/ovg/ - pure ARCA Kino edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have!
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Discuss driving games on Discord!
>discord.gg/hXmJrJr

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Skinning guide with rF2-specific help:
>mega.nz/#!ygMSASyZ!ai1NXzFwq174ZmQYi3V_48eeEOCr_z4YOo9g8txxlDU

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

get-good.net/index.php?title=OVGTRANS-AM
strawpoll.com/4wa7k5rw
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1518341735037.webm
dirtgame.com/leagues/league/15874/ovgwrc
youtu.be/EWd_Hny19w8?t=480
strawpoll.com/zpsgwk5s
youtu.be/EWd_Hny19w8?t=140
youtube.com/watch?v=oCCNNpmt8ds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

tags
SJ Spork Juct SporkJuct Adrian Krieger Shadow Government Cipher La Li Lu Le Lo The Patriots

OVGTRANS-AM race tomorrow at 20:00 UTC.

get-good.net/index.php?title=OVGTRANS-AM

>OVGTRANS

nomad OP pls nerf

Give me definitive proof nr2003 is not the best turnleft sim

Can't do this in NR2003

GT3 racing is fun

Not with that attitude

my eyes are burning

Arca just finished sanicball in 5

Wtf is this "Rip Grip" mentioned in the PCars patch notes?

nth for comfytruckan

god I hate finland

Five left over crest caution don't cut then four right over crest jump then straight 180 then jump then jump then three right over crest caution don't cut road narrows crest jump maybe then jump straight 200 jump

>Assetto Corsa Legends GT
Thanks to everyone who showed up for Legends GT Fuji race, congratulations to the new guys who placed well (1,2,3). Goes to show that practice pays off. Next week we'll all die at Nordschleife. Results have been updated to the doc. Replay and webms coming soon(tm)

Post yourself pulling cheeky moves

Someday maybe I'll join you nerds.

The worst part is that it moves with the rest of the suspension.

tfw AFKers almost ruin your race by becoming rolling chicanes one lap after race starts

im driving you out gfin stop posting

thats strange considering they could have most likely gotten away with leaving the bar and link static

Capri bogged down even after testing that it should be able to spin its tires in practice. Managed to take back some places. Luckily I had plenty of room to bounce around on the banking and managed to gain some places back.

Overall I made a few mistakes in bouncy corners, finished fourth with quite a difference to front and back. Really looking forward to Nordschleife, grease those ropes.

Vote about the last race. Keep it as is or make it 2,4h with or without double points?
strawpoll.com/4wa7k5rw

Name a better game

thanks for reminding me to pirate the update

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1518341735037.webm

Reminder, mid-week event will be here until Thrusday

dirtgame.com/leagues/league/15874/ovgwrc

Both Finland and Sweden are incredibly fast, even in relatively safe 2000's cars

god i hate sweden

>2.4h of de la sarthe
This kills the drivers. Make the nords race long, that'll be interesting at least.

we haven't died on this les-essarts track, a bit longer on different track won't kill people either. just practice a bit

Meanwhile, in real life...
youtu.be/EWd_Hny19w8?t=480

2.4 hours is nothing especially on le mans. how new are you

Does the t150 have any major compatibility issues on the PC, since it's a Playstation wheel? I would've rather bought the TMX, but that's out of stock everywhere locally, except in a place that charges 100 euros extra.

no. it's not ps4 wheel, it's a wheel that works with ps4. it has official drivers and all of the stuff every normal wheel has

Is this Ac? Don't remember that skyline being in the game?

So fill me in on the car choices and whats different about them?

40th for signups are still open for valentine's day n200 rally in gt sport

TMX PRO or the Logikek G29?

Which of these wheels should I grab. I've read the equipment doc, but I want to hear some personal opinions.

the early cars are slow and the newer ones are fast

>nomad only got 1 point for seca
thats kind of harsh considering nobody had a hope of catching it

i hear logitech has big dead zones

So's your mom's pussy.

For AC at least you can get rid of most of the deadzone using a LUT generator. I've done it on my G27 and it works wonderfully.

Why don't more sims have rain?

So that you can't go 1.5s per lap faster than the BMW factory driver

Not only that, but why is it so fucking rare for a game to simulate where the wet line is and not punish you for driving over the dry line and kerbs?

It's one of those things like first person view in Grid 2. Statistics showed that most people don't use it so why put it in?

i agree, imo 1,5h of nords and 1,5h of le mans would be more tolerable

>two small time increases instead of a proper one
it kinda misses the point, doesn't it? 90 minutes of race is pretty much same thing as 50 minutes, maybe with two pit stops instead of one. meanwhile, 2.4h is a proper mini-endurance.

New poll
strawpoll.com/zpsgwk5s

Because only kiddie games like F1 2017 need to simulate irrelevant shit like "weather" or "an environment that isn't dead", sims rather focus on the important features like tire models and cone physics.

What's with unemployed asspies always voting for the longest possible option?

To be fair, anyone voting for that poll is an unemployed aspie because gent forgot the option to keep the 50 minute race length.

F1 2017 is shit?

>implying there are people here who aren't unemployed aspies

I'm gainfully employed and have worth for the same employer for the last fifteen years.

mcdonalds doesn't count buddy

The previous strawpoll for just the Circuit de la Sarthe race showed that majority wants to do at least 1 longer race.

And now we have a post by post pissing contest... I know you're memeing, but for those who aren't, there are people in here who actually have stable lives and careers.

give me an example
Protip: you can't

Been working in the same job for 15 years. Have a mortgage on a house which it pays for, as well as a trip to Europe every twelve months or so, a bit of sim racing shit, and a few toys for other hobbies.

good shit mister simdad

Go to bed, son.

>2 hour race with 15 cars on the field
>everyone has completely different pace
>by the end maybe 10 cars remain on the field
>they're all at least 20-30 seconds apart each other
Sounds awesome, dude.

This. Finishing order is all but decided after around ten laps.

Yeah because people never make mistakes in Nordschleife and if you do there's always so much run off.

>he goes on expensive holidays while he's up to his neck in debt
People these days.

Didn't realize real life had crash physics like SHIT rally youtu.be/EWd_Hny19w8?t=140 Look at this shit, one wheel touches the curb and sends the car flying, is the suspension even working?
Not at all like my realistic edited r2k physics

So you're saying that you were shitting on games and their physics without having any clue about how that stuff actually works?

t. poorfag

>he gets a mortgage big enough to stop him from having a lifestyle that fulfils him
People these days.

>/ovg/
>not living in their mom's basement
Lmao

Its a (((simcade))) so its shit

After ten laps those people are already out.

Yeah, you can deffo finish in the top 5 simply by playing all the way to the end.

>asshole tries to pin me against a wall
>he’s slightly too far ahead
>his right rear hits my left front
>he pits himself, i knock him out of the way and continue
Sometimes, the rammer issue solves itself

It's really unfortunate but we were well past the restart zone when he DC'd
I agree that Nomad was fucking silly, I thought I got out of corners pretty well but it just walked me with no effort

I agree. Let's make the Nordschleife race only up to the Karusell otherwise it's too long and people can't keep up with the first place.

>curb
He hit a rock

can you participate with a gamepad?

it's encouraged

cool man

He fucking with you
Controller users get b&

No

What happened to the keyboard guy?

why?

We ban controller users, but the things we do to keyboard users are unspeakable

the car launched in the air because it ramped off the split time sign, then rolled over a ditch. still the car was almost always in contact with ground and not flying. drag and friction caused the car to slow down rapidly rather than fly through air like a paper plane. car got severely damaged, probably could not continue with the rally after the accident

What about hotas users?

note incidents with snow banks like at 3:57, 4:25, 4:31, 4:46, 4:58 - the cars fairly lightly bounce off the snow or wedge into it if hit head on

in SHiT Rally's Monte Carlo, every snowbank is a ramp that launches the car into air

CMR1 did it better 20 years ago

youtube.com/watch?v=oCCNNpmt8ds

I don't get this sport.

why didnt he press escape

Because you have to be stationary to access pause menu.

yeah, this video might be confusing. he was supposed to take corner in ordinary fashion instead of jumping off the cliff. that's the point of this sport, driving on the track as fast as possible without falling down

kinda like icy tower, except no jumping and with cars

>can't keep the pace lap after lap
Go back to your casual engine swap drag "racing" game.