I aM iDiOt

Is it dumb to finance a $15k brz limited ($3k down) and dump $12k into turbocharger, wheel/tires, suspension & brakes?

Or should I finance a $25k ($10k down) 996 911 and spend $5k fixing the ims and doing preventative maintenance?

Other urls found in this thread:

ft86speedfactory.com/works-stage-1-simple-turbo-kit-tuned-carb-compliant-2013-ft86-mt.html#.Wn-12OjwbYc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How about buy the brz for $15k.
And THEN mod it.

>financing a 996
oh shit nigger what are you doing?

i need to keep some money in the bank for a project of mine that might make me some money in awhile

>Is it dumb to finance a $15k brz limited ($3k down) and dump $12k into turbocharger, wheel/tires, suspension & brakes?
Yea thats really fucking dumb

Your latter option is way more fiscally responsible

How about buy a BRZ and don't mod it because I guarantee your stupid ass isn't smart enough to do a stable modification like adding a turbo charger or suspension system if you can't manage your finances responsibly like financing a 15k car but blowing 12k on shit

yeah, I guess so but having a vanilla unmodified 996 911 doesn't seem as fun as having a newish boost mobile with a couple of mods

Why are you financing used cars?

Idk what your goal is, but 12k and everything these listed is gonna be a bit of a let down.

You don't sound technically inclined to do any sort of modification if you're asking questions like these

i was going to hire people who know what they're doing to do it

You're an even bigger idiot, just stop. You can't just say "I'll have it modded" because you clearly have no idea what that entails or why its so stupid if you to blow so much money on a project like that. It would be FAR superior for you to buy a better car from the get go that is stock because the stock settings are far more stable than a professional tune will ever be. Also it'll probably be warrantied

You can do wheels, brakes and suspension but if you move into turboing these things, you are going too need a lot of money.

Turbo kit alone will end up running you 5-6k before you start messing with fuel and internals.

>arguing with a busriding LARPer
wtf man just ignore the thread and move on

I was just going to get this: ft86speedfactory.com/works-stage-1-simple-turbo-kit-tuned-carb-compliant-2013-ft86-mt.html#.Wn-12OjwbYc

and get some cheapish wheels like rpf1's and r888's

suspension/brakes would just be minor enhancements not coilovers and bbk

Just save your money and get a better car right off the bat

get a 370z or a used porshe or some other car. don't mod it

You will hate yourself if you decide to spend that much and still have under 250wheel.

i would have spent about as much as people who bought the BRZ new, so it's not that bad... plus 230-240whp is pretty quick in a car that light r-right?

stop

>I aM iDiOt
>Is it dumb to finance

Hey maybe ur not that dumb.

If you have some kink fetish for a turbo brz, I wont talk you out of it.

Just prepare to drop more money than you thought on this project.

Buy a car that isn't slow from the factory.

Im use to 500whp+ cars so I think 200 range is something that would be too slow for me to daily.

>blow 15k on a car plus interest, plus 12 in shitty mods to make a car with about 250hp
>the car is naturally unstable, its not warrantied and theres no guarantee of performance or longevity or reliability

or you can buy a new 370z, used corvette, used Porsche, tons of cars with similar efficacy to a brz without all the nonsense

test drove the 370z and I couldn't shift it smoothly

looks like i'll just get a 996.2 and fix the ims thanks for talking some sense into me guys.

If you cant afford it in with cash, dont buy it. Financing is the fucking jews way of running the economy

Don't mod it, its not worth it, only do repairs to fix things broken and perform basic maintenance prescribed by the manufacturer

i'm definitely gonna mod it, with breathing mods, a nice prototipo wheel and wheel/tires

just buy the brz and keep it stock for a year

and then decide to mod it or trade up for your cuck porche

just buy a c5 zo6 you nigger. the fug?

>chebby man bringing the brains into the thread

A Porsche is a very expensive car to keep running. Also the 996 generation is an abomination. If you have extra cash and bad taste, then do it. Since you are financing I don't think you do.

Just get the BRZ.

Is the bank going to let you do this to a financed vehicle? My gf has a car on finance and I'm not even allowed to service it.

As much as I agree, I'm going to say that the only things you should finance are houses and cars.