First car out of college. $9500 and 77k miles. Talk me out of it

First car out of college. $9500 and 77k miles. Talk me out of it

Other urls found in this thread:

suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/search.html?cn=DE&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&isSearchRequest=true&makeModelVariant1.makeId=18700&makeModelVariant1.modelId=6&maxPowerAsArray=KW&minPowerAsArray=KW&scopeId=C
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What year?

$9500 is too much. Also at around 80k you'll have to replace the valve gaskets soon or you'll have to top it off with oil every 500 miles.

2005. A manual of course

$9500 is way too much for a DE 350z.
$5000-$7000 is far more reasonable.

eh, I have a 2007 HR 6MT only payed $4800 and it has 124k miles which isn't too bad, you can get a better deal.

I payed $6000 for a DE Roadster (because I'm a faggot) with 80k miles.
Basically you're getting a shit deal, OP.

Only if you plan on fixing it.

Honestly if you have $9000 you can get a super clean and low mile 350z HR instead. 2007+ had this engine

Don't get anything older than an '07. I have an '05 G35 and this thing goes through oil like there's no tomorrow.

Replace your valve cover gaskets, dingus.
This is fucking common knowledge among DE owners.

if you can find an unmolested one go for it
i promise you wont

It's not that hard.

It's boyracer and you'll want something more practical in a couple years. Pull up in that to the work parking lot and you'll mark yourself as the kid in the office.

Get a sedan.

>In b4 triggered NEETs

Image is important in any job.

Sedan is heavy turd, most are salvage title or way too many miles

Nobody gives a fuck about what car you drive at work you underage larper.

>Complains about second hand sedans driven by business men and Grandpa's
>wants to buy second hand boyracer 350z that got modded and hooned by a Mexican and his cousins

Kek. Used sedans will always be in better shape than used affordable sports cars. Never buy a used sports car.

Trust me, man. I'm 27. A bunch of new hires at 22 gets coupes. By my age they're driving sedans. If you want something fun, split the difference and get a 3 series with 4 doors and a manual.

They do. You're just too socially incompetent to notice.

literally this

Oh I know. I've actually had the gaskets for months, it's just that I haven't gotten around to doing it.

g35 is the correct answer

Dumbest thing I have heard.

22, drive a focus st
My manager drivers a focus st
One of our truck drivers tracks a focus st
FoST is the barrier breaker.

Fuck you and your shitbox.

This is a good option.

no they dont

>Works a job where he interacts with truck drivers

I'm talking about corporate, white collar jobs. Not poor people jobs like yours.

You mean an office job where you make less than me because I actually do physical labor? lolZ

If projecting some meme image with a black german sedan matters in your corporate job, congrats on being in sales, one of the departments where you can actually go somewhere! Who ever heard of a CEO who used to work in accounting, right?

But also sorry about being in sales, one of the departments where those who go nowhere, actually go nowhere. At all.

It’s too expensive for what it is. I’d try looking at different areas for a different 350z or just wait until a better deal shows up cause I guarantee you there will be one

pigfat

g35

>be engineer
>drive shitbox civic
>have more fun talking points on wacky resourceful solutions and fixes I do over weekends over having unremarkable luxury car that costs 10x as much and paying someone else to do the work

Good car but go for an HR if you want that body style or a nismo
Also 370z is mostly a direct upgrade but not as cheap obviously

If you need the corporate image or w/e g35/37 sedans came with a manual until around 2012 i believe

That was exactly me before, I work in engineering as well but civil side. After a few months of that every one is just telling me I have to replace my 1992 Cadillac Deville before I die or it breaks down.

What I found funny scared people instead.

Maybe if you drive a pos with a missing door and broken window.

Far more practical for you to go lease a GM or Ford base shitbox for $200/month, $0 down. Chevy Cruz or Ford Fusion aren't actually shit boxes, come standard with everything you need.

That dated boy racer shit will be get old real fast. Not to mention insurance...

>Recommends making payments on a DOMESTIC shitbox
>Says a 350z will get old before a modern shitbox does
>Would rather you be in debt then have a fun payed off car

Haaaaa, your advice will be get old real fast. Just because your poorfag ass got into debt because of poor finacial decisions such as leasing cheap cars doesnt mean OP has to.

OP buy a 350z 2007+ manual only please. Its fun, reliable and gets 25 mpg if you go easy on it.

Also "corporate" image is a meme, be yourself and be good at what you do and nothing else will matter. Stop assuming OP's life path

Get a civic for 3k. Save money for moving expenses or buying a house.

I work with about 50 other engineers and everyone either drives a Honda civic, a prius, a Honda fit, or a truck. It doesn't matter that these people are making 80k-140k a year if they're not into cars they're not into cars.

There's a difference between buying a boy racer 350z and a practical Honda.

Didnt remember OP asking for finacial advice even though none of you know his situation

Nobody will give a single shit that you drive a 350z.

the domestic shitboxes lease reallyyyyyyy well. and it's 2018, they come loaded with features. tear it up for 20 months and then buy something.

just started a career, I'm not driving an old ass meme machine. and i don't want to deal with used car maintenance. a chevy cruze will get like 40mpg, warranty, free loaner cars, free roadside. it's a no brainer

paying 2 year lease up front would like like $4k. STRESS FREE 2 years to begin career

Except for the fact that you're going to be leasing for the rest of your life and it never gets as cheap as the first one

Having a shitty car isnt stressful for everyone

Jesus, You sound like you work at a dealership. No one cares, you leased a shitty cruze congrats. Not everyone wants to drive a numb shitbox everday, some peoplr actually enjoy driving which OP seems like he does.

OP wants a fun car and he wants something paid off. Going into debt over a shitty new car is something he doesnt wanna do which is evident at the types of car he is lookong for.

Nissan VQ engines are very robust and can go well over 200k with proper and timely maintainence. I own a 350z its very light on maintancr just change ur oil and sparks and tires on time and your good

Instead of driving an insufferable numb penalty box u can have a fun and fast sports car for cheaper

Buy a 370z instead.

03 owner here, get yourself an 07+ with an HR in it. Trust me, the DE eats oil.

i've only ever seen women drive these

r u cute?

i drove a practical used car after college and it sucked, annoying, paying for shit that breaks. no thanks.

life became easier when i began leasing. used cars are for college dropouts and various other plebs

leasing gets a bad rap when people lease expensive shit they can't afford. leasing a practical great mpg domestic car for $200/month is a no brainer

driving a 15yo sports car as a 22yo young professional is retard tier

the valve cover gaskets are not the reason these things eat oil, it's usually the piston rings

>implying a 15yo nissan is in any way more comfortable than a 2018 shitbox
if anything will be insufferable it's an old ass nissan with no modern creature comforts that will break constantly and he'll have to pay out of pocket for

a decent set of tires for the 350 is like 12 months of lease payments on a brand new "shitbox"

Why is it retarded? Other than projecting a bad image.

Even a piece of shit car id reasonably reliable. Who cares if you have an issue once every 6 months that costs 200 bucks to fix?

Why not just suggest he get a 3k civic if you dont care about driving experience? Its much cheaper and still reliable.

meanwhile in germany

suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/search.html?cn=DE&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&isSearchRequest=true&makeModelVariant1.makeId=18700&makeModelVariant1.modelId=6&maxPowerAsArray=KW&minPowerAsArray=KW&scopeId=C

he's college educated and has a decent job. no need to drive a COMPLETE shitbox. he can afford to buy some dignity. a $3k civic is disgusting...and there's a risk and time & energy involved with any used car

...just lease something cheap for 20 months, early trade-in after 18

>leasing
>ever
Unless it's a 80k luxury German car it's retarded

yeah $2k a year to drive a new 40mpg, warranty, oil changes, loaners, roadside, on star, xm radio, nava screen is retarded

I'm university educated and working in engineering and driving a 25 year old Cadillac with no heat or cooling and substantial frame rust.

Why does a new grad deserve a nice car? Save up a bit first and learn what living with shit is likr then you'll appreciate having nice things later a few years later in life.

You're not an enthusiast

Get the fuck off this board you faggot.

I don't consider a Chevu cruze or Ford fiesta-fusion-focus "nice" ... just practical , safe, cozy, and cheap. no surprises

>live like shit because I said so >:( waaaah
Fucking baby, I graduated and bought a nice BMW immediately after starting my job I don't give a shit

Nice 318i ;^)

Sounds like you have buyers remorse.

But carry on driving characteless, joyless worthless pieces of shit designed for people who don't care about their finances nor cars and keep telling yourself you made the right choice.

I'll enjoy driving my 15 year old sports car like god fucking intended.
By racing it on the track.

I bought a used 6 series :^)

There's nothing wrong with a 3 series inline 6, it's the best size everything else is landboat tier

>hfw he realizes plumbers make more than him with zero student loan debt while they also spent far less time in school

This, some plumbers make 150k+ a year

>that wheel to tire ratio

im a young engineer and everyone at work loves my skyline GTR. youre just a faggot

I'm going to be the dude who tells you to buy a 3k civic and invest the rest lol

If you're trying to be cool, just lift weights. Much fun can be had with a civic

yeah but theres a pretty major difference between the car in OP's post and a skyline GTR, no?

working in a corporate job a few years this "image" bullshit really makes me laugh

good thing you pathetic ladder climbing cucks are getting 4% a year raises instead of poor old me at 3%, gotta make sure you keep up on those lease payments, along with condo payments right?

buy an unraped sti or 3000gt vr4 pls

you're just too obsessed with what others think about your car

Pic related is 100% the reason why I don't like them.

Doorhandles really?
Sti unraped will run 15k+ easily out of OP's budget, 3000gt vr4 as a daily, the car will break every 1k miles hell no
If he views car's as an appliance like you do then yes I would agree with the 3k civic meme, but its obvious OP wants a fun and enjoyable enthusiast car, 350z is a good daily, I had mine for around a year now and I was never inconvenienced by my Z.

Also, that lease a GM fag needs to leave this board, its obvious he is a normie who doesn't give 2 shits about cars.

My 2 cents OP, you have the money to get a solid 2007+ 350z with the new engine that makes 306HP, get that one don't get the pre 2007 models.

>Doorhandles really?
The rest of the car isn't very nice looking either, but those tacked on, early 00s door handles are fucking repulsive. Save up and get the 370z.

Then get a G35 Sport Coupe you fucking fag

looks better than the 370z tho

The 370z is more retarded looking and has practically the same doorhandles.

Why pay like $5000 more for only like 20 extra HP and a more pigfat Z

Nah, pre-facelift 370 with the shark fascia is the best looking one

I leased a sorta shitty economical car for 2 years, during that time I got promoted a couple times and then leased current SUV, jeep grand cherokee limited which i lease for $350/month $0 down. absolutely zero remorse -- except for the couple years i drove used demoralizing shitboxes which would break and need tires brakes etc and made me hate life for wasting time and life driving used cars.

go to college, afford a better lifestyle. only 20-something once

>wasting time and life driving used cars.

Your not a automotive enthusiast, only soyboys who cant change their own fuses would say such a thing.

Go to another board, this hobby is not for you.

It's ugly, fat, and you can't even drive stick or know how to drive a RWD car. By all means get it. One less poster on this board. Your inevitable crash pleases my penile glands. They purr

NO THEY ARE SHIT CARS BE PREPARED TO BE BEATEN BY MINIVANS AND SPEND YOUR RETIREMENT REPAIRING IT EVERY WEEK.

>please don't buy them and drive the prices up before I can afford one this spring

>I enjoy cars until they require me to actually be engaged with them

this is why cars are seen as appliances

it's a piece of shit and looks like an abomination

ur opinion is shit.

Stop posting and keep driving ur 3k civic to ur miserable job

This, if you can find one in manual. I'm 6'4" and could fit properly in the back, about as practical as a sedan.

Subjectively ugly, not-as-fast-as-you'd think nip trash. I'm not fond of these cars, and If you buy one most people won't care what it is.

Buy a G35 instead OP.
I’m personally going to be buying a G37S this weak, can’t wait.

Price is on the higher side, but if that's the best you can find then go for it.

Try to ignore the autistic screeching of Veeky Forums because it's definitely a better choice than the turds most of these manchildren are driving. Literally one of the best cheap two-doors on the market for the price atm.

>Valve gasket
>Valve
>Gasket

Meant valve cover gaskets.

Do you have money to keep chasing after it with repairs?

Do you wish to be the one working on the car, or paying out of your nose to always have it in a shop?

If no to either one of those, then fuq no.

I've had a 350z with high miles for a long time and I only had to work on repairs a handful of times. I don't know what you're talking about.

Dont reply to these faggots. They think u have to repair your car every week if u buy used while they get cucked by stealerships into getting in debt over lifeless shitboxes.

I have owned my Z for almost a year and only had to replace tires, plugs and oil.

Have you done the infamous valve cover gaskets yet or were those done before you bought the car?
Or do you have the HR 350z?

Consider cycling instead. A lot more fun. Healthier. Cheaper. Feel like a special snowflake on the road, if there are few cyclists in your area. I regret not having started cycling earlier.