/indie/ - Indie and Misc. Games General

Last Thread: Fucking dead edition.

>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Monolith, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WeCfod1XT7E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_idiocy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fuck me daddy

Really enjoying Darkwood so far. The nights of that game are fucking terrifying, I'm literally hiding behind my bed and hoping the cabinet i pushed against the door will hold up until morning.

Huh. I may give this a try.
>1:30 in the morning too

What are you playing right now? Give me recommendations. Money is no object if you know what I'm mean wink wink.

Support your indie devs, user.

I've been selling PUBG crates like crazy to pay for Hollow Knight my dude. HK for GOTY

Dont die so quickly.

D-de-de-dead.

Followup, that was a really good Prologue. I think I'll enjoy this, but tomorrow. Not tonight.

>Second Darkwood night
>Get the generator up and running
>barricade every windows
>push a cabinet against the bedroom door because some crazy guy managed to slip in last night
>put a bear trap next to it just in case
>Something screams just right to the window
>The lightbulb in the living room explodes
>The one in the bedroom starts to flicker
>SOMETHING IS GENTLY KNOCKING AT THE OUTSIDE DOOR

Good god.

Simply put, they do it for attention. They never intend to really release something, they just want people to talk about them.

I just played this and I spent the entire time repeating the words "This is tumblr, this is SJWs, this is tumblr, this is SJWs..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my chair for the past 30 minutes it was so painful.

>Ayy quirky brown girl lmao
If you liked it you're in the wrong place

Careful, not liking something because it's brown is ray-cist!

I didnt give a shit because i only see her for 2 seconds on the main menu.

>I was writhing around on the floor in front of my chair for the past 30 minutes
user, the character looks like shit, but you're a gigantic sperg.

>Not modding the game so there is a space marine on the main menu
Just look at this bitch and laugh.

Yeah, we know about the SPHESS MERHEENS youtube.com/watch?v=WeCfod1XT7E

man i just have no desire to play more pyre
the sportsball part isn't all that fun and while i do enjoy the dialogue i know it's all gonna end in tears no matter what because that's the only kind of ending that supergiant makes

I dropped Transistor 1 hour in because of that vibe

>I was writhing around on the floor in front of my chair for the past 30 minutes it was so painful.
Holy shit dude calm down.

Do autists have trouble recognizing hyperbole or what

Huh uh. terrible character design aside, what's wrong with that game? What genre even is it?

It's just too easy. The main problem is that the character looks like trash and if you complain about it, you're called a racist bigot.

I knew it was hyperbole, but it doesn't make it any less of a bizarre thing for someone to have typed out.

I actually think that slime rancher nigger is kind of cute and fits the game's overall visual style perfectly.

What does that make me?

A degenerate with a hardon for alcoholics.

A non-autistic person.

Does the game contain a lot of jumpscares or does it manage to rely on it's atmosphere? I bought Prey and was massively disappointed, because I expected a creepier Bioshock not Jumpscare Bugaloo

That character would look fucking terrible with any skin color.

True. But sadly, she's brown, therefore everyone who hates her must be racist.

No jumpscare, that's one of their selling point. It's you, creepy characters and strange woods trapping you in a weird place.

Anyone here wants to play Vagante later?

Reminder that /pol/spergs are cancer and need to be gassed on sight.
No exceptions.

Ironic, he could gas others, but not himself.

>BIG LINCOLN SENDS YOU TO HELL

Niko

I want to kill him.

That looks like a huge waste of gunpowder.

Of course it's a special occasion.

So how's Darkwood?

Got only a few hours clocked in but it's good and scary.

Honestly the weird button eyes and the tumblr red nose bug me more than anything else about this character design

Still, >writhing on the floor because of a character on the main menu only
Is this bait

>Look, if this was all some kind of... ruse, on my part. Why would I lead you, all this way? I'll level with you, yes: I would like it back. I'd very much, if you must know, but at this point I would settle for not being wiped out of existence. I would happily settle for that.

I need some help with Subnautica.
I got the Sunrise shot down, had the first vision from the monster, got a Seamoth built, followed a signal all the way to Botanical Island, and then just found a message.
Plus there's this, stuck in the ground. Is it a bug?

And where's the Alien Containement blueprints? I have a few eggs and I don't know what to do with them.

you know im totally gonna card you right
i'm 21 so...
you know who you remind me of
what?
do you listen to classic rock? sometimes sebastian bach
he's the singer of skid row if you didn't know

Also, someone tell the dev that a Mongolian is a retard. The term he's looking for is Mongol.

Its way funnier that way.

Well, see you in 2023 when ninja tears is done

Hate to break it to you, but you're the retard here. Mongols are an ethnic group, Mongolians are citizens of Mongolia.

I like the quirky brown girl lmao but hate SJW shit, what do

Your next move is "kys lmao"

More like "big lincoln takes you for a friendly walk in the park before you fucking murder him"

That jerk sure gets a lot of attention for how fast I steam rolled his ass.

Wait, that's the actual character everybody's shitting their pants about in that game? That's all it is? Fucking hell, I assumed she'd have like an undercut and shit. Babies.

Quick shitposting.

Bimp.

My game When It Hits the Fan will come out Sept. 19th on Steam and itch.io. Any idea how I should market it from now to then? I'm waiting on some scene art so I can do a story trailer

Have you tried contacting gaming-related websites and such? I'm afraid your game will fly under the radar of everybody but the most avid fans of the genre, as it doesn't look like normie-compatible nor highly ambitious / unique.

Post kot. And bearded dragon. Kot with the bearded dragon!

I'll do all that at most two weeks before release. If I do it too early they'll have something better come along by then. Best to treat attention spans short since that's how people work nowadays

the term you're thinking of is mongoloid

indies?

Finland user, you were not stabbed, right? Don't be dead.

If you're european and never got run over or stabbed you are doing a shit job.

Independent game development teams making games on small to relatively small budgets with teams consisting of no more than twenty people.

Send a key to Super Bunny Hop and ask them to play it

I'll send keys to as many let's players as I can. It's no guarantee that they'll care about it though. Hopefully the fact that it has local co-op will help

i enjoy stardew valley

Mongoloids and melonheads (dolichocephalous hominid) are both extremely intelligent. Dont beleive sape propaganda

Someday I would like to try

Wow, the Ecologist faction really let themselves go when STALKER 2 got cancelled.

If you're american and never got shot you are doing a shit job.

If you're German and heterosexual you're doing a shit job.

Anyone playing Dusk?

No, just googled Mongoloid, it's also an ethnic group.

It's both, for both Mongolian and Mongoloid.

I've only seen the latter ever used to describe downies though.

Well, according to wikipedia, it's not correct either.

Nowadays mongoloid is a racial slur just like negroid.

Negroid is racial slur? I though it was just nigger and negroes.

>leting a cabal of left-wing shits tell you how words are used
Sad!

>implying it's not fun to use ambiguous term to answer "of course it doesn't mean autist, what kind of person are you, to judge without knowing?"

>complain on the Steam forum that the MC in Slime Rancher is ugly
>"nu uh you're the ugly one kek"
Jesus. I thought you couldn't use Steam if you were less than 21?

Moron

You can use Steam if you're 5, you just can't see M rated games. Steam Cards and the wallet trading system makes games accessible to any tyke who skips out on school lunch

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_idiocy

I like her and think she's cute though

Cretin

WELL, FUCK.
I'm not going to be good at this game.

>that crack sound effect as his neck snaps
>the way his head hangs due to the broken spine

Technically, you can be a vegetarian (especially in Story Mode, where there's a lot of flood lying around) but the renewable meet sources are all animals, so it's only a matter of time in long Sandbox sessions...

I couldn't kill it. I let it go.
>McKenzie just pets its little head and release it
Aaaaaw...

>being a frog
>posting a screenshot without saying what the game is and what it's about
Faggot.

>not knowing what The Long Dark is
... Seriously? Everyone has been talking about it for a while now.

Anyway, I'll tell you :
BLA BLA BLA no more electricity BLA BLA crashed in snow wasteland BLA BLA semi-realistic game with hyperthermia, hunger, thirst, fatigue and no magic HP regeneration BLA BLA pretty much a scavenging game BLA BLA little crafting, and no base building BLA BLA has a story mode, a survival mode and challenge BLA BLA shooting deers in the ass with a bow made out of cured wolves guts BLA BLA McKenzie is voiced by Commander Shepard BLA BLA devs tell you before you launch the game that it's not intended to be realistic BLA BLA wolves are fucking terminators

Need more details?

>flood instead of food
>meet instead of meet
>tfw I'm this tired b/c of playing Long Dark for long hours

It's the 6th day of the Story mode, isn't it? As the game sharing Knowledge entries about certain game mechanism as you perform those tasks, it'd be interesting to know if you miss anything by not killing any bunnies ever. I think not, but who knows?

I don't know. I got the knowledge for throwing rocks, for finding Astrid's abandoned fire, but nothing when I released the bunny.

And its little scream when I hit him with a rock was too cute. I'm going to be terrible at this game.

>meet instead of meet
Dude...

Yes, why do you talk like that? You took three lines to say it's a survival game in the snow with a campaign and no base.

Because there's a lot more to say and I reached my quota of greentexting for today.

>quota of greentexting
are incompetent

So I have a few questions about the Long Dark :
- what ressources are unlimited?
- how realistic is the game? Like, if I make several fires inside a building, will it warm up the entire building?
- is survival endless or are you bound to die once you exhausted all the ressources?

1) Animals (so meAt + hide + guts), wood (especially after stroms) and coal.

2) You can't make campfires in the building, only at objects designed for this purpose (e.g. fireplace, stove, fire barrel etc.) On the other hand, picking up multiple Torches from a fire and placing around yourself for more / higher warmth (IIRC) works.

3) In Survival mode? Endless, see my first point. Even non-renewable resources can be (unreliably) obtained because of beach combing in coastal areas. However, this is a dangerous action and what you get is depends mostly on pure luck.

>tfw I should really stop but in the middle of a really exciting session

In my defence, I've been waiting for TLD to come out of Early Access for years. And it delivered what I expected in advance, which means a lot as barely any video game could get me excited in the last few years.

I just hope I won't have to kill small, cute rabbits, though. Also, what is "beach combing"? And do the plants grow back? The tutorial mentions small fruits being used in tea to heal wounds.

As I said, technically, you don't have to. In Story Mode resources are abundant, especially food and clothing. The plants do not grow back, but it's very unlikely that you'll run out of them anytime soon. Don't be afraid to harvest, prepare then use them!

You never heard the term "beachcombing"? It's basically going near the sea and taking a look around for items being washed ashore. The trick in TLD is that though everything is frozen, the ice is not always thick enough to be able to support your weight...