of desert heat, we were never asked for our consent, but we can probably assume lesser magic was used.

Why are her hands so big

ranging vindicta
yes/no

gwd2 bosses can be done in any style

but is it viable?

for holding big swords

you don't get the healing from scrimshaw of vampyrism but sure

but then I can just walk away from her so I don't get hit much
or can I?

Why are grapes priced so high on the GE?

they're good for extremely fast cooking xp

They are the fastest method of training cooking
Its also why you can make money just by filling jugs, and also make money drinking wine to sell the jugs
Also it makes wine the cheapest food so if you ever need to buy some crap food its a good go to

I'm getting absolutely booty blasted by the twin furies

I have 99 all combat, overloads, a lance, and >Bandos. I can't stay for more than two kills, it feels like I'm about halfway through my kill after the first berserk period

kinda stupid the game berates you though, the whole point of runescape is not to be one of those rpgs

what familiar? vamp scrim would help too

are you saving thresholds for the fire dance?
How long does a good kill take and how long is a bad kill?

if you focus too much on walking away you won't do much damage and she'll keep coming after you anyway
besides what hits the hardest is her ranged attack

post inventory
are you dodging all the special attacks properly?

>250 dead spoders
>only 3 leg pieces

I'm using steel titan while perfecting the movements, nihil is too expensive for how often I end up dying

A good kill for me tends to be a little under two minutes and bad kills can take closer to three

git gud

might as well quit, your luck is now set on your account.

but i can't quit yet, i haven't even comped

ded

post waifus

are you saving tresholds, you can reso the explosion damage to nullify it, as well as devo in air while being pinned so that you don't take any damage
This is a decent kill, my biggest gripe being with using hurricane before the 3rd special begins
youtu.be/bFTP_H3J5no?t=275
In this kill he is fine, but if you miss shit like the cleave or other things on spawn you will need the safety of using hurricane during the fire

>On the subject of desert heat, we were never asked for our consent, but we can probably assume lesser magic was used.
I'd assume it's more similar to a god creating a building or something along those lines, The building wouldn't just disappear if we entered it/we'd walk through the walls, so it's probably godly magic directed at us.

What is the point of goblin raids?
Also, you can't cook at the farm anything? The hell?

Where's the background from? It's nice.

Its the wizard's tower, she hangs out there.

Can somebody tell me how 2 wbs?
I never manage to get more than 50/75 and even that is pretty rare to me.

they can drop gud raider gear which is bis non-degrading f2p stuff and worth quite a bit of gp
also they're an ok source of low level resources which is meaningless unless ironmemes can do them

>Got something for me, Beanpole?

It's funny because penis.

rip