/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer, hardmod or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Aug 13] magnethax was released.
-In order to run it at the moment, a piece of software needs to be flashed to a DS flashcard. There are multiple ways to do this, such us an already hacked 3DS, Powersaves or the method described here github.com/d3m3vilurr/ak2i_ntrcardhax_flasher
[Aug 11] Hint at a RPG Maker Fes Player 11.5 entrypoint. You can get it for free from the eShop. twitter.com/MrNbaYoh/status/896158813610360833
-A 11.5 entrypoint for Flipnote Studio 3D has also been hinted at. You can get it for free from the My Nintendo service.

>Wii U
[Aug 15] New browser hack method for WiiU on Firmware v5.5.2 gbatemp.net/threads/480966
[Jul 24] Hint at a Crunchyroll entrypoint. twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/889303560655175684

>DSi
[Aug 2] ugopwn leaked. >Vita
[Aug 14] MLTActivator: activate your PS Vita offline wololo.net/2017/08/14/mltactivator-activate-ps-vita-offline/
[Jul 29] Vita online activation no longer works on 3.60, if you haven't activated it Adrenaline will NOT work. gist.github.com/yifanlu/c4cc12d3f1ccaebbf1846b84a69a4bfb
[Jul 29] HENkaku Enso got released. enso.henkaku.xyz/

>PS4
[Aug 3] 4.73 released, blocks MTX Key, ban reports on shared piracy accounts. wololo.net/2017/08/03/ps4-firmware-4-73-released-blocks-mtx-key-ban-reports-shared-piracy-accounts/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XTQinTlhR2g
psdevwiki.com/ps3/Downgrading_with_Hardware_flasher#Checking_console_capability_of_running_3.55
pastebin.com/7RvW7y2i
youtube.com/watch?v=yMOr9g6zgmE
ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=39766
wololo.net/2012/10/31/downgradable-ps3-models/
twitter.com/daeken/status/898449215507972096?s=09
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you're wondering about the OP pic, it's a Mario 64 mod that has just started development. It will allow players to run the game independently while also playing at the same time.
youtube.com/watch?v=XTQinTlhR2g

plz respond

Is it the price to pay for free geam on 3DS

SHITAHAX 361 WHEN
PS4HAX WHEN
SWITCHHAX WHEN (THIS ONE WE KINDA KNOW I GUESS)

R E M I N D E R
E
M
I
N
D
E
R

>THIS ONE WE KINDA KNOW I GUESS
yeah, never ever

forgot to add that the r4i gold can be flashed with an unhacked 3ds

>tfw want to buy new 2DS
>but no homebrew
It hurts

Are you ignoring magnethax released?

>$15 flashcart that can get you cfw

Oh. Is there more elaboration/steps somewhere? The stuff in the OP seems a bit blunt.

Guide has it all

I'm trying to update from a9lh to b9s. I'm at the part where it says
"Boot your device while holding (Start) to launch the Luma3DS chainloader menu"

But it just loads me into GodMode9 explorer and I don't know what to do.

ntrboot in the guide

It isn't if you actually read.

How do I get online without system updating?

>he doesn't know

How do I know if I successfully installed boot9strap?

>r4i gold
How long did it take you guys to get yours with free shipping?

press start

You mean on start up? That takes me to Godmode9

select

What MicroSD would you guys recommend purchasing?

That takes me to the Lumas3ds configuration screen.

read

Got it from tech3ds while they were up for that day, only 3-4 days. nds-card usually takes like 3-4 weeks.

No where on the screen does it bring up boot9strap.

I know

>nds-card usually takes like 3-4 weeks.
Jeez.

Alright, thanks.

Ok I'm asking how do I know if I installed it or not.

Do you have it in your SD card? Are you using Luma 7.1+?

Once you've updated to the latest b9s, is it safe to system update to 11.5?

My Lumas version is 8.1.1

It's from China m8, it's free shipping for a reason

You can't run Luma 8.1.1 if you aren't using b9s.

Go to system settings, if it says "Sys" where "Ver" would normally be next to the version number, then you have b9s installed

that just means he's running cfw

I never unbanned myself after the Pokemon Moon ban wave, is there a way to do that now without having another 3ds or have system tranferred before?

There's the "Read the OP" way if I remember correctly, but it's a bit complicated for people like you.

when playing arcade games on the vita how do you play other characters?
for instance atm in stuck as playing magrge in the simpsons arcane game. how do i change that?

So is it still safe to use Freeshop?

yes

So i have this on standby for when we need it, just needs some offsets and any code relating to a potential checksum and/or encryption which will set it back a bit depending how autistic it gets (thank fuck Konami isn't working on it).

I'm still not completely sure whats unlocked besides the fusion mode stuff, it's pretty much a bunch of cheat tanks and art+sound from the looks of it. Either way fuck paying for it.

lol

godspeed user

I can only install e-shop games on vWii on my SD or WBFS partition?
There is no space on WiiU to install these games?

What happens if 8 players build up speed for 12 hours at the same time?

Can I downgrade my PS3, or should I just buy a new one with 3.55

depends which ps3 it is.

The model number is important, what is it?

How do I get unbanned? I downloaded a file from pastebin months ago but I got banned again

ah yes the public 3ds friend code seed was banned you need a new one.
the ps3 dev wiki has a handy list of sku numbers for you psdevwiki.com/ps3/Downgrading_with_Hardware_flasher#Checking_console_capability_of_running_3.55

write your own Nintendo id instead of using a public one. don't use cheats online and u wont get banned.

how can I get a new one?

I downloaded the file and put on my 3ds, then I went to play MK7 online m8, I didn't used any cheat.

try this one pastebin.com/7RvW7y2i

thanks, will try

Looking at the list, I have a CECH-20xx (DYN-001)

i updated my 3ds by mistake to 11.5 from 11.3, now i can't open hbc, nor update luma, what should i do?

ah a good motherboard just be careful if you have a Samsung nor chip they kind of suck. anyway to down grade it you need an e3flasher with a a solderless clip here is a guide youtube.com/watch?v=yMOr9g6zgmE its a bit outdated but you can use this as well ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=39766 . rebug rex is the best cfw so use that.

oh and replace the ps3 thermal compound with artic silver while your in there and vacuum the dust out. you also want to adjust the fan speed in webman

wololo.net/2012/10/31/downgradable-ps3-models/

Manually update luma.

Since there's no dedicated 3DS general, I'll just drop this here.
Does anyone happen to know which part should I replace if my circle pad takes too much time to return to the neutral position?
The analog stick or the thumb stick?

The whole piece.

I keep getting an error when trying to update my 3ds through the system settings, still on 11.2 and just updated to b9s. Should I just ignore this completely and let it sort itself out?
Or will this come back to bite me in the ass one day?

>sent nds-card an email
>many hours later, still no email back

I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF YOU SHIPPED MY CARD YOU CHINKS

Is there any way to reattach the top part of a circle pad? I've tried superglue, but it doesn't stick to it.

superglue needs surface to stick to clean the plastic part and the rubber and then try again. perhaps try scratching up the plastic part to give it a surface to adhere to. it worked for me on my old3ds.

ty

You can just buy the full assembly that just hooks on with a ribbon cable, which is most likely what you want to do.

Somehow minutes after making this post they email me back. Are they lurking this thread?

No we aren't.

It is like midnight in China right now; I'm surprised they responded as quickly as they did.

Is it possible to mod any Project Diva on the vita and add more models like on the PSP?

Sure if you know how to hack game files.

What are some cute and addictive platform games for 3DS you guys recommend? I'm about to beat the Kirby games and I'm thinking of trying Shantae games next. But if you guys have any suggestions I'll be happy.

(I also have a DS flashcard so if you guys have anything noteworthy for it it's welcome as well)

Shovel knight is good.

ROT
In
PISS

Dabposter! I will not miss you.

Should i buy a switch now or will i get cucked by moralfag devs? Still waiting for that fucking 3.55-4.05 ps4 exploit

What did he mean by this?
twitter.com/daeken/status/898449215507972096?s=09

>having literally any hope in current scenes

3DS, Wii U and Vita literally only got this far in regards of piracy because some cool guy leaked shit. You're gonna need to hope pretty badly the same happens on Switch. Devs nowadays are a bunch of attention-hungry tumblrinas who then play along when their shit get leaked so they can stay relevant.

means that new games/eshop will require you to update it

The switch guy at least SEEMS cool about releasing stuff.

The only cool relevant dev around is SciresM.

Thanks user, will check it out!

Have another cute 'rachi

>tfw haven't played my 3DS in weeks
>still shitpost here every day
what's wrong with me

I just hacked my PS3

What do I do now?

play burnout 3 and the mgs games

>burnout 3
does that even emulate well on the PS3?

Vita got through with just one team.
There was no leaking either except that dumper which is deprecated anyway.

Now try that for 2 years. That's me.

ironhax was the shit

Burnout 3 runs surprisingly well on my slim.

>only got this far because some cool folk or folks leaked shit
What about the Wii, PSP, and Xbox360 hacking/homebrew scenes?

persona 5, demons souls, persona 4 and 3 runs in the emulator on the slims perfect. 3d dot game heroes (just be aware the game freezes alot so save often)

Nice job skipping the first four words of the post

Will any flashcart work with the new ntr boot method? I want to get a New 2DS XL and have an old M3 DS Real cart I could use to hack it but not sure if it's supported.

How have you been cucked you stupid cunt? You realise that them telling you the PS4 is hacked means you have everything at your disposal to reproduce the hack? They don't have any special powers you bitch, any of us *can* repeat the hack, it's just that we're too busy with our lives or we're too fucking dumb, or just don't care enough to go and put 2+2 together like the hack devs did.

The dumper leak was the kickstarter for piracy. Even if TeamFreek faggots were actually planning to release the thing they could easily squeeze attention out of it in a SALTfaggot way. Instead fl0w claimed he wasn't gonna release the finished thing, quickly backpedalled since releasing was the way to stay relevant, and then released garbage. Although the chink dumper came a bit after but idr if they reversed the leak and made it work or did it completely independently.

I'm a little late to the whole Wii homebrew scene but I just have a small dumb question.

So I'm using a Seagate Slim external 1TB HDD that has a default format of NTFS. USBLoaderGX is reading my Wii games backed up perfectly fine. Only thing is, Nintendon't doesn't recognize the HDD since it's not formatted to Fat32.

So my question is, am I just better off formatting the entire external to Fat32 with a 32 KB cluster size or just partitioning a certain section of the HDD to Fat32?

Thanks in advance.

NTFS is for niggers, use FAT32 for everything