Corolla or Civic?

Corolla or Civic?

Rather go for a Ford or something honestly.

That's not an option here.

Mazda 3

The civic. As far as soulless econoboxes go, it doesn't get any worse than toyotas

you mean a ford sedan? why in the fuck ever would you choose that over these two extremely more reliable cars? at least the trannies on these two cars won't shit the bed after a month.

Civic for 3k.

Corolla is gonna be more reliable, but civic more fun to drive

Civic

Accord V6

Of those two, definitely a Civic.

But honestly the Civic is a barge at this point- I'd opt for a Fit if I wanted a compact, or an Accord if I wanted a sedan.

Mazda 3 > Honda Civic >>> Toyota Corolla >> Anything American

Ranked in personal preference of desirability in that class of cars

Ford's small cars have been having terrible customer feedback and build quality problems. Don't buy the current shit from them.

Mazda 3.

This.

The Mazda sacrifices an inch or two of legroom and storage space over the civic but the drive is more enjoyable. Honda's previous Civic was pretty shit, and while the current one is an improvement, the Mazda is still better overall.
OP, whatever you choose, just don't get the Corolla.

Neither. If you are going to shell out that kind of money, get something fun. Ford Fiesta ST should be going for cheap now that they are going to discontinue their ST line soon.

>Neither

Fiestas are hot shit

wanted to shoot myself the first month i had one

Corolla. I hate the new corollas, but the base model and LE aren't bad. The civic is much more annoying to drive on a daily basis.

2014 an older get the civic.

As a Corolla owner, the answer is definitely civic.

Camry.

>Civic driver says Corolla
>Corolla owner says Civic
So they both suck?

Mazda 3 hands down. The civic turned to shit a long time ago, and has been only riding its name at this point.

Rolla here, those 1.5 civics looks dope and even if you don't get the si you can hondata that shit and tune it to 190 hp. Rolla will always be 130 hp

The only thing the Civic has over the Mazda3 is Android Auto

Not a small thing but you can flash Android auto onto a Mazda 3 using a usb stick.

Only if it's a pre-facelifted car with an older version of the software, they patched the security hole with an update
Pretty fucking cancerous because they've been saying Android Auto is "coming soon" for like 4 years now

if any1 gets one keep it in sport mode. it stays in the power band 2k-3k and has an engine braking feature that brakes down to 1500 rpm and then takes the car "out of gear" down to idle. feels really connected to the wheels in sport mode. drive is an hero tier cvt bullshit.
or just get the manual.

>cvt
Id rather shove glass down my cock hole

Buy a manual, cunt

Corolla iM

Yaris iA

I had to make this choice @ the end of 2016 and I chose the corolla, it has a base L model that is cheaper than anything Honda has, the corolla is the more reliable car and its cheaper, if you want a little more pep in your engine and a more sporty overall car that costs more get the civic, i got mine brand new for 14k

>spending 14k on a new econobox
14k could've got you a much nicer used car.

na bro instead of having to rebuild the tranny on my used BMW 328i, I get to not worry about my car ever instead

Literally a rebadged Mazda2.

why are you here? you're obviously not an enthusiast.

You can be an enthusiast for reliability too. There is a pride in taking a car over 300,000km.

this place is for all auto discussion, faggot

Other option is to DD an econobox and also have a fun car. I own a Fit and a 1986 911. The Porsche is not a the best choice for sitting in traffic.

If he was that find of enthusiast he would've kept his old car and fixed it.

>wanting to grind gears in a honda

Mazdas are less reliable than Ferd yet they always get shilled here.

300000km isn't even that impressive in a Toyota desu. My dad's 2001 Camry which was treated like absolute shit maintenance wise was only 20000km off and could have made it if he didn't buy another car.

Is that a problem?

git gud

That's the point. I've seen Toyota's over 500,000! Toyota builds boring, underpowered cars, but they are damn near indestructible.

A corolla is relatively cheap too. If you drive for work and need a mule, you can't make a smarter financial decision.

Calm down Scotty

Civic. No question at all.

>Mazdas are less reliable than Ferd
based on what?

Fucking what? Where did you get that idea? Based on a quick google search Focus sales are 2x Mazda 3 sales but you're 4.9x as likely to have an issue with your focus.

If you're fucking the trans on a 8-10th gen civic that's on you

Is there really an differences between the Camry and Corolla nowadays?

Yes. Have you seen anything about the Camry recently?

Camry now looks like shit, but has an upgraded V6 compared to last gen and a higher end "luxury" package than the corolla offers.

300+hp for the v6, I know that. Other than that, I've been wanting to get rid of my '05 Camry, not look at new ones.

The reliability of Mazda with the sportiness of modern Toyota. You don't see the issue?

I'll take the Commodore, thanks mate.

>mazda
>as reliable as toyota or honda
Kek

Current gen wise, civic. Corolla has yet to have a redesign (coming 2019?) and the Civic already has all its models out.

But if I were you, I would pay a bit more for an Accord 2.0T at that point.

>buying new
>buying an accord new
Just get a used v6 camry at that point. At least go for a CPO car.

>14k
You could've bought an amazing used car for that much, instead you got an economy oriented shitbox

>rwd
>spacious, room for 4 to sit comfortably
>big trunk
>v6 or v8 options
And best of all there isn't a big fuel economy difference between a corolla and a V6 Commodore.
My 04 Corolla averaged 7.9L/100km, whereas my 2016 Commodore SV6 averages 9.4/100km. Not that much of a difference considering its got double the power and is a much larger car

>falling for the new meme
Jesus dude at least buy it certified. I got my '11 corolla with 50k miles on it for like 8k. That's nearly half of what you spent with no shitty infotainment system, for the exact same powertrain.

14k could have gotten you a shitload of things that would be a better deal, but if you're happy having the car for the next 20 years, then whatever dude.

>buying a fat lumina
>buying anything GM
Why?

But it's an Australian made car user, they're surprisingly well built. I'd never heard of them until I moved to Australia but they're all I want to own now

Dunno much about yank models but I have personally seen 2 1000000km AU Falcons.

Get the Corolla. Toyota is more reliable than Honda right now

This>Civic>Corolla sedan

If toyota would actually put some decent power into this car, I'd buy one right now