Race Around Australia

"the Highway 1 to Hell team travelled the route of Highway 1 skipping Tasmania's stretch of road (equaling 14280km) in 5 days, 13 hours and 43 minutes"
How would you do it faster? They had four people in a 2017 landcruiser with total fuel capacity of 273Lt.
Would you do it solo?

caradvice.com.au/561588/highway-1-to-hell-fastest-lap-around-australias-highway-1/

Other urls found in this thread:

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/warnbro/cars-vans-utes/2008-ford-ranger-pilot-vehicle/1124249108
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I couldn't I am bus rider

Once I get duel lpg tanks in my ss Ute that record is busted. Can’t do that until I install my sound system and dash cam tho

I could smash that solo when i get my alloytec. Might need some amphetamines

It's not a race around Australia if they skipped Tassie.

Let me know when your ready. I can supply and race you simultaneously

>Maximum velocity and an open road

Oh there is only one fucking answer for this in my mind.

did they go on that really really straight road at all

From the map it looks like it

I was thinking that an SS Ute would be good for it. If you go with a friend you could set up something to sleep on in the bed and only stop for gas and food.

doesnt lpg have less mileage than petrol. The Ute is a good idea though, just fill the whole bed with petrol tanks.

Yeah get a big fuel cell and just run a line from the cell to the main tank with a little valve

Your forgetting fuel economy.
Also this is Australia, lots of fuel stops close at night. Oh and aussie cops.
Lol that suspension sag or that aweful rear end when the 400 litre tank is close to empty.

>open road
Oh sweety!

Can the VF ss utes not handle 400kg? Lolling from the comfort of my superior live axle vs ss

Yeah but it's what I want because it's cheaper. It's what I always wanted to get, not just to beat some record.

LPG tanks at fuel stations are being phased out due to lack of demand nowadays. Taxis have moved to LPG hybrids and that's a big chunk of demand right there. private buyers are moving away from it too. It's largely just owners of gas guzzlers wanting to make them cheaper who opt for it. And nowadays many of these can either afford the petrol so don't give a fuck or own diesels so automatically think that LPG is mutually exclusive

It's simple to run a different tank or otherwise expand a fuel system and Big Red runs a pretty voluminous tank as it is. The cops would have to catch me first!
Is the road a highway? It's as much an open road as I consider them.

lucky they didnt get hit head on by a trucker retard with a litre of ice in his bloodstream

Buy this
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/warnbro/cars-vans-utes/2008-ford-ranger-pilot-vehicle/1124249108
Take all the shit off, use duct tape to smooth all edges for fuel economy.
Steelies with 'eco' tyres (fuel economy)
Two drivers, 8-10 hour shifts.
Speed (the drug) to keep you awake and stop you from pooing.
Start with plenty of empty bottles for pissing (wide mouth)
Ensure enough snacks for four days.
Only stop for fuel and toilet, try time these for driver swaps if possible

Yeah but a great deal of the northern part will be unmaintained, have sections of only dirt road and flooded. There's a reason the fastest cunts to do it were in a Landcruiser.

Oh I forgot the radar detector.
And hello doing it in four days.

Read the link, some parts are dirt

>amphetamines stop you from pooing
Lol you have no idea. Another reason why people on stims don’t want to eat too much

My LPG Falcon ute actually cost more than my ss commodore cost to run.
18-22l/100km at $0.85/litre or 10-12l/100km at $1.42/litre
That's $15/100km for the ute and $14/100km for the ss commonwhore.

In my experience speed has stopped me from going.
The come down makes me shit like no tomorrow

Fuckin oath boys, convoy or what? Let's get a fleet of VN's doing a flying lap ye fuck ye

Completely ass backwards

I’m gonna get liquid lpg injection not that old fashioned shit. Only problem is how many people that can still install that sort of thing properly.
I’m gonna have to drive to Queensland or Melbourne to get it installed

Shame how it doesn’t span the peninsula. Too tropical or something?

Citroen C4 Cactus diesel claims 3.4L/100km

Ugly as fuck, but weld together a large fuel tank in the boot, put a fuel pump in it, plumb it into the reg tank. Wire in a push button, push the button to run the pump for the new tank to fill the regular tank.
Have a fill point on either side of the new tank, so you can fill it from two bowsers at once.
300Lt tank in boot, half the fill time.

Didnt mean to tag anyone
Do they even sell lpg in remote Australia?

Yes they do

Rich Willey and Gary Van Straten, October 1987. Kawasaki 1100cc. 15508 Kilometres. 6 days 17 hours 6 minutes. (Current world record)

Fuck that would be hell

>t. has two heads

You'd have a hard time keeping it full of LPG around the top end the last couple decades anyway. Unless you have 1500km of LPG range to get between more populated areas.

I’ll put an lpg tank where my regular fuel tank is too. I reckon I’ll manage that range easy

And you're also dealing with excessive cost of LPG iup there, to the point where it's more or less comparable with unleaded. Then you've gotta hope the last LPG delivery wasn't delayed for some reason, which is often

Alright buddy just recognise you’re dealing with a bogan hipster. If I get stuck I got stuck. But I’m not gonna do what the masses do I’m gonna do what I want to do. Which happens to be what the masses aren’t doing.
But not for that reason

Not in WA or NT.

Bullshit you telling me the abc news is lying to me? There aren’t many places but there are a few and documented online so that I can find them. Cunts go around the country on LPG still, deal with it

>Alright buddy just recognise you’re dealing with a dropkick contrarian
Yeah, I've already gathered this.
This.

I hope you have a few thousand kilometers of range because that's the distances you will be travelling up north and in wa to find somewhere that sells lpg.

Ive travelled a lot of w.a.
Very few carry lpg once you get a certain distance past perth. Also like the other guy said, you'd better hope they don't miss a delivery, or are empty when you get there.
I've been to roadhouses that have had no unleaded

Lol, there's a good reason even the Taxis in Broome have never relied on LPG

>How would you do it faster?
Have a media company contact the local governments to get special exemption from speeding ticket enforcement. Then go all out as long as the road is clear. Repeat Offender Speed enforcement stops the car and jails the driver after it received several tickets in a few days window time period.

All long distance speed records are done by teams. So doing it solo means doing it slower and less safe.

>Rich Willey and Gary Van Straten, October 1987. Kawasaki 1100cc. 15508 Kilometres. 6 days 17 hours 6 minutes. (Current world record)

At least it wasn't a Honda Gold Wing that set the record.

>Repeat Offender Speed enforcement stops the car and jails the driver after it received several tickets in a few days window time period.

That sounds made up. Even if it where true, if do you the lap in four days you'll be out of state before they realise it

Radar detector is $2000 fine and 9 demerits in aus

That they have taxis in Broome is news to me

...well they did 10 years ago at least. How else are you getting that wet t-shirt winning backpacker from the Oasis bar to the Cable Beach Club at 1:00am?

Not in w.a and I believe NT is the same.

Hey man are you a west aussie

And au?

Yeah, why?

Only jammers not actall dectectors

Just asking, going to racewars?

>skipping tasmania

missing out, best driving in australia

They dont allow bikes, so probably not.
Tho I know a few who are.

>Endurance race
Better make a big fuckin detour, BY BOAT, to see the sights

its only 12 hours each way, if its an endurance race then stay up all night on the spirit

one of the solar cars made before the panels got gimped and speed limits were enforced

I know of people who ran out and had to be towed in Tasmania no less because they had LPG only car.

Nope. Detectors themselves are illegal

Theres LPG fucking everywhere in Tassie though.

Emu Ring.

They were over west coast somewhere. Perhaps they were just retards but its hard for most people to fill their car from a cylinder on the side of the road.

Ah true

> go to main roads
> order replacement plates cause abos
> mail plates to friend with same shitty landcruiser
> hide at pub for a few days
> tell mate to attach plates and drive to checkpoint at adelaide
> ???
> profit
>

Beat the shit out of Falcunt on your way through whatever shit hole town he lives in pls m8

Can confirm the whole lot west of the stuart is sealed bar road works. I've driven it.