What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=4627795
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nothing

They became a large company

soccer moms

Same thing that happened to the entire auto industry: women and faggots who are afraid of driving buying up nothing but cheaply made SUVs for the entirely incorrect misconception that they are, somehow, safer.
This trend encouraged automakers to just dump their R&D into creature comforts for people who hate driving, instead of focusing on innovations in engineering.
Consequently, the WRX and STI have had no marked improvements in over a decade and the rest of the line stagnated with them, because the performance models are always the testing platform for new mechanical improvements.

jesus christ too many memes and buzzwords you are dumb as fuck

>in over a decade
The WRX got the FA20 in 2015

At least they’re staying true to their roots with AWD and flat 4’s.
>Crosstek is the only mainstream crossover that is actually capable off-road.
>one of the last Japanese companies to offer an affordable 2seater sports coupe
>Even the new STI/WRX’s are some of the fastest ever.

>FA20
>"major leap in engine technology"
It's just modern production tech applied to an engine design that has already been there.

The world went from 3 billion to 7 billion niggers

>What did he mean by this?

Dunno, I have a bone stock 2014 Impreza Wagon with a 5spd manual, and I love it.

>one of the last Japanese companies to offer an affordable 2seater sports coupe

>Miata
>NSX
>370Z

Literally all of them make sports cars in some form.

>NSX
>affordable

>Miata
>where's the roof

Among the ones you've mentioned, there's only the 370Z

>NSX
>literally starts $100,000 higher than the most expensive version of the 370Z in the highest spec.
Your argument would've been a lot stronger without including the NSX.

To deny that Japanese sports cars are in a sad state of affairs is to deny reality. The 370Z is barely in the same category and is nearly a decade old now, Honda has no offering and so far as I can tell no plans for one. Toyota has a few concepts, but nothing green lit. The 86 twins and the miata are all that's left of affordable Japanese sports cars. Subaru also categorically refuses to improve the BRZ in the one area that most desperately needs improved.

at least the new Supra is coming out

They're too busy printing money by selling bland underpowered cuckovers to normies to spend any time or money on making something actually interesting like they used to, such as:
>Legacy GT/Outback XT
>manual Forester XT
>manual normal Legacy/Outback in the US
>turbodiesel anything in the US
>a new STi engine
>Levorg/WRX wagon in the US
>H6 in the Ascent
>an engine more powerful than a couple hamsters on wheels in the Impreza/Crosstrek
>more power in the BRZ

It's simple. In 2008 or so when they took away the temperature gauge and gave you a little blue light and a little red light & also make even the WRX a fat turd.

Kek

What the fuck is this shit

don't forget the baja

>Miata
>where's the roof

RF

>>one of the last Japanese companies to offer an affordable 2seater sports coupe
>Subaru

everyone, the delusion of soybaru fanboys distilled in one post.

boxer engines
cvts

>over 10 seconds to 60

The WRX is based on the econobox Impreza, meaning they have to make it pigfat and fuckheug to appeal to normies, meaning their sports variants have to deal with that same bloat.

>more power to the BRZ
Delet

God dammit, Akio! I know you just want it to be a dorifto toy, but lots of 86 owners want a turbo. Subaru was right. Give the people what they want!

do none of you know about toyotas stake in subaru? its no coincidence

who painted that?

Some soy boy

kek

this, everyone bashing subaru is a cynical whiny bitch who doesn't realize that car companies can't strictly appeal to enthusiasts, who are a minority of the customer base. if anything Veeky Forums should be surprised that the wrx hasn't been replaced by a crossover and that the brz exists at all.

>BRZ
Slow
>WRX
Ugly Spoiler ruins it

Nothing? I'm nothing but satisfied with my Forester. It handles like a dream, it can go off road like I've never seen for its its size, and its decently quick for a light SUV. The WRX is just fine as a performance focused sedan. Everything else the make is just fine, and is generally a continuation of what they started with. An outback is still a wagon build off their Legacy, the forester is still a light SUV build off the Impreza, and the WRX still works damn fine as a AWD turbocharged sedan. The only thing I dislike is the Crostek, but that is just them being competitive for every other crossover out there.

What is the problem here?

Head gaskets

So, you're going to overlook everything else for head gaskets? Even though it is an issue with older models and easily repaired?

The same thing wrong with every mass production auto make now? Carfags are a minority of the market, we're lucky they didn't pull a toyota and phase out everything remotely sporty

>WRX
>pigfat

for what it is and given the way modern cars have been going: no.

3200lbs for an AWD sedan with as much cargo and passenger space as it has is pretty good. Not light by any stretch and I'd really love to see them offer a factory lightened (No rear seats, no infotainment, less sound insulation) version.

The Impreza lost It's soul in order to become a fuel efficient highway commuter.

The WRX variants became toys for vapers.

Engine power has held steady for over a decade.

Crosstrek isn't bad, its really not much of a "crossover" just a lifted impreza geared toward going offroad a bit. Honestly its a step back toward what made Subaru popular back in the day which I like.

People reeeeee at the word "crossover" but it's really just a soft roading hatch back

I don't know. The Crosstrek is kind of what the Impreza should be. It essentially is an Impreza with a lift kit. You might not want to take it off road but you can confidently take it down shitty roads. The current Impreza bottoms out.

>new nsx
but thats american

>The current Impreza bottoms out.

Funnily enough the current wrx doesn't. I mean you've gotta watch the approach angle because of the front end hanging out like it does but the thing is stiff enough that, at least in my experience, you don't have issues on shitty roads.

>old cars are cool unless it's the wrx or the 370z
Why?

For you

>learn Subaru is launching a new 7-seat SUV this year, the "Ascent"
>its a 4cyl

The Evo died too, so the WRX/STI got fat and complacent. Still are nice cars, just not as sharp-looking as they used to be

The Tribeca didn't flop hard enough? I wonder what they'll be doing differently this time, other than not specifically brining out a new line of H6s for it.

>Miata
>Where's the roof
Just like buy a fiberglass hardtop lmao

lesbians

The "new" Impreza that's being offered here in Europe is just sad
>only one engine
>114hp
>cvt
>no manual option because of EyeSight cuckery

When did Subarus become carpet muncher carriers anyway?

Late Leone era.

They caught on bigly in snowy areas like New England where the it's very progressive to be a butch dyke. Slightly clever of SOA to have picked up on that and marketed specifically to them on billboards and such.

What do you guys think of their all new Ascent?

Makes sense to produce. Just hope they put more than the 2.4T in it so it'll sell.

toyota has owned a %16.5 share in subarus parent company since 2010. this is the root of the problem
abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=4627795
giant soulless commuter car manufacturer buys up larger share in you=you start turning into giant soulless commuter car manufacturer

Oh yeah at least a rebadged BMW jalopy is coming out

levorg with 300hp and manual not available in europe.
Europe only got 170hp cvt version. I test drove it and I was genuinely slow and lazy and didn't do justice to the great chassis ;/

That wasn't exactly their fault since the rules forced an inline 4 mounted transversely.

Well that's faggoty. They should bring back group N or whatever it was that they had to shut down because people kept dying from it.

Seriously? Every major racing organization is always banning the most successful cars, fucking gay.

BS,Subaru retired because of the economy,and there were still privateer teams running imprezas in 2009

this

do you really ride this much bus?
boy. a standard feature is REMOVABLE features!

>a standard feature is REMOVABLE features!

wanna give that one another try in english?

Bring back the brumby and give it the STI treatment

Please FCA, if you're out there, bring back Lancia and kick their complacent asses.

>not using a 4L flat 4

t's one of the only new crossovers that I'd want to be seen driving. I usually hate CUVs but this one's not bad.