Android auto

Alright Veeky Forumstards. Got a question.
Got a 2010 Silverado WT 1500. I want to swap out the headunit for an aftermarket touchscreen model with Android auto and an aux input, at a reasonable price.

What are my options?

Other urls found in this thread:

androidauthority.com/best-android-auto-head-units-791179/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Going off this, but generalizing a bit, what's a good 2din unit with Android Auto?

>listening to music
>not listening to your car
Fag.

Well the Silvy only came with a 2DIN headunit so this is applicable as well.

and?

It's a fucking work truck, not a sports car. Grow the fuck up.

Get the fuck off Veeky Forums, you fucking faggot.

just get an oem one from the higher trim level. android auto is a meme.

no u

It's the same headunit though. Android Auto wasn't available on the Silverado until the 2014 redesign

>he streams flac audio via Bluetooth

can't tell if boomer or millennial

then do nothing and keep it stock.

but I want the fucking touchscreen. with android auto. I don't plan on selling this truck and it's more about convenience than anything else

androidauthority.com/best-android-auto-head-units-791179/

do you already have an aux jack?

It's not even worth it OP. Just stick with a phone dock. Android Auto will work on any phone by itself.

yes.I mainly want android auto to not only use my phone for music but to also use google maps on the headunit using the phone to do the hard work.

Thank you! Most constructive post here. I'll check those out

Why the fuck would you want it built in? So it'll get outdated and insecure in a year?

Android Auto is just a GUI that allows you to use your phone while driving. The phone does all the heavy lifting and the headunit is just a monitor to display it all. All that matters is that the headunit is android auto compatible. The phone gets replaced? no problem. it has no bearing on how the headunit works with it

It's still stupid. An aux jack or usb is all you need.

some people just want to use their phone's navigation apps without doing something as inherently dangerous as constantly fiddling with the phone while driving. It's inherently safer.

>fiddling with a touchscreen is safer than.... fiddling with a touchscreen
Magic.

do you believe in magic
in a young girl's heart?
How the music can free her
whenever it starts?

>Fuck Buttons

nice

JVC kw-m730bt goes between 300-350
Sorny xav-ax100 is around 400
Jbl legend cp100 is around 400

Three cheapest options i’ve seen so far but there may be more. I recommend trying the system on a car first( maybe a dealer) since it hardly does anything you cant already do with a simple phone mount

idk whats up but in the civic sedan its slow and laggy af

Just like an actual Android phone. It’s a consistent experience

I use my phone. I hold it or put it in a holder on the dash. Connecting it to the car isn't necessary