Touhou general - /2hug/ - #35

Previous thread >meme arrow edition

>So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ships or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such (but honestly that's not even strange for the genre, don't know why people treat it like it is).

>Why isn't this in /jp/
Some Cirno poster made a thread just for a get and now we're here.

>Where do I start?
the games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there
some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway
1: Arkanoid
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5: Fighting games
The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/classic-era-th6th95.html
moriyashrine.org/retro-era-pc-98.html
Th16:
mega.nz/#!xuRm1biT!1czWFhhxYWokQ3DqKBHTusmJ0N7e6FJcwKqur_0EP1I

>Touhou for bakas
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>West Replays
replays.gensokyo.org/index.php

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.weebly.com/introduction-to-touhou.html

>eraTohoK (plus other era games):
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd

>Touhou fangames (unfinished)
pastebin.com/wGZuqr0q

AoCF:
mega.nz/#!g4d0hRqS!cyFKIH3U_On3zUBNA6GtcIjNjrN3IK4StJBPalFafQM

Who are you quoting?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncse.com/cej/2/2/creationist-misunderstanding-misrepresentation-misuse-second
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

. . . . . . . .

Eh, guess I'll pass since I'm not super worried about the moon bitches unless it's gotta do with gensokyo as a whole.

You'll regret this

Well, what's particularly good about it?

Watatsuki sisters!

Who's stronger: Moonbitches or Hecatia?

>Moonbitches
>good
Are you willing to be serious now?

Well, depends, if Hecatia is pure, then moon bitches would win since they've proven to be pretty bullshit strong. Hecatia of course is impure, being a hell goddess and all so she wins practically by default.

isnt everyone on earth impure though?

Bitch, they literally beat Gensokyo strongest 2hu, Yukari and Reimu. Moonbitches are cool.

they are not cool
they are smug assholes who got what they deserved in our little text game.

Yep, so most people should have a shot at them, if they can somehow spread the impurity to them before getting fucked up by the two.

Problem is Gensokyo's strongest 2hu is Hecatia which is why the question has been raised.
Reimu just always wins when spell card rules are involved

That's what makes them exactly not cool in my eyes, just makes them seem like poorly written asspull characters.

Problem, if Reimu is only capable of winning thanks to spellcard rules, then the spellcard rules would be in a really shaky standing, since Yukari's probably to busy to take every matter into her own hands and there's plenty of youkai around who think they're hot shit.

I've always wondered what happens when spell card rules are outright violated like this. Is there anyone actively enforcing them or is it just an unspoken agreement to use Spell Card Rules

It's a gaping hole that ZUN hasn't seemed to address yet honestly, which makes it honestly really weird given the context of some of the more recent incidents. I mean, the obvious consequences of ignoring the rules in a duel means potential death, but we're not sure on the ramifications for doing so and getting caught after the fact..

There's no really a way to judge how strong a 2hu is other than spellcard battles. Yorihime beat Reimu, Sakuya, Remilia and Marisa in one go. Hell, she can even use the power of many gods.

I seriously doubt that Yukari is weaker than Hecatia.

What? Strong character equals bad writting? So all the other strong 2hus are ass too?

No but blatantly taking on four of the heaviest hitters one after the other, then saying "oh yeah she beat up Yukari!" comes off more of a "This guy beat up superman!" move instead of her actually being strong.

In what way should she show her strength so that you can say she's strong?

ZUN confirmed that Hecatia is strong as fuck in an interview. It's in Strange Creators of Outer World.

Have her end up losing a battle against the girls in the end. Honestly the two of them being so strong opens up massive holes in the setting, since Lunarians think Gensokyo is a nice place to live and the two moonbitches are strong enough to stomp pretty much everyone of them without much trouble, the hell is stopping them from just purifying Gensokyo?

>since Lunarians think Gensokyo is a nice place to live
bullshit
they think the earth is impure

Zun has also confirmed that he's a hack multiple times, your point?

Yes, but to my knowledge they've stated that they're interested and purifying and annexing Gensokyo, which probably wouldn't be too difficult since they can just cordon it off from the outside world with a border and keep all the impurity out.

user, usually when aliens say they want to "purify" something that usually means something very, very bad.

Your knowledge is wrong. The only time they've expressed anything resembling that kind of interest was in LoLK, where they did that as a desperation tactic to avoid getting wiped the fuck out.

Naturally, the Lunarians have no particular reason to care what happens to the denizens of Gensokyo, being impure, lesser beings and all. I think them being "Lmao 2 stronk 4 everyone" makes them pretty lazily written.

I hope Reimu goes back to the moon one day and kicks their ass

Well as ZUN said they're "too strong to be put into a games, they'd only work in manga!" so you won't get the satisfaction of 1ccing their asses. But it would be nice if Reimu had to actually surmount them instead of them forever being "lol 2 stronk 4 u"

To be fair, he said that same thing about Sanae, and look how that turned out.

Reimu is capable of getting stronger.

>Have her end up losing a battle against the girls in the end
Why does losing make someone look strong?

If they were that racist and cold-hearted, then why would Yorihime compromise with the invaders in SSiB and agree to have spellcard battle? She should've just murder them for invading because of how impure they are, but she didn't. Same with Toyhime.

The point I'm trying to make is Lunarian aren't that racist.

IIRC, Yorihime do give an advice to Reimu on how to control and use the power of the gods, right?

Did ZUN say she's the strongest?

Uhhh...I dont think so

Are you ?

He says she exceeds anyone in Gensokyo or the Lunar Capital.

no

Well, Yorihime is pretty strong regardless. She manage to imprison Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya and Remilia with her swords. Not to mention he summoning gods power is way beyond the league of Reimu's.

Her god summoning power is exactly the same as Reimu's. Only difference is, Yorihime actually trains, whereas Reimu just lazes about drinking tea.

couldnt they just step around the fucking swords?

They had EoSD hitboxes.

awh fuck

The power level difference is like between night and day, according to Marrysa.

Yeah, that's kinda how it works. That's like saying the difference in skill between some guy who just started learning how to sword fight last week and some guy who happens to be a professional sword fighter, learning since he was in grade school, is huge.

Training matters. That's why people do it.

Back to page 1.

Why is this little girl so lewd?

Why is she so soft?

Oh hi user! Wanna help this old lady stretch a bit?

Silly Kitsune, Mamizou insists that she's still young.

Who?

Narumi

What did ZUN mean by this?

I think Google Translate needs an improvement.

Post your favourite stage

>cumshot
Never knew ZUN was gay

Is it that time of the year again? Where animals got very horny?

I'm just saying that Reimu is weak as piss, that's all.

12-6

That's still wrong though. The existence of someone stronger than them doesn't make them incredibly weak.

Why are you so obsess with strength definition? Strong/weak exist because of comparison. There's no way to tell if a person strong or weak if the person live alone in a planet with no one to compare to.

Same with heavy/light, fast/slow, long/short, ect. These words exist because of comparison.

o-ok

Cunt

You may have replied to the wrong person, user.

Would you like to comment on my grammar mistake too?

>live in Gensokyo
>literally surrounded by gods and goddesses
>still reject their existence
*tips headdress*
she's still my favorite though

>believing in gods

Has she ever canonly meet the gods of Gensokyo?

>saying God absolutely doesn't exist
>yet have no proof of it
>not taking the neutral route and being agnostic
Typical atheist

>being a fencesitter
Either you do believe or you don't, having "proof" of God basically negates the hole point of faith

I'd love to explain how stupid you are, but this thread is shit anyway so nah.

fuck faith, proof is all that matters

I don't understand?

But having absolute belief in a god's non-existence without proof requires faith that there is nothing that exists beyond your understanding of science, just as believing in its existence does. The only option that requires no assumptions on your part is the acknowledgement that the truth of the matter is unknowable.

Not that I'd expect an idiot from a kusothread to understand that.

what god dwells in the hakurei shrine?

Second Law of Thermodynamics pretty much proof that God exists.

We don't know, but we know there is one, and he's pissed at Reimu not getting him any faith

You don't have any proof they exist but you believe = Faith
If you have proof that they exist than there is no faith involved, you don't have "faith" that elephants exist, because you know they exist, you can go to africa or the zoo to see them, I have no proof God exists, but I still have faith that they're there, not so hard to understand

how so

perhaps she just thinks of them as super powerful beings that call themselves gods and not actual gods (idk if she's from France or something she might only be familiar with the Jesus God and think these are fakers. Seeing Gensokyo she might not believe in God anymore).

the hakurei god duh.
yukari

please stop shitposting and arguing about gods, Sakuya was just trying to make a joke.

>the Law stated that entropy can't decreased
>if the universe exist sinced forever, then the entropy would be universally constant in the past, present and future
>but scientists proof that past entropy is lower in the past
>which can only mean that the universe have a beginning
>something can't come out from nothing
>a mighty being have to created it
>that being is God

you clearly have no idea what you're talking about

The "that was a joke" part was clearly in response to Reimu's accusation

Please tell me which part did I get wrong

Why are you treating faith like it's something important?

But first, do you know what entropy is?

ncse.com/cej/2/2/creationist-misunderstanding-misrepresentation-misuse-second

>god is the only way that the universe could have possibly been created
Ever hear of the big bang?

>Exceeds everyone in Gensokyo and the Lunar Capital
>still beaten by Reimu and the gang
I guess the spellcard rules really are major nerfs to everyone around. I think ZUN should stop adding stronger and stronger characters.

>I think ZUN should stop adding stronger and stronger characters.
that'll never happen lad. ZUN changes his mind constantly, like how he said Sanae would never be a playable character because she is a too strong.

You do know that I'm talking about the whole universe(not the observational universe) and universe is an isolated system? I'm not talking about evolution at all.

The fuck? Enery is matters in disguise(E=mc^2). You think energy/matter can come out of nowhere?

Yeah, at this point it's just getting detrimental to the setting at large. If Hecatia > everyone in the lunar captial means she's stronger than Moonbitches, meaning that what ZUN said earlier about the moonbitches is already invalid . Who says a pair of characters is too strong to put into a game, then puts in someone who's even stronger than them?

Not that guy, but I find the idea of an omnipotent being creating everything far more plausible than the idea of a whole lot of literally nothing suddenly exploding, creating stuff.

I mean, either way matter is created from nothing, unless god had a bunch of spare shit laying about. One requires some asshole who's fucked off to Gensokyo by now and the other requires scientific assumptions, we won't know the answer in our lifetime likely.

>Who says a pair of characters is too strong to put into a game, then puts in someone who's even stronger than them?

Somebody who's drunk as fuck.

>ZUN gets smashed while he's thinking up of the next game codes it all drunk and then wakes up the next morning and regrets reading his drunken notes then tries to play it off
I could believe it

Have ZUN ever 1cc his own game?

I'm pretty sure ZUN has stated that he tweaks the game until he can barely get a Lunatic NB