Tesla posted a $1.96 billion loss for the yea

Press F

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8Cdyuq5IC3k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>press f
Nope, no restepah

ouch
musk has plenty of cash to throw on the fire to scale up production though, and once they're at scale they'll earn that money back extremely fast

>get free money
>still in red
Lmao

>tripfagging all ngiht

you might want to hang around a little longer without posting to find out what a trip is

He's not tripfagging. I hate knowing newfags own Veeky Forums now.

>musk has plenty of cash to throw on the fire to scale up production though

this is assuming 2 things:

1) that they can still turn out a decent car with upscaled production (they have not been able to with their current low volume so im not hopefull)
and
2) that the people that pre ordered are patient enough to wait to get a shit mass produced car and don't just demand their money back. The people that ordered these wanted to be part of some exclusive club so my bet is that they will pull out sooner or later.

S

Seriously fuck this company. Can't wait to see these fuckers go down under.

yeah their QC problems aren't great but they tend to improve on them rather quickly once they're in the wild, and they'll be catching those issues with the model 3 early on while only a few are out there

they'll plenty patient enough, those 400k are the rabid fans that will wait years and are rooting for tesla since they believe in the mission or whatever.

once it's out of the preorder phase it'll probably have most of the kinks ironed out and production will be up to proper capacity.

it's weird, it's almost like an early access game on steam, where it "launches" but then much later has a "Real" launch when it's ready. although hopefully it's a good one like subnautica.

They're putting tesla products in home depot now. So increased power wall and Solar roof tiles should help.

I've been here for 6 years and I don't know the difference either.

>once it's out of the preorder phase it'll probably have most of the kinks ironed out and production will be up to proper capacity.

If your going to use videogame analogy to describe this situation then you know it could just as easily turn into a Mass Effect Andromeda scenario where the diehards preorder only to be so disappointed that they scare off the people looking to get the second wave.

Every new car make has shit QC.

Kia and Koniegsegg alike.

you'll see some folks with non-bolded green text after their "names" that's usually a jumble of alphanumeric characters. that's a tripcode, it's a means to have a unique identifier that cannot be copied. a normal name by comparison can just be copied

i mean, i guess, but from what i hear the later runs are already improving. for tesla the hard part is just making more cars and making them faster. high volume is fucking HARD
yeah but the X had some serious door problems and like splitting A pillars (yikes)

He is namefagging though

tesla doesn’t have plenty of cash to throw on the fire. that’s why they are still taking 20% and 100% deposits on the new roadster. it’s also why they have prioritised model 3 all wheel drive orders over short ranger orders.

tesla won’t be out of the preorder phase this year.

probably not by next year either, but plenty of people saw this coming desu.

Yeah but revenue was $12 billion for the first time. No ones gonna pull out of a country raking in billions like they're Apple

>post yfw you didn't buy into the Tesla meme

I can’t wait to see the people crying about the money they lost in preorders for a car that is either shit or never comes, like it wasn’t clear from the beginning that it was a terrible idea to buy into.

S

Why does Veeky Forums hate them so much? Is it because they don't like electric cars.

It's just the fanboys honestly. I have no issues with the car and would happily daily a P75 if I could afford it. But as soon as you point out that the car isn't perfect or that it doesn't appeal to enthusiast hordes or soyboy betas emerge and it's just annoying.

appeal to enthusiasts,

>musk has plenty of cash to throw on the fire
Tesla owes something like 25 billions.

I've worked directly with Tesla and designed systems in their facility. They hand picked their engineering team but none of them know how to build a car or set working quality levels or tolerances.

It'd be like if Apple designed cars.

What name is used for engineering issue tickets within the company?

And on top of that all their senior leadership has turned over in the last 18 months. Why would high ranking employees leave if Tesla is truly on the breakthrough edge of mass production? Can’t wait to see them fail.

And he dodges the question. Why lie anonymously on the internet?
A. Tesla doesn't farm out any engineering to contractors.
B. "They hand picked their engineering team" as opposed to what, the engineers just happened to be in the building they bought and they had to keep them? Every company hand picks their engineers, it's called the hiring process.
C. "their engineering team" there are dozens of engineering teams, you think a small group of people designs cars at any company?
At least think before making up stories.

SHORT

What a terrible logo. Wtf.

>musk has plenty of cash
Yet they need to issue junk bonds. Probably because he doesn't want to put more of his money into a failing business.

Source for any of these claims?
I'd love to rub in the face of anyone who's been captured by the Tesla meme

Worst part is that they're all nocars that swear that the electric car is the second uprising

>spoonfeeding a newfaggot

>buying in to the tesla meme

This is bad news, Tesla was supposed to be the saviour of Motorsports.

The barrier to entry for starting a car company is so high that I'm hoping he succeeds - even if he is building faggy obama-cars

and what will you do when he proves you wrong?

I'm no elon musk fan boy. But he got where he is for a reason.

youtu.be/8Cdyuq5IC3k
whats the deal with all these manchildren gimmicks in the car?

Preorders are refundable

S

fuck off

how is that even possible you retard

it literally is apple designing cars though

and spaceships too i guess

>12 minutes

>Saviour of motorsports
>No cars in motorsports

Why are teslafags so retarded?

yeah but what about that elise they took and made worse

also what about the new one that costs a billion dollars and will probably never actually make production

Ok Tesla is fucking gay and so is Elon, I'll agree on that, but they have forced other manufacturers hand on EVs which is a good thing. Also SpaceX is fucking cool and actually making people interested in space again as well as pushing new boundaries for reusable rockets.

The entire fucking problem with Tesla is that I'm convinced the entire company, from Musk on down, doesn't actually like cars. They like technology, not cars. Teslas aren't cars for people who like cars, they're cars for people who like computers and smartphones. Which is fine if you're in that niche, but I don't want the entire auto industry dragged in that direction.

Elon crashed is McLaren F1 the day he got it you know

No wonder all he cares about for the teslas is drag racing if he actually has to do a real race he sucks

>Yet they need to issue junk bonds.
[citation needed]

>but they have forced other manufacturers hand on EVs
no, the government and a global hippie meme push on banning the ICE because "muh global warming" did.

Automakers are global entities these days, and with Europe outright moving to BAN the ICE in many places, automakers like Ford who dont care what US consumers want, will just go full steam with electric globally.

Also, even in the US, Commiefornia is the largest car market in the country, and they are getting real strict about cars too.

Mind you, tesla was never exactly "ahead" of other automakers in electric car design. GM put out an electric car with 160 Miles of range that charged in under 8 hours in the fucking 90's.

the kind of technology tesla is playing with has existed at more or less it's current capacity since the 90's. it just never took off because

A. There was no demand or push for it
and
B. Detroit was determined to keep it that way

This is why I respect Rimac.

The founders have always made sure to mention that they love cars, and their approach to making an Electric car was to go in with all the things they like about regularsupercars cars and apply them to an electric supercar.

>launch a FUCKING SPACE SHIP just for fun
>go out of business
laughing my asshole off

Tesla is a techbro company.

They can't really build cars.
Now that everyone else is getting their shit together, Tesla has problems. If I was Elon... I'd be licensing out the supercharger connector and trying to get everyone on board with using his supercharger network. Build up that network and infrastructure. Leave the car making to people who have been doing that very thing for decades and can do it better..

I didn't dodge any question, but you are completely wrong in that Tesla doesn't contract engineering.

I designed quite a bit in your facility...

it's clear Spacex is where Musk's real passion lies. Like another guy here said, Musk is a tech guy who likes tech, not cars. space shit is pure "tech stuff".

that said, launching a tesla into space was also a marketing move. And it sort of worked. I recall hearing tesla stock rose in the aftermath of that. Imagine the marketing: "What other automaker can boast that their cars have been to space?"

>I didn't dodge any question
Yes, you did. Let's try again.

What name is used for engineering issue tickets within the company?

You cannot have designed a single screw to a glovebox light if you don't know the answer.

>Preorders are refundable
Not when there's nothing to refund. That's the thing about debt, user.

He could be bullshitting for all we know, but facilities design is left to 3rd parties specializing in it. Didn't see him claim to be designing anything on a car anyway.

>Didn't see him claim to be designing anything on a car anyway.
>none of them know how to build a car or set working quality levels or tolerances.

So this guy is deciding where the soda machine goes, peaks over the shoulder of an actual engineer, and decides their work isn't being done properly, is that the story he's trying to tell? Of course he's bullshitting.

Pretty much this.

They've ironed out a lot of details in 2017 and production is starting to swing towards the green. Is the value over inflated? Yea. Is the company going under? Nope. Remember, Musk owns a lot more than just a car company. Everything ties together.

As for the people waiting, they will. They have to. Many of them are posh upscale faggots, anyway, who are all bragging about "muh electric movement and nature help" actions. It is a status symbol just like buying a shitpod in high school. Everyone and their cousins new a generic chinese made mp3 player did the exact same thing (or better) for 1/4 the price, but it was the cool thing to do to have a shitpod.

Tesla isn't a real car company, they push the cars as a meme and for gubment subsidies in a less competitive industry while Elonzo Musk can rake in cash off all his new battery and circuitry patents and propulsion methods he can toss in to his SpaceX company.

by being a "car" company he avoids directly competing with battery kings in LG, Samsung, Panasonic, BYD and Sony and only has to deal with corporate espionage from the Detroit 3, who are so incompetent they couldn't stay fiscally solvent in a market that is all but controlled through tariffing to favor them.

Oh wow. I didn't see this coming when they revealed a sports car 3 years early and told people to preorder in full today.

>implying Tesla is bad
What they're doing today was sci-fi a few years back.

big daddy government needs to shut off the taps and kill these fucking idiots off right goddamn now

>Everything ties together.
wish it didn't desu, i get the feeling his companies are somewhat limited by his presence, so they engineers can't do their own thing they're just an arm of musk in some industry

also if you look on glass door for reviews, apparently musk has a habit of barging into the design process and making mandates like "it MUST have x" even if x doesn't have much market appeal and will cause a lot of pain to implement

I didn't design the cars jackass. I designed multiple machines and systems in the facility.

like what?

> I designed multiple machines and systems in the facility.

>none of them know how to build a car or set working quality levels or tolerances.

How would you know this if you didn't work on the cars? If you designed machines that means you worked at the Fremont facility. Engineering is in Palo Alto. How would you have any knowledge of the engineering process as a contractor at the manufacturing facility? What is your actual job, plumber? "Sanitation technician"?

lay off him he's clearly underage

Daily reminder that the model 3 does not have a windshield wiper lever on ANY trim level

have they met production targets for any of their models yet ?

>Tesla is one giant pyramid scheme

Prove me wrong

You're a fucking moron kill yourself immediately.

S and X, yes, the X has been fine for a while now
the 3 is getting a hot rod shoved up its ass and the rod is named "volume production efficiency", it's not a pretty sight

>"What other automaker can boast that their cars have been to space?"

Um, GM, and there's actually did something useful instead of just floating around

>general moontors

No it's not

It was an EV too lol, GM did this shit almost 50 years ago and Tesla is all excited about some lame cuck shit

All those sweet sweet government subsidies gone. Just like that, amazing, truly amazing

It must be nice having all that 0-60 power, but fit and finish are absolutely horrendous, rattle everywhere, panels don't align , reliability is not good.

Too many cons to even consider it.

Exactly what are they doing that is so sci fi?? Having the bed of your car be a 1 tonne lithium ion battery pack that is not easily serviceable at all?? Having no quality control ? They just made an "attractive" ev instead of a boring prius, and touted it a being "green" and eco friendly, when the reality is very different. People with lot's of cash took the bait, and now it's became something of a status symbol. Technically speaking the car hasn't made any forward leaps in technology not more than the first roadster. It's just an electric toy car that is fun to drive.

I dont hate electic cars. I hate poorly made ones and thats a field that Tesla excels in.

I know it might be hard to grasp for someone with autism like yourself
but imagine this for a second
a human being walks up to another human being and talks to them
because that's very likely what happened here

>all that 0-60 power
for like a minute and then it overheats

>you'll see some folks with non-bolded green text after their "names" that's usually a jumble of alphanumeric characters.
Go the fuck back, all of you.

interesting, can't wait for Doug to tell the quirks and features of this vehicle

So it's an American car, then.

Yeah the coolant pump for the batteries also seems something you need to be wary off . Carguru just did a installation or disassembly of one, can't remember

After seeing the review of the velar i am totally dumbfound about those stupid screens not working, that to me is just insane, you need the gps for some emergency hop in the car and the screens are all off and don't work . How is that even acceptable??