/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Weapon Intros: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Gameplay 7/28: youtube.com/watch?v=m81XclDe5Dc

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. Demo out now. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories comes out 9/8. Demo out now. youtube.com/watch?v=r46Jbq-ZNok

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J0yucdXeKnc
youtube.com/watch?v=xcZcnjByQd8
youtube.com/watch?v=74rdXnceFSc
youtube.com/watch?v=iw3TEV7uuqc
youtube.com/watch?v=h1aZcnybRNg
youtube.com/watch?v=AVmBl9yGTV4
youtube.com/watch?v=QsafyoXk88c
youtube.com/watch?v=e-HC9S_EnaM
youtube.com/watch?v=4Ib6oEuxmzY
youtube.com/watch?v=wWF5zGHQE7c
youtube.com/watch?v=6Frd2BA0-Qk
youtu.be/pKxKQYE96F0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Daunltess = MHW

Monsters are our wives!

>tfw no Monster Hunter World on Nintendo Switch

Lagombi a cute. CUTE!

put your tongue inside your mouth you retard

Please don't bully the retard.

Ready to watch the trainwreck of Dauntless tomorrow.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Blademaster Solo Hame Hammering ???
youtube.com/watch?v=J0yucdXeKnc

Cute and warm.

I was just talking about iframes being tied to framerate. That hasn't been the case since FU. That's not ironic at all.

>*monster hunter intro begins to play*
>Hello Gaijinhunter here, ready to give you guys a tip on how to farm as a free to play player.
>Now you don't need premium for this and it really helps you farm for your first armor set.
>First do this hunt for about 20 times, it helps if you can buy Premium.
>I mean it's only like 10 dollars, I mean that's a steal of you ask me. Look at all the perks you get.
>Now let me tell you about this episodes sponsor: Phoenix Labs, the developers of Dauntless.
>For every reply you submit you have a chance to receive 1 month of Premium on Dauntless. I'll be giving out some to viewers who gave this video a thumbs up.
>Phoenix Labs were kind enough to send us many copies, so there's plenty of chances for you guys.
>*random gameplay footage plays w/ monster hunter town music*
>Here's my daughter again, can you say Nargacuga on the mic for me?
>Ha ha ha ha, wasn't that adorable? Ha ha ha.
>Ok so today on this monster showcase we have this behemoth. It reminds me of the owl monster from Monster Hunter Generations or as it's known here in Japan where I live, Monster Hunter Cross(??). It totally doesn't look like a rip off and in fact looks quite unique.
>Best tactic is to just spam X, X and then move away from the big attacks and roll randomly.
>I also recommend getting the Premium package for Dauntless as it increases your chances of getting the rare item from this monster, especially since it takes an average of 30 minutes to hunt as a beginner - I mean slay, to slay it. There's no capturing in Dauntless.
>Now head on over to this screen and you'll notice this ugly- I mean, stylistic bar over here. Remember the game is still in a beta stage, so we can forgive them.
>That's it for it today, I hope you enjoyed this showcase into Dauntless.
>The beta is open already and you can now buy a Premium package if you follow this link slash Gaijinhunter for a discount.
>Till next time, happy slaying!

>Here's my daughter again, can you say Nargacuga on the mic for me?
>Ha ha ha ha, wasn't that adorable? Ha ha ha.
kek

So this is what TA was like before brave cheating. Not bad.

Gaijin a shit hunter.
Even he knows he's shit.

I NEED to pet this felyne.

He solo'd G rank so he's automatically better than all the faggots here.

>He solo'd G rank
no.

>He solo'd G rank
Proofs, gaijin?

you forgot
>*hits wife*

Proof you solo'd G rank?

>I can't wait for dawntloss

MHFU LS G-rank gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=xcZcnjByQd8

vs

MHXX LS G-rank gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=74rdXnceFSc

vs

MH4U LS G-rank gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=iw3TEV7uuqc

Which gameplay looks harder to pull off?

MH4*.

>*hits wife*

Kek what? Explain

>Portable
>Tigrex barely moves
>Guy is literally beating him by fighting it like it's a Dark Souls boss (circle strafing, staying just out of its attack range, and getting in a few hits that always stagger it)

I'm almost getting at g rank in mh4u, can someone recomend me a good blademaster set? I'm using a tigrex armor with atk xl. Should I get a HR set or wait for the G Rank?

Get a Garuga guild quest leveling.

>High Rank Tigrex
>Relic weapon
>Barely sub 5
>Not aiming for the face
?????

>that anime music on the 4U video
wew

I never played anything but guild style in Gen but how does this counter shit work? At least guard points reduced your stamina but this doesn't seem like it has any drawbacks at all.

apparently he hit his wife right before ending one of his many drunk off his ass streams
he either deleted it before anyone could get a webm, or it's bullshit being parroted by an oddly large number of peope

wait in 4U you can just roll through Tigrex attacks? why isn't that possible in FU? he rolls through him, his spin and his charges hardly take any health while on the FU just a simple bite took 80% of the guys health. Also white sharpness. Is that just a high rank video? Are you trying to trick the 4U posters into saying 4U is harder without even looking at the videos?

so what's the general consensus on the sns?

I've always mocked it but felt like trying it out.

I'm using a SnS (Almighty Dahaka), yet I didn't understood what you meant.

It depends on what weapon you're using. There's no universal armor that good for all blademasters.

Because FU has shit for hitboxes.

Is the unsheathed walking speed faster on 2nd gen LS faster? There's a lot of Spirit 1 use but it seems nice not to worry about aura levels.

Nintendrones here got mad that memehunter didn't speak up for XX localization and only supported MHW so they decided to call him a wife beater.

Of course he didn't. He's in Japan and already has the game. Besides he's gonna suck capcoms dick any chance he gets and he knows xx localization isn't on capcoms end.

>Why isn't that possible in FU?
It is possible, you can literally watch it happen in the first video.
>The charge takes hardly any health while the FU Tigrex chomp takes 65% of his health
That's because Tigrex is a top-tier monster in FU, but only a middle-tier monster in XX. It isn't even a Hyper Tigrex.

you lose only a bit of health, no where near enough to balance it out.

but it doesn't. prove it does. tigrex has giant spins and attacks in FU but in 4U he's hardly a challenge at all. anyone who says the 4U looks harder is bullshitting. he's also using a mix set with tons of skills and a relic weapon and FU doesn't even have sideway fade slash. some user said "oh look tirgrex stands still in FU lol xD" well it's because the player stays close to him while on 4U Tigrex upon entering rage does a giant leap back which just wastes the players time and you never even need to roll skillfully through his shout. ergo FU is a million times harder out of those 4 vids.

if you think FU hitboxes are shit then prove it.

congrats you didn't fall for it user

Brave LS's counter is instantaneous, has a motion value of 51, and I believe it also has innate Mind's Eye.
The drawback is that it has a very tight window of execution, about half the duration of a CB's guard point.

Not the guy you responded to but its universally agreed FU has terrible hitboxes

I never understood "speedrunning" or TA in monster hunter, because monster AI is semi-random.

Example:
youtube.com/watch?v=h1aZcnybRNg

He gets a good run because the retard monster does like 4 fucking tail hits in a row. Luck isn't a skill.

oh so 4U has artificial difficulty, thanks

TA's are just ways for people to show off there e-peen

but it doesn't

>oh look tirgrex stands still in FU lol xD
>This doesn't make him easy

You stand just outside of his spin attack range and he's immobile for most of the fight. His patterns are so fucking predictable he's on par with a fight in Demon Souls.

>giant leap back which just wastes the players time

Yes, the monster actually moving around and not standing in place is wasting your time. Yet the Portable fight is more difficult. Do you realize how fucking retarded you sound?

>if you think FU hitboxes are shit then prove it.

Are you serious? It generally agreed that before 3rd gen hitboxes were a trainwreck. But here's some to jog your memory.

youtube.com/watch?v=AVmBl9yGTV4
(keep in mind narga was considered to be one of the best hitbox wise at the time)

youtube.com/watch?v=QsafyoXk88c

The poster child for this bullshit. Go fight plessy in 3U or Generations/XX and see the difference compared to this.

Then there's shit like rathalos being unable to hit you as long as you stood under him. Rajang's arms causing ""shockwaves"". A monster's charge doing full damage even if you're behind them. It goes on.

This is why nobody listens to May. He gets really lucky on a few hunts and suddenly he thinks that he is an authority on gunning because of it.

>Founders Alpha

May/Nephlol/Rhyperior are the niggers of /mhg/

I REALLY shouldn't be taking this bait, but...
1) That isn't 4U.
2) How are Hypers monsters dealing extra damage any different to the monsters just in general dealing more? You get two stages of difficulty instead of one. What's the issue?

OFFICIAL /mhg/ HUNTER RANKING
GOD TIER
>tsflipp/highwind
GOOD TIER
>nephlol
SHIT TIER
>May, Rhyperior
BOTTOM TIER
>rikabu

>AI is random
Right, so you have to do many, many runs until you get co-operative monsters. TA is a combination of skill, determination, and luck. Everyone knows this.

Even when black out, we can see your name you fucking attentionwhore May. I bet you're a mentally ill tranny too. Please give yourself a big wet adult kys you fucking nigger

I'm flattered that I've managed to upset you this badly, user. Go grab a glass of water and cool off.

I'm glad I don't know who any of these faggots are

cringe, I just hate attentionwhores like yourselves on an anonymous imageboard. Go to reddit or gfaqs if you want to wave your tranny dick around.
Don't let me catch you in any of the /mhg/ rooms or you'll be kicked on site.

>you'll be kicked on site.
Pssh, nothin' personnel kiddo

How useful is the charge/counter attack that lance has in 4U? I honestly keep forgetting it has that.

>MH4U
>be Caravan 8
>on the rathalos quest for the diva cat

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I have the Velociprey S Set and I'm using IG . I've stacked up on drugs and skins but no matter what the stupid windpressure dragon has consistently threecarted me. Is this a git gud situation?

its useful until you fight hypers
then again no one uses lance vs hypers or 140's
because you need a specific type of weapon cheese to complete those
aka IQ, CB, GS etc. the tri-fecta of OP weapons in 4U.

That all said. counter is nice. You'll need a lot of mega juice to use it often without guard and guard is so rare in 4U sets that you'll never bother with it. It's easier in 4U just to evade because despite people thinking a faster monster is hard, they became much easier to evade. Ask anyone who fought Nargacuga for the first time and they noticed how easy it is to evade a tail swipe.In conclusion counter is shit damage and not worth using since it just gets you killed because a lot of 4U monsters do 2x, 3x, 4x hits in one animation and counter only counters 1x hit and then you get hit. Don't use it. Evade instead. Then again just use another weapon. Lance and gunlance are both shit tier weapons in 4U. Just learn how to use CB instead. Takes 2 seconds to KO a monster and it has insane burst damage. Or pick up IQ which lets you X, X, X, X spam, jump and X, X, X, X spam with insane motion values.

tl;dr - dont use counter in 4U, ever

do you use reddit by any chance

no i'm just dumb probably
actually i visit /r/nsfw once in a while

Thanks. Yeah, the few times I tried to use it I ended up eating dirt.
I was looking at charge blade because it seems interesting, but I don't know. I'm having fun with lance for now, so I'll probably keep with it until I really feel like it's impeding my progress.

I know a name bait when I see it.

Without guard skills, considering that super armor is limited the counter is useful against some roars, windpress, tremors, light attacks, etc. The charged attack itself is more of a byproduct from whiffing the counter. With guard skills it's a lot more potent, but it won't save you from multi-hit attacks that fucked over guard lancing in general.

>"Is this a git gud situation?" he says as he uses 4U IG

I mean, Rathalos isn't a pleasant fight for most people, but start abusing flash bombs and know that him lining up his head may lead into a potential insta-charge. Don't use the IG jump like a retard, only bother using it when you get an opening in the air.

And yet you gave him your (you) anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=e-HC9S_EnaM

Counter can be used, but it needs Guard+1 at the least. Otherwise Megajuice on at all times. Lance has some of the worst times in TA in 4U. Low motion values all around.

Countering can be done mid-combo, which sets is above GL that has 0 counters in 4U.
youtube.com/watch?v=4Ib6oEuxmzY

Rajang is possibly one of the monsters where counters are necessary:
youtube.com/watch?v=wWF5zGHQE7c

Shut up, Wes.

t. Tsflipp

>Implying that Wes even visits /mhg/ anymore

>Implying that Tsflipp is even a real person

I lost all my progress in 4U - the first MH game I've ever gotten into - immediately after beating Gore Magala in a misguided attempt to 'upgrade' from AL9H to B9S. I had used the Hammer to beat Gore, but had a combination of LS and GL use under my belt beforehand that I enjoyed.

Long story short I've just restarted 4U and want weapon advice for something that will feel really different from options I used before.

Tsflipp is a good at grandpa simulator.

Forgot to mention Guard Up with Guard +2 will make it so you can counter anything in 4U. Problem is the counter hit often misses because monsters are charging through you etc. so it becomes apparent that countering monsters isn't going to get you through the quests quickly. 4U has a ton of easy-mode sets, so I don't think it's impossible to get both Guard+2, Guard Up and Sharpness +1 in a set. Even Razor Sharp ontop and you're set.

>I used Hammer primarily, but also used LS and GL occasionally
I recommend using Charge Blade as your primary weapon, with Greatsword and Heavy Bowgun as your back ups.

There are enough similarities in gameplay that you should still be comfortable, but the weapons themselves will still be very different mechanically.

P.S. your first Gore Magala kill means you're maybe 15% of the way through the game.

MHWorld release date and other shit just leaked on baidu

>February 13, 2018
>52 large monsters (40 new, 12 old)
>24 small monsters
>PC unlocked framerate
>no new weapons
>3 villages

I leaked into your mouth.

World will not have release date

someone post this on reddit please

Thank you for the advice user. If no one else chimes in, that's gonna be my exact set up until I get back to where I left off. Must say, I'm thrilled to know I hadn't gotten as far in as I had thought.

nice source

source is baidu, did you even read the post faggot? baidu links are banned on Veeky Forums. fucking newfag

>MHFU is so easy, Tigrex just stands there lol xD
youtube.com/watch?v=6Frd2BA0-Qk

Interesting.
I've been fine with the ol' poke-poke-poke-step, but it was just nagging me not knowing anything about an option I had. If I get to HR and beyond I'll probably go back to GS, but I'm still having fun with this at the moment. I just wish I could get Evade+ already, because I can't time this step for shit without it.

fucking newfag
you can still post it retard
but you won't because you made that all up

how the fuck can I when it won't let me? "we think your post is a spam, please reformat and try again"
fuck off retard

>please reformat
That's how

>how do I reformat
>hurrrr

I thought LS was the most disruptive weapon online but after today, I think IG takes the cake. These fucking faggots stunlock you with their bullshit.

>all this namedropping shit
>tfw choose a different name in each game/save
ayy

>Dauntless
>recolors this early already
youtu.be/pKxKQYE96F0

hahahaha
*inhales*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

/mhg/ is really testy today.

>revive mechanic

>only use 1 name