Will you be buying a hybrid or electric in the next 8 years?

BMW wants 24% of all its sales to be hybrid/electric by 2025.

It is currenlty only 50% of its target for total vehicles sold in 2017.

Nah. I don't buy new cars.

Not if I can help it

There are currently no electric or hybrid that suits my needs, wants and requirements. If there was one then I would consider it, but if I can stick with my old Toyota I'll be more than happy as I dont really want anything newer

high performance EV sportscar or muscle car, when they become widespread
like a fuck you torque DC electric mustang

As soon as a Second Gen Chevy Volt Premium can be copped in used good condition for $7500, I'm gonna buy one. I might jump the gun if my side hustles do especially well again this year, but I'm saving up a house down payment, so I need to keep it under $200/month and under a thousand down, so 7500 is my sweet spot, since I'm not gonna trade in my Colorado (need a truck often enough)

A Volt won't use gas at all on my regular commute. Could consider a Spark EV, but the Volt is a nicer car.

Not a Tesla fanboy/shill/soyboy but I'm glad stuff like the Roadster is being made.
Performance EV cars have been mysteriously not a thing until recently.

spark EV is actually a fun little bitch. doesn't weigh much, has decent room, is tiny, and has really good torque for its motor size

>327 ft lbs of torque
oh shit, more than i remember it being
>2866lbs curb weight
also heavier

It is tempting, because the Volts seem to hold their value better (and were more expensive to begin with). Lease return Spark EVs in decent shape should fall into that $7500 range just before summer, but I've sat in both, and I liked the Gen 2 Volt a lot better.

oh yeah the spark is def an economy car
i don't think gen 2 volts will drop into that price range for another year at least though

MAYBE once toyota releases a full EV hatchback version of the yaris. Even then, no apartments in my region have ev plugins and noone is putting them in cause they are cheap bastards

have to wait and see.
don’t want a hybrid.
there are only three electric cars on sale to the public in my country (bmw i3, tesla s, tesla x), all of which are rather expensive. if i had a business i can buy a renault zoe, which is cheaper than the i3 with better range.
the other issue is charging the car away from home. if you have a tesla and you’re driving reasonably close to superchargers you’ll be okay. if either isn’t the case, your travel just got a lot slower.

>bmw i3 range extender's are dipping below 20k
ooooh

>i don't think gen 2 volts will drop into that price range for another year at least though
If that, they're all still north of 12 k for a good one with the good features.

the gen 2's? i thought they were all still 20k+ for even the base model
the gen 1's are cheap

I fucked up my search by a year. The ones under 20k were almost all Gen 1s. High mile Gen 2s seem to start at 19. Fuck, I'm a lot farther off than I thought...

I'm buying a Model 3 but I'm keeping my 300ZX stage 3 project and I have a Mazda 3 for dailies should Tesla ever feel like actually making my car

>mysteriously
How would you advertise nice torque and times at the expense of huge energy consumption and slight battery capacity wear?

>VW has said its goal is to be the largest manufacturer of electric vehicles by 2025, and its strategy involves the return of the Microbus on the new MEB platform designed for EVs. Woebcken thinks 10 percent of industry car sales will be electric by 2025. And he says the electric vehicles will make money in their first generation.

>there are no plans to bring back the Beetle unless it is a fully electric reborn car as 2 door cars are not practicle.

Press F to pay respects.

eh, might be cool

I'm waiting for these bad boys, and hoping the production models don't look like shit.

No. My car needs to sound good. Electrics don't sound at all.

Honda is actually doing great work with EV I hope they continue to keep it up.

The Japs minus Nissan are very shitty with EV and need to sack off hydrogen in favour for BEVs as they are better for majority of people.