/fog/ - Fallout General

Buttmad this didn't have its own DLC Edition

>NEWS!
The Creation Kit has been updated with support for Light plugin/master (.esl) file format
.esl files bypass the 8-bit plugin ID limit (255).
.esl files have a budget of no more than 4,000 forms.
.esl files are read-only. Active development should be done in an normal (.esp) plugin. (This is the same as a .esm and can be easily changed)
.esl files are treated as unique files from the .esp it was converted from, so saved games will not be compatible between them.

>Fallout 1 and 2
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy
>Babbys first modding guide
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/fallout-new-vegas-sigourns-recommended-mods.114486/

>Fallout 4
>General Information, Mod Recommendations etc:
pastebin.com/2W7Dhy69

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Steam Guide of good mods
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752795517

>GUNetwork
>Rips (Primarily for NV):
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B45SllNAhiQscHhxR28tZ1FwNTA

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Storyfag's imgur:
imgur.com/a/iNUlq

>OP Pasta
>Please use the info from this link when creating new threads:
pastebin.com/raw/dFMpLWAX

Post-War thread: Pre-War thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/ob4bs3dr2bijh7j/Buffs Stuff 1-22-17.rar
fogmods.weebly.com/mods.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Buffscale posted a greyfox mod. Where to get?

>Buttmad this didn't have its own DLC Edition
That would require too much work on Bethesda's part. Never expected it.

What seems off about the op info?

>New thread
>Furry immediately showing their degeneracy

No more than any other DLC.

>memories dlc
Boring thank fuck they didnt do that.
Now Enclave moonbase or at least secret Earth launchbase that would have been cool

>Meme DLC would have been cool
But user we already got that with all but FH

What's a good FOV setting in Fallout 4? The config file has 80 by default, and that seems fine in other games, but it seems too narrow in this game for some reason.

the metal gear ninja you underageb&

What about Operation Anchorage: Moon edition.

>Buttmad this didn't have its own DLC Edition
Yea, we need Anchroage II

>implying the memories DLC wouldn't be the SS's secret moon missions

Good cover ;)

There's no right FOV. If it's too narrow, raise it until you get one that suits you and your monitor.

>implying its a meme
They riddled f4 with aerospace industry clues that the pre-war America had made it to the moon and possibly beyond.
Seriously, test flight helmets everywhere, rocket engines, aerospace companies, bubbles the cat, the museum mural etc.

>You'll never get to blast Zetans and commies on the Moon

>those timestamps

simple minds

>Enclave moon base
>Not a meme
Come on man , I like the Enclave as much as the next guy but you have to let them go. They're always going to be written as the villian just because

Why would the memory den get its own DLC?

Honest question

what about the remnants, weren't they just normal people?

No. This belief you have is retarded. The enclave were not one off enemies. They are central to the plot of Fallout simce they are the shadow government with numerous splinter cells.

Yeah because they're not a major player so it's more of a nod than anything

Its all in here

I've linked this file literally fifty times now. Perhaps it should be in the OP with the text "If Buffscale posted a pic of it, its probably in here!"

mediafire.com/file/ob4bs3dr2bijh7j/Buffs Stuff 1-22-17.rar

Proof?

>putting tripfags in the OP
No thanks.

The fucking lore you cretin. Last post you are getting out of me.

>I'll make this claim of splinter cells
>Not back any of it up when asked

Well why the fuck isn't your shit in the Fallout 4 pastebin? Or is that just for show?

I'm already in the OP

>I'm already in the OP

it would be interesting to explore more of the SS's life pre-war.
the concept art was really good with this.

Your name isn't there, and that's all that matters to me.

^Fucking this

The only Enclave that existed started off on the Oil Right out west.

When that got blown up, most of them fled with Autumn Sr out to Raven Rock, while a handful of remnants stayed behind and drifted apart.

The Enclave on the East Coast got both of their main bases destroyed, and their forces scattered into obscurity.

The only possible place left where the Enclave might be are a handful of soldiers left behind in Chicago to man a few small outposts there during the trek eastward

How do i convert skyrim armour mods to f4 can i just use bodyslide?
There are so many good mods for skyrim but f4 has nuffing NUFFING

Wanted to post this before I go, but anyone know what would cause this in new vegas, I'm using Interior Lighting Overhaul and Rust Enb if that makes a difference. Also I get clear spheres over ash piles at certain angles, I'm sure the enb is causing that but I'm not sure which setting to change.

Its all here, but each link goes to the same file I just linked. It used to be all individual links but my Mega went down

fogmods.weebly.com/mods.html

This used to be in the OP but the guy that ran the site got tired of /fog/ and quit updating it. Also since nobody on /fog/ except three people make mods, my mods dominated the entire mod section, lol.

A pastebin with everything including my file I get asked for all the time would be useful

No it wouldn't.

All anyone would have done is whine, bitch, and moan about
>MOAR FORZED BACKSTOREH!

This is pretty much exactly what happens in game though senpai

>Look like a bunch of craters
ENCLAVE MOON BASE CONFIRMED!

Nice samefagging nma moron. Theres a map in Fallout 2 that shows the Enclave have bases all over the world.

>More than one person disagrees with me
>Totally a samefag

Those were never stated to be Enclave bases, and, in fact, Avellone said they were there simply because flashy lights made it look cooler.

Cut content from Fallout 2 says that the US Government's( and later the Enclave's) entire plan was to hide out on an oil rig and then blast off to space with the surviving vault dwellers once everything blew over, but they had to abandon the project and just choose to re-settle the wasteland due to unknown reasons (speculated to be change of leadership or the ship being destroyed).
Of course this is all the Fallout equivalent to Star Wars Expanded Universe wankery so take that as you may.

So it's on the same level as aliens started the Great War, that's even better

So make one and get it in the next OP. Also stop fellating yourself, I couldn't give a fuck if you dominated some mod section somewhere.

please remain calm in these discussions

>tfw no one knows how to properly resurrect a dead companion stuck in power armor

PLEASE RESPOND

Actually, the Enclave's plan fro mthe Fallout 2 cut content didn't invovle taking the Vault Dwellers with them.

Even the ones in control vaults simply existed to see how shit might turn out if no experiment was done, and they were going to be left behind while the Enclave went to a new world.

>shadow illuminati government has its tentacles in everything
>implying they wouldn't have more than two bases
Anyway nma tards miss the point. Evidence of the Enclave should be everywhere, it doesn't matter if there isn't a faction called the Enclave identical to the oil rig Enclave.
Its a political faction in the setting with broad scope in operations and influence. Its also a canonically a sleeper faction.

It's entirely feasible and logical that the enclave would try to fuck off to a new world, arcjet systems had rockets that were going to mars and the moon was child's play.

I know you're here Sarah rigger, gib the model already.

wrong thread m8?

Can power armor actually withstand the force and heat from a rocket engine?

nope

I'm more talking about how no one in /fog/ tries modding

/tesg/, at one point, used to be a bit better than this, but they too have fallen

I get that but there is nothing concrete to support it other than vague guesses, much like DiMAs throw away comment about you being a synth.

No someone was actually do that

What? It's literally mentioned in a terminal in arcjet systems.

Stop projecting user.

What does this have to do with a pastebin?

Feel free to not reply because I actually do not care in the slightest.

Apparently.

You can also waltz right off the side of the Prydwen and land and just keep strolling without even locking the joints or anything.

But on the other hand, a pipe rifle will damage you. So who knows what power armor actually can and can't do.

What an odd post.

Those are silly gameplay things and I can understand them being there for the sake of fun, convenience and balance but the jet engine thing is part of a quest, so I wonder what the actual limits of power armor are.

it totally glosses over the "military on the streets" aspect of it though

I thought operation anchorage was pretty neat

>Why is something that used to post mods in the OP not have anything to do with something that used to post mods in the OP

I dunno man

It is a mystery

see

What am I projecting?

Another odd post.

They magically show up as soon as the first televised reports of bombings do, having tanks, personnel and vertibirds swarming over the streets in literally no time at all.

Is there a way to detect what texture a player is standing on or is nearby in FONV? I'd like to design some camouflage uniforms that are more than aesthetic or a flat sneak increase. A solution I guess would be to make a general use uniform like Multicam and have that be a flat increase, but that feels.... lazy.

>tfw no one comments on your super cool x-01 power armor

>I'm more talking about how no one in /fog/ tries modding
Completely irrelevant to you making a pastebin. Nice try kid.

callfunction "actor.switchtopowerarmor" none

>Nice try kid
watch out guys

I just came here literally to do that. I've been working on shit all day so far. It's for FONV though, because I fucking hate FO4.

doubtful, sorry
best you could hope for is to somehow have it check against certain areas of the map and/or if it's in an internal cell

was meant for

That's fantastic

What an odd post.

Can I see some of your settlements /fog/?

why does everyone need to try modding, especially with the general lack of interest in 4, all power to you if that's your thing but it's not for everyone

Why do you keep saying this?

If I knew more about NV I'd try helping

All I know is second hand knowledge about using Skyrim's version of OS to rig, but other than that, that's about it.

Gotcha, thanks bud. I guess I could scope out each area myself and if you're within the cell it has that general effect, but then it won't recognize mod areas. I know I can make it check to see if you're in water. I wish this were easier.

exactly. that's not what was happening. the reality is there were constant riots and the military was on the streets to keep order, obviously, with a lot of violence.
the boston bugle has some great articles about it in their building.

he didn't even ask for help lol?

My bad, I misread his post

I appreciate that. I haven't touched the geck in years, but I'm gonna power that little fucker up tomorrow to start putting these designs into action. Last time, I was just using CSS assets to make shit from MGS in the game. Got anice Mk22 and Stunrod to go with Millenia's KABAR and the vanilla Service Rifle. I was considering making an EZ Gun, but it'd be really adapted. Maybe an energy weapon combined with a Chinese Stealth Armor sneaking stealth camo activation, regenerates ammo, and has a tazer-like effect?

Holy shit that look of panic on Marcy's face.

Oh, no, man, I barely know what the fuck I'm doing. In fact, I don't. Any help would be appreciated, haha, and I opened up with asking for help solving a problem, so you're in the right my dude.

I'd say the jet engine scenario is highly unlikely. let's just say the engine was worn down after 200 years and didn't perform as well.

How would you know?
Just because some people aren't namefagging or shilling their mod at every opportunity doesn't mean some here aren't modding themselves.

But it performed at like, 96.7% efficiency

This tbqh, people should either be shitting themselves, hostile, nervous, or awe inspired at the sight of you in a new and brazenly evil looking armor.

I'll give it a try a little later, thanks friendo

This is pretty much my build, I'm not really a decorator so I only do things for security/defense and utility. A wall to stop ground level shooters and force them through chokepoints, and a defense tower from where we kill anything that enters the walls. 1st floor is always settler housing, 2nd is always power, 3rd is always workshops/power armor and turret platforms, 4th is command center and fighting platform, roof level is for a more unrestricted view and to lob explosives, missiles and nukes from.

What fucking charging handle are we using on the vanilla service rifle, anyway? It looks like we're pulling back a handle that isn't there, one attached to the bolt. When it's jamming, your guy seats the round with the forward assist. Did they just not want to make a proper animation for SR/AC/MC?

I always thought it was because Danse is a synth. If a regular human was in that position they'd have been creamated inside if their armor.

it's been a while since I've built anything aboveground.

measurment tool on it also malfunctioned.