WHY THE FUCK AREN'T BLIND SPOT MIRRORS STANDARD?

WHY THE FUCK AREN'T BLIND SPOT MIRRORS STANDARD?
They cost 10$ and could no doubt be integrated much better into the mirror if they were standard. They also help with parking and are already standard on trucks for a long time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IvAvHjYoLUU
law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/49/571.111
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

just turn your head around stupid

Actually makes sense, a lot more than companies installing electronic nannies and blind spot detectors for hundreds more that will cost a ton to fix if broken
Tell that to women in crossovers and SUV's trying to ram people off the road

Because you lose the reflex of looking over your shoulders.
You want to become even more stupid?
Driving a car nowadays require almost no skills and intelligence. With backup cameras, blind side lights, abs, esp, etc.

>seat belts should be a mandatory feature
>>just don’t get into accidents stupid

>ABS should be a standard feature
>>just get 4 brake pedals and detect wheel slip stupid

>headlights shoul be a standard feature
>>just see better in the dark stupid

>ABS
Your post used no skills or intelligence, so I imagine your driving must be exactly the same anyways.

When I bought my Tacoma, it came with the little stick on blind-spot mirrors. At first I thought they looked silly, but now I'll never have a truck without them. I rarely even need to use the larger mirror because the convexity covers so much.

>Majority of drivers slams the brake near of a stop on complete ice and rely on ABS to do the job.

Yeah they are very "intelligent" and there is a lot of calculation involved in stoping in shitty conditions.
I drive a non-abs non-esp car and trust me when the weather is shit here I am much more careful ans concentrated than these dummys with AWD and all their shitty control systems.

Just because you think you’re Takumi doesn’t mean ABS, ESP, and AWD are bad. It just means you’re delusional.

Please. Just think about how retarded you are making your posts right now.

It's easier and quicker to just give a glance retard

Just admit that you're poor

>Retarded for promoting drivers to pratice their skills and learn how to drive when one of their control system fails.

Yeah, whatever kid.
I thought I was on /Auto/ with people who liked driving but I guess I have to deal with CrossTrek lesbians.

I live in a region where winter lasts longer than the advertised 3 months.

The only idiots on the road who can’t handle ice are the ones who think they’re better than ABS and cause accidents because their car isn’t roadworthy.

Learn to adjust your mirrors. The blind spot is a myth, unless you drive a semi.

Not an argument.

I bet your car has an electric starter and synchronized gears too you faggot

>The 4WD/AWD left laners with too much confidence and no skills.

Winter last 8 months here and this is the poeple you always see in accidents.

>retard prides himself on being able do drive an average shitbox that most people he calls retarded already drove 15 years ago
>meanwhile literal kids in pakistan are driving 60's trucks without synced gearboxes

>t. Soyboys

People who enjoy cars like ABS because it means they can enjoy winter driving instead of driving like a grandma.

At least natural selection will keep you from reproducing when you take out your brake booster because you think you’re losing “driving feel”

I've got it as "wide" as it will go already dummy

If it’s seriously winter 8 months where you live, you wouldn’t be on this retarded anti-ABS crusade. It’s better headcannon if you claim to be from Florida.

Who (besides you ofc) is driving around in cars where control systems just randomly fail?

>I'm manly because I can drive my mom's old car
Never seen a bar that low

So what's the problem? Is pic related you?

There's still a blind spot retard. Like on almost all most cars.
I have no Idea how fedora you have to be to just assume 99% of people are dumb and don't know what they're talking about

Blind spots only ever come up in conversations on the internet or when taking driving lessons.
You don't need an extra mirror and you don't need to turn your head more than a few degrees when merging or changing lanes. If you do, then you're doing something wrong.

>you don’t need
Want to know how I can tell you’re European?

>turn your head [...] a few degrees when merging or changing lanes
because there's a blind spot in the mirror. Thank you for admitting you were wrong

What do your gun laws have to do with this? I'm not advocating for the banning of extra mirrors, if that's what you thought I was doing

Buy a Ford™ then

Well, do you have a neck brace? I thought you guys were doing these retarded over the shoulder checks that driving instructors force upon their pupils. I understand why that would be frustrating to constantly perform.

Because of technicalities, they are illegal in America.

i dont like them
they take up too much room on mirrors

>I thought you guys were doing these retarded over the shoulder checks that
That's needed with some mirrors. Maybe you're a teenager who's only ever driven new cars. That would explain why you think you're so smart

>do a shoulder check
>guy in front of you slams his brakes and you rear end him

I've driven a 1999 5 class BMW, 2002 Subaru Legacy, 1995 Toyota Starlet.
Never did I feel the need to do that shit.

I was just pointing out that you’re clearly European thanks to your “you don’t need” attitude about things.

>20 years is old
teenager confirmed then

That's a compliment, if anything. Pragmatism is a good thing.

They pretty much are standard everywhere but the US. Heard a while ago that curved mirrors aren't allowed on production cars in the US because it might "confuse" people about the distances of vehicles in the mirror (read: Americans are fucking retarded).

Exactly! Why would anyone ever need a car over 2 liters anyways?

Well whatever you heard was untrue.
Wrong.

If they were illegal in the US, they wouldn’t come standard on Fords.

>They pretty much are standard everywhere but the US.
They are absolutely not.

To go fast and have fun with.

You just said a bunch of lies so shut up

>driving so closely behind people that this is a regular concern.

Have you ever driven in a city or at a speed higher than 40mph?

Found the hick that never left his flyover state

if they don't turn their head chances they don't check mirror either
and even if they do they won't check the small patch in their mirror
blind spot light are better

The alternative to being a hick shouldn’t be the living hell in your pic related

This looks so fun..

hey retarded when you do a shoulder check the stop light of the car in front are still in your peripheral vision

Enjoy generations of povertyyoutube.com/watch?v=IvAvHjYoLUU

Then you're not doing a shoulder check

>He spends 15 seconds to check his death angle

Not enough experience/skills.
It should take less than 2 seconds.

Why do the check then? You can see the blind spot in your peripheral vision, nah?

not clicking that, enjoy the traffic

2 seconds is enough to rear end someone

Then you drive too fast for the traffic.
Even then, I said less than 2 seconds

no that's why it's a BLIND spot
you need to turn your head roughly 90° to do a shoulder check more is just unnecessary

And yet only 3 degrees of human vision shows any relevant detail

everytime i see one of those mirrors i know to change lanes, because 100% chance the driver is useless

I bought blind spot mirrors for my first and second car and ill buy them again.
I still head check because its fucking important.

>driving lesson before licence
>oh i should head check otherwise my instructor will tell me off
>theres a fucking motorcycle that i almost cleaned up

I turn my blind spot mirrors so i can see my blind spot as well the road, really great to see your exact position in the road, great for riding a line.
Only downside is come night time you realise how dependent you are on them and have to stop looking.

you need detail for what exactly ?
you need to check if something is in your blind spot or not
and sudden red light doesn't need any details to be interpreted

You're over estimating your peripheral vision, it only really shows that something is there, your brain fills in the gaps

>little pieces of plastic that cost a few bucks and vastly improve the visibility from the driver's seat of your car
>makes parking much easier too
>"REEEEEEEE GIT GUD AT DRIVING"
I forgot how many over confident teenagers and bus riders are on this board

law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/49/571.111

The Cameron Gulbransen Kids Transportation Safety Act of 2007 increased the NHTSA requirements for rear field of vision via mirror

the end of the phase in is 2016 as I understand it

i won't argue more
you're just playing retarded or retarded
don't do shoulder check and if you're lucky you won't hit anybody

Been driver longer than you've been having erections and my driving record is perfect

>i need more mirrors i cant see help me momy!!!!!!!
laughing my asshole off

Blind spot mirrors show more than a shoulder check and you don't have to drastically change your line of sight when using them

Lemme guess, you ladyboys also install a rear view camera whenever you get a new car, don't you?

They ARE. Why didn't you buy a car with convex mirrors, or blind spot mirrors built in?
Oh wait, you're poor.

Just get a Broadway mirror.

Not him but he most likely isn't. Peripheral vision varies from person to person and it can be trained. How do you think racing drivers, athletes etc manage? It takes a significant amount of time to focus your vision on something, pretty much half a second, which is longer than the reaction time of anyone who should be driving. Focus is barely relevant to driving, I can easily play games with merely my unfocused vision. Focus is for reading and shit. Peripheral vision registers movements insanely well, that is all you need to avoid an accident, you can use the 3% clear vision to read the license plate of the car you avoided and to read signs though

I have one on my car
they're pretty nice

>just don't get into accidents stupid
hey, it's worked for me.

Athletes train from incredibly young ages and have super human cerebellums. Basically a situation that doesn't apply to anyone on Veeky Forums

This, I've got my mirrors adjusted just right and there's no blind spots

Are these even that helpful?

I like the ones ford has integrated into the mirror

Drive something modern instead of a tin can

>my ten year old Saturn is a tin can
It's a plastic toy thank you very much

Meant for

Can confirm. 6 months of winter where I am and it is the trucks that end up in the ditch past November. The small car drivers are pretty good one they've been snow drifting for a few weeks.

ABS is great though.

It's safer looking in the mirrors than it is looking completely behind you asshole

I'm not in a flyover state but I also don't live in a big city and I thank God for that. Cities are fucking disgusting and the traffic that comes with them is a literal hell.

>correctly orient normal mirror
>blindspot eliminated

S O Y
O
Y

see
and replies

Toronto was a mistake

>tfw you had your ABS and traction control systems shut off because they were causing me to skid harder in the snow and almost landed me in a ditch twice

If you aren’t driving an suv or some such stupid shit then this is all you need

>Wheel speed sensor goes bad
>Mazdas and ford from 2000 to 2010 lose abs instantly

Yeah, it only happens in the movies.

>Brake switch fails on W202 benz leaving you with no ASR and ABS.

Sci-fi shit huh?

mfw I can see better out of my mirrors after I took the blind spot mirrors off

Between my rear view and side mirrors, I have no blind spots in my 2016 passat.

I have one on the passenger side mirror, but shoulder checking on the driver side is pretty effortless. I hate the round ones though, they take up too much room, rectangular ftw

I have a 2013 and a 2014 Ford Focus SE they both have blind spot mirrors integrated into the side view mirrors. It's a great feature in these shitboxes.

>>just don’t get into accidents stupid
>drive with flow of traffic allways if there is traffic
>keep actually below speed limit on highways because why speed? Straightline speed is fucking boring, its overly noisy and it turns fuel into commuting and noise not fun.
>screetch tyres through every corner
>wot through interesctions that turn left right leaving retarded normies scrambling for their phones to call the cops
>always let people in infront of me if they need to
>dont pretend others are retarded, know they are retarded. Expect retarded shti like people going max speed out of a blindmerge onto a highway to cross 4 lanes and turn left
>keep 3seconds of distance with front
>keep to left lane when lots of turn offs and ons on the right lane
>never do retarded left turns across multible lanes because its a retarded waste of everyones time and a huge accident hazard. Go right and do first left at stoplights or left turn or something
0 accidents
0 fines
Insurance companies pay me to drive
I have never fucking spoken to a cop.